Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 77 » ... Last »
Mar 12, 2017 5:30 AM

Feb 2015
Hi!

I was wondering about challenge 11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio

It talks about watching one of the lowest 5 that are scored - Does that mean it's excluding the anime that are not scored? My favourite studio is Gainax, but a chunk of their bottom shows (Excluding the ones that aren't released yet), display N/A as their score. Does that mean these aren't included in the challenge?
Mar 12, 2017 5:50 AM

Jul 2016
Barldon said:
Hi!

I was wondering about challenge 11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio

It talks about watching one of the lowest 5 that are scored - Does that mean it's excluding the anime that are not scored? My favourite studio is Gainax, but a chunk of their bottom shows (Excluding the ones that aren't released yet), display N/A as their score. Does that mean these aren't included in the challenge?

I'd say so, they should only count if they have a number score. Are there still ones that you can use from them?

nσthíng вσnds twσ sσuls
mσrє sσundlч thαn
m u r d є r

Mar 12, 2017 6:21 AM

May 2014
Hi all. I have a query for one of the challenge.

11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio:

Can I use any 1 of my favorites?
My favorite studio is Kyoto Animation and the most of the lowest rated shows from them are 30 sec commercials and specials.

That's why I wanted to use lowest rated anime from my other favorite studios.
Thank you.
Mar 12, 2017 6:24 AM

Mar 2017
JRFiveThirty8 said:
Hey guys can I get a recommend for #62??

Next SENKI Ehrgeiz
Girls und Panzer: Shoukai Shimasu!
Love to Live by

I would also like a recommendation for #59 guys,something that combines the 'action' and 'comedy' genres,thanks!

Mar 12, 2017 6:30 AM

Mar 2017
BakaSenpaii said:
Hi all. I have a query for one of the challenge.

11. Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio:

Can I use any 1 of my favorites?
My favorite studio is Kyoto Animation and the most of the lowest rated shows from them are 30 sec commercials and specials.

That's why I wanted to use lowest rated anime from my other favorite studios.
Thank you.

You can choose whichever you want,no1 can tell you which is your favourite studio ^_^ That being said,it would be better to stay on your really favorite considering its a challenge.If you are doing the TV type restriction you can count only the 5 lowest TV series ( just saying if you dont know)

Mar 12, 2017 6:59 AM

Dec 2014
reydb said:

I would also like a recommendation for #59 guys,something that combines the 'action' and 'comedy' genres,thanks!

Trigun is not on your list and it really should be, so I am recommending it.
Mar 12, 2017 7:09 AM

Mar 2017
AnnaSartin said:
reydb said:

Next SENKI Ehrgeiz
Girls und Panzer: Shoukai Shimasu!
Love to Live by

Trigun is not on your list and it really should be, so I am recommending it.

I am making a new list just fixing it before i edit my post and Trigun was already there but it just changed challenge number :) Thx a lot!

Mar 12, 2017 7:18 AM

Feb 2015
Mikayrawrrz said:
Barldon said:
Hi!

I'd say so, they should only count if they have a number score. Are there still ones that you can use from them?

Ofcourse! I must say, I don't look forward to watching some of their lowest scored stuff - But it's a challenge, and they're only 1 episode movies anyway. Just making sure that it's counted as being in the lowest 5 since there are shows listed under when listing by score, but their score displays as N/A
Mar 12, 2017 7:24 AM

Dec 2015
Archer0596 said:
makotoed said:

Turn in as a new reply in the AWC thread. Read the "How to Play Anime Challenge Bingo" https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582476

@makotoed

I read that, I still don;t quite get it, so ^^;

Just copy and paste this turn in form on the AWC thread then edit to replace the text within angled brackets <text> with your information . Tell me which part you don't get and I'll gladly help c:

xichengsMar 12, 2017 7:29 AM
Mar 12, 2017 8:43 AM
a lil bean ✨

Feb 2011
@kuromi_hideaki https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3750#msg49952208
@Archer0596 https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3750#msg49952789
@reydb https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1582678&show=3750#msg49953544

Please don't double post, just edit your last reply

Barldon said:
[...]Does that mean it's excluding the anime that are not scored? [...]

