Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »
Feb 3, 2017 3:01 AM
Oct 2014
I tried to like the show but the art is absolutely terrible when the boobs sag that hard. Absolutely ruined every ep where the art turned straight to crap.
Feb 3, 2017 3:21 AM

May 2009
forestgreen said:
I tried to like the show but the art is absolutely terrible when the boobs sag that hard. Absolutely ruined every ep where the art turned straight to crap.

Then drop it and stick to mature and serious anime, for mature and serious people like yourself.
Feb 3, 2017 4:55 AM

May 2015
bastek66 said:
forestgreen said:

Then drop it and stick to mature and serious anime, for mature and serious people like yourself.

KonoSuba was never a story about boobs. So when @forestgreen said that the saggy boobs made the show terrible, then it's true.

Darkness' boobs was probably 5 cups bigger than her LN counterpart. KonoSuba is an anime going against the common anime trope, but the anime butchered the author's story by overexerting the fanservice in these kind of episodes. Even Kazuma is depicted as a perverted asshole in the OVA, which is wrong because he's the kind of guy who won't even do anything when a girl sleep on the same bed as him.

Heck, Aqua even had panties in LN's volume 1, but the anime made it non-existent.

If people want to watch childish saggy boobs, then go watch Highschool of the Dead or some other shit. Not KonoSuba.

DarkingDawningFeb 3, 2017 5:02 AM
Feb 3, 2017 5:35 AM
Apr 2015
Season one even has more producers yet the faces were slightly shitty, now season two only got one and . . .
Feb 3, 2017 5:41 AM

Feb 2016
Ckan said:
Regardless of the intent, off-model expressiveness = shit animation because it's not good-looking ART.

It's not artistic, it's lazy. It's not creative, it's just bad animating.

No thanks, give me my Madhouse panning stills instead please

#konosuba2 #pingpong2014 #narutospain

How did you manage to hide you power level till now?

Anyway I prefer the glorious panning stills of Toei...something...world trigger...

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Feb 3, 2017 6:20 AM

Apr 2014
DarkingDawning said:
bastek66 said:

KonoSuba was never a story about boobs. So when @forestgreen said that the saggy boobs made the show terrible, then it's true.

Darkness' boobs was probably 5 cups bigger than her LN counterpart. KonoSuba is an anime going against the common anime trope, but the anime butchered the author's story by overexerting the fanservice in these kind of episodes. Even Kazuma is depicted as a perverted asshole in the OVA, which is wrong because he's the kind of guy who won't even do anything when a girl sleep on the same bed as him.

Heck, Aqua even had panties in LN's volume 1, but the anime made it non-existent.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/e44a3d53f4544a4f952b98d9a030d339.png[img]

If people want to watch childish saggy boobs, then go watch Highschool of the Dead or some other shit. Not KonoSuba.

Well, too bad because the original author clearly disagrees with you and never once complained about the changes in design.
Feb 3, 2017 6:49 AM

May 2009
DarkingDawning said:
bastek66 said:

Author stated that there was no panties, it was early volume and artist made some mistakes.
Feb 3, 2017 7:35 AM
Dec 2016
Am I the only one who doesn't hate "saggy boobs"? They've been in Konosuba since season 1 and I think it's a charateristic of this show only, which makes it kind of unique. Also, they're not that awful to see imo
Feb 3, 2017 8:40 AM
May 2015
Of course it's on purpose. They're cutting corners so that they can save money to make another hundred million yen anime. KonoSuba is NEVER ever getting a third season. It's like they're already giving up. Shitty animation

deen ruins anime again. They never learned from their previous mistakes. Fuck this studio. They're worst than any studios out there.
Feb 3, 2017 10:58 AM

Dec 2007
DarkingDawning said:
KonoSuba was never a story about boobs.

What? It was always about boobs. There were always sexual innuendos and nudity. Hell, Darkness is into s&m. Even the characters' personalities are about boobs! You embed an image from the source material that is completely about boobs. Maybe there's more of that in this season than the first, but i don't mind. Nisemonogatari also had more fanservice than before. Nobody minded.

And it seems i'm not the only one who doesn't mind the saggy boobs. Every boob in every other anime is so god damn perfect. Let's throw some variety in. If Kikuta or whoever came to me and said "Hey. Let's do something that everyone isn't already doing." i'd be like "Cool."

I don't know if i'm in a severe minority here, but i didn't come to this show to see beautiful animation. I have never had the expectation that it would be pretty to look at. I came here for comedy, and to some extent boobs, and it has competely fucking delivered. It succeeded at everything wanted it to succeed at. That is enough for me. If i wanted beautiful animation i would go watch a kyoani show or something. Nichijou looked great but was boring as fuck, so in my eyes that show failed because it markets itself as a comedy. The great animation doesn't help.

