New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 30, 2016 1:02 PM
News Team
YEEHAW

Nov 2014
SymphoniacTippy said:
vriskabell said:
The US chose Re:Zero? Well, my country has never ceased to disappoint me in 2016.

It could have been worse though, altho I do like the series but it's nowhere my favorite of the entire year, maybe Top 10 or so but not #1.

DatRandomDude said:
Once again, Active Raid randomly pop-up in a list of animes in 2016, wtf ?

Isn't it just one country? Or I may be wrong a bit... still.
I guess S2 was much better imo but its still surprising that it got voted in there so.
Yeah, i know its just 1 country but i dont know how but every time we see stuff about top animes of the year, theres active raid randomly popping up somewhere in a good spot like being in the top 20 of the most interesting animes of the year from that Niconico survey or the Tokyo Anime Award beating stuff like Jojo's Bizarre adventure, Drifters, Hibike Euphonium S2 and etc.
Its just weird. Didnt know Japan liked it that much. xD
STOP SLEEPING ON ODD TAXI

Dec 30, 2016 1:06 PM
Jul 2018
DatRandomDude said:
SymphoniacTippy said:

It could have been worse though, altho I do like the series but it's nowhere my favorite of the entire year, maybe Top 10 or so but not #1.

Isn't it just one country? Or I may be wrong a bit... still.
I guess S2 was much better imo but its still surprising that it got voted in there so.
Yeah, i know its just 1 country but i dont know how but every time we see stuff about top animes of the year, theres active raid randomly popping up somewhere in a good spot like being in the top 20 of the most interesting animes of the year from that Niconico survey or the Tokyo Anime Award beating stuff like Jojo's Bizarre adventure, Drifters, Hibike Euphonium S2 and etc.
Its just weird. Didnt know Japan liked it that much. xD

I didn't even actually knew about the NicoNico thing and the Tokyo Anime Award and such. Damn I might have missed much about it xD But it's weird but at the same time, interesting xP
Dec 30, 2016 1:31 PM
Aug 2016
So, ANN also released their poll results for most popular anime this year for those who are interested. Don't really have a good idea of what kind of demographic voted there. But the top seems reasonable.
AkiKitazawaDec 30, 2016 1:34 PM
Dec 30, 2016 1:33 PM

Jul 2014
Betcha a snickers that the most popular anime in Scandinavia, Africa, Middle East and parts of South America were.... *drum roll*

Dec 30, 2016 2:49 PM

Aug 2016
Mob Psycho taking over Iceland, time to pray for ONE-sensei
Dec 30, 2016 3:19 PM

Jan 2016
The fuck is with Iran and Big Order? WHAT?
Dec 30, 2016 8:19 PM

Sep 2013
Twin Star's getting a head start in the budding africa market :)

Dec 30, 2016 8:22 PM

Jul 2016
And I don't plan to watch a single one of those "top" anime.
Dec 30, 2016 8:45 PM

Apr 2016
I like how each country's top anime are all different from each other.
Dec 30, 2016 8:46 PM

Sep 2009
I see a huge blotch of shit-taste orange (not unexpected), though I am disappointed in Canadia. I thought better of those moose-riders...
Be thankful for the wisdom granted to you.
Dec 30, 2016 8:47 PM

Jan 2011
IpreferEcchi said:
And I don't plan to watch a single one of those "top" anime.
It's better to not watch something if it doesn't grab you. The only one of the "Top" shows I can suggest is Re:Zero and maybe Yuri on Ice with fine print of(It's not a masterpiece and it's just decent/good).

Anyway...if I was really being honest there really is not top show of the year since while I found some shows great. This year was very mediocre.

Not one real season was good.
I haven't updated in years but now I have changed that. I'll be free soon.
Dec 31, 2016 1:26 AM

Aug 2015
*Puts elitist suit on*
Crunchyroll users have shit taste confirmed.

EcchiLordMamster said:
no Keijo????????

welp... guess i can give 0 fucks about this list now :/

You should start a riot, teach these plebs the true meaning of Keijo!
SomeEdgeLord said:

I WILL report you from this forum if this continues.
In real life, I am one of the coldest, unsympathetic, people you'll ever know, who's grown up in an even colder household, you really don't want me to break my persona, I know how to make people feel bad.

YearnsforAttention said:
hm who has 1656 friends on MAL
that's right me
bye bye

YearnsforAttention said:
I don't want your approval
how many damn times do I need to say it
I enjoy irritating you
I am gonna do things MY way
Dec 31, 2016 3:13 AM

May 2015
MasterHavik said:
zal said:
I would agree that Rem wasn't a waifu bait if her characterization (an only interesting characterization of the how) was forgotten in the 3rd arc, you know... like her tragic past where she is supposed to have a bit of a inferiority complex and the fact that she was supposed to hate the scent of the witch and those that smelled of it but instead she became Subaru's sex slave.

Subaru is basically a god with his return by death.
LOL!!! Well he ain't winning any fights and needs people to fight for him.
> Unkillable
> Time travel
> Could say more but don't want to spoil after the anime
Still not a god.