You don't have to use any that has N/A

HiScoreLoScoreAuction

Turn-InsAWCc

ᓚᘏᗢ

Mar 12, 2017 8:45 AM

Mar 2015
I'm looking for an anime for challenge 32 (watch a completed anime with a score of or below 6.00). I'm not technically running a restriction, but I'd prefer to use a TV anime unless it's unavoidable. Worst comes to worst, I'll slog my way through Battery or something.
Mar 12, 2017 10:38 AM

Dec 2014
Reversinator said:
I'm looking for an anime for challenge 32 (watch a completed anime with a score of or below 6.00). I'm not technically running a restriction, but I'd prefer to use a TV anime unless it's unavoidable. Worst comes to worst, I'll slog my way through Battery or something.

Here you go:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/32438/Mayoiga
Mar 12, 2017 10:38 AM

Mar 2015
AnnaSartin said:
Reversinator said:

Here you go:

Oh, this is going to be fun.

I'm not even sure if that's sarcastic.
Mar 12, 2017 10:40 AM

Dec 2014
Reversinator said:
AnnaSartin said:

Here you go:

Oh, this is going to be fun.

I'm not even sure if that's sarcastic.

Well, shows have a crappy rating for a reason. On the bright side, the badness of how this show falls apart can be humorous depending on your perspective.
Mar 12, 2017 10:50 AM

Jul 2009
I have a question about challenge #37.

37 - Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

I chose a user that was on the same page as me (I also have their initial post number in my sign-up post) and now so many posts have been deleted that their post is now the first post on the page, and now if one more earlier post gets deleted they will be bumped to the previous page. Is this okay, or will I have to constantly find a new user who is on my page and keep it updated until the end of this year's challenge?
Mar 12, 2017 11:44 AM

Mar 2017
DawooD1994 said:
JRFiveThirty8 said:
Hey guys can I get a recommend for #62??

It's an old anime. It was ok. Too much comedy for my liking. But it was 8 episodes only and fit the TV restriction I'm going with.

https://myanimelist.net/anime/4853/Tezuka_Osamu_no_Don_Dracula/reviews

That will work wonderfully, thanks
Mar 12, 2017 12:16 PM

Mar 2017
Talim said:

37 - Watch a completed anime scored 10 or 9 from another challenger who posted on your sign up page.

I chose a user that was on the same page as me (I also have their initial post number in my sign-up post) and now so many posts have been deleted that their post is now the first post on the page, and now if one more earlier post gets deleted they will be bumped to the previous page. Is this okay, or will I have to constantly find a new user who is on my page and keep it updated until the end of this year's challenge?

Better wait for a moderator's answer but i guess that its ok since it's the initial post number that is requested not the current post number.Each page holds 50 posts so if for example your initial post number is 2726 you are in the 2701-2750 page and anyone with initial post number between 2701 and 2750 is considered in the same page as you

Mar 12, 2017 3:16 PM

Jun 2012
I have "59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread" - can someone recommend me an anime?

Preferably from my PTW because I've been working on that list for.... almost a year now ;o;
Mar 12, 2017 4:12 PM

Jan 2014
Hello, me again

I'll finish this first AWC soon (at the end of the season) and wanted to check if my choices were good. First my list, and then the different points :

39. Watch an anime with adults as the main cast

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei with 3 main characters : Akashi, Ozu and Watashi. They are all college students even though the age is not clearly specified. Is it still valid assuming that a college student has to be an adult ?

41. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't look human

Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica with Kyuubey

44. Watch an anime that mainly takes places outside of Japan, but still on Earth

Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom in New York
71. Watch an anime with a main character that doesn't have a natural hair color

Gintama Movie: Shinyaku Benizakura-hen with Gintoki and his silver hair

Reinhard von Lohengramm : "Constellations of stars that I am seeing for the first time... you are all only allowed to exist as objects for my conquest and rule. Just wait. "

Yang Wen-Li : Neither terrorism nor occultism have ever impacted history in any constructive way.

