Forum Settings
Forums

Is Kizuna ai (youtuber from ai channel) an actual AI

New
Kizuna ai an actual artificial intelligence or not
Mar 27, 2017 3:52 AM

Apr 2016
well is she? I recently found her channel and cannot tell whether or not she is an actual AI. I know that she is voiced by someone in Japan but I do not know who created her if she was created or if she is actual an artificial intelligent program instead of some human creating the lines and the jokes that she has. If she is or not can you please give reasons and links to your sources.

her channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4YaOt1yT-ZeyB0OmxHgolA
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 6:25 AM

Feb 2015
There was already a topic on this a month or two ago. From what I saw, there seemed little real AI to be going on, but what do I know. There's surprisingly little information to find regarding the technical details of this so-called AI, so I'm going to remain sceptical until they can prove it's an actual AI doing all the work.
Mar 27, 2017 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
I still need to see this YouTuber xD because oh my god she's popular around... everywhere, to say the least, and I'm seeing screenshots of her everywhere.

OT: I think some people said that she is an actual AI xD
Mar 27, 2017 7:14 AM
Apr 2013

WTH IS THIS SHIT
Mar 27, 2017 12:32 PM

Mar 2014
From my understanding, Kizuna Ai more or less just takes on the persona of being an A.I. She's just too human to be an A.I. from what's i've seen in her videos. It's like a lot of other youtubers taking on a different persona for their content, Kizuna just has the unique concept of being a virtual girl making content on youtube.
Mar 27, 2017 2:12 PM

Apr 2016
I have been doing some digging around her channel and came across a series of interviews in which she answers questions from a VR company. In the end it does seem that she is fully automated and a full fledged AI from her responses. I wonder how they managed to programme a AI with such a degree of emotional intelligence.

here are the interview videos:(enable subtitles)
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 4:59 PM

Jan 2015
I don't know. Im skeptical, but, if it is, then my God am I excited because I may just see virtual waifus before I die.
the40ftbadger said:
i have palpable amounts of salt for FO4.
It's like a clown put on my dead dad's clothes and is running around my house going "LOOK I'M YOUR DAD, ISN'T THIS FUN?!?!"

Mar 27, 2017 5:53 PM

Sep 2014
Lol Nah, Japan might be a technological powerhouse, but you still need a lot of computing power to house an AI. If they did make an AI, Japan surely fucked it up by making her a weeb.
Mar 27, 2017 5:56 PM

Jan 2008
I'm inclined to believe she's just a voice over of MMD, you can find her MMD model pretty easily and ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) content if you look hard enough.

But hey, if she is a real AI, then cool too.
May 3, 2017 9:34 AM
Jul 2014
Kizuna Ai is a character, and being an AI is just a joke.
No A.I can speak Japanese like that, and no male with a voice changer can sound like her. It's a voice-actress with motion capture which renders her into the anime character that they made, I'm 100% sure.
Jun 18, 2017 3:07 PM
Dec 2015
Kenna_Pyralis said:
I have been doing some digging around her channel and came across a series of interviews in which she answers questions from a VR company. In the end it does seem that she is fully automated and a full fledged AI from her responses. I wonder how they managed to programme a AI with such a degree of emotional intelligence.

You're kidding right? There's no way you really believe she's an AI.
Jun 28, 2017 5:04 AM
Sep 2016
One: Kizuna Ai was modeled by TDA. One of the developers of Project Diva
Two: We have technologies to do that. One of it is Facerig possibly Kizuna Ai is just a improved version of it.
Three. What is the point of AI's existing on that site? Bend all peoples will? Get attention? No she is just there to entertain and suck money.
Four. Making a self-learning AI go in Youtube. May one day destroy internet and electronic devices sooner or later.
What to put on signatures?? Well..YES!! Some epic and cool quotes or perhaps some cool pictures. That's it!
Jul 21, 2017 3:29 PM
Jun 2017
Seeing as how she can do real time interaction (video below) I think it is a cartoon animated by an actress using motion capture. BTW, there are no subtitles in linked video. Can native speakers say something about the quality of the interaction?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sotd7_PI1gI
Jul 22, 2017 4:09 AM
Nov 2016
AI isn't that advanced yet lol

Aug 12, 2017 9:08 PM

Sep 2014
MOCAP voice actress (Think RWBY). Damn good one too. Fun to watch. I'd love to see Reina Skully and Steven Suptic get involved and have a special video with this persona cause DAMN that would be hilarious.
Aug 17, 2017 7:00 AM
Aug 2015
Uh guys...she obviously ISN'T an actual AI. The voice alone which doesn't sound anything like a virtual voice (for example Talkaloid) should be proof enough. I'm not completely sure how she works; Theres either a whole company behind her or just a few persons; one being the actual personality and just doing the videos, then getting someone to animate the model in some way. I guess it's the second one since she just genuinely seems like a normal blogger. Who instead of showing her face sells with the whole virtual YouTuber stuff.
Aug 17, 2017 8:08 AM

