Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 31, 2017 8:54 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The finale got slightly freaky.

Literally fighting a being that resembles a twisted goddess.

I thought the fight itself felt weird. A lot of mind games going on and actions here and there. Pretty predictable ending as well. Everyone's lives just moves on after that conflict. Meh.
Mar 31, 2017 9:39 AM

Apr 2010
Well ok ending i guess, it was a bit obvious.
Anyway it's nice to say Tsubame finally transfer into the school despite being there for a long time already.
And she accepted her fate.
The cat proved the be the decisive factor, always knew something was up with that cat it got to much screen time.
And Odir become honest with her feelings as well.
Mar 31, 2017 10:08 AM

Sep 2015
That cat such a boss. Anyway according to Morgana, Odile's released power is another posibility she can evolve to. The boss Cat might have the same element as Morgana. Thou in the end, we don't know where Odile and Cat got their power from the start.
Mar 31, 2017 10:24 AM

Jun 2015
Decent finale. The fight was okay. Everyone did good. Odile got more powerful by releasing her true feelings. Tsubame got sucked into another dimension, but the cat saved her. That was odd.
Mar 31, 2017 12:05 PM

Aug 2016
Pretty avarage anime, nothing too special. 6.5/10
Nanika ga Okashii
Mar 31, 2017 12:13 PM

Jun 2011
Tsubame better offer her pussy to the pussy for saving her pussy not once, but twice.
I wish Cowboy Bebop never existed.
Mar 31, 2017 1:08 PM

Jul 2013
The cat was the best character of the series.
And MAL still has this as airing when it has been already ended, lmao.
Mar 31, 2017 2:14 PM

Mar 2008
Yeah, not being able to mark as completed is not working well with my OCD tendencies...
>Ecchi na no wa ikenai to omoimasu!<
Mar 31, 2017 2:44 PM

Apr 2014
it was good for what it was i enjoyed it and also started playing the game because of this which what the anime was truly made for so yeah was a good watch
"one step at a time"
Mar 31, 2017 2:53 PM

Sep 2015
the epitome of generic. definitely one of the worst anime this season.... 3/10

Mar 31, 2017 3:43 PM

Dec 2016
That was an unusual ending.

Definitely wasn't expecting that cat to appear from nowhere and save the day.

Seemed kind random. Unless the cat is actually a human in disguise.
Mar 31, 2017 3:54 PM

Apr 2012
Cat x machina.

Well the anime wasn't too bad, I guess. 6/10.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Mar 31, 2017 4:50 PM

May 2015
Honestly, glad that this show is over. Boring from start to end.

4/10.

Mar 31, 2017 5:30 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
one of my favorites this season, gonna miss it, so kawaii and hot xD
Mar 31, 2017 7:06 PM

Jan 2011
Girls were cute all i can say was my guilty pleasure of the season, somehow this wasn't the worse this season and when it wasn't taking it self seriously i got some laughs everything else was pretty average.

6/10
Mar 31, 2017 8:18 PM

Jan 2013
MAL being nitwits again....
Mar 31, 2017 8:41 PM

Jan 2011
Sad to see such decent animation wasted on such a shit show
Apr 1, 2017 5:24 AM
Nov 2015
damn the score increased a hella huge amount after ep 13 aired
Apr 1, 2017 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
I thought that the final would be with closing formula, rather it suggests that there may be a very small chance that the rest, oh well! Unfortunately, the final still fails to give clear and complete answers, but still all a bit vague. The final battle, is not one of the best, cute range, but nothing more. What I liked right away is the pose of the characters given the demands of their work, so let's call it, without asking unnecessary whining or making bigger problems than they were; I really liked their philosophy of life. Just a shame that the rest was mediocre, at best. More than the opening, I loved the ending, and I appreciated backgrounds.

