Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »
Jan 9, 2017 8:38 AM
Feb 2016
Punkero said:
Hexia said:
Could anyone give me a recommendation for #59? I like harem, shounen, action and comedy anime.

Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou
Tenchi Muyou!
Trinity Seven

all those genres combined

Oh,thank you very much for recommendation

Jan 9, 2017 8:39 AM
Feb 2016
TheElevenTails said:
Sojin said:
watch an anime with both genres in it duhh.... zzzz
Example: Fav. Genre: Comedy, Least Fav. Genre: Harem
Watch an anime that contains both, example this would work:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/8525/Kami_nomi_zo_Shiru_Sekai
Ah, thanks, I appreciate it.
Hexia said:
Could anyone give me a recommendation for #59? I like harem, shounen, action and comedy anime.
For your genres, definitely One Punch Man.

Thank you very much for recommendation

Jan 9, 2017 8:40 AM

Mar 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Modo942000 said:

start it again as in start it over or just continue it? also, can one of the admins confirm?

As long as the start date was before the start of 2017 you'll be fine.
Rules: "the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread"

It's not possible to check whether you had the anime in your on-hold / dropped list anyway - Also people don't always update their list accordingly.

it's not for the "watch an anime on hold or a dropped anime" challenge (i already have the challenge but i'm not asking on it). i'm asking if there are anime i have watched 1 episode from in fall 2016 then put on hold, do they count as entries in other challenges if i continued them now? for example, "watch an anime with 11 episodes or more". does continuing 3-gatsu no lion count as a entry for me?
Jan 9, 2017 8:42 AM

Mar 2016
Modo942000 said:
PrOxAnto said:

As long as the start date was before the start of 2017 you'll be fine.
Rules: "the start date of this one can't be during 2017; if you don't have any request for assistance in the discussion thread"

It's not possible to check whether you had the anime in your on-hold / dropped list anyway - Also people don't always update their list accordingly.

it's not for the "watch an anime on hold or a dropped anime" challenge (i already have the challenge but i'm not asking on it). i'm asking if there are anime i have watched 1 episode from in fall 2016 then put on hold, do they count as entries in other challenges if i continued them now? for example, "watch an anime with 11 episodes or more". does continuing 3-gatsu no lion count as a entry for me?
As long as you start from episode 1, then yes it will count.
Jan 9, 2017 8:43 AM

Mar 2015
TheElevenTails said:
Modo942000 said:
btw, can anybody give me a recommenation for #59? suggest me something that's short (preferably a movie to finish it fast), good, and worth my time. my favorite genres are slice of life, school, and comedy.

that sparks a question, if someone recommended me a recommendation on something i have on my plan to watch (but didn't start it yet), does it count?
Check out The Girl who Leapt Through Time.
And yes, it does count. You just need to link the post where someone recommended you that anime.

i've already watched it 2 years ago or something. lol. oh, btw, time travel is my favorite genre but i don't think it counts as a favorite genre. sci-fi also counts as one but not in general. only some of them
Jan 9, 2017 8:44 AM

Apr 2016
Sojin said:
Yes you can use On-hold anime for other challenges, but you have to start from episode 1
Now if you are referring to challenge 73 Finish an on-hold or dropped anime then the start date of this one can't be during 2017
The date you enter depends if you are reffering to challenge 73 or not.
If you are referring to challenge 73 then use the original start date(if you dont know it, then make it up)
If you are simply just watching an on-hold anime for a another challenge start from episode 1 then use that new start date
Yess, that was big help, thanks, seriously.
Jan 9, 2017 8:47 AM

Mar 2016
TheElevenTails said:
Sojin said:
Yes you can use On-hold anime for other challenges, but you have to start from episode 1
Now if you are referring to challenge 73 Finish an on-hold or dropped anime then the start date of this one can't be during 2017
The date you enter depends if you are reffering to challenge 73 or not.
If you are referring to challenge 73 then use the original start date(if you dont know it, then make it up)
If you are simply just watching an on-hold anime for a another challenge start from episode 1 then use that new start date
Yess, that was big help, thanks, seriously.
yea no problem, i should have just answered you from the beginning but you were having a convo with another person.
Jan 9, 2017 8:48 AM

Mar 2015
Sojin said:
Modo942000 said:

do i have to also change the start date or i can resume normally?
Jan 9, 2017 8:49 AM

Mar 2016
Modo942000 said:
Sojin said:

do i have to also change the start date or i can resume normally?
When you start the anime from episode 1, use that new start date.
Jan 9, 2017 8:56 AM
Jun 2016
Wallflower said:
Kuzugu said:

So @AWC_mod Im having a little trouble with this application thing. When you say fix like the initial post what was it that needs to be fixed? Im still going through and picking all the anime I want for the challenge.
Loot at this
when you make a post, it's assigned a number. Instead of <xxxx> put your post number. That way if someone deletes their post, your original number will be saved. Once you put your initial post number it doesn't get changed again.