Jul 2016
She's more likely to be a guy than an AI.
Jan 3, 2018 8:19 AM
Mar 2014
If she really is an AI, why can't she speak English fluently?
Jan 3, 2018 9:13 AM

Apr 2012
She acts too much like an actual human to be an AI. My guess is she's just some woman that's paid to play video games and have fun on the internet. Talk about a dream job.
Jan 3, 2018 9:54 AM

Aug 2015
She's an animated character who is supposed to represent an A.I. So, basically she's a fake A.I with a real Japanese voice actor. This may be disappointing to you, but her videos are extremely cute and funny.
Jan 5, 2018 6:22 AM

Nov 2015
No way. Ai technology is far far in the future, I believe like the mostly everyone else that there is a small development time behind kizuna.
Jan 31, 2018 1:36 PM

May 2012
As many said, we're still really far from this level.

Currently human-mimicing "A.I."s are barely passing the Turing-test with typed communication, not even spoken.
Her voice is more dynamic and emotional than even mine, she uses many intonation of the same words; definetly a semi-pro/pro voice actor. Even this can't be accomplised atm with AI (look at Siri or Alexa), and we haven't even touched the matter of sentence construcion.
And dont forget that Siri is no AI, just a freakin huge and sophisticated dicionary.

And the facts:
The movies are created with MMD, which has a built-in support for Kinect for full-body motion capture. MMD captures can and should be adjusted by hand, especially facial animation(kinect can do this too party, but handmade is better) No big deal, no need to draw, just call the right methods, there is an engine for that. Once they're done they can even be reused later.

Sorry to ruin it but not a single bit of AI is under the hood :)

But still, it's really convincing for the brain, it's really humanlike, since everithing in her is human except the visual. Interesing experience to watch.
bart_jJan 31, 2018 1:41 PM
Jan 31, 2018 10:02 PM

Mar 2009
She's not an ""AI"", you monster! She's the greatest treasure that all of us must protect.
Feb 1, 2018 8:53 PM
Feb 2018
This is a video about how advanced artificial intelligence is today

https://youtu.be/IJKjMIU55pE

Im not assuming she is real but i totally agree that she could
Feb 2, 2018 3:21 PM

May 2012
Gustavo_Watari said:

This video is just an advertisement.

There is a simple and economic way to create 3d animation and voiceover it. And there is some magic stuff you dont understand but want to believe because omg how cool it would be. No magic, sorry. But she's still freakin cool tho.

Or lemme say it otherwise.
https://learnmmd.com/http:/learnmmd.com/set-up-kinect-360-mmd/
Start up your own onw A.I. channel.
Or do it with a KiLA framework. You can even choose. And do it by yourself, not too much work.

Meanwhile AIs are working hard on telling the difference between a carrot and a sausage and trying to find a way out of 2d labirynths and playing GO.
The last one is actually amazing. It's not Superhot with VR set, and not Panora, WorldOfWarships, QuickDraw, BioHazard, Inside, Pokemon, VainGlory, Bokete, LittleNightmares, PUBG, FinalFantasy that she plays, just GO.

At the end of '17 it was a sansation that an actual AI could beat a GO player. Too bad the scientists behind that didnt know that 7 months earlier we already had a general purpose AI who can pretty much play all the games presented to her, has more interesting pesonality than me, and can even sing, joke, express irony and even say say "F*CK YOU".
Dummy programmers..they should've gone to youtube or ask some weebs how its done :D

Mar 15, 2018 7:44 AM
Oct 2017
for now i dont know. you never know if Japan is so advanced that they keep the tech out of public and it does exist but yeah that seems to sci-fi. but for one thing, what about Hatsune Miku, and her voice, it sounds human enough because they got a singer to record for the vocaloid program. Kizuna A.I. being designed by the people behind Hatsune Miku, could answer the question how she speaks like a real person. im no genius, but her being a real A.I. could totally be real, but it can also be fake. only way to find out is to ask or join the cult behind the scenes infiltrate the japan government and find answers,
Mar 15, 2018 9:23 AM

Jan 2018
Definitely not an A.I. Although, she has a good personality and sort of able to make the waifu fantasy closer to reality.
Mar 15, 2018 9:59 AM

Jul 2017
Ai-chan is definitely an AI (Artificial Idiot).
Mar 15, 2018 10:57 AM

Aug 2016
Not an AI 100%, but the possibility of the voice actor of Kizuna being a man using a voice changer scares me. So let's just stick with her being an AI.

バカ
I'm not smart, I just wear glasses
"Anime is just Japanese Cartoons, Cartoons are just Western Anime"
☁ н є ѕ ι т α т ι σ и ☁
Mar 16, 2018 7:15 PM

Jul 2017
Cutieply said:
nbyung09 said:
Ai-chan is definitely an AI (Artificial Idiot).

This.

No but sorry to burst the bubble for you kids but you're not getting an AI waifu anytime soon. She's a character written and voiced by a real person, just like any of your 2D waifus.