6/10
Apr 1, 2017 11:14 AM

Jul 2009
This started very good and it got lost in the last episodes, what a shame...
Io is the best girl! 6/10
bittersweetloveApr 2, 2017 6:28 AM
Apr 1, 2017 1:20 PM

May 2009
Series was boring as fuck, but surprisingly, there were some really nicely animated fights.I guess same animators as in Taboo Tattoo and DanMachi.
Apr 1, 2017 8:08 PM

Oct 2008
it was okayish.
Odile is really on a level of her own.
They defeated Morgana and then went back to parallel world!?
4/5.
6/10.

Apr 1, 2017 9:29 PM
Dec 2014
Well I am kind of the opposite of @bittersweetlove in that I found the series slightly better in the last two episodes. Though that might have to do with my lowered expectations after each episodes. There are a bunch of stuff I wasn't too fond of in this episodes, notably how the Origami sisters got in and out of Morgana's control that easily, but I suppose that they couldn't have a drawn out fight in the number of episodes this series has.

But the biggest issue is that the series put too much efforts into easter eggs that those who do not play the game wouldn't notice / understand the relevance, instead of really developing the characters and a well paced story with the slightest of suspense (most of the time, things are revealed within minutes, rarely lasting until the next episodes).

I think that what I liked the most, is hearing more lines from the VA of the game characters.

LukesYGOonYT said:
Unless the cat is actually a human in disguise.

@valvravetruth @BlackstarFallen @Kotori_Sonoda and anyone wondering about the cat (minor spoiler of the first few min of the game).

AxBattlerApr 3, 2017 8:10 AM
Apr 3, 2017 5:42 AM

Jan 2011
If there's like button push, I will push x100 it on @AxBattler reply.
Apr 3, 2017 6:27 AM

Aug 2008
The finale was 9/10.
But the rest was 5/10.
Honestly, I rated this show overall as 6/10.
The show had a clean start but somehow went downhill along the middle parts because at that point, this show doesn't know whether it wants to be outright slice of life or retain its action girl genre. Good thing the last 2-3 episodes became a bit more serious and made the anime decent to watch. But honestly, they should've made it way earlier instead of the boring episodes. That would've made the anime way more better.
"Everyone wears their own panties inside their heart" - Kousaku Hata

Apr 3, 2017 7:00 AM
Shingster

Jun 2015
And so this wacky series finally comes to an end

Who would have thought that Fifth force and Odile would work together to stop Morgana and rescue Tsubame though. But the threat of Morgana who can transport Ob'li to the real world is far too real for this not to happen i guess. Fifth force really has their hands full defending both the real world and dealing with Morgana as well. But this sets the stage for the final battle and let us see each of the teams as they do their best to protect the world. Im surprised that the members of fifth force can still fight outside of the parallel dimension though but this is paired with a sense of mortality though as dying here would mean permadeath for them. Nice to see that they still retain their determination to protect people though. An attack on the school that serves as Fifth forces's main base sure is bold move on Morgana's part though. And Tierra finally realizes what Tsubame's words meant. That Tsubamae is actually from the future where everything was lost. Lol who would have thought that the fish print painting of the Obl'i that they caught at the lake was the gateway into the parallel world. The longer that they dally the more risk there will be for the other teams that are fighting hard to protect the world from the unending amounts of obl'i that are flooding in.

It would make sense that Morgana would use an unmapped location as the location of her home base though. Now that we know where Morgana's base is Tsubame's friends and team mates can finally move in and rescue her. Lol the team, Odile and the sisters what a strange combo but they all have one common enemy so it makes sense for them to all fight together. Meanwhile things in the real world really are escalating eh. The fact that Tsubame is tied to the monster does complicate things but its nice to see Io level headed as she is coming up with a strategy that fast though. Guess that monster isn't there for show lol. Its laser eyes look pretty powerful. Using the three sisters to distract it while the team moves in smart thinking. Lol even Odile's helping. But man for it to be able to spawn weapon emplacements on its body as well that monster sure is unpredictable. Guess just reaching her would trigger the monsters attacks as well eh. It would make sense for Morgana to be inside that thing i guess. So Morgana was originally one of the scientists that while working with Odile's father that wanted to use the power of the fifth particle that much eh. In a way Morgana and Tsubame are pretty similar in that both tried to alter reality though different in terms of intentions. Though in the use of Tsubame she used her powers to go back in time to ensure that the future is not repeated rather than the willful and reckless reason that Morgana did. That would explain why Morgana would find Tsubame so interesting.

