Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Mar 8, 2008 6:44 AM
Jun 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Oh...oh...oh wow.

I'm speechless in awe of how superb this episode was.

The fight, the animation, the voice acting, the music, oh oh oh oh oh...OH!

Mar 8, 2008 6:52 AM

Feb 2008
meh, i was disapointed with this one.. although the fight scenes were sustained.
Mar 8, 2008 7:13 AM

Aug 2007
Fighting scenes were good, Shirauki was great, the rest was ratter meh.

Btw wasn't Tsukune hit in the back or something in the last episode? ;D
And how the hell Gin got Ruby from the sea if he was on a bus? ;D
StaticMar 8, 2008 7:23 AM
Mar 8, 2008 10:09 AM
Jan 2008
was pretty good. Nice to see a fight that didn't end with 1 kick and lasted longer then 1 minute.

BTW ppl whats so great about Shirauki? to me she's just like the other 2.
Mar 8, 2008 10:45 AM

Aug 2007
That was epic though it was different from the manga. This made me change my opinion of it.
Mar 8, 2008 11:42 AM

Jan 2008
This was so different from the manga
Mar 8, 2008 12:18 PM

Jan 2008
Pretty good episode, a lot different then the manga however. I was also wondering how Tsukune was alright after getting gashed in the back like that last episode.
Mar 8, 2008 1:11 PM

Jan 2008
DeMoNHuNtEr said:
I was also wondering how Tsukune was alright after getting gashed in the back like that last episode.

True lol, he looked like he was gonna die at the end of the last episode but then he was ok, as if nothing happened at the beginning of this one! o.O
Mar 8, 2008 1:56 PM

Nov 2007
That fight was awesome! I knew substituting fanservice for violence was a bad idea :P But when will we see ghouls?
Mar 8, 2008 2:04 PM

Aug 2007
lol the bat has been getting owned recently. The closeups of the wet t-shirts... o_o
Mar 8, 2008 3:48 PM

Aug 2007
They gave us some hope that it'd actually follow the manga in episode 9... and then crush that hope so easily in episode 10... looks like we actually do have to wait till the very last episode.
Mar 8, 2008 8:33 PM

Dec 2007
I thought it was astonishingly...average. The fight scene wasn't really anything special in my opinion. This is probably going to end in the typical harem ending by the look of things.
Mar 8, 2008 8:38 PM

Jul 2007
This was a very, very poorly done episode. I mean, the 23 minutes of animation itself were actually decent and enjoyable.. but wtf with the creators not being able to make up their minds on whether to follow the manga or not. Either of the choices is good, but both together isn't working out imo.
In episode9 we saw Tsukune getting owned in the back.. showing a glimpse of manga story in a "better late than never" kind of way. In episode10 everything of ep9 was forgotten and .. well, just a new story tailored around it.
The end was poor as well, half from the manga, but half not from the manga because the necessary part was left out in earlier chapters/episodes.

Ah but at least we got lots of boobies and panties and loli zettai ryouiki.. desu! $$
AwesmoeMar 8, 2008 8:43 PM
Mar 9, 2008 6:52 AM

Dec 2007
So, not only did they dig a plot hole almost big enough to swallow the whole series, but they also threw in a few more just for good measure (I counted five), and almost made Ruby into a Norman Bates clone. Definately some issues with this one.

And all after giving us such high hopes with the end of episode 9. It makes me wonder just what exactly they're planning to do from here.
Mar 10, 2008 3:10 PM

Apr 2007
I watched the episode and realised how much it "sucked". Even though I don't read manga (read only like 2 manga so far) i decided to read this one. Oh boy how different it was. Manga has a story. A very good story. Anime is just taking random chapters and butchering everything else. I really never thought i would say this but manga is like 1000x better than the anime.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not another manga fanboy, i love anime more than manga becuse of the animation, sound and the overall feeling etc (and thats why i only read like 2-3 mangas) but this show is a perfect example of how things can go sooo wrong.

Why did they butcher the anime ? I mean they had the material for at least 20episodes even if they took and made 2 manga chapters into 1 episode.

