Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 3, 2017 7:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Another episode with a mixture of battles and school life.

Wasn't really exciting even with how the girls are able to incorporate a volleyball as part of their training. I think the show is trying to develop the characters more but I can't feel much about them. That's definitely no ordinary volleyball though :o
Feb 3, 2017 8:40 AM

Apr 2010
So the new teacher made another appearance under suspicious circumstances which makes me wonder wether she is an ally or an enemy.
She could just be an observer to see what's going on or she could be testing the girls.

Anyway the girls still have a lot to learn about tactics and teamwork judging from the battles they had.
Feb 3, 2017 10:41 AM

Jun 2007
This series is pretty average.
I can't say it's bad just because I do believe it delivers on what it wants to be doing with the Magical-girl School Life action rubbish.

The O'bli look the same, always. Even when one is suppose to be stronger than the other, there is nothing that makes them stand out.

Volleyball gimmick reminds me of Blitzball from Final Fantasy X, that's all I have to say about that.
Feb 3, 2017 11:05 AM

Jun 2015
That is not ordinary volleyball. Two O'bli interrupted the mock battle, but they got taken out. The girls still needs to learn more on how to work together.
BlackstarFallenFeb 3, 2017 11:10 AM
Feb 3, 2017 12:13 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
what do their scouters say about the kawaii level?

ITS OVER NINE THOOOUUSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNDDDDDD!!!!!!!

ps:

DAT ASS!!!!!
Feb 3, 2017 6:09 PM

Dec 2016
Shame the match ended when it did, I was really enjoying it.

That volleyball tactic was pretty cool.

I really want to know what that mysterious teacher is up to.
Feb 3, 2017 7:55 PM
Dec 2014
Here comes Amane, the carbon copy of a tsundere in this series (not really a fan of her).

I was kinda hoping to see more of Biscuit Sirius in action, notably how quickly/easily they dealt with the other Altair Torte at this point. Actually, I was kinda hoping to see more action full stop.

Stark700 said:
I think the show is trying to develop the characters more but I can't feel much about them.

I reckon that one of the biggest challenge the show faces the sheer number of girls. In the opening sequences, you can see 26 of the 36 playable characters in game. Trying to develop 26 characters in 13 episodes is just unfeasible, and it is looking to me that they are just focussing on Altair Torte, and the leaders of the 3 other teams so far. Which is a shame as some of the teams have characters that are arguably more interesting than the leader.

The two other comment I have about this anime is:

1. They are quite a lot of "Easter eggs" for someone who plays the game. The anime team must be working pretty closely with the game development team. Yes it is quite fun for me to notice some of those things, but it takes up screen time and doesn't add much to the enjoyment of people who can't pick those things up.

2. They are rushing it. In relation to the point I made above, they are actually making many of the regular in-game event into anime event, which, aside from being a bit forced, force them to cram certain details into the anime which I think would be better used developing the characters. Or, if they really had to that, they probably should use more than one episode. Team vs Team to build up experience is frequently used in anime, but usually take several episodes (if not an whole arc) and can be pretty epic, but here they decided to cram multiple battles into one episode with most battle taking place off-screen. Probably all so that they can introduce the "raid" (another in-game event) next week, and use the last few episode to move onto the main story / antagonist(s) - which, I should add, will be pretty rushed if they've only got 6-7 episodes to work with and quite a few new characters to introduce.

ROFLross said:
The O'bli look the same, always.

Appearance and attack wise, I would expect some change at some point, though I don't expect the characteristic to change that much (I could be, and hope to be wrong).
Feb 4, 2017 1:07 AM

Oct 2013
1/5, the first idea with the smoke was the most stupid thing I've ever see.
Feb 4, 2017 7:02 AM

Oct 2012
Titadou said:

Agreed. Especially against a team with wings. Tar would have been much more effective.
And the volleyball idea became way too literal.
Feb 4, 2017 3:33 PM

Jul 2009
Io is the best girl, I am shipping her with the tsun girl!
Feb 4, 2017 4:45 PM

May 2009
Another boring episode, Sensei and Io are last things keeping me with this shitfest
Feb 5, 2017 7:16 AM

Nov 2011
The narrative is more and more ridiculous and is increasingly boring to some extent. The protagonists and the other girls in the cast, they are too nice and cuddly, it is impossible to imagine them struggling in a battle against the monsters already have them not credible. Add to this, even he battles to train, so stupid, comes out of a pretty surreal anime series. Unfortunately, precisely because it is so pretty and moe, I can not help but see it. :P
Feb 5, 2017 7:25 AM
Jun 2013
as a person who played the game for almost a year (still have 1 UR), I can said that the anime adaptation didn't really take the chances to develop the story.. There are a lot of resources that they can adapt from the in-game story.. as for the chara it really felt under develop..

AxBattler said:
2. They are rushing it. In relation to the point I made above, they are actually making many of the regular in-game event into anime event, which, aside from being a bit forced, force them to cram certain details into the anime which I think would be better used developing the characters. Or, if they really had to that, they probably should use more than one episode. Team vs Team to build up experience is frequently used in anime, but usually take several episodes (if not an whole arc) and can be pretty epic, but here they decided to cram multiple battles into one episode with most battle taking place off-screen. Probably all so that they can introduce the "raid" (another in-game event) next week, and use the last few episode to move onto the main story / antagonist(s) - which, I should add, will be pretty rushed if they've only got 6-7 episodes to work with and quite a few new characters to introduce.

