Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Jan 26, 2017 1:19 PM

Dec 2015
Now I know why people might have tagged it "Harem" ha ha. A 3rd girl arriving and she seems to just like the main without a reason and he doesn't even push her away. Hopefully he pushes her away and tells her that he likes Adagaki (so she doesn't get the wrong idea).

Would really be bad if they destroyed the progress (like some other people mentioned) and took more than 1-2 episodes to build it back up. Would be best if that girl stayed in the background. Maybe next episode a bit more focus on her and after that less screentime. She seems not interesting and seems to be the annoying type of personality. (3rd ranked after the other 2)
Jan 26, 2017 1:21 PM

Aug 2013
I actually like Adagaki a lot. This cliffhanger is a bad sign to the future story. The build up was awesome, and now, 3rd girl...
Anyway best episode for now.

Dizzee said:
Well this just turned into Nisekoi 2.0 :D

Pretty much my thoughts.
Not that I don't like Nisekoi, but I don't want to see it in this setting...
rsc-plJan 26, 2017 1:24 PM
Dub = fake crap. Always.
Jan 26, 2017 1:49 PM

Aug 2016
Lol girls HATE to be ignored. Always works.
Jan 26, 2017 1:51 PM

Nov 2016
Really enjoying this. Tied with Little Witch Academia for AOTS so far.
Jan 26, 2017 1:52 PM

Nov 2011
Episode 4 really did it for me...like my feelings for the show in the beginning was like "You fuck these assholes" now my feelings are basically an emotional roller coaster
It's coming into it's own as an anime which I like, and hopefully the rumors of the manga taking a shit aren't true because I like the direction they are going in
Am I starting to like Aki now?!?! WTF?!?!
Also the soundtrack is on point
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Jan 26, 2017 2:06 PM
Jun 2016
How come when Aki dropped the umbrella on the floor it wasn't there when she was blocking Masamune's way?

Masamune always talks to himself like 2 seconds after an awkward encounter that has to do with his plan lol. The part that really got to me was when he started talking to the other girl with short hair right after Aki runs away

Good episode nonetheless
Jan 26, 2017 2:20 PM

Dec 2013
Just when I thought things were progressing extremely well that ending happens.

I really like the comedic interaction with Yoshino
Jan 26, 2017 2:30 PM
Jan 2013

smh best character doesn't even make an appearance this episode ;(
Jan 26, 2017 2:32 PM

Dec 2013
If I just think of it as your tears, getting soaked by the rain isn't so bad.

Lol, I died... just lol.
Jan 26, 2017 2:39 PM

Dec 2016
A wild love rival has appeared!
Jan 26, 2017 2:41 PM
Trickster

Jun 2011
Masamune's voice actor was on point this episode. COME OOON!

This episode had a lot of great development. And as much as I hate to say it, Aki was pretty darn cute.

A solid episode this week.
Jan 26, 2017 2:49 PM
Sep 2016
bastek66 said:
And here comes Neko and ruins whole progress for long time.

JumBoRGiNo said:
How do u all watch it so quickly? raw? it aint even out yet on crunchyroll (10min from now)

He obviously watched it live.

Hey man, let's just hope they tweak the story a bit in the anime. Maybe Neko may have a purpose this time around.
Jan 26, 2017 3:36 PM

Jan 2017
Farabeuf said:
As much as I dislike them as characters (he's a liar and she's very harsh and overbearing to others), I have to say that i was really rooting hard for them to get together. That new girl is going to be trouble i bet.

Yah, I'm really rooting for them as well. I'm sure that new girl is going to be trouble, I hope it doesn't go the harem route that would be disappointing -.-
And she's very Christian, I wonder how that will play out lol

ichii_1 said:
Some chick randomly shows up and ruins aki-sama's moment for forced drama.

"disgust intensifies"

Couldn't have said it better myself.
EluthenaJan 26, 2017 3:39 PM
Jan 26, 2017 3:57 PM

Feb 2008
Man, I am all for romantic triangles but after three episodes, I kind of grew into Adagaki's character. Now this new girl shows out of nowhere to mess things up.

Can't wait for the cliché arc coming up.
"Manga readers are annoying, all they do is complain or spoil the anime we discuss in an anime forum. They should really do their whining at manga forums."