No? Am i crazy here? Am i the only one who doesn't need my wacky comedies to look good?
Feb 3, 2017 5:53 PM

May 2015
Volbla said:
DarkingDawning said:

What? It was always about boobs. There were always sexual innuendos and nudity. Hell, Darkness is into s&m. Even the characters' personalities are about boobs! You embed an image from the source material that is completely about boobs. Maybe there's more of that in this season than the first, but i don't mind. Nisemonogatari also had more fanservice than before. Nobody minded.

And it seems i'm not the only one who doesn't mind the saggy boobs. Every boob in every other anime is so god damn perfect. Let's throw some variety in. If Kikuta or whoever came to me and said "Hey. Let's do something that everyone isn't already doing." i'd be like "Cool."

I don't know if i'm in a severe minority here, but i didn't come to this show to see beautiful animation. I have never had the expectation that it would be pretty to look at. I came here for comedy, and to some extent boobs, and it has competely fucking delivered. It succeeded at everything wanted it to succeed at. That is enough for me. If i wanted beautiful animation i would go watch a kyoani show or something. Nichijou looked great but was boring as fuck, so in my eyes that show failed because it markets itself as a comedy. The great animation doesn't help.

No? Am i crazy here? Am i the only one who doesn't need my wacky comedies to look good?

Wha.... this is exactly why I said the anime ruins and destroyed your view of KonoSuba. KonoSuba is never supposed to be fanservicy and way over the top boobs story. Kazuma is not an asshole pervert you see in OVA. He never stole anyone's panties past season 1, but he's more matured and a smart cunning thief. He's the kind of guy who's kind, but scared to do anything when the chances are there.

Nichijou is boring? Yup you're so in the minority, because Nichijou has better ratings than both KonoSuba. KonoSuba's only saving grace was its content, because the LN has better materials than Nichijou. So if you think Nichijou was boring, then that means the anime wins people heart by its actual quality art style that KonoSuba don't have.

Darkness is never about boobs. She's an actual awesome character with perverted personality, but she's not all about boobs. She cares about the other well beings and even sacrificed herself for the sake of others (like giving herself to Alderp in episode 1). Aqua never talked about her boobs nor does Kazuma ever talked about Aqua's. And Megumin only talks about boobs when she feels the unfairness of the size between her and the other character. So no one is about boobs, this show is not about boobs.

Fuck deen for ruining everyone views that KonoSuba is about boobs. Now people see this series as a fanservice comedy anime like Highschool of the Dead and not an actual trope against reincarnated to another world series.
Feb 4, 2017 2:08 AM

Apr 2014
DarkingDawning said:
Nichijou is boring? Yup you're so in the minority, because Nichijou has better ratings than both KonoSuba. KonoSuba's only saving grace was its content, because the LN has better materials than Nichijou. So if you think Nichijou was boring, then that means the anime wins people heart by its actual quality art style that KonoSuba don't have.

If the content is the saving grace then why are a lot of Japanese buying the BDs of the anime with "poor quality" when they could get the same thing from the LN?
Z4KFeb 4, 2017 2:13 AM
Feb 4, 2017 2:40 AM

Jun 2009
Z4k said:

Well, too bad because the original author clearly disagrees with you and never once complained about the changes in design.

I don't know what source that comes from, but I am not sure anyone knows what the author really think about the anime. I guess he had some kind of influence on both art and story during the realisation, but once the anime is done, he will probably only praise the work of the studio, may he be genuibely happy or disappointed.
Feb 4, 2017 1:40 PM

Nov 2015
Volbla said:
DarkingDawning said:

dude you are right and just enjoy it. The people complaining are LN readers who forgot the story was about a guy stuck with a shitty but OP team whose luck was actually a curse before it turned into a shitty harem with every girl falling for kazuma who suddenly does everything right and solves all the problems because he is really actually a nice and caring guy.
Feb 5, 2017 6:18 AM

Mar 2009
>implying you wouldn't motorboat those boobs.
Feb 7, 2017 10:17 AM

Jul 2013
The animation in the OP is so bad, it makes me cringe.
Feb 9, 2017 3:41 PM

Oct 2016
vokisa said:
once you see episode 4 you stop giving s shit and laugh for years.
they obviously made darkness's boobs sag on purpose for the laughs.
I'm starting to understand why they changed everything. it's hilarious. I just take the show as a big joke.

That aside. big fucking pile of shit. it's funny and disappointing :(
Yuki_NonakaFeb 9, 2017 3:48 PM
Feb 10, 2017 11:13 AM

Jul 2013
SeasonADay said:
vokisa said:
I'm starting to understand why they changed everything. it's hilarious. I just take the show as a big joke.

No.