Thanks wall flower sorry im kinda an it comes to these things.
Jan 9, 2017 9:01 AM
Jun 2016
Also for challenge no 41 when it say choose an anime where the character doesnt look human? does that mean like completly alien to human or like can it be a human with cat ears? how foreign does it have to be?
Jan 9, 2017 9:03 AM
Jun 2016
@Wallflower can you recommend an anime to me for challenge no. 59.
Jan 9, 2017 9:04 AM
Nuff... Nice!!!!

Mar 2014
AWC_mod said:

Use the spoiler for the challenge list and keep the numbered list
@Bowie @kittyxiii

Sorry about that! I'll fix it promptly ^^

Anime & Manga ListsAnime & Manga ChallengePSNProfile
Jan 9, 2017 9:04 AM
Aug 2016
Can anybody recommend me a anime for #59?
Jan 9, 2017 9:08 AM

Mar 2015
since it went unnoticed, i want a recommendation for #59. my favorite genres are school, slice of life, and comedy but i like basically anything that isn't mecha. i want something pretty short to finish fast and preferably a movie to finish in 1 sitting
Jan 9, 2017 9:11 AM
Jun 2016
KuraboChan said:

I would definitely recommend
Guilty Crown
Your Lie in April
Erased
Owari no Seraph
Kimi no Wa
and Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon
Jan 9, 2017 9:12 AM

Mar 2016
KuraboChan said:

https://myanimelist.net/anime/19815/No_Game_No_Life
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/9253/Steins_Gate
Modo942000 said:
since it went unnoticed, i want a recommendation for #59. my favorite genres are school, slice of life, and comedy but i like basically anything that isn't mecha. i want something pretty short to finish fast and preferably a movie to finish in 1 sitting

https://myanimelist.net/anime/2593/Kara_no_Kyoukai_1__Fukan_Fuukei
https://myanimelist.net/anime/18245/White_Album_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33094/WWWWorking
https://myanimelist.net/anime/20583/Haikyuu
SojinJan 9, 2017 9:17 AM
Jan 9, 2017 9:22 AM

Mar 2010
Nicholaevich said:

I don't see why not, hell someone should do the entire thing with hentai.

Is that a challenge? If I finish my list before summer, I might actually be up for this.
Jan 9, 2017 9:32 AM

Jul 2015
Hello, I don't understand very well "Watch an anime tagged as Dementia, Demons, Horror and/or Vampire".

Must I watch Dementia, Demons, Horror together OR Vampire only ?
Or it's OK if there is only one of these tags.

Thanks
Jan 9, 2017 9:40 AM

Jan 2013
Gratus said:
Hello, I don't understand very well "Watch an anime tagged as Dementia, Demons, Horror and/or Vampire".

Thanks

Just one of the genres is good enough for the challenge.
If it happens to have more than 1, so for example ... Dementia and Horror ... also good.
Jan 9, 2017 9:42 AM

Jul 2015
PrOxAnto said:
Gratus said:

Thanks

Just one of the genres is good enough for the challenge.
If it happens to have more than 1, so for example ... Dementia and Horror ... also good.

OK thanks !!!!!!!!! It's more easy :)
Jan 9, 2017 9:45 AM

Apr 2008
sytemet said:
Galaxia said:
Can someone recommend me an anime for #59, please? Here's my list so far if you're interested!

We have a 70% affinity so hopefully I can be of help.

From your PTW:

Baccano!:
Very similiar to Durarara! (same author) but more to the point and more violent loaded with badass mobsters. If you like Tarantino films, you will probably love Baccano!
13 episodes, a very safe recommendation

Steins;Gate
The characters and setting in Steins;Gate are interesting enough on their own that even if there was no plot whatsoever, I would still have enjoyed myself greatly.
The plot of Steins;Gate (once it kicks in) is a complex time-travelling themed thriller that kept me on edge the whole time. The creators had done their research and the difficult subject matter was handled impeccably. I would have loved it even if the charactes wouldn't have delivered.
24 episodes, a pretty safe recommendation

Shinsekai Yori
This one is a mixed bag. It started off as a pretty boring anime imo. However, the more I watched it, the more it showed its heavy themes, beautiful characterisation and nuanced social commentary much akin to Psycho-Pass.
25 episodes, a delicate recommendation with a large potential payoff

Recs outside your PTW:

Berserk
Never mind the wonderfully executed dark fantasy setting and a solid action series. This is one of the better dramas I have seen. It's a bit like Ping Pong the Animation in using its setting as a place to grow it's characters. Also a killer OST!
Do take into account, though, that while the art style itself is solid, the animation itself looks very dated.
25 episodes, a pretty safe recommendation

Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
In case you want to watch something completely different, here's exactly that. And it's only 3 episodes long so even if you don't end up liking it, it won't waste too much of your time.
Le portrait de Petit Cossette is not something you should watch for it's plot. That's like listeling to music just for the lyrics. This here is an artpiece and should be treated as such.
If you're interested, I suggest reading the top review of it and you should have a pretty good idea about what you're in for.
3 episodes, an out-there recommendation.

