Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 15, 2017 8:22 AM

Jun 2013
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
This movie is about what? Zombie apocalypse or the girl's miserable life?
The reason for the zombie apocalypse is not explained, and the girl's story is ill-told, generic and banal. There is no moral in story. Just a lot of deaths.
The only thing saved here is the technical side. The rest is disposable and aimless waste.
Rod_RussSep 9, 2017 4:01 PM
Apr 8, 2017 8:42 AM

Oct 2014
I don't know either.
the lack of plot was bad but it's just a mindless zombie apocalypse movie I guess it's okay.
Sep 9, 2017 1:14 PM
Apr 2014
The selling point of Train to Busan (the film this is the prequel to) had a great premise, that being zombies on a train. But Seoul-yeok just seems a bit pointless. It doesn't expand the universe, doesn't do anything new and just didn't really add anything to the live action film, and struggles to stand on its own.

Plus "her Dad" has no reason to actually chase her through an undead city, when you find out the twist.
Oct 1, 2017 8:35 AM

Jul 2008
VerdantMonkey nailed it. Seoul Station is a fine film, but it doesn't bring anything new to the table or offering anything particularly compelling or exciting, like Train to Busan. I don't regret watching it, but I probably wouldn't watch it again.
I write about manga → morningroo.com
and movies → letterboxd.com/ugla
Dec 21, 2017 5:40 PM
Aug 2014
It was a good movie if you ask me. Then again, I’m easy to please. Just look at all the 10/10’s on my list if you don’t believe me.
Oct 20, 2018 7:19 PM

Sep 2013
Not a bad movie imo. I didn't mind the weak plot. The only thing that really bothered me was the bleak portrayal of humanity. The female MC was really the only person with any worth whatsoever. Everyone else was selfish, hateful and just basically awful (well, except for the guy who tried to save her while she was hanging from those wires above the crowd of infected).

The boyfriend kind of redeemed himself in the end, but everyone else was just a waste of space. I really kind of feel like that was the whole point of this show. Seems like the author was making a statement about the state of mankind and our own lack of humanity...or something. This is such a played out, hackneyed concept, it doesn't really impress me though. I think the show would have been better off with a few "good guy" characters for the viewer to actually care about, rather than just an endless parade of selfish assholes..

As far as plot-driven film goes, this thing was a bomb. But, considering it was just the 9,000th mindless zombie flick to come out in the last 5-10 years it wasn't bad.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 15, 2018 2:35 PM

Oct 2015
Really good movie that I enjoyed, the plot isn't there and its true all those deaths weren't meaningful.

Too bad everyone died in the movie including Hye-sun whom I thought would be carried by the movie. I kinda knew Ki-Woong would die but not Hye, the "dad's" death was inevitable though as he was an impostor and really bad. I didn't want the homeless old man Hye-sun was with to die, he seems pitiful man and the only good man besides the other dude who died trying to save her while climbing.

The animation wasn't that top quality, the story lacked meaning, the characters weren't that memorable and the development was really wack but amidst all that I enjoyed it.

It's a surprising 7/10 from me purely from enjoyment.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 27, 2019 1:20 PM

Feb 2012
I felt this was meh. Did it really even set anything up for Train to Busan? They don't even need to be in the same universe, not because one is animated. Just shares common themes; zombies, trains and being set in South Korea.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Apr 7, 2019 11:20 PM

Oct 2015
Well, for me it was better then I expected. I have watched both this and Train to Busan and I can clearly say even though this one was supposed to set Busan up, it could easily be two separate movies. I liked how the integrated the social issues of Korea into the film to. I see everyone saying that everyone was selfish and not likable. For me, I liked the homeless guy who died getting up on the bus. He kept it real the entire time and was extremely selfless the entirety of the movie.
Jun 27, 2019 4:46 AM
Oct 2017
This was a bad film were the only likeable characters were bit pieces (homeless guy & barricade defense guy). The MCs constant crying & habitual practice of leaving doors open behind her did it no favors. The twist towards the end would've been okay until you realize her 'Dad' risked his life for the most pettiest of reasons. Just too many bad decisions kept me from caring.
Jan 4, 2020 4:53 PM

Mar 2016
the movie was hilarious lmao 6/10!

Feb 22, 2021 1:07 AM

Aug 2018
I watched it like looong ago and I just discoveted that it's on MAL.

Tbh it's not that bad, the zombie thingy and the suspenses, I watched it in the middle of the night and it quite scary. But the animation, it's not really my taste.
Jun 9, 2021 3:49 PM

Oct 2015
I honestly put up with a lot of this movie's characters but the final twist at the end was just so fucking moronic I just wanted to stop watching altogether, partnered with the actions the military took. This was a lot lot worse compared to train to busan
Jan 25, 2022 7:30 AM

Oct 2017
It wasn't boring, but the story has no structure and direction. What were they trying to achieve? The animation is also terrible.
Jun 27, 2023 4:48 AM
Apr 2023
The plot twist really wasn’t it… this man went through so much just to get his money back? bffr đź’€
Do not reccomend unless you’re just trynna watch a plotless zombie movie
Feb 26, 7:06 AM
Mar 2019
This took a weird turn at the end, Pimp not Father.
You could never outrun the Zombies, they don't stop running.

More topics from this board

» Why does this exist on MAL?

MysteriousSoul - Oct 30, 2016

3 by mtsRhea »»
Jun 19, 2017 11:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.