Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »
Dec 10, 2016 9:37 AM

Jan 2012
hopscotchclock said:
animefan8800 said:
Musket and alliance making this week. So what was going on with that scene where End Jesus told the guard to keep a secret? Looked like he dropped something but I clearly missed it.

It's funny you call him "End Jesus" because his powers are clearly biblical. He turned Gilles de Rais into a pile of salt. That's the same fate that Lot's wife met in the fall of Sodom and Gamorrah by God. Jesus can heal wombs and generate life. Apparently, the Black King came out of nowhere. Maybe Jesus is a Drifter, too and is the end all be all of Easy's plan.

Yes I have assumed that he is Jesus for awhile now.
Dec 10, 2016 11:33 AM

Sep 2014
so black jesus king is pretty damn powerful as it looks. How will they even end him? Probably not in combat, but by waiting for him to die? He mentioned he is not immortal and in one scene it looked like he is falling apart.

So Drifters army is getting more powerful with muskets and they will probably take orte by the end of this season.
I wonder when the other drifters will show up again. Especially the admiral with his carrier ._.
"This emotion is mine alone.
It is for Madoka alone." - Homura
or how I would descripe Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica.
Dec 10, 2016 3:13 PM

May 2015
Poor Bronze Dragon, being melted and shit.
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Dec 10, 2016 4:24 PM

Dec 2013
The count and his group are really annoying and unfunny...

Black King seems so broken!
Dec 10, 2016 6:22 PM

May 2016
Wouldn't it be better to replicate the gatling gun that the cowboy dudes had?... it would be way more useful than muskets in mowing down an entire army.
Dec 10, 2016 8:36 PM

Oct 2011
Black King Jesus is Op omg
Dec 11, 2016 12:24 AM
Jul 2016
I'm about to cry its about to end OMG pls extend it . i feel like this anime is the only anime on the world i watch beside one peice .it's has refreshing impact on me as soon as i get back form work every day .i watch it daylly every night the so ,it's master peace of work . FK what am going to watch next if this anime ends . any one can advice me with anime EXACTLY like this one Japanese samurai .it = bleach but with more realistic facts about the present . i can't find what kind of future this anime has he talked about hieitler ,oda nobogona famous ppl who has changed the world maybe trump comes next long the way . what could beat that anime
Dec 11, 2016 3:30 AM

Jul 2009
Every episode I get more curious about Black King!
Dec 11, 2016 3:50 PM

Nov 2009
Oh no it's only 12 eps long...............oh please do well, o' glorious anime of this season......season 2 is necessary........................
Seriously, it has been ages since I have been looking forward to a series every single week. Please continue.............
Dec 11, 2016 11:25 PM
Jun 2013
FrozenRaider said:
Poor Bronze Dragon, being melted and shit.

I wonder how the other dragons will react to his abuse since he is apparently the baby of the lot XD

But yah I feel sorry for him too, poor baby dragon ;___;
Dec 12, 2016 2:42 AM

May 2013
-Abyss_Walker- said:
Wouldn't it be better to replicate the gatling gun that the cowboy dudes had?... it would be way more useful than muskets in mowing down an entire army.

was thinking the same thing, i guess they will develop them later.
Dec 12, 2016 6:02 AM
Nov 2016
I am totally a fan of Toyahisa. His way of thinking, his simple lifestyle, his warrior code, and his corny jokes. Lmao

Another episode that would make you wonder who the Black King really is. Another Samurai on the Ends.
Dec 12, 2016 7:53 AM

May 2016
Its 10/12 episodes of anime and im still dont know where is main story :D
Dec 12, 2016 8:10 AM
Nov 2013
Well there's the manga continuation and we probably won't get a season 2 of Drifters =(
Dec 12, 2016 1:40 PM

May 2014
One of the better episodes, that's for sure!
Looking forward to this alliance with Saint Germi...mostly bc he's a pretty fun character.

Also wondering if Africanus will re-emerge with Naoshi as a new ally before the end of the season.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 12, 2016 8:36 PM
Nov 2016
I am totally a fan of Toyahisa. His way of thinking, his simple lifestyle, his warrior code, and his corny jokes. Lmao

Another episode that would make you wonder who the Black King really is. Another Samurai on the Ends.
Dec 13, 2016 8:23 AM

Jun 2013
well when spending weekend with partying of course you forgot to this episode! =p

Even Dragon Kings are going to suffer if they won't bow huh...Bronze Dragon is going to suffer a lot until BK decides it's enough....

