Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Fairy Tail
Available on Manga Store
New
Mar 26, 2017 12:04 PM

Jan 2017
I've heard people say that only kids watch Fairy Tail and they say that Hunter x Hunter is better. Is that true?
What do you guys think about it?
Personally, I love watching Fairy Tail and I don't think it's for kids though I haven't watched HxH yet.

Join Emilia's self-proclaimed knights club if you are a fellow Emilia fan

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 26, 2017 12:08 PM

Apr 2016
MAL users will try to persuade you that HxH is better than Fairy Tail, but don't listen those nabs.

Personally both are pretty average. But if you like it there is no problem at all.
Mar 26, 2017 12:16 PM

Mar 2017
Fairy Tail definitely isn't for kids. I mean, the first episode is evidence enough.
Mar 26, 2017 12:19 PM
Jul 2018
It is for teens of anything but so is HxH so like ehhh who cares about the entire who is it aimed for thing, if HxH fans have to resort to just call other shounen anime for kids to persuade others then HxH is probably pretty shit.
Mar 26, 2017 12:53 PM

Jan 2017
Darek said:
It is for teens of anything but so is HxH so like ehhh who cares about the entire who is it aimed for thing, if HxH fans have to resort to just call other shounen anime for kids to persuade others then HxH is probably pretty shit.

Lol I like your reply.
Next time, I'll be sure to tell him that :)

Mar 26, 2017 1:06 PM

Dec 2016
When you compare Fairy Tail with Hunter x Hunter, you can clearly see that one deals with more mature themes and involves more strategy than the other. I don't know if Fairy Tail is meant for kids, but it definitely isn't marketed towards people looking for anything more than mindless action and adventure.

What's the difference?
Mar 26, 2017 1:47 PM

Feb 2015
Mar 27, 2017 2:13 AM

Oct 2014
Yes, but to be more specific, sexually frustrated kids
Mar 27, 2017 5:04 AM
Jul 2018
MinxANIME said:
Fairy Tail definitely isn't for kids. I mean, the first episode is evidence enough.

While it isn't for kids, it's a lot more tame than HxH.
*Says the person with a FT avatar.

Idk, I enjoy it just to relax y'know.
Mar 27, 2017 5:42 AM

Apr 2015
Both Fairy Tail and HxH are aimed at kids in their home magazines and Japanese TV timeslots. You could argue HxH is significantly less aimed at kids, considering it switched to a late-night timeslot in a later arc due to graphic violence.
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Mar 27, 2017 5:46 AM

Dec 2016
It's both shounen, aimed at young teenage boys. Why people would say that FT is for kids and HxH isn't probably is because of these reasons:

- The writing (many, myself included, will tell you that HxH is several times better in that regard)
- Mature themes (don't want to spoil to much)
- Better fights & ability system
- more interesting characters
- switch between happy & dark tone
- some more stuff that would be spoilers

I would just say see for yourself. They are different, but both have the shounen elements that you will probably like (since I saw that you also like Naruto).
Mar 27, 2017 6:05 AM

Jun 2015
in fairytail the only way to win is nakama power.

its only used once in HXH.

no one really dies in FT.

dead ppl stay dead in HXH [except that one useless char]

some of the deaths are very feely.

actual strategy instead of getting all fired up.

the story has a semblence of ending unlike FT which should be over but thye keep trrying to milk it.

HXH is objectively better.

but enjoyment is subjective.
Mar 27, 2017 7:54 AM

Mar 2015
All chinese cartoons are for kids. /thread.
Mar 27, 2017 12:15 PM

Jan 2017
Sir_Chasm said:

I don't know if it's sarcasm but anime is Japanese.
You might as well just go and watch historical movies because anime is not your thing, m8

Mar 27, 2017 12:15 PM

Jan 2017
RedInfinity said:

So are you telling me I am sexually frustrated?
Like I can't get a girlfriend in real life so I fap to Lucy or shit?

Mar 27, 2017 12:31 PM

Oct 2014
swirlydragon said:
RedInfinity said:

I said it's 'targeted' towards sexually frustrated kids.You may not be the target audience but still enjoy it. Being sexually frustrated also does not mean unable to get a girlfriend.

