Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Apr 4, 2017 7:47 AM

Dec 2011
KingYoshi said:
This seems like an insane amount of unique teams. I don't recall another season like this one. Should be interesting.

In terms of % of unique exact team setup, it's the highest at least since the restart in Spring 2012*, beating the previous high from Fall 2013 (which was the first season with stuff blacklisted for popularity).
In terms of % of unique combination of 7 teams, it's the fourth highest since the restart, and highest since Spring 2015 very narrowly beat it.
In terms of % of unique active teams , it's the third highest since the restart, and highest since Fall 2014.

Overall I'd say Fall 2014 was about the same level as this time, and Fall 2013 more so than this time. You (KingYoshi) have participated every time since Fall 2012.

*before the hiatus this data was not mentioned and I'm not going to work it out for myself.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Apr 4, 2017 11:22 AM

Apr 2013
Stark700 said:
I'm slightly surprised that so many people chose Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata ♭

It airs really late and sequels usually don't do well.
Otherwise, I'm pretty confident in my team this time. Not really worried about Renai Boukun as I'm doubting it will do that well later in game.

My first week might have a slow start but most of my points should come week 3-rest.

It's my first time taking part in this and I picked this particular show randomly out of the blue.. may end up regretting it, but here's hoping
Apr 4, 2017 4:51 PM

Feb 2010
Surprising I only share my active team with one other person. Usually my team choices are way more popular than that. Good luck @joinedforFAL in any case.

With my luck Clockwork Planet is gonna be the next Yuri on Ice and Saekano will be useless tho. But you can't cover all your bases. Most shows this season sound like they could be hit or miss, unlike with other season there wasn't one show I was sure was gonna be at least top 3 before the season started. Definitely promises to become one of the most interesting FAL seasons due to that.
I probably regret this post by now.
Apr 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Nov 2011
Wow! Delivery My team does not appear in anything of those listed, I do not know if that is good or bad. It is also the ranking of the choices made by the participants at the FAL, makes me a little uneasy, would not that I had hurt my calculations. Okay, now "the die is cast."
Apr 5, 2017 10:06 AM
Apr 5, 2017 10:54 AM

Aug 2012

I'm not too worried. It's ten times better than Netflix(rip Nanatsu no Taizai's FAL) since they actually stream the episodes. As long as they're getting subbed and available unlike NnT which had to rely on inconsistent fansubs, most people on MAL are just going to torrent or watch on gogo anyway.

Plus if Zero Kara is impacted, we're pretty much all equally screwed anyway lol. I was already aware of the risk with Re:Creators, but Sakurada not having that CR extra exposure does concern me a bit.
Apr 5, 2017 12:07 PM

Nov 2011
Yeah, from what I've seen, they're not too far behind. Only a mere few hours with their uploads as opposed to Netflix.
Apr 5, 2017 3:39 PM

Feb 2010

Gonna largely depend on whether HS rips those I'd say.
Apr 5, 2017 6:16 PM

Nov 2011

If it ended up going badly for those shows FAL-wise with no HS rips then it would actually be a boon for me since Saekano is the only part of my team that would be affected, and I can just swap that out.
Apr 5, 2017 8:20 PM

Sep 2016
seems it's gonna be so much fun :3 extra hyped for my first time playing.
Apr 6, 2017 12:45 AM
Mar 2013
Pullman said:
Surprising I only share my active team with one other person. Usually my team choices are way more popular than that. Good luck @joinedforFAL in any case.

With my luck Clockwork Planet is gonna be the next Yuri on Ice and Saekano will be useless tho. But you can't cover all your bases. Most shows this season sound like they could be hit or miss, unlike with other season there wasn't one show I was sure was gonna be at least top 3 before the season started. Definitely promises to become one of the most interesting FAL seasons due to that.

my notification bar lit upon mention of my name, best of luck to you (the one show difference we have looks to be in your favor since i went sukasuka for essentially the hot goblin in the pv,and possible huge twists from premise(the 'too cute to live,world is a f**k' kind))
Apr 6, 2017 8:07 AM

Feb 2010
joinedforFal said:
Pullman said:

my notification bar lit upon mention of my name, best of luck to you (the one show difference we have looks to be in your favor since i went sukasuka for essentially the hot goblin in the pv,and possible huge twists from premise(the 'too cute to live,world is a f**k' kind))

I'm definitely looking forward to sukasuka more than most shows I picked and it's probably gonna be the better show but I don't think it will reach all the mainstream audiences. But hey, I didn't pick Yuri in Ice last season for the same reason so what do I know xD

