Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 144 145 [146] 147 148 » ... Last »
Dec 16, 2017 2:43 AM

Apr 2010
TahZin said:
Can someone recommend me any 2017 series of 1 cour length that satisfies the following?

40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC

Those were surprisingly rare on the ground in 2017. Still, https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/Made_in_Abyss 's Riko is explicitly 12, so it should count.
Dec 16, 2017 2:48 AM

Nov 2012
Jhiday said:
TahZin said:
Can someone recommend me any 2017 series of 1 cour length that satisfies the following?

Those were surprisingly rare on the ground in 2017. Still, https://myanimelist.net/anime/34599/Made_in_Abyss 's Riko is explicitly 12, so it should count.

ah, I was trying to use Made in Abyss for another challenge... Let's see what I can do about these.

and Thanks!
Dec 16, 2017 2:28 PM
Saber Devotee

Jun 2015
OrangeMelon said:
@AWC_mod

Oh yeah still got some Badges left

Nice badges :O

Would recommend Demi-chan wa Kataritai
https://myanimelist.net/anime/33988/Demi-chan_wa_Kataritai

Edit: Of course I recommend to watch Demi-chan wa Kataritai and not to use it for the badges :D
OwezJan 5, 2018 2:02 AM

Dec 16, 2017 4:20 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
OrangeMelon said:
AWC_mod Oh yeah still got some Badges left

Thanks!! I will be adding them soon, but note that participants won't be able to use the first 3 in their signatures
AWC_mod said:
Post badges donations for the challenge (please). If you do, add this: AWC_mod
--- When donating badges, please keep in mind the signature restrictions.
SignatureRestrictions said:
Images placed in forum signatures must not:

a. exceed a total area of 600px width by 150px height.
b. exceed a total file size of 300 kB.
c. be NSFM.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 17, 2017 2:15 PM
Jul 2013
Hi , I need an anime for challenge 59 and 60, does someone have some nice ideas? (Has to be TV and please not too long, it's not long until the end of the year xD)
Dec 17, 2017 2:23 PM

Jan 2013
Aniwatch95 said:
Hi , I need an anime for challenge 59 and 60, does someone have some nice ideas? (Has to be TV and please not too long, it's not long until the end of the year xD)

for #60
Aho Girl
Kamisama no Memochou
Tanaka-kun wa Itsumo Kedaruge
Yama no Susume: Second Season

link to my form if you decide to watch one of these: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476#msg49234490

for #59
Fukigen na Mononokean
Gin no Saji
Kamisama no Memochou
Kuragehime
Tsuritama
Usagi Drop
Yama no Susume
Dec 17, 2017 2:24 PM
Treasure Hunter

Feb 2014
I'd suggest Tiger and Bunny for N°60, I really enjoyed this shows take on superheroes. It has a lot of fun, lovable characters and great action.

And for 59 I recommend watching Hidamari Sketch. For the holiday season especially. It's a super comfy, relaxing, light-hearted show with cute characters and strong visual appeal in both animation and design.

I hope these are to your liking!
There is nothing terribly wrong with feeling lost, so long as that feeling precedes some plan on your part to actually do something about it. Too often a person grows complacent with their disillusionment, wearing their discomfort like a favorite shirt - Johnny C.

Dec 17, 2017 2:28 PM
Jul 2013
fuyuki said:
Aniwatch95 said:

for #60
Aho Girl
Kamisama no Memochou
Yama no Susume: Second Season

link to my form if you decide to watch one of these: https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476#msg49234490

for #59
Fukigen na Mononokean
Gin no Saji
Kamisama no Memochou
Kuragehime
Tsuritama
Usagi Drop
Yama no Susume
Mashiropen said:
I'd suggest Tiger and Bunny for N°60, I really enjoyed this shows take on superheroes. It has a lot of fun, lovable characters and great action.

And for 59 I recommend watching Hidamari Sketch. For the holiday season especially. It's a super comfy, relaxing, light-hearted show with cute characters and strong visual appeal in both animation and design.

I hope these are to your liking!