Although you may not be frustrated sexually you crearly are the former
Mar 27, 2017 12:44 PM

Jan 2017
@BlueBlack37
@CatSoul
@Turtles_Leader

Well I guess, I have to agree with you all. Thnx for the great input xD

Mar 27, 2017 12:46 PM

Jan 2017
RedInfinity said:
swirlydragon said:

I said it's 'targeted' towards sexually frustrated kids.You may not be the target audience but still enjoy it. Being sexually frustrated also does not mean unable to get a girlfriend.

Although you may not be frustrated sexually you crearly are the former

I am not frustrated m8 -_-
Don't assume such ludicrous things

Mar 27, 2017 12:53 PM

Mar 2015
swirlydragon said:
Sir_Chasm said:

I don't know if it's sarcasm but anime is Japanese.
You might as well just go and watch historical movies because anime is not your thing, m8

Don't hate on me just because I don't furiously masturbate to cartoon girls with oversized breasts, like you do.
Mar 27, 2017 12:55 PM

Dec 2015
Fairy Tail may be aimed towards a younger audience, but that doesn't mean you have to be a kid to watch or enjoy it.

RedInfinity said:

That's just generalizing the audience. Yes, some of that audience is likely sexually frustrated kids, but who are you to say that the majority of the audience only watches because they're sexually frustrated? Do you have any statistics? Do you have the ability to determine why people watch a certain show?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 1:04 PM

Oct 2014
joecool24 said:
Fairy Tail may be aimed towards a younger audience, but that doesn't mean you have to be a kid to watch or enjoy it.

RedInfinity said:

That's just generalizing the audience. Yes, some of that audience is likely sexually frustrated kids, but who are you to say that the majority of the audience only watches because they're sexually frustrated? Do you have any statistics? Do you have the ability to determine why people watch a certain show?

I wonder if you have the ability to understand language.

I said the show is 'targeted' towards sexually frustrated children. I do not require statistics to prove it, as that value it not measurable. What do you mean 'do I have the ability to determine why people watch a show'? They don't need a reason, because the show is targeted towards those who do and likely enjoy it.

Likewise, why would someone enjoy a romance, if not for the relationship? Fairy tail has a shiton of tits and ass, as well as being a shounen. Shounen is a show targeted towards young boys. So in what logic would my statement be false?
Mar 27, 2017 1:15 PM

Dec 2015
RedInfinity said:
joecool24 said:

I said the show is 'targeted' towards sexually frustrated children. I do not require statistics to prove it, as that value it not measurable. What do you mean 'do I have the ability to determine why people watch a show'? They don't need a reason, because the show is targeted towards those who do and likely enjoy it.

Likewise, why would someone enjoy a romance, if not for the relationship? Fairy tail has a shiton of tits and ass, as well as being a shounen. Shounen is a show targeted towards young boys. So in what logic would my statement be false?

The first sign of a poor argument is a personal attack as the leading statement. Remember that for future arguments.
That being said, what evidence do you have that the show is targeted towards sexually frustrated children? Fairy tail has excessive fanservice, but that doesn't mean that the only reason to watch the show is for that fanservice. Showing a lot of tits and ass appeals to a wide variety of people, certainly not just teenagers. Sex appeal is a marketing technique in just about every corner of the world, so why should anime be any different. For example, why do you think so many movie stars are so incredibly attractive? They ooze sex appeal on the big screen, knowing that it appeals to a wide variety of people.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 27, 2017 1:20 PM

Oct 2014
joecool24 said:
RedInfinity said:

The first sign of a poor argument is a personal attack as the leading statement. Remember that for future arguments.
That being said, what evidence do you have that the show is targeted towards sexually frustrated children? Fairy tail has excessive fanservice, but that doesn't mean that the only reason to watch the show is for that fanservice. Showing a lot of tits and ass appeals to a wide variety of people, certainly not just teenagers. Sex appeal is a marketing technique in just about every corner of the world, so why should anime be any different. For example, why do you think so many movie stars are so incredibly attractive? They ooze sex appeal on the big screen, knowing that it appeals to a wide variety of people.

My goodness. Once again, you ignored my statement...

I said, being a shounen as well as a show full of tits limits the target audience for young kids who want to see tits. That doesn't mean that fairy tail is the 'only' show that does this. Every show that follows this path is as well a show targeted towards frustrated (sexually) children.

How did I engage it as a personal attack? Where did you get that impression from? Due to the fact that I had to repeat myself 2 times already means that I am very patient.