I'm speechless...
Mar 10, 2008 6:47 PM

May 2007
How come the animation quality went all Gurren Lagann? I just wasn't feeling this episode.
Mar 10, 2008 8:06 PM

Jan 2008
Well, the general complaint through out the season has been the Formulaic episodes. This one broke the been the Formulaic episodes. This one broke the form wide open. For that alone it gets props. the Fight was the best so far from this anime.
Mar 11, 2008 8:55 AM

Sep 2007
Once again this just feels so wrong...
Mar 11, 2008 9:38 AM

Sep 2007
If you can ignore the fact that they totally changed the story and the fight, this episode was very nice...

I hope the Anime watchers only will now start to read the Manga xD
TrineasMar 11, 2008 9:44 AM

Mar 11, 2008 9:49 AM

Jan 2008
kamelon said:
DeMoNHuNtEr said:
I was also wondering how Tsukune was alright after getting gashed in the back like that last episode.

True lol, he looked like he was gonna die at the end of the last episode but then he was ok, as if nothing happened at the beginning of this one! o.O

I also thought it was rather strange. On the last episode they focused on that surprise attack, all the blood and his eyes, as if he was going to die, but I can't believe they fixed it up right away and he was running and dashing as nothing happened...

But then it had a lot of action, as usual they kinda overdid it with the fan service, but it was good (finally a long fight!).
Mar 11, 2008 12:33 PM

Jan 2007
Enjoyed the episode i guess. Certainly above average for this anime.
Mar 11, 2008 1:09 PM

Jun 2007
mh.. that episode was quite good for rosario means

Tentacles
Not only hentai has them.
Mar 11, 2008 1:11 PM

Jul 2007
Static said:
Fighting scenes were good, Shirauki was great, the rest was ratter meh.

Btw wasn't Tsukune hit in the back or something in the last episode? ;D
And how the hell Gin got Ruby from the sea if he was on a bus? ;D

yeah those are some pretty weird plot wholes. the writers must be on crack. and i never realized i'd get tired of panty shots after this episode.

and answering the shirayuki question about why most people like her than the other two(well just a speculation and from my own preference also), many people prefer the "silent moe" type rather than the big boobed/flat chested loli archetypes so there :P

i do prefer shirayuki also compared to the other 2, just like i'd rather much prefer yuki nagato as compared to mikuru(in haruhi) etc etc. :P plus her ice powers are cool!
Mar 11, 2008 3:07 PM

Oct 2007
AnimusNathan said:
Oh...oh...oh wow.

I'm speechless in awe of how superb this episode was.

The fight, the animation, the voice acting, the music, oh oh oh oh oh...OH!

Is that sarcasm because I thought the episode was so badly done that it was hilarious. The terrible animation and all the excess fanservice made me think I was watching a hentai anime (>_<).

This anime has lost all hope in redeeming itself. ^_^
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 11, 2008 5:26 PM

Nov 2007
im all for the pantsu shots and what not i and seriouly disapointed because i wanted to see tsukune to

I signed my screen and now its all smeary "When you meet your God tell him to leave me alone."

check out my bloghttp://corpse69.wordpress.com/

fix MAL already
Mar 11, 2008 7:35 PM

May 2007
Yeah well this show is lackluster on credibility and making sense but fighting scenes in this episode was no doubt extraordinary. I'm quite surprised with the animation. I'm cool with Vampire Moka struggling, lovely Mizore, some Magical Lyrical loli, booby succubus, and lots of pantsu.
Mar 11, 2008 9:48 PM
Aug 2007
Well... at least this ep broke free from the episodic nature of all the previous ones. Still it felt like it jumped all over the place and despite it's okay animated fights it couldn't really catch my attention. So a meh from me. :/ Also I was disappointed to see that Tsukune didn't die in the previous episode. xP

Shirayuki was <3 as usual though. :)
Mar 12, 2008 12:49 AM

Jun 2007
well this episode felt like it was done by a whole different script writer lol. So much more action and less fan service.

