Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Feb 17, 2010 4:52 AM

Mar 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
At last, the Blackbeard pirates and their infamous leader have arrived! I found this not so big a surprise as Ace's death, since most of us readers were just waiting for them to pop up at any moment, yet I'm glad they showed up. I sense WB's life won't last long after this (Akainu blowing up half his face didn't help much either).

Also, it seems to me there are some new faces among the BB crew. The old woman is pretty funny xD

As for Luffy, I expect we will see him mourn Ace for quite a while. I would not be surprised if, after the last chapter, his role in this arc has been fulfilled (at least as a fighter). Although, a suddenly outburst is very likely of him as well. We will have to wait and see.
Feb 17, 2010 7:17 AM

Dec 2007
whitebeard certainly prove himself worthy. This shows even akainu isnt a match.. and finally BLACK BEARD! epic appearance.
Feb 17, 2010 10:54 AM

May 2008
ooh
looks like the blackbeard pirates some new crew members
including the strongest female pirate, Catarina Devon and a colossal giant bigger than even Oars and Oars Jr., San Juan Wolf
the blackbeard pirates are moving up in the world
there look way stronger than the Strawhats now
dragafireFeb 17, 2010 11:02 AM

Feb 17, 2010 1:00 PM

Jan 2008
That's it?! After a week long wait of the ridiculousness that happened last week, that's all we get for a chapter? What? No! More, now!

And I think Luffy's more than just a little mentally broken. Good thing Jimbei's there.

I did like it when they said that Ace's will was Luffy alive.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.
Feb 17, 2010 1:26 PM

Apr 2009
OMGWTF i totally wasnt expecting that o_O

i though Shanks will appear or Dragon ..

damn their appearance was Epic)
Feb 17, 2010 1:37 PM

Jul 2006
It is impossible to predict this series now. Impossible.

I wouldn't be surprised if friggin Dragon and the revolutionaries show up now to finish off the Marines.

Of course.... after the whole Blackbeard thing is over. Epic is all I gotta say, and we also get to see some of the(assuming) legendary level 6 pirates!

Feb 17, 2010 1:59 PM

Aug 2008
where you guys seen this new chapter?
Feb 17, 2010 2:00 PM

Aug 2009
kevin_video said:
That's it?! After a week long wait of the ridiculousness that happened last week, that's all we get for a chapter? What? No! More, now!

This!!

Damn, Luffy is.. Shattered, broken, lost!! This looks so so bad... I feel for him, I can sympathize only, but that is enough pain already.. What a tragedy!!!!

Blackbeard looks as terrible as ever, damn him!!! His crew is horrible, complete beasts.

Oh man... I didn't think fondly of WB, I didn't see why Ace loved him so much, what kind of man was he to be called "Pops"... But today he changed me. Such a rage to split an island, although already half-way to death... All respect goes to WB! He owns this chapter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Feb 17, 2010 2:01 PM

Aug 2009
Arhang, check it out here:

http://mangastream.com/read/one_piece/575-55/1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the General Forum Guidelines!

Feb 17, 2010 2:03 PM

May 2006
Woah, the way Whitebeard got half his face blown off was pretty gruesome for One Piece. Now I guess everyone will have to escape while Whitebeard holds off the Marines and Blackbeard. I foresee the next few chapters being very depressing :C

Feb 17, 2010 2:05 PM

Jan 2010
Anyone got any idea who the new BB pirate is, that is neither dressed in inmate clothes or has been mentioned(as far as I know)?
Feb 17, 2010 2:06 PM

May 2007
Why people want to see an end to this arc is beyond me. This just keeps getting better and better.

Anyway, as epic and awesome as Blackbeard's appearance is, I don't expect him to do much (then again, when am I ever right?). I just see him just announcing himself to the world in this arc. And man, BB's crew seems to have grown since ID. He's got himself a giant? Wtf.

But man....Luffy. Completely broken. Mind, body and soul. Oda has definitely brought his character to the depths of hell the past few arcs.

