Forum Settings
Forums

Sweden to name special envoy to Israel-Palestine peace process

New
Feb 15, 2017 9:43 PM

Jan 2012
Sweden is to appoint a special envoy to the Israel-Palestine peace process, Foreign Minister Margot Wallström announced during the presentation of her foreign policy vision in parliament.

Wallström presented the ruling centre-left Social Democrat-Green coalition government's foreign policy declaration for the year in the Riksdag on Wednesday morning, continuing an annual tradition.

One of the key points is that the government will appoint a diplomat to work full-time on the Israel-Palestine conflict. The special envoy is to establish contacts and represent Sweden in international talks about the conflict.

"This year marks 50 years of the occupation of Palestine. Sweden continues to work for a resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and will appoint a special envoy,” Wallström told the Riksdag.

"When I visited Palestine in December it was noticeable that hope can turn to despair, and this features heavily in the consultations that Sweden is holding with almost 150 Israeli and Palestinian civil society organizations," she added.

http://www.thelocal.se/20170215/sweden-to-name-special-envoy-to-israel-palestine-peace-process

-------------------------------------------------------------
this remind of dem hate posts she got on her fb page b4 by Zionists

well said 50 years of the occupation of Palästinalied
anyway like someone said When you have lived for 1700 years wandering eastern Europe and then decide to go "home" to Palestine - which you then have to violently wrest from the people living there - is that not absolutely absurd

Go Sweden other eu countries should follow , hopefully france soon with le pen

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Feb 15, 2017 10:27 PM

Mar 2014
Margot is obsessed with Israel

She really needs to chill
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 16, 2017 1:50 AM

Mar 2009
If I was Swedish I'd say something like that's fine, so long as he gets paid by Israelis and Palestinians and not by the Swede taxpayers.
Signature? I ain't got no signature! I don't need no signature! I don't have to show you any stinkin' signature!
Feb 16, 2017 2:25 AM

Aug 2015
How can there be peace if both sides still hate each other. Just a stupid way to try to stay relevant, I guess.
Feb 16, 2017 9:53 AM

Jan 2012
Comic_Sans said:
Margot is obsessed with Israel

She really needs to chill

lol still not like Trump
the clown wanted to move Israeli embassy to Jerusalem

the world is obsessed with city from ancients times

why she needs to chill , you don't like strong woman like her

LowOfSolipsism said:
How can there be peace if both sides still hate each other. Just a stupid way to try to stay relevant, I guess.

It's bibi government who doesn't want peace

The Paris Peace Conference which ended Sunday by calling for Israel and the Palestinians to accept a two-state solution was slammed by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu as "useless" and "a last gasp of the past before the future sets in."

Any peace conference will be useless as long as Netanyahu is alive.

Feb 16, 2017 9:57 AM

Aug 2015
@AllenVonStein - Yeah, I know I've seen it live. Trump also seems to agree with Netanyahu. You also seem to forget that Palestinians aren't really that peace-loving themselves. Sure Nenatnayhu rejects the idea of a two state solution but Palestinian don't really see it as a solution either.

So, again. If both sides hate each other, why bother?
Feb 16, 2017 10:00 AM

Mar 2014
AllenVonStein said:
lol still not like Trump
the clown wanted to move Israeli embassy to Jerusalem

the world is obsessed with city from ancients times

why she needs to chill , you don't like strong woman like her
Bullshit, there are multiple strong women that I like (e.g. Alice Teodorescu)

I just don't find Margot particularly bright
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Feb 16, 2017 11:49 AM

Jan 2012
Comic_Sans said:
Bullshit, there are multiple strong women that I like (e.g. Alice Teodorescu)

I just don't find Margot particularly bright

She is strong too but that doesn't mean Margot isn't
Lol
People do like here and she is pretty active .

Feb 16, 2017 12:01 PM

Aug 2012
Please. Israel shouldn't exist. A peace treaty will not happen, just look at how the UN tried to 'evenly split' the land between them and the Jews. Now it's just Israel.
Feb 16, 2017 12:26 PM

Aug 2015
@Rasheed Just as you have a right to exist, so does Israel. Also UN is full of shit.
Feb 16, 2017 12:33 PM

Aug 2012
LowOfSolipsism said:
@Rasheed Just as you have a right to exist, so does Israel. Also UN is full of shit.