I find kinda ironic when Re:Zero fans make fun of SAO. SAO's fault is that it ended so we have the whole picture to judge it while Re:Zero still has some of the potential that people hype in every new show.

Also yeah that is another weakness of the show. It isn't forgotten though because he knows it and he'll bring it up.
Maybe he will maybe he won't but for half of the first season the only interesting characterization of the whole show was forgotten. I even doubt it will come back later since the show seems done with it.

MasterHavik said:
the female characters aren't just waifubait that need to be save by the hero.
Really? From what I remember Emilia and Rem were almost always saved by him even though he didn't fight directly. In the last arc Rem was basically Subaru's dog.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2016 3:21 AM

Jan 2011
zal said:
MasterHavik said:
LOL!!! Well he ain't winning any fights and needs people to fight for him.
> Unkillable
> Time travel
Still not a god.

I find kinda ironic when Re:Zero fans make fun of SAO. SAO's fault is that it ended so we have the whole picture to judge it while Re:Zero still has some of the potential that people hype in every new show.

Also yeah that is another weakness of the show. It isn't forgotten though because he knows it and he'll bring it up.
Maybe he will maybe he won't but for half of the first season the only interesting characterization of the whole show was forgotten. I even doubt it will come back later since the show seems done with it.

MasterHavik said:
the female characters aren't just waifubait that need to be save by the hero.
Really? From what I remember Emilia and Rem were almost always saved by him even though he didn't fight directly. In the last arc Rem was basically Subaru's dog.
I think him yelling at them and telling them to do this or that is not him saving him. The dude gets his ass kicked so much it's insane. I mean shit to clear out those demon dogs he needed help. Yeah he did get his win over that one guy but it was just a punch and after all the shit he has bene through. I think he deserves one win.
Dec 31, 2016 3:24 AM

Nov 2010
It's bit boring how orange the map is. Africa knows what's up, they don't all bandwagon ^^;
Dec 31, 2016 3:56 AM
Dec 2016
ReLIFE

Seriously !! I though We only love Shounen , as its in our Blood .
"You are what your deep, driving desire is. As your desire is, so is your will. As your will is, so is your deed. As your deed is, so is your destiny. " -Brihdaranyak Upanishad
Dec 31, 2016 4:13 AM

Sep 2012
I love how Germany is like:

"Fuck that cringy anime.We have yaoi."
Dec 31, 2016 4:35 AM

Dec 2011
sasalx said:

I suggest you look up Germany on a map.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Dec 31, 2016 5:16 AM

May 2015
MasterHavik said:
zal said:
> Unkillable
> Time travel
Still not a god.

I think him yelling at them and telling them to do this or that is not him saving him. The dude gets his ass kicked so much it's insane. I mean shit to clear out those demon dogs he needed help. Yeah he did get his win over that one guy but it was just a punch and after all the shit he has bene through. I think he deserves one win.
Rem going after the demon dogs was pretty much mumei going after the zombies in the second train station, forced behaviour in order to make the mc shine.
It's like the author has this moments in mind but the anime doesn't really manage to pass the build up as genuine so they come out as forced.

For what I care he could have died even 1000000000 times but if it is not believable to me then I have no empathy for him. Steins;Gate did this better and I actually felt a bit sorry for him. A lot of fans say "imagine what's that like" to justify what seems as unreasonable behaviour but I don't agree. It's the show's job to find a way to convey those feelings, if I had to insert myself into all characters in order to understand them than there would be no distinction between good and bad character as in order to divide them that way you should use logic not emotion.

Also after all that screaming and detachment from reality derived from the amount of deaths, the last death destroyed the credibility of them, his death meant pretty much nothing.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 31, 2016 6:50 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
sasalx said:

I suggest you look up Germany on a map.

Oh you are right.I guess looking that pic with mobile was not the best idea.
Dec 31, 2016 7:32 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
NoobAsian said:
*Puts elitist suit on*

EcchiLordMamster said:
no Keijo????????

welp... guess i can give 0 fucks about this list now :/

the Japanese will have to answer to me one day >:O
Dec 31, 2016 7:38 AM

Mar 2015
Australia, you disappoint me. Out of all things, you had to choose ReZero.

Clearly, our tastes are at odds.
Dec 31, 2016 8:04 AM

Jan 2011
zal said:
MasterHavik said:
Rem going after the demon dogs was pretty much mumei going after the zombies in the second train station, forced behaviour in order to make the mc shine.
It's like the author has this moments in mind but the anime doesn't really manage to pass the build up as genuine so they come out as forced.

For what I care he could have died even 1000000000 times but if it is not believable to me then I have no empathy for him. Steins;Gate did this better and I actually felt a bit sorry for him. A lot of fans say "imagine what's that like" to justify what seems as unreasonable behaviour but I don't agree. It's the show's job to find a way to convey those feelings, if I had to insert myself into all characters in order to understand them than there would be no distinction between good and bad character as in order to divide them that way you should use logic not emotion.