Good stuff, good stuff.
Feb 17, 2010 2:10 PM

May 2009
dragafire said:
ooh
looks like the blackbeard pirates some new crew members
including the strongest female pirate, Catarina Devon and a colossal giant bigger than even Oars and Oars Jr., San Juan Wolf
the blackbeard pirates are moving up in the world
there look way stronger than the Strawhats now

there you go someone has already told us that:D

really this manga became unpredictible... it's getting more and more awesome after every episode!!
Feb 17, 2010 2:11 PM

Apr 2009
vindemon64 said:
He's got himself a giant? Wtf.

l

every pirate crew has a giant..
its natural.. there has to be giant fights..
Feb 17, 2010 2:12 PM

Jun 2007
Damn..... DAMN!

I love this crazy shit!
Feb 17, 2010 2:29 PM

Aug 2007
alright. now i expect a few more crazy fights and appearances. this should be getting to the close. seeing that ace is dead. I give it till april. But I wanna see where this goes. each chapter is a new twist.
Feb 17, 2010 2:31 PM

Jan 2010
Wow, Whitebeard has lost half his face and he stil won't go down.
He's living up to his reputation.
Wonder what Blackbeards plan is after Whitebeard dies.
Feb 17, 2010 2:35 PM

Nov 2009
wat a weird chapter. i wanna see the whitebeard-marine war arc end already!
Feb 17, 2010 2:49 PM

Apr 2009
gmgkng said:
wat a weird chapter. i wanna see the whitebeard-marine war arc end already!

troll failure

Berserker500 said:

Wonder what Blackbeards plan is after Whitebeard dies.

Pirate King.
kill strawhat)
Feb 17, 2010 3:55 PM

Jul 2008
blackbeard is back, and it looks like hes doubled his crew since we last saw him
the only way to stop a gamer from playing is either: beat them, or wait until they get bored (though 2% percent suffer seizures
Feb 17, 2010 3:58 PM

May 2007
WB's performance in this chapter was beyond awesome. Overpowering Akainu, destroying Marine HQ, splitting the island in left, and all that with half a face... if this guy is history's #2, I can't even imagine what Roger was like.

However, the high point of the chapter was finally learning the name of Hancock's snake: Salome! Now that's an amazing name xD
Feb 17, 2010 4:09 PM

Aug 2009
Only 11 pages. Oh well. Finally Blackbeard arrives.
Feb 17, 2010 4:17 PM
Jun 2007
Bah, Blackbeard's entrance could have been scripted better--his reunion with Luffy in Impel Down by stomping on Magellan is one of the more awesome moments in the series--like if he wiped-out a bajillion marines and pirates with his DF ability. Appearing from behind with more of his crew members just isn't the perfect statement to make.
Feb 17, 2010 4:21 PM

Sep 2007
BLACKBEARDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!
nice chapter but I'm kinda tired of this part by now.
Feb 17, 2010 4:33 PM

Feb 2008
blackbeard just recruited a bunch of level 6 impel down criminals. luffy better get a couple of shichibukai's in his crew :|
Feb 17, 2010 4:49 PM

Apr 2008
WB was pretty epic, as usual. Wasn't expecting that at the end. And ofc a break next week. =(
Feb 17, 2010 4:51 PM

Mar 2009
Justice_D_Gundam said:

I wouldn't be surprised if friggin Dragon and the revolutionaries show up now to finish off the Marines.

^This. I've been waiting to see Dragon show up since the beginning of this battle. Shanks would be pretty cool, also.

Blackbeard. Wow! Did not expect that!
Feb 17, 2010 5:11 PM

Feb 2008
Grimmm said:
WB was pretty epic, as usual. Wasn't expecting that at the end. And ofc a break next week. =(

break? nooooooooooooooo

I doubt Shanks would show up though, too occupied with Kaidou, I could see Dragon showing up though for one, because everything's a shitstorm right now, and two, there's quite a number of Revolutionaries in this war right now with connections to Dragon.
Feb 17, 2010 7:15 PM
Sep 2007
It seems no one noticed Sanji and Usopp being reunited.

Wonder when will others Strawhats appear.
Feb 17, 2010 7:28 PM

Feb 2008
thats just the front chapter art, fairly certain its not part of a mini-arc either
Feb 17, 2010 8:02 PM

May 2008
Psajdak said:
It seems no one noticed Sanji and Usopp being reunited.

