Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »
Dec 8, 2016 5:20 AM

Jul 2015
I adored this episode, so much to love! I bumped my rating of yoi up to 10 because of this episode lmao
Dec 8, 2016 6:00 AM

Nov 2011
The Yaoi in this anime is going a biiiit overboard, but whatever, It doesn't feel like it's overshadowing anything which is good.

I loved how everyone basically ignored JJ, that was hilarious.

The ending reminded me a lot of the Hangover, when all of the pictures were being shown lol.
Listen to my podcast
https://anchor.fm/waifusandweeaboos

Follow my twitch.
https://www.twitch.tv/sorasensei1

Spring 2024 Waifus on Profile

"You can have multiple Waifus" -me

Dec 8, 2016 6:01 AM

Aug 2009
Can someone help me? Did the scene in which Victor asks if Yuri wants a commemorative photo happen before or after the gala? I'm confused
Dec 8, 2016 6:19 AM
Nov 2016
rainsworth said:
Can someone help me? Did the scene in which Victor asks if Yuri wants a commemorative photo happen before or after the gala? I'm confused

Before the banquet! :) http://lookiamnotcreative.tumblr.com/post/154192930747/so-that-scene-in-episode-1
Dec 8, 2016 6:24 AM

Aug 2009
Leverette0014 said:
rainsworth said:

Before the banquet! :) http://lookiamnotcreative.tumblr.com/post/154192930747/so-that-scene-in-episode-1

Oh, thanks! It's less sad for Viktor than I was previously thinking then
Dec 8, 2016 6:39 AM

Jan 2014

Great episode. It was hilarious! Loved the pic of Victor and Chris at the pool, they're so funny in their own way.

Finally an episode from Victor's POV, and we're getting to know more about him. Look at him, how he's constantly trying to do what's best for Yuuri. It's great.

Nice Otabek-Yurio development. It was a bit cliched, but not cringey. Looks like Yuuri and Victor aren't the only ones who are forgetful.

Wow, who would have thought that they'd actually exchange rings. That was beautiful.

The thing between Victor and Yurio was so weird.

After the plot twist, so many things make sense now! Somebody give Victor a hug please. Poor guy... But damn, Yuuri pole dancing with Chris, haha. Such eros.

So next week we get SPs again, looks like they may have altered Eros a bit so Yuuri can beat JJ, so that's something to look forward to. Also, one to us new program by Otabek and something that looks like flashbacks from Victor's past. Can't wait!
Dec 8, 2016 7:36 AM

Nov 2010
I think the stuff with Otabek is that he treats Yuri like equal when others- although they see him as great skater- they see him as teenager, child etc. and some make fun of him (mostly JJ lol). He's in equal standings with Otabek.
Dec 8, 2016 7:47 AM

Aug 2016
I HAD FUCKING MULTIPLE HEART ATTACKS JUST BY WATCHING THIS FUCKING EPISODE GOD
TOO OVERWHELMED IM DROWNING FUCK

Dec 8, 2016 7:49 AM
Jul 2016
Symptomatic said:

Make sure you still have soul to watch next eps. :3

I think this show would be in 12 eps.
Stop acting so small. You are the universe in ecstatic motion.
Dec 8, 2016 7:57 AM

Aug 2016
samazawa said:
Symptomatic said:

Make sure you still have soul to watch next eps. :3

I think this show would be in 12 eps.

I'LL WATCH IT I'LL TAKE THE RISK
But then it really takes a while before I finally calm down because I can't scream my lungs out here in our house. So frustrating. :<

I want a season 2 when yoi ends. Or they should publish the manga, at least.
Dec 8, 2016 8:37 AM

Nov 2015
Refreshing episode. I can't believe that they got engaged!!!

Dec 8, 2016 8:57 AM

Feb 2012
I can't believe that this show actually keeps giving us the things we jokingly wished for. //dabs joyous tears
Dec 8, 2016 9:41 AM
Sep 2014
Kubo-sensei tweeted something about love in YOI and that everyone is free of loving whoever/whatever they want without being judged.

SO that must mean homophobia doesn't exist in YOI's world and if homophobia doesn't exist it means same sex marriage is legal in Japan in this world.

And if you get where I'm going with this...

If we really do have the Viktor/Yuuri wedding in final episode this anime have a huge chance of MAKING HISTORY
Dec 8, 2016 11:29 AM
Jun 2016
I like how this episode basicly explains all the subtext from day 1, I liked that stuff, but always seemed odd what was up, and well..we find out :> Yuri had been hitting on victor a year earlier hehe, probably had thought that Yuri had snubbed him untill he did the routine :> Oh man so much awesome. Funny how one scene can change and explain so much, and it's really just a mostly wordless series of photo's with 3 lines at the end.
Dec 8, 2016 11:47 AM

Jun 2007
i'm glad yurio made a friend :] i like characters like otabek a lot
a sudden revelation about the party. i love things like that
this anime is fresh and pure and brilliant. also it teaches me how to be more romantic with my girl.... honestly
see you, space cowperson . . .
Dec 8, 2016 12:24 PM
Mar 2015
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Even without any skating, this episode was still great. The credits were fucking hilarious and I love how much camera phones and social media play a part in this series.

Exactly my thoughts!!
I love both ending sequences to this show~ They really help reveal more about the characters--especially the party photos and footage lol!

Chibi-Alice said:
AND OMG DRUNK YURI AND DID VICTOR SERIOUSLY FELL IN LOVE WITH YURI RIGHT THEN AND THERE?

Yesss that was my take too!! So many revelations in that flashback. Loved this episode so much~!