Your ratings forms a beautiful normal distribution by the way :)

I really appreciate how much effort you put into these recommendations for me. I'm doing this challenge to try to force myself into trying different things, so I'll watch Le Portrait de Petit Cossette for #59, but I'll try to find a spot for the others as well. Thank you so much!

And thanks! I'm actually a little proud of my rating distribution. My manga ratings happened mostly before I adapted my current scoring method. I've considered rereading, but there's so much. >.< So I'll just read more manga and hope it works itself out. lol

Jan 9, 2017 9:58 AM

Mar 2008
Can somebody recommend me some anime for #59? i'm looking for a show with 1 or 2 cour, any genre, any year.
my completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aria?status=2&tag=
Jan 9, 2017 10:05 AM

Jan 2013
Aria said:
Can somebody recommend me some anime for #59? i'm looking for a show with 1 or 2 cour, any genre, any year.
my completed anime list: https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Aria?status=2&tag=

From your PTW lits I definitely recommend Ookiku Furikabutte. Gin no Saji and Shiki are also good. From outside your PTW list I recommend Berserk.
Jan 9, 2017 10:08 AM

Oct 2012
Hello friends!

Can someone recommend me an anime to watch for #59?

I appreciated it!
Jan 9, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 2012

Thanks a lot!
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works it is!!
Jan 9, 2017 10:22 AM

Mar 2016
Jan 9, 2017 10:31 AM

Aug 2014
So I got "Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username" and I have already seen them all.

Do I just go to view full results until I find one I haven't seen?
Jan 9, 2017 10:33 AM

Jul 2012
SlayerTau said:
So I got "Choose an anime from the predictive search using your username" and I have already seen them all.

Do I just go to view full results until I find one I haven't seen?

Yes but you should also take a screen shot of the search and add it to the challenge. (also make sure the search is filtered to just anime since that gives more results)
Jan 9, 2017 10:36 AM

Feb 2010
I'm not 100% sure on this one, so I'd like to make sure:

67. Watch an anime that starts with the same second letter as your username

In my case (Akai_Shuichi), does that mean I have to watch an anime with K (e.g. Katanagatari), or an anime that also has K as its second letter (e.g. Ikkitousen)?

People need societies, but they don't necessarily need nations. - Yang Wen-li
Jan 9, 2017 10:41 AM

Mar 2016
Akai_Shuichi said:

In my case (Akai_Shuichi), does that mean I have to watch an anime with K (e.g. Katanagatari), or an anime that also has K as its second letter (e.g. Ikkitousen)?
You would watch ex. Katanagatari, thats the way i understand it.
Jan 9, 2017 10:41 AM

Jan 2013
Akai_Shuichi said:

>Starts<
Meaning the example "Katanagatari" is correct here.
Jan 9, 2017 10:44 AM

Feb 2010
PrOxAnto said:
Akai_Shuichi said:

>Starts<

But it also says "with the same second letter"

If Katanagatari is the correct example in my case, then I don't see why that criteria isn't written as "Watch an anime that starts with the second letter of your username".

PS: Thanks to both for answering.

Jan 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Apr 2008
Akai_Shuichi said:

If Katanagatari is the correct example in my case, then I don't see why that criteria isn't written as "Watch an anime that starts with the second letter of your username".

I thought the same thing, but the official AWC account said the wording is fine the way it is.
Jan 9, 2017 10:48 AM

Feb 2010
Akai_Shuichi said:
PrOxAnto said:

>Starts<

I was wondering the same about how that sentence was formulated. Good to know how it was intended.
I probably regret this post by now.
Jan 9, 2017 10:49 AM

Sep 2014
Foobanana said:
I've got a couple questions that I think some people might be able to answer. I'm trying to complete the challenge with the restriction that I'm only watching TV types as well as those that are only in the sci-fi genre, so it is tough to find anime which fit this description.

First, I was wondering if anyone knew the ages of the characters in Youjo Senki and Mirai Shounen Conan; I think that these characters are both under or of age 12, but I'm not too sure. This is in an attempt to complete item 40 for me.

