Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2017 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
Watched it, glad I watched it, wished or Season 2, wish for more translation of the LN, wish for more chapters from the manga, but will accept reality.
Mar 31, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2016
Loved the character! good anime, 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 31, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
I really really hope that this is a 2 cour season, like how Bungou Stray Dogs did it.

Seeing as I rate anime based more off of enjoyment instead of individual aspects, I have to give this show a 10. I absolutely loved this show.

Get your shit straight Brenda
Mar 31, 2017 11:36 AM

May 2009
stay great, tanya

Mar 31, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2016
Wars (modern ones) are started for national profits which is usually sugarcoated with lofty ideals, though what usually drives the soldiers are the more personal ones, from desire to protect family/comrades from dying, to the thirst for vengence.

And sometimes, wars continued disregarding the initial goals in favor of impulse decision driven by emotions...

This anime nailed it. a 10/10 from me and it's time for me to start reading vol 1-4 LN...

Deus volt/10 for showing Mary Sue as the potential rival for Tanya!!!
Mar 31, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2011
What a great series, I loved it, I'm glad I decided to watch it without minding the artstyle, in the end I grew up with it and I got used to it, pretty much, I like it.
Great OST and VA, Aoi Yuuki really did great.
I'm waiting for S2, c'mon Being X, give us another season
Mar 31, 2017 11:56 AM

Dec 2014
Tanyas facial expressions at the end. ded

Mar 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Gotta love Tanya's speech about how hatred and other strong emotions can make humans go to greath lenghts. So true.
I mean, why not listen the absurdly talented crazy loli who was right most of the time, huh. Yeah, it is radical to exterminate every single threat, but now they joined forces to kill their enemy in common D:
Aaaaand Tanya bringing back the crazy Higurashi faces lol
Hope there is a season 2, enjoyed this show more than I expected *-*

Mar 31, 2017 12:05 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
It was a solid episode that showed a lot of information, as well as a major lead up to a second season. There was Mary, there was Tanya's affirmation that she won't bow to Being X, and most importantly, she got her confidence and swagger back by the end of the episode.

It's now only the 3rd anime TV series I've ever rated a 10 (excluding OVAs & movies).
Mar 31, 2017 12:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well then, Tanya probably fucked up. I don't see her battalion getting out of this in one piece.

Can not even fault Mary for further believing in god after what happened to her dad. Really intense setup with potential for a good ''who should we root for'' story in a possible S2.

7/10, i'm not into military anime at all but the second half stepped it up and it was almost enough for an 8/10.

Mar 31, 2017 12:25 PM

May 2016
I really hope there will be a second season. This end was so intense!
Mar 31, 2017 12:30 PM

Aug 2012
With that type of ending no way in hell this does not get another season. I mean there are some that cliffhanger and don't but the last one to cliffhanger this hard and not get one was Spice and Wolf...which I still do not understand how that didn't get more.
Mar 31, 2017 12:41 PM

Dec 2013
Decent finale, series was a seasonal surprise given the description it had at the start.
Mar 31, 2017 12:44 PM

Dec 2014
I was kinda expecting something like this in the finale..... I am so gonna miss Tanya
Mar 31, 2017 12:49 PM
Jul 2018
So....they decide to end with a cliffhanger afterall? Cool that's what I was waiting for.

I can't say if there is really really epic plot twist later on the story(LN) then this should get 2nd season! 8.75/10 from me.

This one was the best,unbeatable mood killer anime in this season! all other anime are slower than this one!
removed-userMar 31, 2017 6:26 PM
Mar 31, 2017 1:25 PM
Sep 2009
It's been a while since I rated a show 10/10. Maybe if 99/100 shows these days didn't have brain damaged MCs like naruto or that exorcist dude, I'd rate this one lower.
Mar 31, 2017 1:56 PM

Sep 2013
9/10 the higher ups now realize they missed their chance of ending the war.
They tried to be nice but the enemy is too filled with greed to allow a new superpower so they need to kill it off at all cost.
An atheist rant to end the show.

Mar 31, 2017 2:05 PM
Mar 2016
Well then we are left with a cliffhanger, and here is where the alternate USA enters the war, and we have MARY SIOUX..................Season 2???????Maybe.
Mar 31, 2017 2:19 PM

Feb 2014
Just when I thought it would follow the world war paradox, Tanya defies/defiles god as hell!!!
When someone asks me why I like anime, I'd say Just Because.

Mar 31, 2017 2:31 PM

Sep 2012
My favorite show from this season besides KonoSuba. Go for it NUTS.

Mar 31, 2017 2:49 PM

Dec 2016
Easily one of the best shows of winter 2017.

That part with Mary is what I definitely wanted to see.

Now I just hope for another season so I can watch her fight against Tanya.
Mar 31, 2017 2:53 PM

Dec 2009
It's gonna be a long way to Tipperary, until this war is going to finally end.
SimmonzApr 1, 2017 3:03 PM
Mar 31, 2017 3:10 PM

Jul 2016
I'm gonna be one of the few people that say "finally, it's over".

I get that many people enjoyed this anime, but I'm not a fan of military anime so all I saw in the subtitles was "blah blah blah military stuff blah blah army blah blah victory..."