Feb 10, 2017 11:22 AM

Oct 2016

I cried after this. there is no longer any hope.
Feb 18, 2017 2:19 AM

Sep 2009
I could care less about the animation, the weird faces etc are made deliberately for the "comedy" purpose. But here's where my problem is... I don't find the second season nearly as funny as the first one... The story seems out of ideas and kinda forced, the humor is used up and doesn't get to me anymore... I really loved the first season and was waiting for this one, but somehow I find pushing myself to watch every episode now... am I the only one?

We're all golden
Sunflwers
on the inside :>
Feb 18, 2017 2:22 AM

Sep 2016
vokisa said:
SeasonADay said:

No.

there nothing more cringe than using reaction face picture
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Feb 18, 2017 1:13 PM

Oct 2016
Kawwwa said:
I could care less about the animation, the weird faces etc are made deliberately for the "comedy" purpose. But here's where my problem is... I don't find the second season nearly as funny as the first one... The story seems out of ideas and kinda forced, the humor is used up and doesn't get to me anymore... I really loved the first season and was waiting for this one, but somehow I find pushing myself to watch every episode now... am I the only one?

I think It's going to get better. Episode 6 was good. They will introduce a new goddess to the world soon.
Feb 18, 2017 1:35 PM
Jul 2018
SeasonADay said:

Try harder tbh, using a still frame doesn't help your argument tbh. Use at least a piece of gif or at least a clip of the episode where you can get your argument ground...
Feb 18, 2017 1:38 PM

Oct 2016
Symphyon said:
SeasonADay said:

Try harder tbh, using a still frame doesn't help your argument tbh. Use at least a piece of gif or at least a clip of the episode where you can get your argument ground...
Oh really tbh? cool tbh. thanks for telling me tbh. ok tbh.
Feb 18, 2017 1:43 PM
Jul 2018
SeasonADay said:
Symphyon said:

Oh really tbh? cool tbh. thanks for telling me tbh. ok tbh.

Lol well, I tend to repeat these but... yeah try to justify it with a gif to at least give the argument some ground... giving a still frame isn't really selling me.
Feb 20, 2017 6:06 AM

Apr 2014
I'm not fond of this character design and animation. :-(
Feb 21, 2017 2:18 AM

Apr 2016
DarklordVor said:
Ugh... I hate it when people don't understand that this was CLEARLY intentional. This is why I made a big fat insult to Kikuta every time he becomes the chief animation director of the episodes so people won't blame DEEN directly.

You see, here's the breakdown of the problem. Kikuta SUCKS. KIKUTA FUCKING SUCKS. That's who you want to blame, not DEEN. It's not a problem of out of budget, because episode 2 and 3 are arguably 100% better than episode 1 and 4 directed by Kikuta. Yes people, I have my own opinion of saying Kikuta sucks just like how I would say the Kardashian sucks no matter how much people like OP trying to defend them.

Kikuta's artistic choice is shit. Here's the breakdown of his characteristics:

- Bigger boobs than the character's design.
- Bouncy boobs
- Saggy boobs
- Weird-looking faces
- Derpy faces
- Squash and stretch animation

You made a point. Thanks for your post. It's great to have some insight into why it is so different from episode to episode. It's strange how they manage to have almost two different character designs in one show. It's like there are two teams working alternately on Konosuba.

Concerning my taste for boobs and face drawing, It seems I think like you that "KIKUTA FUCKING SUCKS". Looking at it positively, he just fucks the art of only half of the season. Imagine if he was in charge for all the episode of Konosuba! On the other hand we couldn't realize how bad he is without the comparison. That's definitely interesting. I was thinking, Maybe Kikuta works in the Hentai genre with an alias. It could explain his art style and taste.
Ysad_ZiwezhanFeb 21, 2017 2:33 AM
Feb 24, 2017 5:34 PM

May 2014
Well, the animation of Chapter 7 was significantly better. Even at this point it's nothing that has not been said: KonoSuba animation in general is quite average, but it's not the type of serie that needs an ufotable quality to be fun. In fact, the animation reinforces the comedy a little, either on purpose or not
Feb 27, 2017 7:22 AM

Sep 2016
i love the art tbh. its different and way more expressive than the usual light novel slock.
Objectivity doesn't exist. Subjectivity is an excuse. Beautiful world of online discourse.