Damn..I know this Saint Germini's men are quite freaky, but they are Strong....but Still Hell Freaky Okama's!!!!!

LOl....The Drunk Yoichi...and Muscular Dwarfs....they are getting their Guns now....10 Guns a day....damn...it will be Warhammer soon...Dwarfs with Cannon Guns! XD

Why the hell is this Episode skipping scenes from Manga? Example Germini should have started to Scream at Murasaki when he heard that Oda and CO. are Making a Lot of Black Powder

Anastasia Romanov, looks like the Execution of her Family has erased any kindness expect towards those she regards as friends AKA Jean....she is Hot...but her Eyes scare me more than Jean's Craziness. But her Small Tsundere acting is Cute....*I am not angered* Oh and she is Speaking about how Japan's Imperial Navy Fleet Gave literal Spanking to Russian Empire Navv in WW2? or something else?

and there is that BK turning slowly to salt.....that's why he is in hurry huh...

So Germini respects Hitler huh....well...OK...Man was Monster but still created a Big Powerful Nation...That is only thing I admit...rest of it...may he Rot in what ever Shitty Horrible thing comes to SOB like him in Death...

Yeah, Orte falls in most way most Powerful Nations Fall...by the Hands of the Traitors Inside! XD
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 13, 2016 10:33 AM

Apr 2009
Jarjaxle said:
Oh and she is Speaking about how Japan's Imperial Navy Fleet Gave literal Spanking to Russian Empire Navv in WW2? or something else?

Anastasia died long before WW2. She is speaking about Russo-Japanese War of 1904-1905.
Dec 13, 2016 11:53 AM

Aug 2016
joe_g7 said:

After this episode I'm doubting that the Black King is Jesus, it just doesn't fit.

I dont know, it showed up that Adolf Hitler was one of Drifters, who are kind of good guys from our point of story, so why Jesus couldn't be bad guy in this story?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 13, 2016 12:07 PM

Dec 2015
Martin_Taylor said:
joe_g7 said:

After this episode I'm doubting that the Black King is Jesus, it just doesn't fit.

I dont know, it showed up that Adolf Hitler was one of Drifters, who are kind of good guys from our point of story, so why Jesus couldn't be bad guy in this story?

He was a drifter but definitely not a good guy, he enslaved the neighboring nations and forced them to work.
As I said before I don't think it's Jesus because when Jesus 'died' he wasn't old, he also didn't carry any staffs -which I think the thing on it's top (I don't know what it's called) HAS to do something with his identity.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 13, 2016 12:17 PM

Apr 2009
joe_g7 said:
As I said before I don't think it's Jesus because when Jesus 'died' he wasn't old, he also didn't carry any staffs -which I think the thing on it's top (I don't know what it's called) HAS to do something with his identity.

We have no idea how old The Black King is. Also the insect on his staff is a dragonfly.
Dec 13, 2016 12:25 PM

Dec 2015
Klimat said:
joe_g7 said:

We have no idea how old The Black King is. Also the insect on his staff is a dragonfly.

It is obvious by his hands that he isn't a young man. Yeah dragonfly, that's what it's called, thanks! I personally don't think that the dragonfly doesn't symbolize ANYTHING at all, it must mean something. He could have used a cross or maybe even make a reference to the crown of thrones. My point being: there has been next to nothing implying that he is Jesus, except of the fact that the humans rejected him and that's why he is now helping the demi-humans or whatever they're called.
Dec 13, 2016 12:37 PM

Apr 2009
joe_g7 said:
It is obvious by his hands that he isn't a young man.

His hands look more tortured than old if you ask me.
joe_g7 said:
My point being: there has been next to nothing implying that he is Jesus, except of the fact that the humans rejected him and that's why he is now helping the demi-humans or whatever they're called.

There are more clues.
Dec 13, 2016 12:47 PM

Dec 2015
Klimat said:
joe_g7 said:

joe_g7 said:
My point being: there has been next to nothing implying that he is Jesus, except of the fact that the humans rejected him and that's why he is now helping the demi-humans or whatever they're called.

There are more clues.

Well, I haven't read the manga and if you're making all those point based on what you have seen in the manga, then fine you might be correct, but in the anime I have seen none of those. I have said what I said based on the anime alone.
Dec 13, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2009
joe_g7 said:
Well, I haven't read the manga and if you're making all those point based on what you have seen in the manga, then fine you might be correct, but in the anime I have seen none of those. I have said what I said based on the anime alone.