This episode was not any special either. No battles, just military talks again, and Tanya being a little more mature and crazy than usual. Meh, I still don't care about what's really going on.

Total Score: 5/10
Mar 31, 2017 3:26 PM
Aug 2016
I'm sad that this anime ended, honestly i hope that chinese's rumors are actually true, even if it's kinda hard to believe.
Solid 7.5 for me, it could've been 8 if it wasn't for some REALLY horrible CG designs in last episodes. Great opening (my favourite of this season) and ending (2nd favourite after Gabriel dropout's one).

Hope to see more nazi loli soon.
Mar 31, 2017 3:32 PM

Jun 2016
I really loved this anime! hope for a second season.
Mar 31, 2017 3:33 PM

Jul 2011
I loved this anime from the first 2-3 episodes & it was for me a 9/10 show from the start, now that I have seen the final episode that change to 9.5/10 (on aniDB), near perfect, after having experienced everything I love it even more now, definitely the best show of the season imo, I'm just sad that it end :( I want moAr!!! also I <3 Yuuki Aoi, her acting is amazing I can't get out of my head her performance in Overlord, if there was Oscar for Seiyuu acting then she deserves to get one for her role there, I truly believe that.
Mar 31, 2017 3:39 PM
Oct 2012
Zuraki said:
but I'm not a fan of military anime

Most people have the good sense not to watch a genre they dislike, most people also have enough courtesy to not go on a thread to say how much they hated the show because they hate the genre.

You have neither it seems.
Mar 31, 2017 3:44 PM

Jul 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
Zuraki said:
but I'm not a fan of military anime

Most people have the good sense not to watch a genre they dislike, most people also have enough courtesy to not go on a thread to say how much they hated the show because they hate the genre.

You have neither it seems.

I simply stated my opinion. This thread is for everyone. Don't like my post? Don't mind it.
Mar 31, 2017 3:53 PM

Nov 2014
Took it from a 7 to an 8 for me even without the action. The post credits part definitely makes me want a season 2.
Mar 31, 2017 3:55 PM
Sep 2016
Okay so lets get down to it now that the show is over.

Matter 1) Wouldn't Tanya be the biggest trap of the century (putting aside the whole rebirth from older male to female baby and no pun intended for the century joke.) Just try thinking of Tanya requiring a son but having to sit there with the male mentality in the girls body when involving a sexual partner.. makes the rule 34 out there a bit awkward to even think about.

Matter 2) Anyone else think this just screamed " YA'LL WANT A SECOND SEASON?!?! LET ME HEAR YOU MAKE SOME NOISE!!"

Matter 3) Being X sends people to Tanya to get rid of her from the world but she somehow keeps beating his cheat tactics.. did being X make Tanya too strong or like what's going on?

Mar 31, 2017 4:05 PM

Aug 2013
AHHHH I need season 2!!!!

9/10

Mar 31, 2017 4:18 PM

Nov 2014
After ending like that it will really suck if we don't get 2nd season.
Mar 31, 2017 4:19 PM
Oct 2012
Jlenzon said:
Matter 3) Being X sends people to Tanya to get rid of her from the world but she somehow keeps beating his cheat tactics.. did being X make Tanya too strong or like what's going on?

Being X doesnt' want Tanya to die, he wants her to be saved. He gave her the power to change the world to see if Tanya would change it for the better. She hasn't.

The joke on Tanya is that she blames Being X for all the things that are happening to her, but she has caused all of them: she joined the military, she gave the German HC the idea for the Battalion and then made it too successful, she was the one who came up with the idea to bomb the city which caused the Republic forces to hate the Empire, and she made the Empire's victory too easy, so that the UK, USSR, and USA HAVE to get involved.

Tanya is doubling and tripling down on her belief in "efficiency" because she refuses to consider what HER part in all this is: hence she continues to whine like a businessman while she goes about killing everyone.

Mar 31, 2017 4:20 PM

May 2015
That was one crazy ending, lol. I wonder if we'll ever get another season after that ending, but we'll have to see I guess.

Anyway, pretty decent show overall. These 12 episodes were quite enjoyable and had some really good moments.

8/10.

Mar 31, 2017 4:23 PM
Oct 2012
Zuraki said:
I simply stated my opinion. This thread is for everyone. Don't like my post? Don't mind it.

And I stated my opinion of your opinion. Don't like it, don't mind it.

If you don't like a show, criticize the show. If you want to criticize the genre go to the anime thread.
Mar 31, 2017 4:32 PM

Jul 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
Zuraki said:

And I stated my opinion of your opinion. Don't like it, don't mind it.

If you don't like a show, criticize the show. If you want to criticize the genre go to the anime thread.

I'm not criticising the genre, you know. I've seen other military anime that I liked, I just didn't like the specific series and the way it used the genre. I said I'm not a fan of military anime, not that I dislike it.
Mar 31, 2017 4:34 PM
Sep 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
Jlenzon said:

Being X doesnt' want Tanya to die, he wants her to be saved. He gave her the power to change the world to see if Tanya would change it for the better. She hasn't.