Are you worried about Clockwork Planet?
Apr 6, 2017 8:18 AM
Mar 2013
@pullman a little bit worried, the bevy of ln adaptations to pick from made me wary of picking too many, and the stats didn't look good at time of choosing.

i'm more into seeing how much disruption anime strike tosses into the mix than anything else this round
Apr 6, 2017 9:08 AM

Feb 2010
joinedforFal said:
@pullman a little bit worried, the bevy of ln adaptations to pick from made me wary of picking too many, and the stats didn't look good at time of choosing.

i'm more into seeing how much disruption anime strike tosses into the mix than anything else this round

I just don't have a very high opinion of Xebec and the synopsis was super vague too so I figured it might be the next Coppelion or Mayoiga.

Yeah that could definitely turn the season into a complete random-fest. Honestly not a fan of sudden announcements ruining all the previous planning and considerations but well, it is how it is.
Apr 6, 2017 10:49 AM

Feb 2013
Interesting fact that @Luna and I took over the Lina Inverse Fanclub from @Ramen and now I have to somehow outscore her with a similar team.

But all that matters is beating @Naruleach anyway. Bonuses be damned.
Apr 7, 2017 7:31 AM

Apr 2016
Okay then, let's see...

•I definetely​ did NOT expected Eromanga-sensei to be the most picked anime, since for what I know it has a lot of potential to flop. That said, I was right about my feeling of Grimoire of Zero being one of the most picked. I feel that it could become one of the most popular anime of this season, that's why I picked it.

•Again, really surprised that [i]Saekano S2[i] has the most picks over Shingeki no Bahamut: Virgin Soul, considering that the former starts a week later, and the latter starts this week, giving it a starting advantage. (Maybe I should've put more faith in the A-1 Picures shows... XD)

•Also Re:Creators and Sakurada Reset were some of the most picked too, as I expected. It's a big gamble with both, but I feel like the risk may be worth it.

•I also chose Alice to Zoroku in my active time, but considering the first episode wasn't as popular with people as I thought it would be, this might be a problem to me in the future...

Sakura Quest was picked by more people than I thought it would, so if it does well, it could be a good switch in case one of my active shows flop. Same with SukaSuka, which from what I heard, it could end up being pretty great.

Hopefully, I will end up in a better position that with the last FAL... XD

Good luck to everyone else! :)
Apr 7, 2017 2:54 PM

Jul 2013
Pullman said:

Maybe we should be.. The current rating is 6.6 after the first episode and most of the forum posts are very negative :( as in being dropped negative..
Apr 7, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2010
zz-e said:
Pullman said:

Maybe we should be.. The current rating is 6.6 after the first episode and most of the forum posts are very negative :( as in being dropped negative..

I meant worried because we don't have it on our team. I'm actually relieved now because the first episode was so bad so I'm glad it's not on my team. However Sakurada Reset isn't doing much better and that IS part of my team so that's my biggest worry now.
Apr 7, 2017 3:10 PM

Jul 2013
Pullman said:

I meant worried because we don't have it on our team. I'm actually relieved now because the first episode was so bad so I'm glad it's not on my team. However Sakurada Reset isn't doing much better and that IS part of my team so that's my biggest worry now.

I see. Hope they both improve! For now, I'm a little bit worried that I don't have Renai Boukun on my list. It's performing pretty good in terms of boths viewers and score.
Apr 9, 2017 6:56 AM

Aug 2016
No idea how this'll go...this is my first time, and no research was done on my part. Apparently most of my team is unpopular (read: bad) choices. Let's just see, and let the best team win!
FalseLogic57Apr 9, 2017 11:01 AM
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Voting

Nate - Apr 22

14 by Bunnyama »»
14 minutes ago

» | OPEN | Best Profile Design (April 2024) VOTING

KarenShirotori - Apr 21

18 by ElyTheIrenic »»
Apr 24, 2:50 PM

» [CLOSED] Best Signature Design - April 2024 | Nominations

Nate - Apr 1

9 by Nate »»
Apr 22, 6:14 AM

» | CLOSED | Best Profile Design (April 2024) NOMINATIONS

KarenShirotori - Apr 1

8 by KarenShirotori »»
Apr 21, 4:05 AM

» Best Profile Design (January 2024) WINNER

KarenShirotori - Feb 4

7 by batslimeman »»
Apr 17, 8:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.