Wonder when will others Strawhats appear.

I noticed!
I thought maybe were back in alabasta
but then I quickly realized that was very unlikely
because they would some how have to have gotten back on they're old route

Feb 17, 2010 8:42 PM

Apr 2007
WHAT IS THIS I DON'T EVEN
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Feb 17, 2010 9:05 PM
Sep 2007
Wow wtf epic chapter BlackBeard as five fucking new crew members and they all look so awesome. Dam he planed everything prefect, dam that Blackbeard. So blackbeard as 10 crewmates now, and luffy 9 so I'm guessing we won't see this battle to after he gets his 10th.
KamapuaaFeb 17, 2010 9:17 PM
Hi
Feb 17, 2010 9:53 PM

Aug 2009
Well my guilty pleasure of the week was definitely seeing Akainu getting pwned by Whitebeard like that.
amandaa23Feb 17, 2010 10:00 PM

Signature made by PresSiT. (:
Feb 17, 2010 11:11 PM

Sep 2009
Apparently Oda is saving Dragon for an ultra epic moment that will change the definition of epic forever lol.
Dunno why people want this arc to end. Persoally, I WANT MORE. Although I know it will be tragic, RIP Portgas D. Ace :''(
Feb 17, 2010 11:30 PM
Jul 2018
Nice chapter. WB really went Berserk there. This is much much better than Luffy going in rage and randomly destroying the stuff.

The only reasons I think BB is there for can be:

1. To announce his name to the World, as in the replacement of WB (of course after doing that he'll make a run for it to the New World)

2. May be to kill WB himself (doesn't look like that he'll charge in, may be WB himself will rush towards him and perhaps that is what BB wants)

Either way his days as a Shichibukai are over. He has recruited 5 new guys in his crew (4 of which are legendary prisoners, the 3 mentioned by Iva plus Shiryuu).

How deep is Shanks' insight to predict the same scenario about 100+ chapters back. This is exactly happening as he predicted

Can't figure out who is Juan Wolf there, the huge giant who was spotted from far or the guy with horns (one of them must be him, the other will surely be a level 6 prisoner)
Feb 17, 2010 11:32 PM

Jul 2009
Looks like Luffy will be out now in this arc and won't be participating much.
This chapter just told us how EPIC Whitebeard can be... He just owned Akainu and even splitted the HQ in two but his face... Ouch!!

Blackbeard arrives and has too many new members with him... including a giant?! If that giant was once in Impel Down, how the hell did he fit in there?!

I want more now ~.~
Bad news is that there will be no One Piece next week >.<
Why?!!!
This is a signature.
Feb 17, 2010 11:33 PM
Jul 2018
Avarice said:
Bah, Blackbeard's entrance could have been scripted better--his reunion with Luffy in Impel Down by stomping on Magellan is one of the more awesome moments in the series--like if he wiped-out a bajillion marines and pirates with his DF ability. Appearing from behind with more of his crew members just isn't the perfect statement to make.

This is BB we are talking about. What you're saying fits Luffy. BB's the exact opposite of it. IMO BB is the true definition of word 'Pirate'
Feb 17, 2010 11:34 PM

Nov 2007
So the blackbeard pirates time their arrival just after the climax, although this could lead to a climax in itself O_O wow ... great job Oda
Feb 17, 2010 11:41 PM
Jul 2018
smokes said:
vindemon64 said:
He's got himself a giant? Wtf.

l

every pirate crew has a giant..
its natural.. there has to be giant fights..

If Chopper can control the 3rd rumble ball. He's as good as a giant :D
Feb 17, 2010 11:59 PM

Feb 2009
dude, whitebeard got his face ripped off and he's still fighting like it aint shit! wow
Feb 18, 2010 12:00 AM

Apr 2008
GanonBR said:
WB's performance in this chapter was beyond awesome. Overpowering Akainu, destroying Marine HQ, splitting the island in left, and all that with half a face... if this guy is history's #2, I can't even imagine what Roger was like.

