Forum Settings
Forums

POLL: What is your most hated Gundam series?

New
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
May 27, 2023 8:20 PM

Aug 2016
What can I say, I despise the Gundam franchise. A couple of months ago I would have said Zeta, but Char´s counterattack takes the cake. It´s also one of the worst anime movie I have watched.
:v
May 27, 2023 8:25 PM

Nov 2014
G-Reco from that list, I was so excited for that then couldn't believe what I was watching. When the Gundam became a toilet I had enough and dropped it which was unheard of not completing a Gundam series.

Not sure why you don't have the current filth Witch from Mercury on the list that show was abysmal from what I suffered through.
May 27, 2023 8:48 PM

Dec 2012
Definitely Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2.  I love the first season, but season 2 was a huge trainwreck and went in a direction I really didn't like.

Reconquista in G was also seriously boring I couldn't finish it.

*grabs a shotgun to put this zombie thread down*
KruszerMay 27, 2023 8:54 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

May 28, 2023 7:01 AM

Mar 2012
The only Gundam I've watched is The Witch From Mercury and I hate that woke garbage that forces a girl to marry the winner of a duel and allows students' to sabotage other students' exams without any consequences, Miorine just has everything conveniently fall into her lap without doing anything and making Suletta fight all her battles is another part I hate, Suletta getting all hyped about a fake engagement makes me want to punch her face. The sudden twist at the end of S1 again had no consequences and everything was mostly back to normal in S2, what a waste of potential! The entire thing would have been so much better if Guel was the MC since he's the only character who gets any worthwhile development.
May 28, 2023 7:52 AM

Mar 2012
Pampop said:
Maou_heika said:
The only Gundam I've watched is The Witch From Mercury and I hate that woke garbage that forces a girl to marry the winner of a duel and allows students' to sabotage other students' exams without any consequences, Miorine just has everything conveniently fall into her lap without doing anything and making Suletta fight all her battles is another part I hate, Suletta getting all hyped about a fake engagement makes me want to punch her face. The sudden twist at the end of S1 again had no consequences and everything was mostly back to normal in S2, what a waste of potential! The entire thing would have been so much better if Guel was the MC since he's the only character who gets any worthwhile development.

Woke is such an inane buzzword at this point people use it for  everything they dislike, even though the situation got nothing to do with it.
In ep 1 Miorine called Suletta a conservative because she questioned being engaged to a girl and the anime tries to force an engagement between girls because that's pRoGreSsIve according to Miorine even if it's forced so yes it's woke garbage.
May 28, 2023 8:22 AM

Dec 2020
Either AGE, Seed Destiny or Build Fighters Try for me. Mainly because I hate the protagonist in those 3 shows. But if I have to choose one then I'll to with AGE since that show also got the Char's clone which I hate the most (Zeheart).
May 28, 2023 8:38 AM

Oct 2010
yuri from mercury is bad but can't be worse than twilight axis
May 28, 2023 12:50 PM

Aug 2020
I voted Wing until i saw Char's Counterattack.
DigimonSommelier said:
No one should say Wing was the worst. It's the most celebrated one in the west and the only Gundam series whose central characters are the best, so why disagree? It's a non-issue. All of them pale in comparison to Wing!
nah more like reverse.
May 28, 2023 1:08 PM
Apr 2022
Kruszer said:
Definitely Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans Season 2.  I love the first season, but season 2 was a huge trainwreck and went in a direction I really didn't like.

Reconquista in G was also seriously boring I couldn't finish it.

*grabs a shotgun to put this zombie thread down*
IBO pretty much failed as a series as whole since even the die hards cannot name a single suit outside the barbados (most was ripped off Muv Luv). They forced so many deaths at the end since they wasted so much time throughout the series, and pretty much killed anything you would love about the cast. People are high to even like the ending since it is far worse than AOT's. How can ibo fans like a show that treated its own cast like trash? people complain victory gundam is brutal. IBO killed off its entire main cast. Imagine if Levi from AOT got killed taking a shit in toilet by some guy shooting him. That is how they killed off characters in that show. People complaing about harem anime, when ibo has actual polygamy with Mikazuki and Naze having multiple wives

Maou_heika said:

Guel's definitely the best WfM character and probably should have been the MC. def better than Mikazuki. Might like him better than Kira. Suletta I feel they just made her for the guys the drool over. The Yuri was cringe in season 1 and that kind of made season 1 bad, but season 2 is good. It is less woke than Magi Revo (at least they should have the made the lolis better for straight guys to fap to) and Lycoris Recoil (basically the woman king). G-Witch is definitely better than those. I thought it was bad at season 1 but really good as season 2.