What does this have to do with other uses of fanservice? Don't blatantly spread such non-contrived examples. We are talking about a specific, not a total.
Mar 27, 2017 1:23 PM

Jan 2017
joecool24 said:

RedInfinity said:

Yeah, I think he just hates Fairy Tail.
He is being quite rude if you ask me.
Well whatever, I don't agree with his argument anyway

Mar 27, 2017 1:28 PM

Dec 2015
RedInfinity said:
joecool24 said:

I said, being a shounen as well as a show full of tits limits the target audience for young kids who want to see tits. That doesn't mean that fairy tail is the 'only' show that does this. Every show that follows this path is as well a show targeted towards frustrated (sexually) children.

How did I engage it as a personal attack? Where did you get that impression from? Due to the fact that I had to repeat myself 2 times already means that I am very patient.

What does this have to do with other uses of fanservice? Don't blatantly spread such non-contrived examples. We are talking about a specific, not a total.

I don't see any point in continuing this discussion with you. You have your opinion and I have mine and I don't see either of us changing. Have a nice day.
Mar 27, 2017 1:30 PM

Oct 2014
joecool24 said:
RedInfinity said:

I don't see any point in continuing this discussion with you. You have your opinion and I have mine and I don't see either of us changing. Have a nice day.

By why should this be an opinion? It's a fact that it is targeted towards:
1. Young boys
2. People who want to see half naked women

What is there to argue about? That's what the term 'targeted towards' means
Mar 27, 2017 1:34 PM

Oct 2014
They're both shounen which means they're targeted at 8-18 year old boys. I would say they're targeted at teenagers which are arguably a type of kid. Fairy Tail has more "sex" and Hunter x Hunter has more violence, but neither are particularly more mature than the other (at least not that I've heard, these things are sort of subjective).
Mar 27, 2017 2:07 PM

Jun 2015
Fairy Tail is for people who like seeing shirtless guys and near shirtless girls constantly. So, most ages.

Mar 28, 2017 6:12 AM

Jan 2017
codephat said:
Fairy Tail is for people who like seeing shirtless guys and near shirtless girls constantly. So, most ages.

C'mon dude, that's not all what Fairy Tail has.
It has some awesome fights, emotional moments, character development, etc.

Mar 28, 2017 6:46 AM

Aug 2015
If you don't mind teaching kids the idea of sexualisation at a young then yeah I guess
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Mar 28, 2017 7:20 AM

Jan 2011
I guess, the characters are static at this point, great sound track and abbs thou.
Mar 28, 2017 7:20 AM

Nov 2016
Fairy Tail would be ideal for kids if it wasn't filled with ecchi content unless that is actually appropriate for them. I guess there are worse things you can expose your kids too.
Mar 28, 2017 8:14 AM

Sep 2016
It would have been for kids if it weren't for the fanservice and HxH isn't for kids because it shows a lot of dark stuff that they can't handle
Mar 28, 2017 9:10 AM

Aug 2016
swirlydragon said:
codephat said:

C'mon dude, that's not all what Fairy Tail has.
It has some awesome fights, emotional moments, character development, etc.

Lol, in the span of how many lifetimes worth of episodes?

Other than the over-sexualization, I could see it being used for entertainment for kids. Besiding that, anyone can see anything at any age at this point, so what does it matter - we all watch anime and isn't that typically treated as cartoons by the normies outside?
Mar 28, 2017 10:44 PM

Jan 2014
I miss the days when JD and ichii would come out in full force to defend Fairy Tail.

Yes, Fairy Tail is for kids and you should watch HxH (2011. 1999 version sucks.)
"Let Justice Be Done!"

My Theme
Fight again, fight again for justice!
Mar 29, 2017 9:33 AM

Jan 2017
*horny kids

So is HxH, just without the horny, but pretentious tryhard-adult kids instead.
zumacMar 29, 2017 9:41 AM
Mar 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2014
I tried watching Fairy Tail but didn't really like it. It's just not my kind of shounen anime but I can't say its only for kids though. I know plenty other people considered to be adults who actually like it.

