Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
The Saga of Tanya the Evil (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Mar 31, 2017 6:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well the finale didn't have much action.

More of an assessment of the events and military affairs. I actually think by presenting itself that way, it works as it reflects the progress of Tanya and the military.

Pretty interesting show overall. Being X and Tanya made this show into this into a war larger than life. 7/10. Too bad it's not continuing with another season as it pretty much just sets up for more wars. Tanya still defies X to the end lol
Stark700Mar 31, 2017 8:18 AM
Mar 31, 2017 6:26 AM
Review Moderator
Jan 2017
There is a big chance for a second season. Lets see if it is possible since the story isn't concluded

Mar 31, 2017 7:27 AM
Jan 2016
That was a nice touch, showing Mary's pledge and expression before the ending credits, then showing Tanya's pledge and expression at the actual end.

It may be a vain hope, but this definitely leaves me wanting a second season.
Mar 31, 2017 7:31 AM

Jul 2008
At this point I'm really hoping for a second season in the future.

Other worldly world war of this type gets very interesting. If season 2 never comes though... I'll just be buying the novels from japan then.

Mar 31, 2017 7:45 AM

Nov 2008
MysteriousBanana said:
That was a nice touch, showing Mary's pledge and expression before the ending credits, then showing Tanya's pledge and expression at the actual end.

It may be a vain hope, but this definitely leaves me wanting a second season.

im just glad they actually showed Mary in the r ole she was actually meant to have - But I do hope for a second season - Teenage Tanya ;D
Mar 31, 2017 7:51 AM
The Komori

Mar 2013
Wow so they actually decided to go through with the Mary thing after all....I need a S2 for my AOTS even more now lol
Mar 31, 2017 8:09 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Well... great anime in general but yeah, definitely needs a second season with that kind of "ending"
Mar 31, 2017 8:21 AM
Apr 2012
Oh, my goddess Tanya Degurechaff !
The last minute of the episode is really touch the Atheist's heart like me.

kkusagamiMar 31, 2017 8:47 AM
Mar 31, 2017 8:37 AM

Jun 2015
With an ending like that, there needs to be a second season. She just declared war against God. This was a good series. 7/10
Mar 31, 2017 8:38 AM

Dec 2014
Yeah, that was a fairly open final episode. Heck, it didn't even feel like a final episode.

There wasn't a lot of action this episode, more of just summarizing and comments on the current state of the world/war with some future prospects.
I like how during the conversation where Tanya was talking about the emotional and impulsive nature of humans there was a picture of a painting of a man and the dragon in the background. Somehow that felt really symbolic to the context, I'm not able to explain why though. xD

As expected peace didn't last long, from armistice to sortie, Tanya's battalion is back in action. That final Tanya speech where she disparages God though. :3

Overall, great show. When it first started I wasn't sure how they were gonna execute the war and political theme but here we are and they've done it excellently. The action was top notch from the start to finish and really exciting and enjoyable to watch even if it's portraying the brutality of war. I originally had a little doubt regarding the magic/science side of the show where we often never really get explanations as to why these powers work in this particular way, (Especially true for most magic battle LN's) while this show certainly didn't really provide alot of detail regarding the magic and powers side. The actions and battles were still great and I didn't have any issue with them. So yeah, great show.

8/10 , Really need S2 after an ending like this.
Mar 31, 2017 8:42 AM

Jan 2015
Whoa, that's it? Just Tanya speak her mind, then some narration about what happen next, and the last is that volunteer girl? This gonna be some "sign" for "need S2". LOL
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/Mascera&sclick=1]convert gambar online
Mar 31, 2017 8:51 AM
Jul 2018
Those 2 finale speeches by Mary and Tanya were a really hype way to finish the anime.

Aoi did a fantastic job voicing Tanya! That last minute when Tanya did her speech was pure sex for my ears.

I'm going to miss our Nazi Loli. Please NUT make S2!
Mar 31, 2017 8:54 AM

Feb 2011
Called it! Be satisfied with this ending already. This was Being X's plot from the very beginning. This war is not going to end anytime soon. However, it would be a nice surprise if the story continued after a time skip, since we all want to see Tanya as an adult. Well, probably not the lolicons, but we know this war is going to out liver her after missing the opportunity to end the war before it escalated. Nice to see Erich have complete faith in Tanya even though his opinion of her hasn't changed since the beginning.
Give me at least 5 minutes to modify my post before quoting me. (refreshing page advised)
Mar 31, 2017 8:55 AM

May 2015
I think Season 2 is a sure thing because of the way the series ended. Also, what an epic final scene! Crazy Tanya is best Tanya. I wonder if her power will be affected by her public declaration of war against X.

And showing Mary's pledge against Tanya's was a nice touch. Believer vs atheist. Nice!

Do we know if Yen Press will pick up the LN? I really want to read the novels but I don't know japanese T____T
Mar 31, 2017 8:59 AM

Jun 2014
No action in this finale, but it did a good job of setting up future events, particularly with those 2 speeches at the end from Mary and Tanya.