Heswee said:
Either AGE, Seed Destiny or Build Fighters Try for me. Mainly because I hate the protagonist in those 3 shows. But if I have to choose one then I'll to with AGE since that show also got the Char's clone which I hate the most (Zeheart).

Seed destiny's protagonist is pretty much Durandal's mad dog who rages over everything. Kind of the Mountain from Game of Thrones. But the show is a solid political gripping war drama, that definitely fleshes out racism issues and is very relevant today. Durandal is a goat villain.

DEMSpiritMay 28, 2023 1:21 PM
May 28, 2023 1:13 PM
Apr 2022
TRC_Randy said:
DigimonSommelier said:
No one should say Wing was the worst. It's the most celebrated one in the west and the only Gundam series whose central characters are the best, so why disagree? It's a non-issue. All of them pale in comparison to Wing!
nah more like reverse.
I swear Wing just gets hate cuz it is an older successful series and newer fans, notably IBO, need to one up themselves by bashing the older ones. R/gundam is pretty much an ibo elitist circle jerk, thanks to voting system
May 28, 2023 1:15 PM
Apr 2022
MichaelJackson said:
What can I say, I despise the Gundam franchise. A couple of months ago I would have said Zeta, but Char´s counterattack takes the cake. It´s also one of the worst anime movie I have watched.
takes a lot of balls to say Zeta is the worst gundam show
May 28, 2023 1:34 PM

Jan 2017
X used to be least favorite.
Suisei no Majo is making a run for worst.
May 28, 2023 3:50 PM

Feb 2016
DEMSpirit said:
I swear Wing just gets hate cuz it is an older successful series and newer fans, notably IBO, need to one up themselves by bashing the older ones.
No, the hate for Wing comes from something called "hype backlash." Other 90s AU get less hate because nobody bothers to watch them.

DEMSpirit said:
IBO pretty much failed as a series as whole since even the die hards cannot name a single suit outside the barbados (most was ripped off Muv Luv).
I can't name the suits in any Gundam anime. Does that mean they all fail?

DEMSpirit said:
takes a lot of balls to say Zeta is the worst gundam show
Zeta is the worst UC series Tomino has ever directed.
その目だれの目?
May 28, 2023 4:11 PM

Nov 2011
CCA needs more hate lol.
I got into Gundam later (but who isn't lol), and I can't believe that the main story of Gundam ended with that distasteful movie. It has great visual and mobile suit designs, but the rest of aspect are so bad.
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
May 28, 2023 4:24 PM

Feb 2016
Jim_Heart said:
I can't believe that the main story of Gundam ended with that distasteful movie.
I would say the main story ended in 1980. Everything after that has been extra.
その目だれの目?
May 28, 2023 4:39 PM
Ero Ojisan

Jun 2019
For me its Seed Destiny because it was a waste of time and it shouldn't been make. It was an obvious cash grab on Seed's popularity just to sell more gunpla kits.
May 28, 2023 4:39 PM

Aug 2020
DEMSpirit said:
TRC_Randy said:
nah more like reverse.
I swear Wing just gets hate cuz it is an older successful series and newer fans, notably IBO, need to one up themselves by bashing the older ones. R/gundam is pretty much an ibo elitist circle jerk, thanks to voting system
nah i just thought Wing was just a bad show. IBO wasn't very good either.
May 28, 2023 4:41 PM
Apr 2022
Lucifrost said:
I can't name the suits in any Gundam anime. Does that mean they all fail?
most people remember the suits from 79/zeta/cca/seed/destiny/wing maybe 00 but they cannot remember other suit from that. That is because Kunio Okawara heavily designed them and he is goat or Hajime Katoki. 
Also they gave them easy to remember names, good colors, angelic designs.

Lucifrost said:
Zeta is the worst UC series Tomino has ever directed.
Well Tomino directed ZZ, Victory, F91, G Reco that kind of all failed. The show is hard to get through today as a newcomer but it has too many iconic moments from the franchise as a whole. Like Hong Kong City, Kilimanjaro, the Titans/Axis fight, Rosamy Biden. It does however suffer from more filler. Episode 7-10, 26-29, 35-37, 41-42 got cut from the compilation movies. But I do think 35-37 and 41-42 need to be watched if you just decided to watch the compilation movies (probably recommended in this day and age since 80s animation did not age well). Since the movies omit what happened to four and rosamy for sake of time.
So it is hard to hear people say it is the worse since it heavily inspired many gundam shows after it. I would recommend the zeta compilation movies over the series since the new animation makes worlds of difference. Whereas the MSG movies impede the experience since the animation upgrade is almost none and it cut out too much.

