Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 9, 2017 6:38 AM

Feb 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, an attack that uses your depression as a catalyst.
Aug 21, 2017 1:31 PM
Jun 2014
Interesting episode. Feels like things are moving forward again plot-wise, if only for a bit.

Nabiki appearing half asleep and complaining about Ryoga and Ranma being too loud; isn't she the cutest thing? :)
Jun 13, 2021 10:23 AM

Nov 2015
Ulquiorra said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Wow, an attack that uses your depression as a catalyst.

yeah xD it's almost like if they discovered what being an emo is, without it being a thing yet :o

💢

Jul 16, 2021 3:28 AM

Apr 2013
Finally an episode about "true" martial arts again... at least until the depression thing got revealed.
Aug 18, 2021 2:39 PM

Jun 2021
i've seen a lot of 2 parts episode in anime and other animation, but this as the first half is the absolute best, and in my top 10 of the entire series, if not top 5... or 3... or the 1.

Ryoga's Lion Roar Blast is something perfect for him for all the pain he had to suffer until this point. Ranma deserved a defeat because often he's way too full of himself, and i laughed hard at his nightmare of becoming a social outcast in Tendo's house along with his father until they stop giving them food.

And of course, big surprise, shock, etc. etc... renouncing his last shred of dignity, he transforms into his girl form yet once again to seduce Ryoga and learning the Lion Roar Blast at his expense. "I hAtE tO bE a GiRl!!!!!1111!!!!1!" Oh, shut up. He has also the audacity to repeat that after later in the plot, but rightfully gets beaten once more.
And he's not even smart, (s)he immediately insults Ryoga after two unsuccesful tries at performing the attack and having presented him/herself as such a big fan of him. But at least he's discovered and punished hard.

Another great scene is Soun discovering the destroyed walls on his house. "Who's gonna pay for this?" Don't worry, you have so many students in your doj... ehm... uhm... oops. (Seriously, we're 141 episodes in, he should be used/bored by all that daily destruction, or broke and forced to move since way earlier)

Cologne's final comments... even 17 years after my first watch, i still remembered them word by word.

_untitledAug 18, 2021 2:44 PM
Jun 15, 2022 3:01 AM

Jan 2018
Less than 20 episodes left. I really hope these remaining episodes will be good. But I'm keeping my expectations in check just in case. I remember the last stretch of Urusei Yatsura episodes weren't as good as older episodes which left me disappointed. And with Ranma 1/2 being an incomplete adaptation of the manga the disappointment would be greater.

Love two-parter episodes. But I think some arcs from season 1 were longer than 2 episodes. I would like longer arcs even if they're not martial arts related.

A secret technique fueled by depression? It'd be very useful for me if it was real.

Ryoga couldn't recognize female Ranma again? I think he has bad eyesight, not unlike Mousse. That'd explain why he gets lost all the time.

Ranma has a very strange image of being miserable. Even Nobita from Doraemon had a more pessimistic vision of his future than Ranma.
0451Jun 16, 2022 7:21 AM
Oct 3, 2022 4:05 PM
Dec 2013
Oh look. Ranma 1/2 has ki blasts now, like Dragon Ball and Yu Yu Hakusho.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 53 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

10 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 8:16 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 52 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

8 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 24, 7:33 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 51 Discussion

enkil - Aug 8, 2009

6 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 23, 7:49 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 50 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

7 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 23, 7:10 PM

Poll: » Ranma ½ Episode 49 Discussion

enkil - Aug 7, 2009

22 by TheColonel76 »»
Apr 18, 7:07 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.