The joke on Tanya is that she blames Being X for all the things that are happening to her, but she has caused all of them: she joined the military, she gave the German HC the idea for the Battalion and then made it too successful, she was the one who came up with the idea to bomb the city which caused the Republic forces to hate the Empire, and she made the Empire's victory too easy, so that the UK, USSR, and USA HAVE to get involved.

Tanya is doubling and tripling down on her belief in "efficiency" because she refuses to consider what HER part in all this is: hence she continues to whine like a businessman while she goes about killing everyone.

Although that is true... it does sort of give off that feeling that they are always out to kill her for what ever god forsaken Ex Machina reason. I guess once a devout unbeliever always an unbeliever till the very end. Wonder what being X would do if she reached old age and was gonna die. Would he just resurrect her again till she learns her lessons?
Mar 31, 2017 4:41 PM
Jul 2013
Tanya went from 0-100 at the end lol.

This is definitely one of the top animes of this year so far, and deserves a second season.
Mar 31, 2017 4:44 PM
Oct 2012
Jlenzon said:
I guess once a devout unbeliever always an unbeliever till the very end. Wonder what being X would do if she reached old age and was gonna die. Would he just resurrect her again till she learns her lessons?

At the beginning of the series Being X said that this would be Tanya's last reincarnation (God here being a combination of Buddhist and Christian), but I think Being X only said that to make Tanya take life more seriously. Something the Salaryman did not do (he was completely apathetic about dying, which is what caused Being X to intervene: what's the point of reincarnation if people refuse to learn from life.
Mar 31, 2017 4:47 PM
Sep 2016
Takuan_Soho said:
Jlenzon said:
I guess once a devout unbeliever always an unbeliever till the very end. Wonder what being X would do if she reached old age and was gonna die. Would he just resurrect her again till she learns her lessons?

At the beginning of the series Being X said that this would be Tanya's last reincarnation (God here being a combination of Buddhist and Christian), but I think Being X only said that to make Tanya take life more seriously. Something the Salaryman did not do (he was completely apathetic about dying, which is what caused Being X to intervene: what's the point of reincarnation if people refuse to learn from life.

Oh yeah!! Being X did say that during the platform meet and greet. It be a loss for being X if Tanya never learned a lesson so I'm sure he would maybe make her live a little longer then most or just set up in an even harsher situation than a world war as a little girl.
Mar 31, 2017 4:50 PM
Jul 2014
Solid finale to a good show, though obviously begging for a second season. Hopefully we get it.
Mar 31, 2017 5:12 PM

Oct 2016
kkusagami said:
Oh, my goddess Tanya Degurechaff !
The last minute of the episode is really touch the Atheist's heart like me.

Haha.. except that God really does exist in their world.

Atheist unite!

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Mar 31, 2017 5:16 PM
Apr 2012
heinrich6745 said:
kkusagami said:
Oh, my goddess Tanya Degurechaff !
The last minute of the episode is really touch the Atheist's heart like me.

That video is blocked due to copyright >.<

Is there another place with it cause i'd like a copy of it but i'm about to be busy doing stuff outside so i don't wanna do it myself later lol.

Oh,stupid youtube ,you can try using VPN though ,it is the last minute of the anime ,youtube told me it is block to 248 countries except South Korea .

So the Atheist thing are very big issue for youtube?
Mar 31, 2017 5:18 PM

Nov 2014
kkusagami said:
heinrich6745 said:

That video is blocked due to copyright >.<

Is there another place with it cause i'd like a copy of it but i'm about to be busy doing stuff outside so i don't wanna do it myself later lol.

Oh,stupid youtube ,you can try using VPN though ,it is the last minute of the anime ,youtube told me it is block to 248 countries except South Korea .

So the Atheist issues are very big thing for youtube?

Forgot to reply but after i had some free time i recorded it myself so i'm all good now haha. That is rather stupid of Youtube doing that.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Mar 31, 2017 5:32 PM

Sep 2014
Although I think its a bit cringy if the girl becomes tanyas rival..
Very good episode! I hope they make season 2!
Definetely one of my favorite animes this year. Tanya is a just an awesome MC!
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Mar 31, 2017 5:50 PM
Jul 2016
Mar 31, 2017 6:13 PM

Jan 2016
"The flames of hatred must be extinguished"

Good god, Tanya is the most agreeable person I've seen in an anime.
Mar 31, 2017 6:33 PM

Jan 2011
“Hatred breeds hatred” this show turned out pretty damn good thought it was going to be overly "edgy" for lack of better words.

kinda always knew the empire wasn't all that good from the start but with that set up with Mary at the end they really do seem like the bad dudes with the rest of the world going to arms towards them

was refreshing to get a MC like Tanya for once will gladly watch another season of this not sure how much content is left but hopefully there's enough after that tease .

8/10
Mar 31, 2017 6:34 PM

Aug 2015
Loli Hitler, goat.
Pages (6) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jan 20, 2017

218 by RGreatDanton »»
Yesterday, 4:54 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

313 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:58 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

448 by RGreatDanton »»
Apr 24, 11:41 PM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

147 by Phixiately »»
Apr 22, 9:38 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
Apr 17, 8:45 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.