Also after all that screaming and detachment from reality derived from the amount of deaths, the last death destroyed the credibility of them, his death meant pretty much nothing.
Well if he keeps falling he is struck in an endless loop for the rest of his life. I wonder if that would be one of the series' end goals.

Also you can't compare to this Steins Gate. Better off comparing it to When They Cry my man. also you kind of just have to reset and understand how all the save point he reaches have 3 to 4 bad outcomes and one good outcome. You think this would get boring but they have him die in some many different way it's pretty insane. Granted this story structure isn't for everyone. It's really one that is very unique in its own right.
Dec 31, 2016 8:06 AM

Oct 2014
Yuri on Ice here in the Philippines? I disagree
Dec 31, 2016 8:08 AM

May 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
NoobAsian said:
*Puts elitist suit on*

Weren't you one of those that used to say to never question Japanese's taste? XD
Dec 31, 2016 8:25 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
zal said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Weren't you one of those that used to say to never question Japanese's taste? XD

LMAO yes, however this is blasphemy... you would THINK they'd be all over Keijo but i guess if theres no self insert male character and the girls aren't "pure" they can't get behind the show
Dec 31, 2016 2:19 PM
Oct 2016
I'm seeing some things missing there so I'm not gonna trust that bullshit map. On that note, why the fuck is Re:zero so popular, it's crap.
Dec 31, 2016 9:17 PM

Jan 2014
Damn, shit taste all around.
Thanks CR for providing me with another reason as to why 2016 was shit.
Dec 31, 2016 9:35 PM

Mar 2012
I'm sure the only reason Love Live didn't win was because Crunchyroll only showed it in Europe. Yep, that's it. That's definitely it.

Seriously though I'm pretty disappointed how boring Australia's taste is. Not that I didn't like Re:Zero but I was hoping we had more interesting taste than Trump country.
Dec 31, 2016 9:44 PM

Oct 2014
There are people who like the twin star exorcists anime?
Jan 1, 2017 3:24 AM

Dec 2014
Ayyy, Re:Zero Ftw.

I'm not surprised actually, that anime is pretty good. One of the best for it's season.

I have small reviews for almost ALL anime I've seen. Unlike any regular MAL page you've seen.

Ever wondering what I've watched and what I think about it? Check my List out below!

https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Iam_Jermaine
Jan 1, 2017 7:48 AM

Jan 2016
relife in India ? !
was that ever aired on animax or toonami ?

almoste evrything on crynchy roll shows not "available in your country"

Mod Edit: Merged duplicated posts; please use the edit button.
ShockedJan 4, 2017 9:56 PM
Jan 1, 2017 7:58 AM

Apr 2014
I thought Twin Star Excorcist was one of those really underground shows no one really gave a shit about, guess I was wrong...
Jan 1, 2017 9:17 AM

Sep 2013
TIL Crunchyroll mostly has users with shit taste. Cool.
Jan 1, 2017 3:55 PM

Mar 2016
Cant believe big order was on there >_<
Jan 1, 2017 4:21 PM

Dec 2016
Overrated series took over half of the globe. Yuri became popular in Poland??? Wuuut.
Jan 1, 2017 4:24 PM

Feb 2016
Yeah, worldwide crunchyroll watchers is a very worthless statistic and feels more like a marketing trick than something useful.

I see lots of african proxies put to work. lol
Jan 6, 2017 10:12 PM

Jun 2016
In my country..

Yuri On Ice was quite overrated than Re:Zero...

Say what now?
Jan 6, 2017 11:11 PM

Sep 2012
crx07 said:
@kazuro Maybe Crunchy thinks India and Nepal have similar tastes and thus, offering the exact same anime for them (including the exclusion of Re:Zero from the lineup)

Even then it won't beat Relife in India, webtoon was known already and Re:zero is considered garbage.
Jan 6, 2017 11:17 PM

Feb 2015
Ohh shit... When you know that you don't even know where your country is... Ohh fuck me now pls~

But well, again, no surprise Re:Zero is #1.. I mean ppl got really hyped about it.
Jan 7, 2017 12:25 AM

Jun 2015
India liked ReLife?
Wait, there are crunchyroll subscribers in India?
???
The Re:Zero domination was expected, but for a show that came out near the end of the year, YOI has done well.
-_-
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Would you be in favor of tipping Crunchyroll for every anime you complete on their platform? ( 1 2 )

Dije - Apr 16

85 by Zalis »»
59 seconds ago

» Best pink haired girl? ( 1 2 )

Spunkert - Jan 22

50 by Serafos »»
8 minutes ago

» Endless eight and mental health concerns

trinitroglycerin - 54 minutes ago

1 by Eleben »»
10 minutes ago

» Anime you regret not watching sooner

ST63LTH - 5 hours ago

17 by Eleben »»
12 minutes ago

» Who are your allies in the anime industry/community?

Catalano - Today

26 by TsutanaiFuun »»
13 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.