I was really disappointed with how they didn't explain how Tsukune was ok after nearly dieing. As someone that hasn't read the manga I cant peace things together like you guys can. So I felt a little jipped when we see him back to normal after nearly dieing.
Mar 12, 2008 3:53 AM

Sep 2007
those who read the manga will agree when I say that this was again a failure.. the fight itself was pretty weak and you don't get to see the real psycho master.
And it looks like they intend on keeping tsukune a wimp for the entire series..

Mar 12, 2008 6:44 AM

Nov 2007
kinda disappointed with this ep, i mean the massive plot holes, ruining Rubi's charachter (i mean her story in the manga was kinda depressing, but here, she just seems twisted more than earning pity)

don't even recall them referring to the her parents in the anime, which was one of the reasons she sided with Tsukune's group, and what was the point of the whole switching Rubi & the Master around, and somehow making the master die in the anime?

really don't get what the anime creators were thinking lol

Mar 14, 2008 10:42 AM

Feb 2008
I'm not going to offend you guys, but it's just that why do you always speak of it negatively. We all know that it was REALLY poorly done. We know it sucked. We know it is cracked! But, instead of being bad tripped in the show, can we just enjoy it? LOL!

This is the first time I've seen an anime that has fighting scenes and panty shots in one roll. Also, wet clothes! What's more you can enjoy?

Yeah, yeah. The manga is better, and this anime version really took it up and made a crap out of it. But, I really don't care what the producers are thinking. They're the one who's wasting their money producing it; and I'm just enjoying their show!

You can really took all the bad things and throw it to them like this show really is the worst if you pay them for making this. But, you're not, right?

Then, there's only one conclusion. Just enjoy this sucked freaking badass show!

And no offense! ^_^ Just want to enjoy it.

(by the way, I'm starting to read the manga since it has BETTER storyline than this all-over-around-the-world-rotating-like-it-has-no-center-point anime production)
Mar 15, 2008 5:20 PM

Nov 2007
yeah if you read the manga this episode could of been so much better. the master being dead was such a let down and tsukune magically being ok after last episode. sigh.
Mar 15, 2008 10:53 PM

Aug 2007
lol. I can see where you guys are coming from, but this is the best episode of the series so far... which isn't saying much. -.-

Give them props for breaking the formula... after 9 episodes.

Felli disapproves of this thread.
Mar 16, 2008 4:47 PM

Dec 2007
I watched episode 10 last night. Awesome fight scenes so far. Lots of pantyshots and fanservice. I'm very disappointed that they skipped the cliffhanger of Tsukune being dead and Moka changing with the rosary thing still attatched. What I heard from some forum, Tsukune was supposed to be transforming to into ghoul/vampire but nothing. Even worse, this epiosde didn't follow to the manga. Great episode, though.

Oh, a vampire was supposed to be the strongest creature, yet she was getting owned by Ruby.
Mar 17, 2008 3:14 AM

Jun 2007
i haven't read the manga but this episode was definitely one of the better ones. I was starting to get bored of the same routine every episode follows.
Mar 17, 2008 2:04 PM

Dec 2007
To the person who asked, I have no idea why I like Shirayuki. She's just...adorable, for some strange reason. Moreso than loli witch girl, who pushes the adorable factor so far it loops around and she becomes (just slightly) annoying, what with all the "desu"-ness. Shirayuki also gives the episodes that much-needed non-intentional humor with her spaced-out-ness and random comments. :D

As far as this episode goes though...not impressed. I liked it better when they were doing the fanservice/joke-y thing, since at least THAT they were good at. The way they pussed out and skipped to after they'd healed Tsukune and the fight at the end of 9 was over, the way they boosted Ruby to this stupidly ridiculous threat (she held Moka way too often for a villain that would only BE a villain for like, one episode)...

The animation was crappy (I noticed! A first!), and the plotholes way too noticeable. Once again, I'd really rather they used this new setting for comedy/fanservice purposes, which would've at least been a lot less half-assed. :D

Jumping in Headfirst - I hear reading it causes immortality. Warning. Reading may not actually cause immortality.
Mar 18, 2008 5:30 PM

Sep 2007
lol, plot holes.