Hmm mind control eh But turning the sisters against Io and the others sure was a twist.
Lol and Odile saves the day again. Its nice the sisters who as a result of their upbringing were unable to make any friends were able to thanks to meeting fifth force and odile though. The same can be said of Odile as well who was focused on her fathers last wishes. It was nice to see the sisters stand up to Morgana though having realized that the people that had helped them in the real world was the ones that they should be helping and not you who just used them. Lol even Odile managed to find and discover her true self now as well. That was cool. The teamwork that they all shown in that final battle really was impressive. Its nice to see that they all managed to understand each other and become friends though. Friendship is a powerful thing and can face down the steepest odds that are thrown up against you. Ah their ultimate move was that volleyball one. Lol its funny that it was that move that was ultimate move though. Hmm though they were successful its too bad that Morgana's parting gift took Tsubame from them though.

Then again since Tsubame isn't from that period in time its only appropriate i guess.
Hmm so the cat was a special character all along eh and in this he finally helped by bringing Tsubame back to the past. Lol its funny seeing Tsubame explain to the members of Fifth force though. Bit its nice that at least Tsubame made it back and that things ended on a happy note.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Apr 3, 2017 8:55 AM
Dec 2014
FalloutShounen3 said:
this show doesn't know whether it wants to be outright slice of life or retain its action girl genre.

That probably got to do with the source material which had elements of VN in the main story (e.g. the encounter with the Origami sisters and Odile), GDCT (side missions similar to the Yeti hunt episode, as and interactions between girls), action girl (through new memoca, the girls in the game get far, far, far more badass than ever shown in the anime and dating sim (by levelling up the girls in combat, or giving them stuff, they get closer to the PC).

It.. actually works in my opinion. I mean, it's by not by any mean Square Enix's most epic story by far, and there is very little game play, but it's okay as a mobile game. In a 26 episodes anime, I think that having the GDCT/SoL components to build the characters, then throwing them into actions could've worked. But in 13 episodes, I agree that it would have been better if they were more focussed.
AxBattlerApr 3, 2017 8:59 AM
Apr 4, 2017 8:12 AM
Mar 2012
Pacing could've been normalized better. At some point it stopped being absolutely boring, then very late went into rushed infodump mode. Animation in fights were great, unfortunately most weak repetitive monsters dampened excitement, and they ran out of budget on some last ep cuts.
Build up & reveal of morgana, Tsubame & cat were alright, tho most times dialogue was so bland it makes Angevierge seem like Shakespeare.
Apr 4, 2017 12:15 PM

Mar 2012
decent finale for a bad show

score 4/10 > 5/10
Apr 5, 2017 7:56 PM

Feb 2013
It just wasn't my jam....but it was cute....and had it's moments.....and it didn't suck....

6/10
Apr 6, 2017 4:08 PM

Feb 2013
The final battle had a few quality shots, visually speaking.

3/10 .. not sure why I didn't drop this..
Apr 15, 2017 7:03 AM

Dec 2012
I didn't understand all the second part of the ending. It seems that the anime was made for the fan that already played the game.

Anyway, it was average from the beginning to the end. The mix of cute girls and the phases of actions didn't work in this anime. I just couldn't get interesting by the story.
But the Obli were good monsters.

Apr 27, 2017 6:41 PM

Feb 2014
Odile!!! FTW

5/10
Apr 29, 2017 10:58 AM
Jul 2008
the animation is great but the story is just decent.
many things are not properly explained..