Stolen from Janethan23. Add in visual novel readers too
Jan 26, 2017 3:57 PM

Apr 2016
This show is turning out a lot better than I thought it'd be. Have to say I'm not sure why people are so irritated by the appearance of Christian Girl; you didn't really think it'd be that easy, did you? This is episode four. I expect even bigger roadblocks ahead.

I'd say the biggest potential problem with this show is just what the premise implies is going to happen. Every story that involves a relationship formed as a result of a bet or revenge invariably goes down the following path:

-bettor/avenging party genuinely falls in love with the other person
-other person finds out the bettor's original intentions and is heartbroken
-bettor/avenging party manages to convince other person that they genuinely love him or her now

Roll credits. I reeeaaally hope they throw a fork in the road at some point in this process. It's okay if it follows that general path if they at least try to change it up a little. That is, if the adaptation makes it that far.

But whatevs, still liking the show and along for the ride regardless.
Jan 26, 2017 4:19 PM

May 2012
Best girl has entered the game.

You know, now with a lotta the start of the story fresh in my mind again, I think I may actually come to like Aki once again. I'd forgotten how adorable she was at the start and middle before a certain other character makes an appearance.

Jan 26, 2017 4:24 PM

Sep 2014
Who is this bitch that ruined the moment?

The beginning when he was being deliberately cold to her had me cringing hardcore.

Good episode though :)
Jan 26, 2017 4:25 PM

Jun 2016
Best episode yet, soundtrack amazing. Story amazing.
Jan 26, 2017 4:28 PM
Shingster

Jun 2015
Wow thats quite the number of manga volumes that Masamune has read
learning from manga eh
lol yea he's studying manga and using that to execute his plan

Lol well after what happened in the date of course Yoshino would get a lecture from Aki

lol Masamune just gazing at Aki
of course that will be distracting
lol Aki's expression when Masamune said that cliche line

Lol well to him the plan is going well
But running in the rain is also a sure way to get a cold
Plus his behavior is actually quite creepy to a girl anyway

Lol Masamune getting advice from Yoshino
Though she's more of an expert on this than he is though

lol stuck in a dilemma eh Masamune
being too cold can backfire on you
while staying your current course will also not work

A hard step he had taken though as he risks losing all the good will he has built up. But so far thing seem to be going well as Aki looks really confused at this turn of events

But it looks like it backfired on him lol
Yoshino's scary gaze though lol

Lol Aki looks pretty angry when she ambushed Masamune in the corridor
Angry cruel princess mode lol
lol Aki stopping Masamune from leaving by blocking his path

Lol being grabbed by your tie
loose objects are always vulnerable eh
But wow Aki's being pretty direct here in interrogating Masamune though

Hmm so it looks like his plan did work after all
Ignoring someone like Aki who's always that popular would make her question herself which i think was Yoshino's plan all along

Aki looks pretty cute when she's in shy mode though
Looks like the plan worked pretty well as it drew Aki's attention
hmm interesting Aki doesn't see anything that Masamune can like about her

Yea better not say any of those things that you thought off there to her lol
lol Masamune running away in fright despite the big step that was taken there
A letter eh but too bad as Aki is back to her usual self now
should have said that yesterday

Lol Yoshino's scary gazes
But it does seem that Aki is starting to change if slowly
Her outburst there was totally unlike her
Still so far Yoshino seems to be doing more than Masamune is

Lol Aki skipping class for the first time and worrying about it
Its nice seeing that Aki's opinion of Masamune has changed so much
But at the same time it was unexpected that she would also see Masamune meeting up with Yoshino.

To think that Aki thinks that Masamune and Yoshino is a couple lol and seeing her frustration at this
Quite the brave front Aki has despite the fact that she's obviously frustrated about it.
Yoshino and Aki have a pretty close bond eh

I wonder where Aki's dislike of boys came from
Did a boy lie to her and hurt her that much i wonder
But lol Aki's defenses are being destroyed by Yoshino's sharp words
she knows you to well lol

Lol Aki contemplating whether Masamune actually likes her or not
She's like a normal girl now instead of the ice queen from before

Man that was a timely and a lucky save from Masamune
Aki was so deep in thought eh

Quite a good episode actually
The relationship between Aki and Masamune have seen quite a significant progress and its obvious that Aki has now developed feelings for Masamune. The fact that Masamune tried to use what he learned from reading manga in a real life situation though was quite funny. Using the silent treatment though was actually a good move and it was nice to see that part of his plan succeed. Aki in angry princess mode and shy mode was actually quite something as they were very different to her usual self. In addition to progressing the main plot and the relationship between Aki and Masamune this episode also did a good job of revealing some of Aki's reasons for disliking boys and also for being the person that she is today.