As for Hunter x Hunter, I liked the plot more. I watched it and enjoyed it... even if I didn't finish it. lol I had to travel overseas for a long vacation before I could finish it and when I came back, it was pushed to the back of my mind and I got into other animes before i could pick it up again. I would most likely still finish it though. Someday. :p
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Apr 5, 2017 7:54 AM

Apr 2009
Watch the 1999 HxH and ask yourself if it's for kids.
Apr 5, 2017 8:39 AM

Feb 2015
I see Fairy Tail as an anime that is primarily aimed at teenagers, but can be easily enjoyed by people of any age. I've tried HunterxHunter (2011), but I didn't like it nearly as much Fairy Tail.
Apr 5, 2017 9:08 AM
Jul 2018
Fairy Tail ain't even close to being for kids zzz I mean the plot is simple with the friendship and all that shit but just too much boobs

Hunter x Hunter is basically just another Naruto
Apr 5, 2017 10:56 AM

Jul 2009
From the first two sentences of the Wikipedia article titled 'Shounen':

"Shōnen, shonen, or shounen manga (少年漫画 shōnen manga?) is manga aimed at a young male audience. The age group varies with individual readers and different magazines, but it is primarily intended for boys between the ages of 8 to 18."

There's your answer.
Apr 18, 2017 2:54 PM

Mar 2017
I honestly think Fairy Tail is better than Hunter x Hunter.
Apr 18, 2017 3:06 PM

Jul 2013
Well I love FT but I would say it is since there isnt blood scene and not violence where you see head or stuff falling out(gore scenes)
Apr 18, 2017 3:12 PM

Feb 2017
I wouldn't say either shows are for kids necessarily. Haven't gotten too far into Fairy Tail personally though, so I wouldn't really know. HxH does get a bit dark in some of its arcs, so that's probably what they're talking about. But if they're arguing that it's better because it's darker then they're probably not worth listening to anyhow. The level of violence a show portrays shouldn't be the show's selling point.

The fanbase of HxH can get a bit snobby at times lol. But I would totally recommend Hunter x Hunter regardless. It does have things that make it amazing besides that violence. Amazingly well written characters, very little filler, a storyline that is pretty unpredictable. And I guess the violence is the just some of the icing on the cake haha. One of my fav shows :D.
JKKHApr 18, 2017 3:17 PM
Apr 25, 2017 2:26 PM

Mar 2016
HxH is as good as Fairy Tail in my opinion...
And no, it is not for kids! Does it have a G rank? No! So it isn't!
May 27, 2017 3:17 PM

Apr 2014
does fairy tail have [i]that[i/] much fanservice? lol....I enjoyed it a lot. I also enjoyed soul eater. I like the way it's done. it does seem very childish but I love that about it. It's strange actually, considering I can't even watch anime if they characters are middle schoolers. But then again, I hate gore and violence so...meh.....
beanie.
Jun 1, 2017 3:10 PM

May 2012
Hunter x Hunter is like 100 times better than fairy tail. the two should not be even compared

I still did not finish fairy tail. I'm on episode 138. It is is an average anime at best in my opinion.

There is so many action shows that are way better than Fairy tail. Arslan Senki, Magi, claymore, Nanatsu no Taizai etc are way better and more serious than this shit

Jun 5, 2017 12:37 AM

Nov 2015
The preachy messages about friendship, one dimensional characters and utter lack of any strategic elements or threat of death during fights all make Fairy Tail pretty standard saturday morning cartoon fair. Sure, there's the aspect of fanservice, but even then it's barely risque enough to warrant a PG-13 rating.

HxH is quality literature.
✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

鼻をくすぐるGunpowder & Smoke
ジャララ飛び交うEmpty gun cartridges
紅いヒールに見惚れて うっかり風穴欲しいヤツは 挙手をしな

・゚✧*:・゚✧ 🍰 ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ੈ♡‧₊˚

✧༝┉˚*❋ ❋*˚┉༝✧

Jun 29, 2017 4:20 PM
Jun 2017
fairy tail is for teens
Jul 21, 2019 8:29 AM
Jul 2019
If you want to watch anime that's for older people i suggest you watch Naruto or Bleach. This two anime are best for me!
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 49 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Oct 11, 2010

104 by AngelMilky_15 »»
9 hours ago

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 48 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

removed-user - Sep 27, 2010

169 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:59 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 47 Discussion ( 1 2 )

shadowsword - Sep 20, 2010

89 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:37 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 46 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

KaaN10 - Sep 13, 2010

107 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 9:16 PM

Poll: » Fairy Tail Episode 45 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Knave - Sep 6, 2010

123 by gannoncannon55 »»
May 6, 8:52 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.