I was going to give this a 6, but I actually liked this a bit more than I thought I would, especially since I thought this sounded kind of dumb when I first heard about it. So with that in mind, I'll give it the +1, 7/10. Not a bad first effort for Studio NUT (still can't get over that name lol) and hopefully we can get a 2nd season someday.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Mar 31, 2017 9:00 AM

Mar 2016
all i can say is NUT NUT NUT
Mar 31, 2017 9:11 AM
Jun 2016
Ruu said:
I think Season 2 is a sure thing because of the way the series ended. Also, what an epic final scene! Crazy Tanya is best Tanya. I wonder if her power will be affected by her public declaration of war against X.

And showing Mary's pledge against Tanya's was a nice touch. Believer vs atheist. Nice!

Do we know if Yen Press will pick up the LN? I really want to read the novels but I don't know japanese T____T

I don't know about yen press picking up the LNs, but there is a free light novel fan-translation that is coming out at a pretty consistent pace of a chapter every 1-2 months. It is really good and has none of the grammar problems that many translators have.

http://skythewood.blogspot.com/p/youjo-senki.html
Mar 31, 2017 9:11 AM

Oct 2015
Good anime overall, i hope it has a season 2 sometime in future, score 8/10
Tanya Vs Mary i wanna see it
Mar 31, 2017 9:13 AM

Dec 2015
I guess that's the last episode for ya. Finally Tanya showed her crazy side once again, I missed that.
Overall this was one of the most entertaining shows of this season, well done NUT, hoping for a season 2.
joe_g7Mar 31, 2017 10:02 AM
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 31, 2017 9:16 AM
Oct 2012
Loved the moment when Tanya went from being an angelic worshiper to the devil. Absolutely brilliant scene.

Her speech about "hatred" and the limits of reason were also well done, liked the empty cup metaphor for celebrating victory. But Tanya's solution while efficient, is horrible. Exterminate them all.

Thus once again Tanya ignores the lesson that Being X is trying to teach her - so back into the breech.
Mar 31, 2017 9:25 AM

May 2015
MiraLynik said:
Ruu said:

I don't know about yen press picking up the LNs, but there is a free light novel fan-translation that is coming out at a pretty consistent pace of a chapter every 1-2 months. It is really good and has none of the grammar problems that many translators have.

thank you!! I was looking for a good translation <33
Mar 31, 2017 9:26 AM

Aug 2016
FINALLY, MARY SIOUX...!!!!!
She's the real thing, but can't spoil any further.

I really thought that this anime would end here. I was mistaken.
The last moment of last episode is a reaffirmation that the main character is a true devil.

Can't wait the S2.
Mar 31, 2017 9:30 AM

Jul 2009
If i'm not wrong, this wrap up Volume 3 of the LN or just around there.

There should be 6 or 7 LN volumes out for sale right now.
'Everything is impossible until proven possible.' - Me

Mar 31, 2017 9:32 AM

Aug 2013
can I hope for 2nd season because they show Mary Sue there?
Mar 31, 2017 9:34 AM

Jul 2014
If only they'd all listened to Tanya when they had the chance...

Oh well, with an ending like that, there's surely going to be a second season down the line. And if there is, I will definitely be happy cos this first season was far better than I had first expected it to be.

8/10
Mar 31, 2017 9:37 AM

May 2015
So they want to protect peace by starting another war??

Mar 31, 2017 9:47 AM

Oct 2012
I was slightly disappointed that there wasn't more action in this final episode.

A nice recap of previous events, with a discussion on the conflicting rationality and emotions of humans.

All that was missing was "War. War never changes".

The ending leaves room for a possible second season (hype), and what a way to end it with Tanya's last speech to her troops.

Overall: 7/10
CrashAndBurnMar 31, 2017 11:23 AM
Mar 31, 2017 9:48 AM

Apr 2014
ArtG1 said:

History likes to repeat itself.

The episode was really good and overall the series was awesome. Now I hope that someone will release the light novel.
Mar 31, 2017 9:52 AM

May 2015
It's was fun anime to wacht. I hope that there will be 2nd season.

7/10.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Mar 31, 2017 9:53 AM
Jun 2016
Ruu said:
MiraLynik said:

thank you!! I was looking for a good translation <33

No problem! The only thing that annoys me is how slowly it comes out, but when you think about it, each chapter is like 50-70 pages of reading material.
Mar 31, 2017 9:55 AM

Dec 2008
well **ck me... :( I was so hyped to see a great finale and instead... we get this... well I can only hope they at some point make a second season, hopefully while I am still alive and interested in anime... because oh well, we know sometimes we may wait longer to see a second season of some stuff... Hell I am still waiting for a 3rd season of Spice and Wolf...
Mar 31, 2017 9:56 AM

Sep 2011
As everyone stated, this episode is simply just begging for another season.

Good series. Since it's kinda predictable that there will be another season in the future, I'll definitely wait for it.

Mar 31, 2017 9:58 AM

Jul 2013
The ending speech sure was intense xD I hope for a second season, but I won't get many hopes for the moment.