Thank you, both of you. I think, I'll go with Tiger and Bunny and Usagi Drop, I already planned to watch them both. It seems, now is the time xD
Dec 18, 2017 1:42 AM
Mar 2016
52. Watch an anime tagged as Fantasy, Sci-Fi and/or Supernatural
Can i use Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo for it
Dec 18, 2017 2:35 AM

Apr 2010
Mononoke_Himee said:
52. Watch an anime tagged as Fantasy, Sci-Fi and/or Supernatural
Can i use Toki wo Kakeru Shoujo for it

Yes, of course, since it's tagged as Sci-Fi. Only one of the tags is required for those criteria.
Dec 18, 2017 8:53 AM

Apr 2011
Hello, I hope I'm not tooo last minute....

But I was hoping someone would be able to recommend an anime to me..
Here is a list of my completed list , if it would help.
Dec 18, 2017 9:00 AM

Jan 2013
5shin said:

From your PTW:
Made in Abyss
Plastic Memories

Other:
Boku no Hero Academia 2nd Season
Kamisama no Memochou
Major S2
Omoide no Marnie
Rain Town
Sennen Joyuu
Dec 18, 2017 10:21 AM

Oct 2009
TahZin said:

40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC

Hi! :)
What about this?
Youjo Senki - ep12 (2017)
[war, military, historical]

Oh, sorry! I see you have already completed watching it.
i_yuuko-chanDec 18, 2017 10:37 AM
Dec 18, 2017 11:03 AM

Nov 2012
i_yuuko-chan said:
TahZin said:

What about this?

damn... ... ...

Thanks anyways!!!!
Dec 18, 2017 11:11 AM

Aug 2013
@Tahzin

Watch Usagi Drop. Pretty sure you will love it ^^ (40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC)

PS: Tanya isn't a valid entry for this challenge (Since she retains her memories from previous adult life).
PS2: if Airing during 2017 is a must 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season (Momo is so cute :3)
jhoson14Dec 18, 2017 11:16 AM
Dec 18, 2017 11:30 AM

Oct 2009
jhoson14 said:

PS: Tanya isn't a valid entry for this challenge (Since she retains her memories from previous adult life).

@jhoson14

Ah! I didn't know that! Thanks for sharing. :D
I'll be more careful.
Dec 18, 2017 11:45 AM

Apr 2011
fuyuki said:
5shin said:

From your PTW:
Made in Abyss
Plastic Memories

Other:
Kamisama no Memochou
Major S2
Omoide no Marnie
Rain Town
Sennen Joyuu

Ooh, thanks!!! I've been meaning to watch Omoide no Marnie but Sennen Joyuu I will watch since the synopsis caught my attention and probably a title I will forget, lol.

Again, thanks for taking the time to recommend (":
Dec 18, 2017 11:53 AM

Jan 2013
5shin said:
fuyuki said:
From your PTW:
Made in Abyss
Plastic Memories

Other:
Kamisama no Memochou
Major S2
Omoide no Marnie
Rain Town
Sennen Joyuu

Ooh, thanks!!! I've been meaning to watch Omoide no Marnie but Sennen Joyuu I will watch since the synopsis caught my attention and probably a title I will forget, lol.

Again, thanks for taking the time to recommend (":
You're welcome, you liked Perfect Blue so it's likely you'll also enjoy Sennen Joyuu cause they're from the same director.
Dec 18, 2017 7:47 PM

Nov 2012
jhoson14 said:
@Tahzin

Watch Usagi Drop. Pretty sure you will love it ^^ (40. Watch an anime with at least one child as MC)

PS2: if Airing during 2017 is a must 3-gatsu no Lion 2nd Season (Momo is so cute :3)

Initially I selected sangatsu, but there isn't much time left for the challenge (and I already am extremely busy with real life), I was hoping if some 2017 anime that I've already watched matches with this category.

Oh well, I'll try to finish sangatsu for this entry. Thanks!
Dec 18, 2017 9:56 PM

Apr 2010
TahZin said:

The second season won't work for the challenge, since it won't end until March 2018.

(The first season would, but it started in 2016.)
Dec 18, 2017 10:07 PM

Nov 2012
Jhiday said:
TahZin said:

The second season won't work for the challenge, since it won't end until March 2018.

(The first season would, but it started in 2016.)

