Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]
Mar 16, 2019 3:38 PM

Aug 2009
So I'm giving this show a second chance since there's some positive buzz from people that have finished it. I also know what to expect now (lots and lots of dialogue) so I can just fully focus on the conversations.

That being said, the music this episode was amazing and I liked what they did to kind of deconstruct Haruki's personality. I didn't fully understand the motive behind her creating rules I think (she did it so she can avoid feeling sad?) but I still enjoyed the episode and liked to think about the different topics the characters were talking about.
Jun 4, 2019 11:58 PM

May 2017
Kind of boring , laughed a little but thats all , 6/10 for now
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

Jul 31, 2019 9:21 AM

Aug 2017
What a weird start.
The plot kinda cheesy but also unique. They can't really use it for themselves but with cooperation they can do more than random useless things. Though, idk if perfect memory is something weak, MC seems said so.

The pacing... too slow. I know they try to aim for that specific mood and set but combined with weak character introduction (so many exposition) it feels rushed and bland. Thankfully they don't forgot to add the hook at the end of the episode, although I think many peeps already given up before the end.

2/5.
"I'm tired, Boss. Mostly I'm tired of people being ugly at each other."
- John Coffey, Green Miles
Nov 23, 2019 12:13 AM
Oct 2014
Late for show but whatever. First ep's pacing is ok to me, can't relate to what y'all were talking 'bout. The thing that bothers me is character interaction. Why do they speak with and about each other as if they have known everyone for years? Not sure how many months time jumps did, how many rooftop conversations they had over the span or how good their social skills were, but they acted like long-time friends. It's weird to me since I can't feel that "first meet's awkwardness". Don't know, maybe it's just me.
Oct 18, 2021 2:50 AM
Aug 2021
This show is weird. These characters are either crazily philosophical beings, or just edgy af. It seems like even the animation style, voice acting, background music is trying to give a very low-energy, minimalistic, abnormal feel, but it kinda fits the overall tone of this weird show.
The vibe is oddly chill and calm, but every single line spoken by either Asai, Haruki, Souma, are just straight-up serious brain-twisting words. At some points, I really have to stop and rewatch certain parts just to keep up with what they said, regarding all the details, settings, rules, for their abilities, or the Good man, Hypocrite analogy - these people are clearly not talking like any normal people. The experience watching these people talk kind of reminded me about Serial Experiments Lain.
Would say that some parts of this episode left me utterly confused and interested. Don't know if this is the type of anime that requires a few rewatches to have a grasp on the world view and the content that they are talking about. It already feels like a fresh breeze of air into the SOL/mystery genre, but it might even be a masterpiece.
Very strong first episode. It feels super clean and concise, not having any excessive lines, and does not waste any time on comedy or fan service. It is rather low energy, but the amount of information is a lot : introducing interesting, unique characters, the particular world they live in, and so much other thoughts these people have. It hinted some little ideas regarding romance, masked under these very quirky dialogues, so if such things happens later it won't feel as forced. It attempts to lay down a lot of groundwork, but it does not feel rushed at all because of the overall chill vibe. It interests the audience by story, settings, suspense, not by putting any commercial personalities on these characters.
Cabbage_CatOct 18, 2021 3:34 AM
May 1, 2022 12:54 AM

Jan 2020
I might not be awake enough to focus on this..

This seems pretty all over the place. We kind of just got pushed into this and a lot is being thrown around. Nevertheless I'm, at least, somewhat interested. Though, I do feel like it's dragging a little bit.

But, I'm glad the scene card info is legible and accessible, unlike Monogatari. So, that's nice. And, it's interesting that it's comprised of "stories" that are broken into parts over the span of X episodes. I'm mostly just glad that the structure and settings are being spelled out to a degree; It doesn't yet appear that it's trying to be convoluted for the sake of being so.

"...Is your mother worried? Would you like us to assign someone to worry your mother?"

Aug 10, 2022 6:42 PM
Feb 2022
Well, now i know what to watch if i need to fall asleep…
Sep 20, 2022 10:06 PM
Jul 2021
In a charitable angle, I was probably no more mature than than the main characters here. But now when a 16-yr-old talks about his robot-like JK classmate is the personification of "pure goodness", I cannot help but cringe a bit. Hope the show gets better from here on.
Nov 20, 2022 10:01 AM

Mar 2019
Very direct and somewhat confusing first episode.

I'm curious about Sumire's past and if she has an ability. There has to be more to her than just a person who wants to get Kei and Misora together because they are similar.

Somewhat slow first episode although it's to be expected from a series with this premise. However that ending did seem interesting.
Come on man,where is that Noragami season 3 masterpiece.We want it, Bones!

Pages (5) « First ... « 4 5 [6]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 15 Discussion

Stark700 - Jul 12, 2017

44 by Rob7 »»
Mar 28, 2:58 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Jun 7, 2017

63 by Rob7 »»
Mar 27, 9:39 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 24, 2017

59 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 26, 1:30 AM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - May 3, 2017

77 by StateofOhayo »»
Mar 22, 10:20 PM

Poll: » Sakurada Reset Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 13, 2017

116 by Bortolo63 »»
Nov 28, 2023 2:49 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.