I'll be interested to see where this goes as Aki is now obviously in love with him.

Hmm and it seems a new girl also joins the cast and one that knows Masamune as well.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 26, 2017 4:32 PM

Jan 2014
Well they're finally progressing when it comes to speaking, at least..

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Jan 26, 2017 4:51 PM

May 2015
Oh yes, and the waifu finally appears! Damn, I can't wait to see her in the rest of the show. Masamune's reaction was priceless, lmao.

Jan 26, 2017 5:36 PM
Apr 2016
i don't know i was laughing so hard in the first half of the ep xD

love the ep
Jan 26, 2017 5:48 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
Looking at my clock....................what time is it?
Jan 26, 2017 6:29 PM

Apr 2013
I ship Yoshino and Masamune.
Jan 26, 2017 6:50 PM

Nov 2016
There's always that one girl who ruins everything -.-
Jan 26, 2017 6:59 PM

Sep 2016
In that one scene Yoshino is completely talking like Rem.
Jan 26, 2017 7:18 PM

Jul 2016
Oh great, a new girl has showed up. And I wondered why this anime had the 'harem' tag..guess that explains it

I don't know who that girl is, but I doubt I'll like her as much as Aki. We'll see.

‏‏‎ ‎

「‏‏‎ artist‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ don't forget to wear your‏‏‎ mask‏‏‎ 」

「‏‏‎ ‏‏‎ 」
Jan 26, 2017 7:20 PM
Apr 2015
Relax kids, this isn't turning into Nisekoi.

This is like a 1.5 on the harem scale
Jan 26, 2017 7:23 PM
Jun 2016
Aki is so darn cute! Hope her development will improve. I am waiting for the romance already! ❤️
Jan 26, 2017 7:52 PM

Oct 2008
this show would be better if it didn't have such awkward direction and often gross visuals. i don't want to here the MC's every. single. inner. thought. it kills any tension, and slows the pacing to a crawl.
the soundtrack is so good tho
Jan 26, 2017 7:54 PM
Jul 2018
First 20 mintues were very fun! but that clifhanger came out of blue!! that's now making the show even more predictable.
Jan 26, 2017 8:00 PM

Dec 2016
This guy has had so many chances to get with her if he could have just said the right words lol. He is going to lose his cocky attitude at the rate he is going. No idea who this new girl is but I am sure I will like her. Aki doesn't seem that bad though deep down
Jan 26, 2017 8:43 PM

Sep 2016
Perfect timing for a new char lol
Jan 26, 2017 8:47 PM

Sep 2015
Lol, he was saying those cheesy lines. But he did get it from generic shoujo manga. Hence why their interaction is so much like a shoujo than revenge anime. All part of the comedy, as Aki lacks the experience, hence it actually works. I remember when i read that anime comedy is cringy moments. And now i finally understand. Cringy and hilarious. Had to take a breather.
They both like each other. Expected ending is that they are together, thats the premise afterall. But it is the journy that matters.

Finally a anime where he pulls her away and not push the person out of an incoming vehicle. Also who is this new character!? He dont even know or remember her. Maybe she mistaken? But she ruined the moment, now.makes him look like a player! Damn her. Still now i can't wait for next week's episode. Damn it, one of those series you enjoy most watching it nonstop rather than week by week filled with anticipation.

I get people saying forced drama, but seeing this show, drama isn't going to go very far unlike yahari for example. Also yoshino is pretty scary at times. Though glad Makabe tok the initiative for once.
zcv45Jan 26, 2017 8:53 PM
Jan 26, 2017 8:48 PM

Sep 2014
FUCK YEAH!!! It's finally here. #3 has arrived. That means one thing.....THE FUCKING TRIP IS COMING!!! From here on out it's going to be crazy. I've been waiting for the show to catch up to this part. It's like that car scene triggers the real fun to begin......Man I can't wait to see the reactions from here on out.
Jan 26, 2017 8:49 PM

Sep 2014
114 said:

Just you wait. This ain't nothing.....
Jan 26, 2017 8:49 PM

Feb 2016
Interesting episode. Delivering on the humour as always and the style is generally good.