Yap, I'm doing the first season of course.
Oh and I miscalculated another thing: I thought the last date for the challenge was December 31 like the previous ones. Suddenly realized the it's December 24. I'm kinda screwed...
Dec 19, 2017 2:05 PM
Mar 2011
Can I get a rec for #14, #15 and #16 (preferably not too long)? Also don't understand #11, so can someone help me understand it?

Edit: Also, would Moriko Morioka from Net-juu no Susume work for #71?

Edit: Also, can someone rec #59 for me? Preferably not too long, and not horror.
DarkLynx93Dec 19, 2017 2:24 PM
Dec 19, 2017 2:14 PM

Jan 2013
DarkLynx93 said:
Can I get a rec for #14, #15 and #16 (preferably not too long)? Also don't understand #11, so can someone help me understand it?
I watched Ahiru no Otegara for #14, it's only 1 minute long and it's not even that bad.
https://myanimelist.net/anime/6852/Ahiru_no_Otegara
Dec 19, 2017 8:06 PM

Dec 2016
Hello, I need an anime for challenge 59 but I don´t know if I can use a recommmendation of other user or I have to hope to get that recommendation for myself? I don´t know

@_@
Dec 19, 2017 8:35 PM
Jul 2018
Hey o/
Just a few questions ^^
For challenge 44, would anything from the Kuroshitsuji series work? I'm assuming that they're all primarily set in England?
For challenge 42, would Ciel Phantomhive or Alois Trancy work?
For challenge 5, is it okay if you don't know what the award is but you found it listed in the club? (this club) I'm talking about Kakegurui specifically if that helps.

Thanks for your help and time in advance :)
Dec 19, 2017 11:00 PM

Aug 2013
nejoout said:
Hello, I need an anime for challenge 59 but I don´t know if I can use a recommmendation of other user or I have to hope to get that recommendation for myself? I don´t know

@_@

Recommendations for you ^^ (You cant use recommendations made to others users).

Baccano
Usagi Drop
Toradora
Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell

estta said:
Hey o/
Just a few questions ^^
For challenge 44, would anything from the Kuroshitsuji series work? I'm assuming that they're all primarily set in England?
For challenge 5, is it okay if you don't know what the award is but you found it listed in the club? (this club) I'm talking about Kakegurui specifically if that helps.

-Kuroshitsuji works for item 44, Having Victorian England as setting (1837-1900)

-For challenge 42, Both counts. But you cant use the same entry for both challenges (You can use season 1 and season 2 for each)

-Anything listed in that Club is a valid entry for challenge 5 (Kakegurui won a Newtype Anime Award in Best TV Anime category )
jhoson14Dec 19, 2017 11:16 PM
Dec 19, 2017 11:29 PM

Nov 2014
Need an anime recommendation for the challenge!
Need to binge watch about 2 shows a day to finish on time but thankfully I'm on break so it should go smoothly ^.^

「 俺を誰だと思っていやがる!」
嵐仙人
Signature | Transience

Dec 20, 2017 7:06 AM

Sep 2013
Can any recommend a short anime e.g 3-5 mins long per episode that i can watch something in the comedy genre, I have already seen A-Ho Girl and really enjoyed it. Thanks
Dec 20, 2017 7:51 AM

Sep 2013
In this challenge "Watch an anime suggested by Anime+ or by MAL - link to a screen shot since this will change or you might be the only one to see it " the screenshot I took for my anime suggestion I took it without my username showing and I watched Danmachi OVA for the challenge. Will it be a problem to complete the challenge with a screenshot like this?
This is the screenshot-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FxW7V-dktfxnvN7f-6NyymzJr7MQiNhF/view
Dec 20, 2017 7:56 AM

Jul 2014
theneilesh said:
Can any recommend a short anime e.g 3-5 mins long per episode that i can watch something in the comedy genre, I have already seen A-Ho Girl and really enjoyed it. Thanks

Ojisan to Marshmallow - 3 minutes per episode.

@Fuad009
Unfortunately, it won't be valid.
mozgowDec 20, 2017 8:05 AM
Dec 20, 2017 8:38 AM

Sep 2013
@mozgow

that looks perfect Thanks :)
Dec 20, 2017 10:06 AM

Sep 2013
"Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth - a real location on Earth; state the country" what is the country of animes like Made in Abyss, Danmachi, Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?, etc.?
Dec 20, 2017 10:45 AM

Sep 2013
TahZin said:
i_yuuko-chan said:

What about this?

damn... ... ...