Ernst von Eisenach : Checkmate.
Mar 12, 2017 4:22 PM
Ice Queen

May 2014
Korrailli said:

Kids on the Slope and Terror in Resonance. You seem to like Shinichiro Watanabe's other works, so will probably like these too.
Kino's Journey since you like Mushishi
Michiko to Hatchin since you like Samuri Champloo

thank you so much!!! ^-^ All great suggestions, and all on my PTW. I'll probably go for Terror in Resonance, been curious about that one for a while.
Mar 12, 2017 4:50 PM

Jun 2016
Oh damn! I forgot I'm doing this challenge. Haven't watched any anime in the last month or so. Recently exploring the Ghibli films and some other movies.
Mar 12, 2017 7:46 PM

Jul 2016
Barldon said:
Mikayrawrrz said:

Ofcourse! I must say, I don't look forward to watching some of their lowest scored stuff - But it's a challenge, and they're only 1 episode movies anyway. Just making sure that it's counted as being in the lowest 5 since there are shows listed under when listing by score, but their score displays as N/A

Haha yeah I know what you mean, I'm not sure why they'd have N/A if they've aired, but at least you can work around it. Just pick something with a score and you'll be fine :3

nσthíng вσnds twσ sσuls
mσrє sσundlч thαn
m u r d є r

Mar 12, 2017 9:21 PM

May 2015
If I'm doing this challenge with the TV type restriction, is it fine if I apply that to number 11 (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio) and only go by the lowest 5 TV types, thus skipping all the specials, ova, etc?
Mar 12, 2017 9:36 PM

Mar 2017
Virtue said:
If I'm doing this challenge with the TV type restriction, is it fine if I apply that to number 11 (Watch one of the 5 lowest scored anime from your favorite studio) and only go by the lowest 5 TV types, thus skipping all the specials, ova, etc?

Yeap it is.Its asked before already you can verify it.

Mar 13, 2017 12:50 AM

Aug 2013
L-ro said:
Oh damn! I forgot I'm doing this challenge. Haven't watched any anime in the last month or so. Recently exploring the Ghibli films and some other movies.

Ghibli films are amazing, their animation and art is something to behold. Mononoke Hime and Spirited Away are the ones I strongly recommend any one to watch.

Other works that I love and recommend too are the ones from Makoto Shinkai like 5cm per second and The Garden of Words (they are great).
Mar 13, 2017 5:25 AM

Jun 2016
Can someone recommend to me something for challenge #59?
I'll watch anything except horror.
Mar 13, 2017 6:17 AM
Mar 13, 2017 9:50 AM

Dec 2012
Hello! :] Can someone recommend me something for challenge #59
Anything is fine!
Mar 13, 2017 10:47 AM

Jun 2016
jhoson14 said:
L-ro said:

Ghibli films are amazing, their animation and art is something to behold. Mononoke Hime and Spirited Away are the ones I strongly recommend any one to watch.

Other works that I love and recommend too are the ones from Makoto Shinkai like 5cm per second and The Garden of Words (they are great).

Thanks for recommendations.

Watched Mononoke Hime and Spirited Away. I liked Mononoke Hime better. The other two are in my watch list.
Mar 13, 2017 1:19 PM
Jun 2015
I need a recommendation from anyone that is willing to give me one!!!
Mar 13, 2017 7:42 PM

Oct 2011
Can someon recommend me a good anime?

