Forum Settings
Forums

How do you rate Anime watched a long time ago without Rewatching?.

New
Feb 10, 2017 8:52 PM

Oct 2015
I don't feel like I'd give a genuine rating and it just becomes an estimated guess if I try to give an "accurate" rating to what I felt about an Anime in this sort of circumstance, which is most of the Animus in my list .-.
(which is nowhere near completed)

Does anyone here have a good countermeasure against this problem? I don't think I'm the only one, or least I hope so xd (actually nevermind, better if I'm the only one with problems lol)

I just thought of one way, but thinking deeper about it feels kinda flawed: Reading about it, blog, review, etc.. Or watching a Review video on it, but obviously this is a quite flawed approach. Does anyone have a better way than my terrible rushed approach at this?. Other than just rewatching obviously.
Feb 10, 2017 9:06 PM

Oct 2014
If there's a recap that would be a good idea. I'll personally just rate based on what I remembered. If it wasn't very memorable it probably wasn't very good anyway.
Feb 10, 2017 9:16 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
If there's a recap that would be a good idea. I'll personally just rate based on what I remembered. If it wasn't very memorable it probably wasn't very good anyway.
Hmmm.. I wouldn't be satisfied with that, but judging from what your standards seem to be (just pure assumption, excuse me if I'm wrong xD)

They seem to be high enough for anything you care to rate high would be quite memorable (≧▽≦)
Feb 10, 2017 9:19 PM

Jul 2015
If i watched it long ago I would re watch it before rating it. I've seen anime back in 2000 and loved, now hate it.
Feb 10, 2017 9:23 PM

Jan 2010
I probably wouldn't even bother adding it or rating it, I'd just watch it again. If it were that long ago I was probably a kid and didn't have very good judgement on quality.
Feb 10, 2017 9:26 PM

Jul 2016
Most of the animes I watched as a kid were pretty memorable since they made up my childhood. Like Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach, and etc. But you should probably refresh your memory by watching some epic clips on youtube of that anime.
Feb 10, 2017 9:28 PM

Oct 2014
Soriki said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Hmmm.. I wouldn't be satisfied with that, but judging from what your standards seem to be (just pure assumption, excuse me if I'm wrong xD)

They seem to be high enough for anything you care to rate high would be quite memorable (≧▽≦)
Everything I rated high (7+) I can remember a fair bit about, at least very little less than I remember about anime that I just finished. The real crud (1-2 range) sort of all blurs together. I only started watching anime about two and a half years ago, though. The Secret World of Arrietty would be the one exception since I know I loved it as a kid but can only really remember a couple scenes from it.
Feb 10, 2017 9:29 PM

Oct 2015
Sterps said:
Most of the animes I watched as a kid were pretty memorable since they made up my childhood. Like Dragonball, Naruto, Bleach, and etc. But you should probably refresh your memory by watching some epic clips on youtube of that anime.
Hmm.. Thanks. Since my list is full with those! And I'm nowhere near close to adding all the Anime I've watched!

nougat said:
I probably wouldn't even bother adding it or rating it, I'd just watch it again. If it were that long ago I was probably a kid and didn't have very good judgement on quality.
That's some dedication to rewatch it, but like Sterps said clips tho, I think they'd help a lot if it's a looong Anime like DB.

BeautifulVenus said:
If i watched it long ago I would re watch it before rating it. I've seen anime back in 2000 and loved, now hate it.
Wow that just feels sad, hating an Anime you used to love xd ;u;
Feb 10, 2017 9:30 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Soriki said:

Everything I rated high (7+) I can remember a fair bit about, at least very little less than I remember about anime that I just finished. The real crud (1-2 range) sort of all blurs together.
Hey if you don't mind and have time uh.. Since you've clearly watched a lot of Anime and are obviously a Veteran of this community, what do you think is the average amount of Anime people have watched? 50? 100?
Feb 10, 2017 9:35 PM

Oct 2014
Soriki said:
zombie_pegasus said:
Everything I rated high (7+) I can remember a fair bit about, at least very little less than I remember about anime that I just finished. The real crud (1-2 range) sort of all blurs together.
Hey if you don't mind and have time uh.. Since you've clearly watched a lot of Anime and are obviously a Veteran of this community, what do you think is the average amount of Anime people have watched? 50? 100?
What's funny is that although my completed list is massive I haven't actually seen too much more anime than you in terms of time (I have 65.8 days while you have 62.1 days), I've just seen a lot of shorts. Anywhere between 80 and 400 is fairly normal. You're one of the few people I've seen who has more days watched than anime completed. The standard anime is only 0.2 days.
Feb 10, 2017 9:36 PM

Mar 2008
If you can't remember it well enough to rate it by whatever standard you now use, then why should you? Unless you suffer from a compulsive need to assign a numerical value to every single thing on your list.
Feb 10, 2017 9:41 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Soriki said:
What's funny is that although my completed list is massive I haven't actually seen too much more anime than you in terms of time (I have 65.8 days while you have 62.1 days), I've just seen a lot of shorts. Anywhere between 80 and 400 is fairly normal. You're one of the few people I've seen who has more days watched than anime completed. The standard anime is only 0.2 days.