Try Dennou Coil. It's Scifi and the main cast are all under 12. Not sure if your picks would work, Youjo Senki is a salary man reincarnated as a little girl, it's also not tagged Sci Fi. I don't know much about Mirai Shounen Conan, so can't help there.
Jan 9, 2017 10:50 AM

Mar 2014
Can someone suggest #40 Watch an anime with at least one child as MC - needs 2 or more main characters and at least one should be 12 years old or younger; state the character
Jan 9, 2017 10:52 AM

May 2011
#37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

Does it have to have a score of 10 or 9 by itself or scored as a 10 or 9 by that specific user? Does it have to be an anime they watched for the challenge or anything on their completed list?
Jan 9, 2017 10:53 AM

Mar 2016
Shuichi2 said:
Can someone suggest #40 Watch an anime with at least one child as MC - needs 2 or more main characters and at least one should be 12 years old or younger; state the character

https://myanimelist.net/anime/20787/Black_Bullet?q=black%20bullet
https://myanimelist.net/anime/10162/Usagi_Drop?q=usagi%20drop

Shukkets said:
#37. Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

Does it have to have a score of 10 or 9 by itself or scored as a 10 or 9 by that specific user? Does it have to be an anime they watched for the challenge or anything on their completed list?
anything from a users completed list, that they gave a 10 or a 9
Jan 9, 2017 10:56 AM
Mar 2015
Cappuchino said:
MagicalGirlJodi said:

I'm the exact same. I need someone to either explain it better or dumb it down because I just don't get it at all???? What's the bingo card for? What does it add to the challenge other than giving me a headache at this moment lol

Well tbh I just feel it should be optional so they make two groups of people
1.) Who don't wanna do the bingo
2.) Who do wanna do it

I personally even if I will understand it am not too fond of the idea, to me this is a anime watching challenge not a "make a top hat" challange xD

The reason for this is so the challenges are random rather than just saying "watch this, watch that". With the random bingo cards, you can choose your level of intensity and then choose a pattern (info on the signup forum). That way, it would be more challenging and exciting!
Jan 9, 2017 10:56 AM

Feb 2010
Plate said:
Akai_Shuichi said:

I thought the same thing, but the official AWC account said the wording is fine the way it is.

Thanks! I'll go with that then.

Though I still think it could've been written up better

Jan 9, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2014
Sojin said:
Shuichi2 said:

Thank you, though the manga ending has put me off ever watching Usagi Drop.
Jan 9, 2017 10:57 AM

Mar 2016
Shuichi2 said:
Sojin said:

Thank you, though the manga ending has put me off ever watching Usagi Drop.
the manga ending may suck but the anime ending doesnt, there is no time skip in the anime
Jan 9, 2017 10:59 AM

Sep 2014
Shuichi2 said:

Dennou Coil
Gakuen Alice
Ghost Stories
Non Non Biyori
Sweetness and Lightning
Usagi Drop
Most Ghibli movies.
Jan 9, 2017 10:59 AM
Mar 2015
I have a question about "#59 Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread". How can we get this recommendation? Do we list what we like to watch or is this completely random? And is this personalized or for a group of people?

Thanks ahead of time! :)

Jan 9, 2017 11:04 AM

Apr 2008
@leguchi
I recommend you Kuragehime, now you've got one.
Jan 9, 2017 11:22 AM
Apr 2014
After I got relatively lucky on the card roll I decided to join even though I kinda dislike the idea of bingo inclusion (makes it more complicated than necessary imo).

well. to get to my actual point. I think it was answered somewhere in the main posts but I can't find it anymore...

Can I use anime I watched between 01.01.2017 and the day I signed up for the challenge?
Jan 9, 2017 11:23 AM

Mar 2016
Nanashi said:
After I got relatively lucky on the card roll I decided to join even though I kinda dislike the idea of bingo inclusion (makes it more complicated than necessary imo).

well. to get to my actual point. I think it was answered somewhere in the main posts but I can't find it anymore...

Can I use anime I watched between 01.01.2017 and the day I signed up for the challenge?
Yes you can use any anime that was started this year regardless of sigh-up date.
Jan 9, 2017 11:24 AM

Jul 2014
06. Watch an anime that is related to something you've previously watched: does it have to be something I watch this year? Or can it be a Second season of something I watched a few years ago.

Also can I get a reccomendation preferably not focused on Romamce or Comedy, length doesn't matter just not over 100 episodes
fatedKujoJan 9, 2017 11:36 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 15 16 [17] 18 19 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» So, what's the oldest anime you've ever watched?

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

46 by CareBear »»
2 minutes ago

» Do you have a prejudice against people who watch ecchi/hentai? ( 1 2 )

Dragevard - May 9

76 by Zamus_Edits »»
2 minutes ago

» Your biggest why …? ( 1 2 )

Yonahim_Zz - May 12

84 by district_marvel »»
7 minutes ago

» When did anime become mainstream? Or do you think it's still not mainstream???

LenRea - May 13

36 by ColourWheel »»
14 minutes ago

» Score Inflation

Lucifrost - Yesterday

16 by Zarutaku »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.