They also revealed Mary taking a relevant role like the ones who read the VN predicted. While it was nice, I would had prefered if she would have been shown after the credits instead of Tanya. It would have been more... hyping.

Well, goodbye to Youjo Senki and to Tanya, the most psycho loli of the season. I will sure miss her.
Mar 31, 2017 10:03 AM

Nov 2014
kkusagami said:
Oh, my goddess Tanya Degurechaff !
The last minute of the episode is really touch the Atheist's heart like me.

That video is blocked due to copyright >.<

Is there another place with it cause i'd like a copy of it but i'm about to be busy doing stuff outside so i don't wanna do it myself later lol.
No drop crew, Loyal husband, sadomasochist, H&E bully, AWC fan. Click sig for n00dz!
Mar 31, 2017 10:20 AM

Jan 2014
I had a lot of fun watching this show. 10/10
Mar 31, 2017 10:51 AM

Mar 2012
ArtG1 said:

Humankind in a nutshell.

Those who don't know history are damned to repeat it
~George Santayana (free translation since I only know it in my native language)
Waifus only represent ideals
Mar 31, 2017 10:54 AM
Dec 2015
so the chinese are prob right about the 26 episodes, hopefully we get them all at once and not a split cour

source; http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/03/17/chinese-service-lists-saga-of-tanya-anime-for-26-episodes
Mar 31, 2017 11:00 AM

Mar 2015
Loved Tanya's speech at the end. This last episode is a nice setup for a second season, so I hope we'll get one. Also props to studio NUT, really nice debut.

Overall I really liked this show, one of the better ones this season. 7.5/10
Mar 31, 2017 11:26 AM

Sep 2011
Need a second season really badly. Never got bored with this series and was honestly a surprise to me.

9/10.
Mar 31, 2017 11:30 AM

Jan 2015
Oh c'mon, they can't tease us such like that, showing new characters and etc...

Gimme the second season already!
Mar 31, 2017 11:33 AM

Feb 2011
Watched it, glad I watched it, wished or Season 2, wish for more translation of the LN, wish for more chapters from the manga, but will accept reality.
Mar 31, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2016
Loved the character! good anime, 8/10!
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 31, 2017 11:35 AM

Aug 2014
I really really hope that this is a 2 cour season, like how Bungou Stray Dogs did it.

Seeing as I rate anime based more off of enjoyment instead of individual aspects, I have to give this show a 10. I absolutely loved this show.

Get your shit straight Brenda
Mar 31, 2017 11:36 AM

May 2009
stay great, tanya

Mar 31, 2017 11:42 AM

Jul 2016
Wars (modern ones) are started for national profits which is usually sugarcoated with lofty ideals, though what usually drives the soldiers are the more personal ones, from desire to protect family/comrades from dying, to the thirst for vengence.

And sometimes, wars continued disregarding the initial goals in favor of impulse decision driven by emotions...

This anime nailed it. a 10/10 from me and it's time for me to start reading vol 1-4 LN...

Deus volt/10 for showing Mary Sue as the potential rival for Tanya!!!
Mar 31, 2017 11:46 AM

Mar 2011
What a great series, I loved it, I'm glad I decided to watch it without minding the artstyle, in the end I grew up with it and I got used to it, pretty much, I like it.
Great OST and VA, Aoi Yuuki really did great.
I'm waiting for S2, c'mon Being X, give us another season
Mar 31, 2017 11:56 AM

Dec 2014
Tanyas facial expressions at the end. ded

Mar 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Jul 2012
Gotta love Tanya's speech about how hatred and other strong emotions can make humans go to greath lenghts. So true.
I mean, why not listen the absurdly talented crazy loli who was right most of the time, huh. Yeah, it is radical to exterminate every single threat, but now they joined forces to kill their enemy in common D:
Aaaaand Tanya bringing back the crazy Higurashi faces lol
Hope there is a season 2, enjoyed this show more than I expected *-*

Mar 31, 2017 12:05 PM
elk sensei

Oct 2013
It was a solid episode that showed a lot of information, as well as a major lead up to a second season. There was Mary, there was Tanya's affirmation that she won't bow to Being X, and most importantly, she got her confidence and swagger back by the end of the episode.

It's now only the 3rd anime TV series I've ever rated a 10 (excluding OVAs & movies).
Mar 31, 2017 12:14 PM
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Well then, Tanya probably fucked up. I don't see her battalion getting out of this in one piece.

Can not even fault Mary for further believing in god after what happened to her dad. Really intense setup with potential for a good ''who should we root for'' story in a possible S2.

7/10, i'm not into military anime at all but the second half stepped it up and it was almost enough for an 8/10.

Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

175 by Phixiately »»
11 hours ago

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

186 by Phixiately »»
Yesterday, 8:48 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 10, 2017

141 by Phixiately »»
Apr 15, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 13, 2017

312 by Phixiately »»
Apr 10, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Youjo Senki Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 6, 2017

447 by Phixiately »»
Apr 8, 9:09 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.