Emm.. Sorry for giving a rushed response and cherry picking this part but.. Just wanted to say that I'm trying to make my list. Because I've barely actually added any of my total amount of Animes watched into it.. So.. Yeah xD

(It takes freaking long to find, rate, and add all of them!)
Feb 10, 2017 9:43 PM

Oct 2015
Ckan said:
If you can't remember it well enough to rate it by whatever standard you now use, then why should you? Unless you suffer from a compulsive need to assign a numerical value to every single thing on your list.
That's true, but it just feels annoying that most of my list just pure "-" x-x

But yeah I agree, in my opinion, I don't consider the scores relative anyways. At least my scoring isn't :P!
Feb 10, 2017 9:44 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Soriki said:

WoW I just took a peek at your completed Anime, damn that's a lot xD!
Feb 10, 2017 9:48 PM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Soriki said:

Is funny how you say that about shorts cause I used to knock out a bunch of average episode count Anime, 12/13/24/26 constantly a few years back when I started. I just have quite a few big ones completed o3o
Feb 10, 2017 9:49 PM
Jul 2018
That's will be tough to answer, well I guess most people will give it straight 10 like I did as well.
Feb 10, 2017 9:53 PM

Oct 2015
SkyDrop said:
That's will be tough to answer, well I guess most people will give it straight 10 like I did as well.

Yeah, me too. Since my ratings are very different (well maybe not that different :3) from everyone else's on this website, as I just score with entertainment rating, how much I enjoyed watching it, rather than objectively pointing out good and bad things, pros and cons. So I'm very lenient on giving Animes a 10, cause I genuinely just enjoyed watching them a lot :D!
Feb 10, 2017 9:55 PM

Jun 2015
If I don't remember it enough, I don't. Most, I don't even add anyway.
Feb 10, 2017 10:02 PM

Oct 2015
Brb said:
Y u n0 add Animerino :'[?

Laziness? See no point in it :O? Just don't feel like it xd?
Feb 10, 2017 10:14 PM

Oct 2014
Soriki said:
zombie_pegasus said:

Is funny how you say that about shorts cause I used to knock out a bunch of average episode count Anime, 12/13/24/26 constantly a few years back when I started. I just have quite a few big ones completed o3o
Believe me when I say "short" I'm not kidding. Some of my completed anime are under a minute long.
Feb 10, 2017 10:38 PM

May 2009
Can just add it without a rating.

Or go by what you remember.
Avatar character is Gabriel from Gabriel DropOut.
Feb 10, 2017 10:46 PM

Jun 2015
Soriki said:
Brb said:

Why the retarded way of talking? That won't earn you points from anyone.

As to why. Check my profile. It would be obvious as to why.
Feb 11, 2017 5:07 AM

Oct 2015
zombie_pegasus said:
Soriki said:

Believe me when I say "short" I'm not kidding. Some of my completed anime are under a minute long.
WAIT WHAT O_o!!!!!

spacefillingkappa:)
Feb 11, 2017 5:09 AM

Oct 2015
Brb said:
Soriki said:

Why the retarded way of talking? That won't earn you points from anyone.

As to why. Check my profile. It would be obvious as to why.
Don't worry I'm not seeking recognition points from random people in MAL ^u^

My talking patterns differ how I feel at the moment. Hope that's not too much of a nuisance.
Feb 11, 2017 5:10 AM

Oct 2015
hnnmilam said:
Well, i joined MAL few months ago, so i know what you feel like. Most of the anime i've watched before i joined MAL isn't on my list, but i think you should try this way if you don't want to rewatch the whole anime: Pick a few episodes, watch them (you can skip not important part), just to remember the story, the feel when you watched them before. Also to evaluate graphics, sound, etc... I think it's enough to rate an anime you watched long time ago.

Ohohohoho! Thanks! This actually makes a lot of sense. I'll try doing this.
Feb 11, 2017 5:15 AM

Feb 2013
If I really love it I give it a 9/10.
I will give it a 10/10 after I re-watch only if it gives me the same feeling as it did the first time I've watched it.

More topics from this board

» A tone shift in anime that you didn't see coming

SmashBlack - Feb 19, 2021

30 by AverageRiceFan »»
22 seconds ago

» Is It Okay to Watch Anime All Day?

RedTea33 - Yesterday

42 by zoeanime13 »»
3 minutes ago

» What is an "ironic weeaboo"?

IdeDial - Today

29 by traed »»
8 minutes ago

» What time in a day do you enjoy watching anime the most?

Rinrinka - Today

47 by Otakupervert890 »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you think fan-animations are shit

Kenzolo-folk - 2 hours ago

4 by Rhae »»
19 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.