It worries me quite a bit that the pacing is so fast. They kind of just tossed exposition at us in plain sight. Oh wow, Aki is cold-hearted because she had her heart broken and doesn't want to get hurt again? Never saw that one coming at all... I mean, it was pretty obvious to the point where I don't think they needed to tell us. I wish they would just let the viewers figure it out without her narrating it. From a story-telling perspective, I thought that was quite overkill.

Yoshino's motives are also becoming clearer. Whoa, Aki and Masamune are both idiots? Who would have guessed? She can tell that Masamune is going to fall for Aki, well, because men are idiots; and she wants Aki to fall for Masamune because this is her chance to break Aki out of her slumber. Now, whether the eating problem is related, who knows, but I'd expect Aki's food addiction to subside once she's with Masamune.

I suppose with such fast pacing, we're now going to move into Arc 2 with this new character introducing a new dynamic to the pair. I just hope it doesn't become a convoluted clusterfuck. As a romcom, it's pretty good. Delivers on romance and on comedy. As far as writing, it's good, nothing too genius yet, but if they continue at this pace, it seems like it's going to be a pretty good season.

Jan 26, 2017 8:58 PM

Sep 2014
Here come the main troublemaker
Jan 26, 2017 9:07 PM

Oct 2013
OMG it happened. OMG it happened. Again? OMG it happened. Dang so close to a verbal confession though.
Jan 26, 2017 9:14 PM

Jun 2013
CUCK
Fredo_p said:
114 said:

*Sigh* God damn it.
Jan 26, 2017 9:19 PM

Sep 2013
Nice episode! I feel like i'm watching a dating sim XD
Adagaki-san, kawaiiiiii! <3
I thought it was weird that we're in episode 4 of a harem anime and yet all the episodes were centered to Adagaki-san, but the ending cleared my doubt.
I'm still rooting for you Adagaki-san!

Anyway, is Yoshino part of the harem? Does she hate Adagaki or not? I cannot read her at all
Jan 26, 2017 10:23 PM
Dec 2014
Fredo_p said:
114 said:

oh god I get that one. I bet a lot of people will lose their sh*t.

Anyway "I don't want to falsely anymore than I have so far" hahaha
Jan 26, 2017 10:32 PM
Oct 2016
AAAH AKI FINALLY REALIZE HER FEELINGS! But it's kind of too fast I think. Although perfect with the timing where another new character come.
Jan 26, 2017 10:48 PM

May 2015
kyaaa >///< that hoe ruined everything though
Jan 26, 2017 11:26 PM

Jun 2016
Makabe is still rely on tricks from shoujo manga for his "revenge" plan. Sorry kid, but that's not how all of these works at all.

This episode is by far the weakest of the bunch. The first half of this episode is just very cringeworthy and kinda boring. The second half is slightly better, but it's still not good. Neko just shows up from nowhere and has barely any set-up. Still glad that the "best girl-thing" of the series finally shows up.
Jan 26, 2017 11:47 PM

Oct 2011
Omg such progress yes!!!!
But omg the girl from the op ed is here omg.
Love triangle? ??
Jan 27, 2017 12:32 AM

Sep 2013
Nice episode and we get to see the full effects of Aki's feelings growing for Masamune after that date, though she's still putting up the ice princess facade on.

Looks like one misunderstanding is resolved, but looks like it's going to lead to another.

3/5- Good episode, got to see more character development with Aki. Poor Masamune is about to go through a lot of obstacles, especially with new girl. Still excited to see all those scenes be animated!

The OP has grown on me a lot. It's upbeat melody and pace is great. Not sure if it's my favorite one this season, but I definitely can't stop listening to it.

Jan 27, 2017 12:48 AM

Dec 2012
OMG. he got his revenge on set but another came in. A romance rival LUL

Jan 27, 2017 2:10 AM

Apr 2016
That girl at the end ruined pretty moment between Aki and Masamune. God, why.
Anime List「Anime stats → Completed 1 Thousand」
Jan 27, 2017 4:22 AM

Oct 2015
The revenge had failed and Neko had came upon us.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 23, 2017

218 by Lkunnnss »»
Apr 22, 2:50 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 23, 2017

371 by Fleicher »»
Apr 18, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Feb 16, 2017

145 by Cheese_Enjoyer07 »»
Jan 2, 5:02 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 9, 2017

235 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 27, 2023 2:15 PM

Poll: » Masamune-kun no Revenge Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 2, 2017

230 by kirA_-_ »»
Dec 20, 2023 4:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.