1. Where did Sachiko's dad go? I thought he was the cat but turned out it's not..(AxBattler's spoiler).
2. What Sachiko actually is? Morgana was going to mention that she's 'something' but got interupted. Why she can hit Morgana who has 100% dodge skill?
3. Morgana joined school to find Tsubame? Why did she need those 3 sisters in the first place? Isn't that because she can't act freely in that world? If she's so great, Morgana's actions were really questionable just like the detective said.
4. Who's Tierra actually? Time administrator? Why such organization that has such advanced technology only managed by one person? She was also shown as a researcher before?

I don't like how they nerfed Morgana so badly. Almost no one can hit her so the story writer put Morgana into big doll to become a sandbag.
I also don't like how they emphasize that the cat had been 'stalking' the girls after new teacher entered the school, but in the end it turned out the cat has the ability to cross dimension itself.

AxBattler said:
Well I am kind of the opposite of @bittersweetlove in that I found the series slightly better in the last two episodes. Though that might have to do with my lowered expectations after each episodes. There are a bunch of stuff I wasn't too fond of in this episodes, notably how the Origami sisters got in and out of Morgana's control that easily, but I suppose that they couldn't have a drawn out fight in the number of episodes this series has.

But the biggest issue is that the series put too much efforts into easter eggs that those who do not play the game wouldn't notice / understand the relevance, instead of really developing the characters and a well paced story with the slightest of suspense (most of the time, things are revealed within minutes, rarely lasting until the next episodes).

I think that what I liked the most, is hearing more lines from the VA of the game characters.

LukesYGOonYT said:
Unless the cat is actually a human in disguise.

@valvravetruth @BlackstarFallen @Kotori_Sonoda and anyone wondering about the cat (minor spoiler of the first few min of the game).

I don't know why you need to spoiler that.
I thought the cat was Sachiko's dad, at the last moment he decided to become a Morgana and reversed the time..
Apr 30, 2017 11:33 AM
Dec 2014
LeonLanford said:
I don't know why you need to spoiler that.
I thought the cat was Sachiko's dad, at the last moment he decided to become a Morgana and reversed the time..

Well people can have fun guessing, but if they want to know who the cat is in the source material, they can open the spoiler tag. Although, given that I don't know if the anime can be considered canon as there is a mix of things present and absent in the game, and in the absence of a second season clarifying it (I doubt we'll see one as the anime wasn't really successful in Japan), you could still see it as anyone's guess as the anime may opt to make the cat a different entity from the one in the source material.
Nov 26, 2017 4:00 PM

Aug 2016
Pretty okay anime, animation was good, characters were decent, voice actors were... Well.. Mediocre if I'm honest. Though not really sure I fully understand what happened in the last two episodes. Would rewatch it sometime to try and get it more but don't really care enough bout the series to do that. Don't know if it's just me but I think they could've tried explaining the end a bit better..

Also was surprised the random fishing episode actually had some relevance and wasn't there for shits and giggles
Jun 11, 2021 2:37 PM

Feb 2020
Well, it was a decent finale, but the story felt confusing in the last two episodes.

Overall, I think this was a good anime. Cute cast, great animation, cool battle scenes, and some relaxing slice of life moments. And the most important thing: Boss! =^_^= One of the most important factors of the story.

SerafosDec 10, 2023 4:23 AM
Aug 15, 2023 8:06 AM
Des31

Oct 2020
I don't get it with the character build up when I thought the short hair will be the mc but it's not and then it keep appearing a new character that made me more confuse, how come they're more stronger then the mc group especially the black knight thing, I really don't know how to describe it so 5/10 for me

More topics from this board

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 12 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 24, 2017

17 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 2:01 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 11 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 17, 2017

18 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 1:33 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 10 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 10, 2017

12 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:49 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Mar 3, 2017

13 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 12:19 PM

Poll: » Schoolgirl Strikers: Animation Channel Episode 8 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 24, 2017

16 by Serafos »»
Jun 11, 2021 11:44 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.