Thanks anyways!!!!

Does Miyu from Fate/Kaleid liner fit that description?
Dec 20, 2017 10:52 AM

Nov 2014
Phlippy said:
Storm-Sage said:
Need an anime recommendation for the challenge!
Need to binge watch about 2 shows a day to finish on time but thankfully I'm on break so it should go smoothly ^.^

I assuume it's for #59 right?

https://myanimelist.net/anime/11737/Ao_no_Exorcist_Movie since you watched the series
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14353/Death_Billiards the Pilot for Death Parade
https://myanimelist.net/anime/14349/Little_Witch_Academia another Pilot for a main series
https://myanimelist.net/anime/974/Dead_Leaves & https://myanimelist.net/anime/16774/Inferno_Cop since you liked FLCL

https://myanimelist.net/anime/30458/Tokyo_Ghoul__Jack
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31297/Tokyo_Ghoul__Pinto

Awesome thank you! I'll probably watch a couple of these after my challenge too they look great(:

「 俺を誰だと思っていやがる!」
嵐仙人
Signature | Transience

Dec 20, 2017 11:03 AM

Apr 2010
Fuad009 said:
"Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth - a real location on Earth; state the country" what is the country of animes like Made in Abyss, Danmachi, Shuumatsu Nani Shitemasu ka? Isogashii desu ka? Sukutte Moratte Ii desu ka?, etc.?

You can't use them, they're set on fantasy worlds. It needs to be a real-world country.
Dec 20, 2017 11:37 AM

Jan 2017
[re-post]

Hello Everyone!

We will be taking suggestions regarding the 2018 MAL Anime/Manga Challenge. The suggestions are for either new items for the challenge list or removal of existing ones. If you would like to make any, please complete this form.

Thanks!
Dec 20, 2017 11:59 AM

Jul 2014
Fuad009 said:
I don't know how to say this, but none of those anime takes place on Earth...

91 Days, Gunslinger Girl and Baccano! works for this item.
mozgowDec 20, 2017 12:05 PM
Dec 20, 2017 12:22 PM
Jul 2018
Hey guys I have a quick question for the admins of the challenge...

I've completed the challenge but realised I don't have a copy of my bingo card saved PRIOR to me editing my pattern on it -_- What should I put in my turn in form?
Dec 20, 2017 12:45 PM

Dec 2016
jhoson14 said:
nejoout said:

@_@

Recommendations for you ^^ (You cant use recommendations made to others users).

Baccano
Usagi Drop
Toradora
Black Lagoon
Ghost in the Shell

estta said:
Hey o/
Just a few questions ^^

-Kuroshitsuji works for item 44, Having Victorian England as setting (1837-1900)

-For challenge 42, Both counts. But you cant use the same entry for both challenges (You can use season 1 and season 2 for each)

-Anything listed in that Club is a valid entry for challenge 5 (Kakegurui won a Newtype Anime Award in Best TV Anime category )

Thaaaaanks! Love all your recommmendations <3
I´m between using Usagi Dorp or Baccano ^_^
Dec 20, 2017 9:10 PM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
BakaChii said:
Hey guys I have a quick question for the admins of the challenge... I've completed the challenge but realised I don't have a copy of my bingo card saved PRIOR to me editing my pattern on it -_- What should I put in my turn in form?

With this you mean you did manage to save a copy and edit your pattern in. If yes, then that shouldn't pose a problem since that should be your real worry. For the bingo link just use the one provided for the card.

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Dec 21, 2017 2:17 AM
Jul 2018
SheyCroix said:
BakaChii said:
Hey guys I have a quick question for the admins of the challenge... I've completed the challenge but realised I don't have a copy of my bingo card saved PRIOR to me editing my pattern on it -_- What should I put in my turn in form?

With this you mean you did manage to save a copy and edit your pattern in. If yes, then that shouldn't pose a problem since that should be your real worry. For the bingo link just use the one provided for the card.