I have to agreed on what you said.. but still Amane best girl.. in the game at least...

-The adaptation is not what I hope it will be-
Feb 5, 2017 9:33 PM
Dec 2014
@khairznewtype

Which UR do you have out of curiosity?

It looks to me that they like to throw in little details. Correct me if I am wrong (it has been a while since I played the main story, as I find the Obli Tower more rewarding XP wise), but I don't think that Io was even revealed in the volley ball club until the anime. And right after that episode aired, at the last tokkun in game, they decided to give out the volley ball costumes and memoca, the attack which is sort of replicated in the following (this) episode. While it links the anime to the game and back (suggesting some effort), I would have preferred it if the anime is used to expand or link to the main story (would motivate me to go back to the main story).

As for Amane, I've only unlocked three of her character development (until the confession), but until now, she's comes across as a very typical tsundere and failed to interest me. I much prefer Kagari because of her gradual change from her introduction to 6th unlock (and her banter with Isari).
AxBattlerFeb 5, 2017 9:37 PM
Feb 5, 2017 11:45 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Hmm volleyball eh
Io looks to be pretty talented at it
Though it seems there's one person that doesn't like her

Hmm a team battle eh
Periodic battles against other teams to improve their performance eh
its a good idea though and one thing that you would expect in an organisation
and force like this as there is only so much practice can get you

Lol Terra sensei changing her accent halfway through her briefing
Lol the picture plays though are actually pretty funny
lol guess Io finds's Afros funny given her laughing fit there

My Terra sensei spent a day doing the play while a month with the comedy eh
Satoka seems to be all fired all to be the strongest
and its nice to see the rest of the team is all fired up as well

Lol Io's positivity completely neutralized that girls malice eh
This girl though seems determined to beat Io for some reason though
One on one battles only work when the enemy also fights like that
otherwise its usually a waste of time and can easily lead to enemy's flanking you instead

Hmm trying to outsmart the enemy eh
Io's may be the second in command but she has a pretty keen strategic mind when she puts herself up to it
The match between Altair Torte and Sirius should be interesting

Using fire and smoke eh
Lol Yuumi's name for her plan though is so long
But fighting against angels though who can control wind at will with their wings
you are still lacking lol

As expected of the strongest team really
what the team needs to do is build their teamwork and coordination with each other which something that they lack at the moment

Lol Yuumi in a military uniform really does fit the part of a strategist
lol Mana being such close friends with Io would know the most about her i guess

Guess that the star match of this episode will be the match with Procyon pudding eh. Amane though keeps getting stymied by Io's positive attitude lol.

Lol using a spike ball and teamwork to take out the flanking element eh
smart move there
Wow Amane managed to stay calm there despite being surprised
Lol by seeing all of her matches Amane was not just merely passing by

Hmm and an enemy attack happens in the middle of the match eh
Since practice weapons won't work this will be trouble
Lol using explosive volleyballs as combat weapons eh
it also seems that we get to see a glimpse of the villain for this anime at last

Despite Amane being a tsundere she and her team are pretty powerful
too bad that the battle's results were voided because of the battle though
But it seems that Amane's attitude towards Io is not as confrontational since she did just save her and well save each other
It's cute watching Amane be embarrassed when Io is being polite to her though

Pretty fun episode this week with the main theme being teamwork
Watching Yuumi's tactics backfire despite their best efforts was quite funny
Using fire and smoke against angels will never work as they can alter the wind at will with their wings. The subplot with Amane and Io though was pretty funny because she was such a tsudere. But man using the concepts of volleyball to teach the team teamwork was an ingenious method.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Feb 11, 2017 6:59 PM

Oct 2008
Tsundere girl Amane from Team Procyin Pudding has a crush on Io Yaginuma!...how sweet!
3/5.

Feb 12, 2017 2:19 PM

Apr 2014
great ep especially loved it because of the Io x Amane pair was cute and hoping for more of it in eps to come
"one step at a time"
Feb 12, 2017 10:15 PM
Dec 2016
Titadou said:

And that tsundere girl were so stupid.

Dropped the show.
Feb 25, 2017 3:32 PM

Feb 2013
Filler, but I did laugh at the machine-gun to the Obli-crotch!

They sure like shower scenes in this anime.
Apr 27, 2017 8:47 AM

Apr 2011
Meh episode. Using smoke screen was facepalm worthy. Definitely stupid idea.
Jun 11, 2021 9:44 AM

Feb 2020
That was an unusual volleyball match.

Amane is your typical red-haired tsundere. She's cute. :) And it seems she has a crush on Io. Aww. <3

Terra-sensei looked hot in her sports outfit.

Altair Torte
Coconut Vega
Biscuit Sirius
Procyon Pudding

Those team names are quite funny btw.

That mysterious teacher appeared again. I want to know what's she's up to.

SerafosDec 9, 2023 12:42 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 31, 2017

37 by Destroyer31 »»
Aug 15, 2023 8:06 AM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

17 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

18 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

12 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.