I think I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys the anime (no, I haven't read the manga), but these past two episodes had a completely different tone than the rest of the series. Probably my least favorite so far. le sigh...
Mar 19, 2008 2:24 PM

Mar 2007
People should remember that this is an anime only discussion and the manga spoilers should be kept elsewhere. For the episode I thought the pacing was quite horrible, it in a sense might have been better than the rest of the series but I really don't think it's a good idea to change the style suddenly this far in, especially because it had no real shock value and it didn't really have much of a greater plot in it either.
Mar 19, 2008 2:51 PM

Sep 2007
sitha said:
People should remember that this is an anime only discussion and the manga spoilers should be kept elsewhere. For the episode I thought the pacing was quite horrible, it in a sense might have been better than the rest of the series but I really don't think it's a good idea to change the style suddenly this far in, especially because it had no real shock value and it didn't really have much of a greater plot in it either.

Well, we don't intend to spoil, we just want to make sure that people won't reduce R+V on Fanservice etc.

Mar 25, 2008 2:37 PM

Nov 2007
At last some good action...Loved this episode,if the whole series was like this,more ppl would like it =/
Mar 26, 2008 7:34 AM

Mar 2008
The infight animation style was kind of weird.

It was one one of the better episodes so far, but I really don't know why I am still watching this.

I kind of like most characters, but that's really all.
May 4, 2008 7:07 AM
Oct 2007
Woah moka didn't kick ass for a change

Guess witches really are the most powerful
May 11, 2008 3:09 AM

Feb 2008
The only good thing abut this episode were the fights. Other than that, the episode was just meh =/
May 12, 2008 11:27 AM

Nov 2007
Wet shirts! O///O
May 22, 2008 1:51 PM

Mar 2008
Best episode yet..
May 23, 2008 9:31 AM

May 2008
even if doesn't follow the manga that much, if all episodes where as good as this one then this anime would've definatly been one of my top 10.
Jul 16, 2008 11:32 AM

Jun 2008
I thought this episode was great. However, I was a little confused that Tsukune wasn't hurt at the beginning of this episode. After it looked like he was going to die in episode 9, I was a little annoyed that they didn't elaborate on his recovery. Since I have not read the manga, maybe it explains it more thoroughly in there? I like this series, yet it seems like every episode leaves something to be desired. More substance, perhaps? XD
Oct 1, 2008 8:08 AM

Jan 2008
The way everyone reacted when Ruby woke up and told them she had been defending herself by killing people was so f*cking stupid. They were talking about it as if the humans have every right to destroy the witches home and the witches have no right to defend themselves.

From the witches point of view it's like this:
Imagine you are at home and you have a gun, suddenly a some strangers with chainsaws, axes and the like barge in and start to destroy your house.
Would you:
A. Shoot at them and try to make them stop
B. Just let them destroy your house and move somewhere else

Should anyone really blame the witches for choosing A? The main characters instantly started screaming "You evil witch, of course you shouldn't defend you home, just move away!" .
Then Ruby walks away thinking they are right and some really sickly-sweet music plays while transparent images of the gang shows in the sky.
WTF! How stupid can someone possibly be?! That was just so evil!
Oct 20, 2008 5:13 PM

Aug 2008
*sigh* Why can't they just stick with the damned manga. I love the manga but it's so sad to see them do this to it.
Jun 30, 2009 12:39 PM

Jul 2008
hehe kurumu and yukari kinda reminds me of legolas and gimli^^;
woah but it was suprising good this ep. at least finally one who was a match for moka.

Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Trineas - Mar 27, 2008

144 by notorietyfour »»
Apr 13, 10:12 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Jan 10, 2008

101 by notorietyfour »»
Apr 13, 12:04 AM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

radiantfire - Jan 3, 2008

141 by Mortimm »»
Apr 7, 8:59 PM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

radiantfire - Jan 31, 2008

60 by thegirlmystic »»
Mar 31, 8:57 PM

Poll: » Rosario+Vampire Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Trineas - Feb 14, 2008

75 by Inexplicable »»
Dec 19, 2023 2:04 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.