Comparing me, to a country that literally emerged as a parasite. Conquering from the inside, always playing it dirty. In the end, most of the supposed Palestinian lands were taken over. A worthless MAL user can't do the same. Well then, since you say that, doesn't that mean you revoke Israel's legitimacy? The Uk and the Un were the guys behind it...
Feb 16, 2017 12:37 PM

Mar 2014
AllenVonStein said:
She is strong too but that doesn't mean Margot isn't
Lol
People do like here and she is pretty active .
Who? The social democrats?

She used to be more popular before but that was before she began fucking around https://www.flashback.org/t1236253
Nico- said:
Feb 16, 2017 12:40 PM

Aug 2015
@Rasheed. I wasnt comparing you to a country I was comparing you to the people who built this country after they fled from Europe from WW2. They had the right to make their own state.
"always playing it dirty. "
Like what?
Feb 16, 2017 1:04 PM

Aug 2012
LowOfSolipsism said:
@Rasheed. I wasnt comparing you to a country I was comparing you to the people who built this country after they fled from Europe from WW2. They had the right to make their own state.
"always playing it dirty. "
Like what?

They can live without Israel. Israel was unnecessary for survival as you said. But they don't just want to survive. They want to conquer.

They had the right? By who? The people who lived in that land didn't want it.

The Balfour Declaration, though being unfair, distributed certain lands to the Jews. When they did settle, they started taking extra land bit by bit. Look at Palestine in 1917 and now. The size is decreased greatly. What right is that? Survival? Don't make me laugh.
Feb 16, 2017 1:13 PM

Aug 2015
@Rasheed
"They can live without Israel. Israel was unnecessary for survival as you said."
No, it was more than necessary, as I've said. They didnt conquer the land because they wanted in the first place, they conquered land after they won the war that the Palestinians started. Just because they took some land for themselves doesn't mean they're monsters.Every nation conquers land.

"The people who lived in that land didn't want it. "
Well you had to live somewhere. Israel is a place holy for the Jews, it is a place that Jews already lived in, in the 1900's. Just because the Arab population were against it for obvious reasons doesn't mean they cant reach a compromise(which they tried to reach but Muslim can never settle on the fair side, they want EVERYTHING).

"they started taking extra land bit by bit."
Maybe instead of "taking" you should use the more appropriate and unbiased word "buying" because thats what they did, fair and square. Yes, some land was taken by force, they arent saints, but to call them parasites for that is a bias reach.
Feb 17, 2017 11:38 AM

Aug 2009
AllenVonStein said:
Sweden is to appoint a special envoy to the Israel-Palestine peace process, Foreign Minister Margot Wallström announced during the presentation of her foreign policy vision in parliament.

Wallström presented the ruling centre-left Social Democrat-Green coalition government's foreign policy declaration for the year in the Riksdag on Wednesday morning, continuing an annual tradition.

One of the key points is that the government will appoint a diplomat to work full-time on the Israel-Palestine conflict. The special envoy is to establish contacts and represent Sweden in international talks about the conflict.

"This year marks 50 years of the occupation of Palestine. Sweden continues to work for a resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and will appoint a special envoy,” Wallström told the Riksdag.

"When I visited Palestine in December it was noticeable that hope can turn to despair, and this features heavily in the consultations that Sweden is holding with almost 150 Israeli and Palestinian civil society organizations," she added.

http://www.thelocal.se/20170215/sweden-to-name-special-envoy-to-israel-palestine-peace-process

-------------------------------------------------------------
this remind of dem hate posts she got on her fb page b4 by Zionists

well said 50 years of the occupation of Palästinalied
anyway like someone said When you have lived for 1700 years wandering eastern Europe and then decide to go "home" to Palestine - which you then have to violently wrest from the people living there - is that not absolutely absurd

Go Sweden other eu countries should follow , hopefully france soon with le pen

Sweden is wasting their time. Israel isn't going to budge because of the fact they think they are entitled to that land because their ancient ancestors once lived there. The Palestinians are not going to budge because they have been living there for centuries and any peace deal will result in them permanently losing more of their land. Israel doesn't have to budge because America is it's biggest ally and many Americans are religious people who think Jews are God's chosen people so they think its only right the Jews get Israel.
Feb 17, 2017 12:06 PM

Jan 2012
ezikialrage said:
because America is it's biggest ally and many Americans are religious people who think Jews are God's chosen people so they think its only right the Jews get Israel.

that's what so called Zionist Christians and consciousness is rising with high level

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.