Five clues I've listed before linking the omake page were all present in the anime, probably you've just payed no attention to them.
1). Crucifixion-like scars on TBK's palms can be seen on multiple occasions like episode 4, timestamp 07:00 or episode 10, timestamp 01:30.
2). Whip induced-like scars on TBK's hands can be seen on many occasions, for example in episode 3, time stamp 07:59.
3). Healing powers were shown in episode 4, watch from 07:01. Food multiplying can be seen in episode 10 starting from 02:34.
4). TBK being rejected by humans is something you've recognized yourself, so I'm not gonna look up when exactly that happen.
5). Fig tree reference happened in episode 06, watch starting from 21:42.

BTW, gooling dragonfly symbolism among other things brings up such meaning as "Defeat of Self Created Illusions", which fits perfectly to TBK version of Jesus.
Dec 13, 2016 1:53 PM

Aug 2016
Klimat said:
joe_g7 said:

joe_g7 said:

There are more clues.

Say no more, Iam completly convinced it is Jesus now, they just never say it aloud to not piss religious people.
Dec 13, 2016 2:43 PM

Dec 2015
Klimat said:
joe_g7 said:

Five clues I've listed before linking the omake page were all present in the anime, probably you've just payed no attention to them.
1). Crucifixion-like scars on TBK's palms can be seen on multiple occasions like episode 4, timestamp 07:00 or episode 10, timestamp 01:30.
2). Whip induced-like scars on TBK's hands can be seen on many occasions, for example in episode 3, time stamp 07:59.
3). Healing powers were shown in episode 4, watch from 07:01. Food multiplying can be seen in episode 10 starting from 02:34.
4). TBK being rejected by humans is something you've recognized yourself, so I'm not gonna look up when exactly that happen.

BTW, gooling dragonfly symbolism among other things brings up such meaning as "Defeat of Self Created Illusions", which fits perfectly to TBK version of Jesus.

I saw the scars on his palm, the manga which shows him building a house (Jesus was a carpenter) and "I wanted to save the humans but they rejected me" hmmm the obvious answer is Jesus tbh. Now I'm thinking "it must be jesus", but I'm still hoping Hirano-sensei is just playing with us and wouldn't make it so obvious, I mean, wouldn't it be awesome when everyone thinks "It's 100% him" you just come and show them how misguided they were? It would be the best twist ever and that's why I'm gonna keep a bit of doubt about him being Jesus.
Dec 14, 2016 2:23 AM

Sep 2016
Loved this episode!
Also hyped for the admiral!
Dec 14, 2016 3:21 AM

Jun 2013
joe_g7 said:
Klimat said:

I saw the scars on his palm, the manga which shows him building a house (Jesus was a carpenter) and "I wanted to save the humans but they rejected me" hmmm the obvious answer is Jesus tbh. Now I'm thinking "it must be jesus", but I'm still hoping Hirano-sensei is just playing with us and wouldn't make it so obvious, I mean, wouldn't it be awesome when everyone thinks "It's 100% him" you just come and show them how misguided they were? It would be the best twist ever and that's why I'm gonna keep a bit of doubt about him being Jesus.

that is somewhat what I am thinking/hoping....while currently it is almost like 100% sure it is Jesus, but somehow I am hoping that is just Hirano-sensei trolling us. but so far everything is showing that he is that Guy.....have to say tough...if it is him...looks like his "FATHER" did not come to take him when he was on the cross....Envy got there first huh....
Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival.~Winston Churchill

"Fate of the universe will be Decided as it SHOULD be, in MORTAL KOMBAT!" ~Elder Gods

"Justice WILL Prevail?" "But OF COURSE IT WILL!! WHOEVER WINS, BECOMES THE JUSTICE!!!" ~Donquixote Doflamingo (King, Pirate, Shichibukai, Philosopher(?) (One Piece))
Dec 14, 2016 3:24 AM

Jun 2013
hahahaha.....*Looks Oda Mark on the back of the Guy Yoshitsune found*.....So he is here....XD

Not spoiling anything...not even a spoiler in my opinion but still....