Of course I know, you must be fun at party :3
Mar 16, 2018 7:17 PM

Jan 2009
the technology is not here yet for strong AI

we only have weak AI at the moment and that Kizuna AI does not act like a weak AI so there is definitely some human puppeteer behind the scenes
Mar 16, 2018 7:41 PM

Jul 2017
Cutieply said:
nbyung09 said:

Of course I know, you must be fun at party :3

Yo don't take it personal, that second part wasn't directed at you. I just quoted (and referenced) to your post because I found the Artificial Idiot hilarious. Read twice before you feel insulted friend.

Sorry for that, I thought you didn't get the joke and turned up at me, my bad.

Maybe next time you can put your answer before the quote, or note that you are answering the OP, situation like this is pretty awkward.
Mar 16, 2018 8:54 PM

Dec 2014
Ai = love so yeah, Kizuna Ai is an actual AI(LOVE)<3
Mar 17, 2018 8:16 AM
May 2016
SERIOUS ANSWER
I'm fairly sure she's animated by a studio and the voice actor records the voice with that anime girl face motion capture program thing.

JOKE ANSWER
Kizuna Ai is love. Kizuna Ai is life.
Mar 17, 2018 8:18 AM

Sep 2017
kizuna ai is an anime just like rwby
Edward Elric > your waifu

May 6, 2018 11:35 AM
Mar 2018
She's probably a person using motion sensors but there is a chance it's all pre-recorded and programmed to do things according to the environment.
May 10, 2019 8:20 AM
May 2019
Have her do the Winograd Schema test. If she fails she's an AI. If she passes..... She's a very sophisticated AI😂
May 10, 2019 11:07 AM
May 2019
Kenna_Pyralis said:

Why can't I see the videos?
May 10, 2019 2:53 PM
May 2019
bart_j said:
Gustavo_Watari said:

This video is just an advertisement.

There is a simple and economic way to create 3d animation and voiceover it. And there is some magic stuff you dont understand but want to believe because omg how cool it would be. No magic, sorry. But she's still freakin cool tho.

Or lemme say it otherwise.
https://learnmmd.com/http:/learnmmd.com/set-up-kinect-360-mmd/
Start up your own onw A.I. channel.
Or do it with a KiLA framework. You can even choose. And do it by yourself, not too much work.

Meanwhile AIs are working hard on telling the difference between a carrot and a sausage and trying to find a way out of 2d labirynths and playing GO.
The last one is actually amazing. It's not Superhot with VR set, and not Panora, WorldOfWarships, QuickDraw, BioHazard, Inside, Pokemon, VainGlory, Bokete, LittleNightmares, PUBG, FinalFantasy that she plays, just GO.

At the end of '17 it was a sansation that an actual AI could beat a GO player. Too bad the scientists behind that didnt know that 7 months earlier we already had a general purpose AI who can pretty much play all the games presented to her, has more interesting pesonality than me, and can even sing, joke, express irony and even say say "F*CK YOU".
Dummy programmers..they should've gone to youtube or ask some weebs how its done :D

GO is a complex game and we have plenty of AI that play video games flawlessly, I'd be more inclined to believe she's human by her "lack" of playing ability. But it all depends on her programming, we keep making breakthroughs in NLP and IBM even said in a mere 3 to 5 years we may be talking to AI as we would normal people. The "personality" could be learned behavior based on simply communicating with her in basic terms. It's ironic how people are unaware of the variety of AI studies there are and that we aren't just going for AGI with undeniable consciousness. Philosophical question time. What is the difference between a conscious AI and one that isn't,but can fool you into believing it is?
May 12, 2019 3:59 AM

Jun 2016
Going with a hard no.
May 12, 2019 7:52 AM

Dec 2013
Lol, she's not. She is just a seiyuu whose motions have been captured and transferred to Live2D. The software has a free version, so you can try it out yourself if you want.
May 12, 2019 9:00 AM

Oct 2018
lol, it's not. I even know how it works and somehow I also know what software she used. in fact the person behind that character could be a male or an old man or even a kid. This is 2019, it's modern age. anything is almost possible right now with the technology we had.
May 22, 2019 4:40 PM

Apr 2016
Yes OP, to answer your question we as human species have perfected the technology to mimic our own brain function to the point of it actually creates an entirely different set of human being. I know this secret might be shocking to you but it's the truth.
May 26, 2019 2:13 PM
Jul 2018
people actually believe this is an AI ? really ?

i'm actually quite dissapointed in my fellow humans to know that people are that gullible.

More topics from this board

» What was the last song you listened to? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Death - Oct 1, 2020

3418 by DandelionCat »»
4 minutes ago

» Post reccommeded song based on above song

tsukareru - 4 hours ago

1 by Theo1899 »»
3 hours ago

» Currently listening to ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

tsukareru - Mar 29, 2021

7654 by Maumuu »»
6 hours ago

» what's your favourite artist and/or band of all time?

brainburger - Apr 28

21 by pludel2 »»
9 hours ago

» What album have you listened to the most this year?

MeanMrMusician - Mar 9

22 by KitsuFrost »»
Yesterday, 4:18 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.