However, the high point of the chapter was finally learning the name of Hancock's snake: Salome! Now that's an amazing name xD

I wonder what rogers devil fruit powers were, am sure he also had some sort of power.

Feb 18, 2010 12:06 AM

Apr 2009
lol usopp with sanji its just an art guys -_-

i wanna see Blackbeard crew vs Mugiwara crew
Feb 18, 2010 1:06 AM

May 2009
Alright we can just about say that it's pretty obvious now that The Blackbeard is One Piece's significant other and will be the new force in the new world. Whether He will want to make packs with The Yonkou or usurp their power completely is open to argument. The Red-Hair is in deep trouble at this stage, let's hope he has already allied with the last remaining Yonkou or settles differences with Kaido.

I must say, I knew of the possibility that he might come but I never really supported it. He never seemed, to me anyway, the kind to grab spotlight attention or featherbed past achievements. Though one can't really blame Him, His plans have come to fruition and He's content with himself I guess - Or is this the fee owed to his new comrades? I think so.

I think i was wrong in labeling Ace's rescue the climax of this saga, in fact I have just happily replaced it with this turn of events! The Blackbeard seems so fulfilled with himself at the moment. Either he's saving face or is extremely naive in thinking he's is in clear. I think he will get a permanent injury from The Whitebeard.

Lastly, it should've dawned on everyone by now that they've been pawns on The Blackbeards chessboard. How this will influence the current emotions on the battlefield will be something to look forward to. 3 factions, and everyone wants a piece of everyone! I doubt the marines will band with The Whitebeard... ehem...
Marine lackey : "Uh-mo... I'm sorry about the face, the admiral does that sometimes".
The Whitebeard: "Daijoubu!" XD

ONE MAN VS THE WORLD AND HIS DEEPEST ENEMIES! This day will go down in infamy in One Piece! Further engraving the notoriety of the brand that is Whitebeard!
Feb 18, 2010 2:36 AM

Sep 2008
Oeh! Blackbeard appears!! Seems he also got some new Nakama out of Impel Down
Feb 18, 2010 2:56 AM

Oct 2007
Loved it! I hope every bone in Akainu was broken and he can stay that way for live >:D
Shame that he got a hit on WB though

Anyone feel like BB crew seems to be over-powered? I mean they already recruited the guy who was as strong as Magallan :/ Seems like BB is unstoppable now.

nuuu, no One piece until issue 14 which is how long away?
Feb 18, 2010 4:25 AM

Oct 2009
Woo for new characters. Luffy is totally broken.
Feb 18, 2010 6:22 AM

May 2009
Hawaiian420 said:
Wow wtf epic chapter BlackBeard as five fucking new crew members and they all look so awesome. Dam he planed everything prefect, dam that Blackbeard. So blackbeard as 10 crewmates now, and luffy 9 so I'm guessing we won't see this battle to after he gets his 10th.

then the 10th one should be a giant.
Strawhats doesn't have a giant. we can't count chopper with 3rd rumble ball of course because he is not giant he is monster:P
Feb 18, 2010 9:01 AM

May 2009
Theres blackbread, knew he'd have to arrive sooner or later, thought I kinda thought he'd be the one to kill Whitebread.
Feb 18, 2010 9:48 AM
Jul 2018
Carnac said:
Hawaiian420 said:

then the 10th one should be a giant.
Strawhats doesn't have a giant. we can't count chopper with 3rd rumble ball of course because he is not giant he is monster:P

I'd rather prefer a merman (not Jimbei)
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1114 Discussion

AhriTheS3xyFox - May 1

1 by FMmatron »»
4 hours ago

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1113 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Apr 23

55 by steeltec »»
May 1, 11:17 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1110 Discussion ( 1 2 )

FMmatron - Mar 12

64 by cry4heals »»
May 1, 5:18 PM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 1081 Discussion ( 1 2 )

removed-user - Apr 17, 2023

74 by anubela »»
May 1, 9:56 AM

Poll: » One Piece Chapter 770 Discussion ( 1 2 )

LunyRem - Dec 11, 2014

50 by KoniginElle »»
Apr 26, 11:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.