Dec 14, 2016 3:31 AM

Mar 2008
Jarjaxle said:
hahahaha.....*Looks Oda Mark on the back of the Guy Yoshitsune found*.....So he is here....XD

It's very similar, but that wasn't the Oda's crest.
Dec 14, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2013
Ckan said:
Jarjaxle said:

It's very similar, but that wasn't the Oda's crest.

ah...ok...but me thinks that like me you know who it is! X3

Dec 14, 2016 2:12 PM
Mar 2016
So the founder of the Orte Empire is Hitler, and now Saint Germi is swiching sides. Bronze Dragon is use as a living Bronze mine.
Dec 15, 2016 1:36 AM

Jun 2013
It's Jesus! Black King is Jesus!

Hide all boys, never mind the girls. It would've been a Boku no Pico fuckfest if they didn't hide.

Allister loves old fogies and Flamé loves bishounen like Yoichi.
臭い-
Dec 16, 2016 10:38 PM

Jul 2014
When did Alucard join the ends?
HealmeplzDec 16, 2016 10:44 PM
Dec 17, 2016 1:01 AM

Dec 2012
The theory about Jesus looks more and more consistent.
Nice there is a new character and his crest looks like the Nobunaga clan. I am looking forward to see Nobunaga's reaction!
Great episode as usual.
Dec 17, 2016 12:31 PM

Mar 2010
Well I can't trust a traitor, but what other choice or opportunity can these guys give up. On the other hand Its smart to go to a winning side rather than a dying one.

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Dec 20, 2016 3:19 AM

Jul 2008
I really don't see how anyone can beat the Black King here.
Dec 20, 2016 7:59 PM
Oct 2012
The worst thing about this show is I want the Black King to succeed as much as I want the heroes to.

Damn I love this show!
Dec 24, 2016 7:49 AM

Apr 2009
Black King is totally Jesus. You can even see the marks of crucifixion in his hands if you look closely in some scenes.
Dec 29, 2016 5:13 AM

Feb 2014
YES IT WAS REALLY HITLER

I had hoped he would be here since 6 episodes ago! YES!
Dec 30, 2016 12:50 PM
Sep 2015
How did hitler create ortis(?) kingdom if he was born centuries after toyohisa?
Keep in mind that when toyohisa arrived in that world the kingdom was already created.
Tf?
Hitler was born in 1889, assuming he was sent to that world in the year of his death which was 1945(because following the plot all of them "died" when they became drifters)
Toyohisa became a drifter around year 1600, and when he arrived the ortis kingdom was already there.
Jan 8, 2017 9:25 AM

Apr 2014
Yoichi- best trap of the year.
---------My Profile------------
Jan 9, 2017 8:19 AM

Apr 2012
“The first shall be last and the last shall be first”
Called it! No doubt about it now, who he is.
I like Hentai, you like real life.
Instead of complaining about my tastes, be grateful you now don't have to compete against me.
Jan 13, 2017 4:45 PM

Mar 2012
It seems like they're going with the Black King being Jesus after all, wtf. Unless they're just trolling the viewers into thinking that.
Jan 17, 2017 4:05 PM

Aug 2014

I find that very hard to believe lol.

And I gotta say, so far Easy's character has been nothing but a disappointment. I was hyped for her at first since her design reminds me of a lot of Girlycard but she turned out to be a huge fucking joke everytime she's on screen.
KashKetchumJan 17, 2017 8:02 PM
Jan 29, 2017 2:57 AM

Mar 2015
That Black King is near-omnipotent but as we saw, he isn't immortal
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 7, 2017 2:59 PM

May 2012
That ending sure was weird! Pretty fun though, let's see what's next.
Feb 7, 2017 6:31 PM

Oct 2008
I have to repeat myself because of the entertainment!: This is so funny-hilarious at the same time badass cool!
I'm following [Some-Stuffs] subs
5/5!

Feb 7, 2017 7:18 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, the Black King has pretty legit power. Even taking down the Bronze Dragon like that O_O Dwarves have the musket production going already, and seems like Count Saint Germi well ... he's interesting to say the least. Hitler was indeed the Father of the Orte Empire, but I think Germi just wants to be on the winning side, at least that's why he's "selling" the Empire's defeat. Jean's back and recovered too, so I'm guessing we'll have at least one more big battle before the end of this :D
Pages (3) « 1 [2] 3 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Drifters Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 21, 2016

205 by nick_el_son »»
Jan 19, 9:39 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2016

167 by JackFrost1267 »»
Jan 3, 9:47 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 11, 2016

129 by MizuhoKamui »»
Dec 15, 2023 6:38 PM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 16, 2016

81 by fathandz »»
Dec 10, 2023 1:04 AM

Poll: » Drifters Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 2, 2016

92 by fathandz »»
Dec 4, 2023 10:40 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.