Feb 27, 2017 7:28 AM

Jan 2017
Not really ? Loving the 2nd season so far.
"In this world, wherever there is light – there are also shadows. As long as the concept of winners exists, there must also be losers. The selfish desire of wanting to maintain peace causes wars, and hatred is born to protect love."
-Madara Uchiha

Feb 27, 2017 2:57 PM

Apr 2015
Yes It Was Better In The First Season,But That Hasnt Stopped Me From Enjoying It :)
Feb 27, 2017 3:09 PM
May 2016
Season 1 was better in general
Feb 28, 2017 7:09 AM

May 2012
Season 1 was better than this. Not because of animation. The comedy in season 1 was better

I can't believe the anime score is 8.45. I think it deserve around 7 at most. Even season 1 was little overrated
Mar 4, 2017 9:14 AM

Mar 2014
I think season 2 is better on many fronts, and people really need to stop complaining about animation when they can't even tell the difference between art(style) and animation and by pulling screenshots out of their ass

I'm glad the show doesn't look like the LN art because it looks boring
LauraBirdieMar 4, 2017 9:18 AM
Mar 4, 2017 9:21 AM

Nov 2009
"Bad" art helps to sell the jokes.
Mar 4, 2017 11:56 AM
Jun 2012
I am sick and tired of people showing random screenshots and claiming that the art and animations has somehow lowered in quality. Do yourselves a favor and just read up on the names of the 12 basic principles of animation.
Mar 4, 2017 1:48 PM

Aug 2016
I noticed that the art downhill a bit but I don't think it's terrible I still love the show it's humorous to me
I've got way too many anime to watch this summer
Currently watching
- No Game No Life (rewatch cause nostalgia)
- Attack on Titan 2
- Alice to Zokuru
- Spice and Wolf
Feel free to friend or message me I'm always looking for new friends!
Mar 5, 2017 8:27 PM

Aug 2008
Consumed said:
No, it does not.

This is beyond stylistic, it's just sloppy.

Comedy does not benefit from sloppy work. Watch any competently executed comedy series such as Nyaruko, Golden Boy, or Futakoi Alternative and see how misguided your statement is.

"It's all about the movement!" Is not an excuse for sloppy work.

"It was intentional!" Does not make it acceptable.
Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
Mar 5, 2017 8:42 PM

Nov 2009
Deserada said:
Consumed said:
No, it does not.

Comedy does not benefit from sloppy work. Watch any competently executed comedy series such as Nyaruko, Golden Boy, or Futakoi Alternative and see how misguided your statement is.

Konosuba is a massive commercial success and the most watched/highest rated show this season. Of course it's acceptable.

Try not to give yourself heartburn arguing stuff that doesn't matter.
Mar 5, 2017 8:55 PM

Aug 2008
Consumed said:
Deserada said:
No, it does not.

Konosuba is a massive commercial success and the most watched/highest rated show this season. Of course it's acceptable.

Try not to use fallacies (argumentum ad populum); it doesn't help your case.

I'll be ready if you want to give a proper response.
Mar 5, 2017 9:14 PM

Nov 2009
Deserada said:
Consumed said:

I doubt you have a proper response to this discussion. The point of using critical scores and sales is to show that art being acceptable is not a sweeping judgement for you to make.
Mar 5, 2017 9:23 PM

Aug 2008
Consumed said:
Deserada said:

I doubt you have a proper response to this discussion. The point of using critical scores and sales is to show that art being acceptable is not a sweeping judgement for you to make.
You have not refuted any of my points.

In case you did not understand my last post, please read this article and understand why it is a fallacy to appeal to popular opinion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
Mar 5, 2017 9:28 PM

Nov 2009
Deserada said:
Consumed said:

You have not refuted any of my points.

In case you did not understand my last post, please read this article and understand why it is a fallacy to appeal to popular opinion:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

You have not answered mine. I understand the fallacy, it's relevant to this discussion.
Mar 5, 2017 9:35 PM

Oct 2013
Yea, I don't like the ugly looking art , but that isn't the reason why I dropped it. I dropped the second season, simple because I wasn't in the mood to watch slice of life/comedy series. I wasn't feeling the series overall as well, like the first season.
Mar 5, 2017 9:35 PM

Jan 2017
i like to think of it as a final answer to storyboard discrepancies in the executive editorial process.
yea i didnt read the manga.... but I preferred the flow of the episodes in the first season
I am the harem MC
Mar 5, 2017 11:25 PM
Jul 2015
This video pretty much summarizes my thoughts on Konosuba's animation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC2HqRS1qjo
Mar 7, 2017 4:07 AM

Apr 2014
Deserada said:

If it makes helps in making a scene funny then yes it does.
Mar 7, 2017 7:52 AM

Aug 2008
Z4k said:
Deserada said:

Read my post again.
Mar 7, 2017 9:49 AM

Apr 2014
Deserada said:
Z4k said:

Read my post again.

I did but you didn't explain why it's unacceptable if it manages to elevate the jokes from source material.
Pages (7) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 15, 2017

341 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 5:58 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 1, 2017

234 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 28, 4:53 AM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jan 18, 2017

298 by Comander-07 »»
Apr 27, 1:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Feb 15, 2017

223 by V121ONENDWAR »»
Apr 16, 6:03 PM

Poll: » Kono Subarashii Sekai ni Shukufuku wo! 2 Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Mar 8, 2017

171 by 0451 »»
Apr 10, 9:56 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.