Preferably a TV show with ~24 (or less, like ~12)

Thx <3
Mar 13, 2017 7:48 PM

Oct 2011

Bloody hell, I want to watch all this shows. Thanks a lot ^^
Mar 14, 2017 3:06 AM
Dec 2016
Who wants to help me out with a recommendation for #59? Please don't make it very long. Here is my list to prevent repeats, even though its very small. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/jfreeman1212
Mar 14, 2017 3:16 AM

Dec 2014
jfreeman1212 said:
Who wants to help me out with a recommendation for #59? Please don't make it very long. Here is my list to prevent repeats, even though its very small. https://myanimelist.net/animelist/jfreeman1212

How about Erased? It's quite good:
https://myanimelist.net/anime/31043/Boku_dake_ga_Inai_Machi
Mar 14, 2017 3:24 AM

Dec 2015
I was wondering if i could use Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon in #43.
Mar 14, 2017 4:46 AM

Aug 2013
Tsuza said:
I was wondering if i could use Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon in #43.

Kobayashi is a Programmer/Officer worker and she get paid for her job, so it should count for the challenge.
Mar 14, 2017 6:06 AM

Oct 2012
Can I put Attack on Titan S2 as an option for #62? It hasn't been reviewed but it also doesn't start until April 1st. I'm thinking no but I want to check since I will be watching it anyways.
Mar 14, 2017 6:14 AM

Jul 2009
reydb said:
Talim said:

Better wait for a moderator's answer but i guess that its ok since it's the initial post number that is requested not the current post number.Each page holds 50 posts so if for example your initial post number is 2726 you are in the 2701-2750 page and anyone with initial post number between 2701 and 2750 is considered in the same page as you

@AWC_Mod Can you help me out with this? Have yet to get a proper answer.
Mar 14, 2017 6:20 AM

Apr 2010
Finally getting around to asking for this one :
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

What I need :
- A TV series.
- No more than 26 episodes, if possible.
- Nothing that I've dropped, even if I was just after one episode. This means that you can probably discount anything that aired after 2010.
- My PTW list is fair game, provided I'm not already using it in my challenge entry for something else (cf. link in signature). But I'm open to series that aren't on my radar, too.
Mar 14, 2017 6:50 AM

Mar 2017
Jhiday said:
Finally getting around to asking for this one :
59. Watch an anime recommended to you in the challenge discussion thread

What I need :
- A TV series.
- No more than 26 episodes, if possible.
- Nothing that I've dropped, even if I was just after one episode. This means that you can probably discount anything that aired after 2010.
- My PTW list is fair game, provided I'm not already using it in my challenge entry for something else (cf. link in signature). But I'm open to series that aren't on my radar, too.

Beck
Phantom
Gungrave
Speed Grapher

Mar 14, 2017 9:09 AM

Dec 2015
Looking for some awesome recommendations for challenge: #59 please!
Anything will do :D
Mar 14, 2017 10:31 AM

Apr 2010

Thanks ! I'll probably watch Requiem for the Phantom (and get around to the others eventually).
Mar 14, 2017 10:37 AM

Jan 2017
Talim said:
reydb said:
AWC_Mod Can you help me out with this? Have yet to get a proper answer.

reydb gave you the answer you need~
As long as you already watched the anime and noted their IPN there's no need to keep changing it.
AWC_modMar 14, 2017 3:29 PM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (149) « First ... « 73 74 [75] 76 77 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Lifespan of an Anime fan? ( 1 2 )

Ex-Aid - Yesterday

80 by Nemo_Niemand »»
2 seconds ago

Poll: » Is the harem genre trashy? ( 1 2 )

JustSomeone15 - May 19

71 by Guilmon1 »»
21 seconds ago

» "This was a Masterpiece!!!" sections or moments in shows that aren't that. ( 1 2 )

APolygons2 - Apr 27

76 by Merve2Love »»
13 minutes ago

» How do you feel when fodder characters are given sympathetic backstories? (IE: Opponents the protagonists face in tournamnets you know will lose)

TheBlockernator - 1 hour ago

4 by Ratris_Decision »»
15 minutes ago

» What's the biggest outlier in your favorite series or character list?

TheBlockernator - 18 minutes ago

0 by TheBlockernator »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.