Jim_Heart said:
CCA needs more hate lol.
I got into Gundam later (but who isn't lol), and I can't believe that the main story of Gundam ended with that distasteful movie.
For the most part it kind of pretends Z/ZZ never happened and just builds off MSG since most people in Japan watched the trilogy of movies. SO a lot of people that skipped Z/ZZ and barely had confusion with it. It makes no sense how Destiny is overly hated when it largely mimiced CCA's ending but added a lot more stakes and themes to it.

Lucifrost said:
I would say the main story ended in 1980. Everything after that has been extra.
Considering that CCA heavily mimiked MSG which originally planned to kill off Amuro and maybe char, you can argue that. Unicorn was definitely just an well animated orgy of nostalgia which is why no one likes Narrative.
DEMSpiritMay 28, 2023 4:45 PM
May 28, 2023 4:56 PM
Apr 2022
TRC_Randy said:
nah i just thought Wing was just a bad show. IBO wasn't very good either.
I do kind of admit the show got saved by Katoki's designs. The plot and lore of wing just isn't that interesting neither is character drama. Endless Waltz was a good movie tho. This poll is not a good measure of quality since it is just sub fandoms hating on other popular gundam shows. IBO had better animation but the story, mechs, characters are ass so it flopped.
Victory is the probably the most unwatchable show from everything I have seen since it is very ugly but progression wise it is actually okay and some memorable moments. Still going through after war and turn a. After war i like. Turn a I don't but seeing naked women and their nipples turn me on so I give that a pass.
DEMSpiritMay 28, 2023 5:03 PM
May 28, 2023 6:42 PM
Jan 2018
The king of L's is Build Divers. No show is worse than show. All it had to was a be a decent shonen anime. It couldn't even pull that off. Honestly, Build Divers would have been better if the story made no sense like G reco. 

Other than that most Gundam properties that aren't great are a casualty of meddling from higher ups/a cursed fate.

And SD Gundam Force is a toy show for children. It doesn't deserve the hate it's getting on here.

I don't understand the concept of hating a Gundam show. Even Build Divers let us look for Patrick.
May 28, 2023 8:36 PM

Sep 2020
SEED is the most cringy one from that list
May 28, 2023 9:53 PM

Mar 2021
I haven't seen the whole series, but of the ones I have seen, I don't like SEED Destiny

I watched it and got annoyed with the main character.

May 29, 2023 4:45 AM

May 2018
Probably that recent lesbian CGDCT bait show. I didn't watch it (and I don't think I will), but I've seen a few scenes and screenshots here and there, and heard what people say, so that makes me guess that show is something really terrible.

May 29, 2023 5:06 AM
Dec 2018
I haven't finished Seed yet and I didn't watch many of others most people consider the worst like G-Reco and Age yet, but out of all Gundam i've seen until now Wing is by far the worst one
May 30, 2023 3:23 AM

Mar 2021
RomanceEnjoyer48 said:
SEED is the most cringy one from that list

Seed/destiny is the most realistic gritty one. This makes it a solid political drama and war epic. In real life, wars are more or less because of racism. But it is less fascist than aot.
May 30, 2023 3:37 AM
Feb 2021
Gundam Seed Destiny. I liked Gundam Seed well enough, but Destiny ruined most of the Characters and was full of plotholes.
May 30, 2023 4:32 AM
Jun 2021
G-Witch is really close to the bottom as is. It's just not a good show.
Hot Blood saves lives.
May 30, 2023 5:26 AM

Feb 2018
MFDOOMED said:
I don't understand the concept of hating a Gundam show. Even Build Divers let us look for Patrick.

Plus, BUILD FIGHTERS/DIVERS gave us this Sweetie-Pie

Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Dumb narcissistic perverts is supposed to be funny?

Ri-KoRin - 3 hours ago

18 by Zarutaku »»
2 minutes ago

» Anime you liked more on second viewing

JoeChip - 2 hours ago

10 by SaiteiDaOrette »»
15 minutes ago

» What device(s) do you watch anime content on? ( 1 2 )

DesuMaiden - May 18

82 by chocomayu »»
18 minutes ago

» Lifespan of an Anime fan?

Ex-Aid - 3 hours ago

19 by Nurguburu »»
38 minutes ago

» Best bald guy?

Serafos - May 19

23 by Anjuro »»
41 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.