Yes I have a copy of my bingo card with my pattern edited on, I just didn't save a copy of the original before editing it xD
So in my turn in form I just post the link to my edited card on both 'Bingo Card' and ' Edited bingo card'?
Dec 21, 2017 2:22 AM

Apr 2010
BakaChii said:
Yes I have a copy of my bingo card with my pattern edited on, I just didn't save a copy of the original before editing it xD
So in my turn in form I just post the link to my edited card on both 'Bingo Card' and ' Edited bingo card'?

Use this link (which is already on your sign-in post) for the "original bingo card" field.
Dec 21, 2017 3:28 AM

Oct 2017
Dumb question here.... but I'd still rather ask!!

For the challange "Watch an anime with a number in it's title", can I watch "Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu"?!!

I don't have enough time to finish a series... as the challange due date is approaching!! ( ╥ω╥ )

We can only have good tea
while we're alive.

Dec 21, 2017 3:56 AM

Aug 2010
I have a question about the unsuccessful try.. how do you know if you have one? Do the mod send a message, edit your turn-in/sign-in or something?

I'm asking because I'm worried about my turn-in.. if maybe my try is unsuccessful and I don't know? 🤷 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I know it's an hard work to check all the forms, and it take time ^^
YuukariDec 21, 2017 3:59 AM
Dec 21, 2017 4:21 AM

Apr 2010
Yuukari said:
I have a question about the unsuccessful try.. how do you know if you have one? Do the mod send a message, edit your turn-in/sign-in or something?

You get a private message from AWC_Mod, telling you exactly what needs to be fixed. You can then notify them when you have corrected your sign-in. This continues until they're satisfied with your entry.

Also, please note that the mods have to deal with many, many turn-ins in December ; more than 50% of all participants finish their challenges in the last two weeks. Your turn will come eventually. :-)
JhidayDec 21, 2017 4:26 AM
Dec 21, 2017 4:26 AM

Aug 2010
Jhiday said:
Yuukari said:

You get a private message from AWC_Mod, telling you exactly what needs to be fixed. You can then notify them when you have corrected your sign-in. This continues until they're satisfied with your entry.

oh I see ^^ ehhe
Thank you for your answer :3
Dec 21, 2017 4:35 AM

Sep 2013
For ""Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth - a real location on Earth; state the country"
Yuri!!! on Ice: Yuri Plisetsky GPF in Barcelona EX - Welcome to The Madness-happens in Barcelona?
Monster-happens in Germany?
but I have used them both. Does any season of Jormungand take place outside of Japan?
If not I may need some more informations.
Thank you everyone for all these help.
Dec 21, 2017 6:18 AM

Jul 2014
Head_Hunter47 said:
Dumb question here.... but I'd still rather ask!!

For the challange "Watch an anime with a number in it's title", can I watch "Kara no Kyoukai 2: Satsujin Kousatsu"?!!

I don't have enough time to finish a series... as the challange due date is approaching!! ( ╥ω╥ )
If you're not doing "Master of TV" then you can use it. It has number in its title.
Dec 21, 2017 6:54 AM
Jul 2018
@jhoson14

thank you sm for your help ^ ^

also one more question, sorry for the trouble.

would any of these titles be considered a stand-alone OVA? (for challenge 1)

https://myanimelist.net/anime/837/Kyou_no_5_no_2
https://myanimelist.net/anime/3167/Eve_no_Jikan
https://myanimelist.net/anime/23317/Kuroshitsuji__Book_of_Murder
https://myanimelist.net/anime/5060/Hetalia_Axis_Powers

if so, which ones specifically. thank you :)

@mozgow thank you!
removed-userDec 21, 2017 7:41 AM
Dec 21, 2017 7:16 AM

Jul 2014
@estta
Eve no Jikan and Hetalia Axis Powers are valid for this item.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 144 145 [146] 147 148 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 7 hours ago

17 by mizukasa »»
2 minutes ago

Poll: » Which one do you prefer?

MillerEvans23 - 4 minutes ago

0 by MillerEvans23 »»
4 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others? ( 1 2 )

WatchTillTandava - Today

55 by Toooooooooohru »»
12 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

66 by KayKimii »»
16 minutes ago

» Would you rather watch Anime blind or deaf?

Dragevard - 2 hours ago

9 by Toooooooooohru »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.