KomaDoll said:
That ending actually changes things up a lot since it means that Viktor know about Yuri before his video went viral. Yuri didn't remember interacting with Viktor especially like doing couple dances with him and asking him to be his coach lol. But Viktor must have been surprised when Yuuri got flustered about his flirting and avoided him in the beginning lol.

Also it might mean that Viktor was if not in love with Yuuri, but had at least interested of him a while before flying to become his coach. So it wasn't quite that impulsive decision as it seemed.
emilytea said:
So gay. Everything about this episode was gay gay and more gay. I loved every second of it. The outro also filled that hole in my heart that wanted- nay, needed- to see Viktor and Yuuri in some sort of 'skating together' situation. These kids are adorable.
This was also the exact sort of Viktor POV episode that people were asking for, giving some insight into his mind and how he thinks- I appreciate it for that. His motivations for coaching Yuuri were revealed to be more than just a moment's whim, as many predicted, and the playful facade he puts up was cracked just a wee bit more.
I hadn't watched anime in a long while before this, and I'm starting to think that I've thoroughly spoiled myself with this one.

Edit: Also, Yuuri was even more adorable than usual in this episode? Like, what? How is that possible? It's a mystery

EDIT 2: LORDY LORD. How in the hickety heck are there still people denying this shit? It's like the lady who talks about how her perpetually single son and his male "roommate" got in a fight so he moved out, and she's still holding her breath for grandkids. Like, sorry lady, he's GAY. IT'S GAY.

So true!!
Dec 8, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2013
YES WE WERE BORN TO SHIP VICTURI! *-*
Dec 8, 2016 12:26 PM
Mar 2015
kono_baka said:
talewind said:

The thing is, people always play the "why can't this just be a special intimate bond between ~true friends~ uwu" card when the possibility of a queer relationship in fiction comes up, let alone the canonical fact of one. For one thing, it carries the implication that same-sex relationships and emotionally intimate friendships are mutually exclusive, and for another, more often than not it's an attempt to erase and invalidate same-sex relationships when they're already severely lacking in popular media. We saw it happen with Korra and Asami after the series finale of The Legend of Korra, and now we're seeing it happen again with Yuri!!! on Ice. But the thing is, emotionally intimate friendships and same-sex relationships aren't and shouldn't be mutually exclusive. It's generally considered a good thing when two people are friends and have some level of closeness before they become a couple. You can appreciate the emotional depth of Victor and Yuuri's relationship while also appreciating the existence of a same-sex couple in a relatively mainstream anime, a medium that's not well-known for featuring same-sex relationships that exist for more than audience titillation.

Wow, talewind! This is very well said! I just opened an account specially to reply to this comment, I am very impressed with how you worded it. This is exactly my feelings, and I couldn't express it in a better way. I am getting really frustrated when, at this point, people still deny Viktor and Yuuri's relationship. And this is not about respecting opinion. I mean, come on! There is a couple in a romantic love, and they don't need people's "opinion" to validate their relationship! I won't go in any further to proove why this isn't a simple "pure friendship relationship" because people who refuse to see it will never see it.

And I love asking that question, so here it goes, please think about it: what if Yuuri is a woman and Viktor is a man. And EVERYTHING ELSE that happened in this anime stays the same. Just Yuuri's gender is different. What if. Imagine this. And picture this with the ring exchange scene. Would people still say that this is only a "friend relationship" between the two of them? NO!!! Why not??? Because hetero romance is just okay and is so easily acceptable and self-validated. So now. Yuuri is a guy. What has changed? The simple fact that they are both guys seems to change everything for some people. Geez.

Well said, talewind and kono_baka!!
Dec 8, 2016 12:30 PM

Jun 2013
So, how long before people start complaining that this is the most overrated thing ever like it was with erased and RE Zero?
Dec 8, 2016 12:47 PM

Jun 2015
What was that episode!!! Victor makes it look so homo by joking like this. Engagement rings? I'm starting to believe it.

Holy! that ending OH MY GOD, My jaws dropped and they stayed dropped even after the episode was already over. I'm going crazy.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 8, 2016 12:53 PM

Jun 2015
xull said:
Refreshing episode. I can't believe that they got engaged!!!

It was a joke! Viktor makes it sound real. I'll be dead if it's real.
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
Dec 8, 2016 1:11 PM
Jul 2010
SakurasouBusters said:
So, how long before people start complaining that this is the most overrated thing ever like it was with erased and RE Zero?

well This show is a completely different genre and fanbase compared to Re Zero and Erased
Dec 8, 2016 1:54 PM
Oct 2016
Did you guys know that a lot of gay couples, when they get married, they wear their wedding rings on the Right instead of the Left? It's not just a Russia thing. Its a Same-Sex Marriage thing too.

For me, if they were just charms and sentiments of thank yous, a ring that goes on a different finger would have been just fine and less expensive too. The fact that Same Sex marriages use the right hand, and that they exchanged the rings in a church, (and the fact that they were expensive gold wedding rings) make the engagement way more believable to me. And when you marry someone, in a way you are saying 'thank you' and also you are making a 'promise' so the whole charm and sentiment bit can still apply while being engaged.

Drunk Yuuri is friggen adorable. x3 I want to see more of Drunk Yuuri!
Dec 8, 2016 2:26 PM

Mar 2015
Kept laughing for 10 mins straight after that ED OMG xD
Show us more drunk Yuri!! That was pricless!! Fangirled at the end xD
Quite a shock that Yuri came on to Victor & he himself asked him to be his coach. Just wasn't expecting that at all..
*still laughing*
Dec 8, 2016 2:30 PM

Sep 2010
Demonskid said:
Did you guys know that a lot of gay couples, when they get married, they wear their wedding rings on the Right instead of the Left? It's not just a Russia thing. Its a Same-Sex Marriage thing too.

JJ and his fiancee wear theirs on their right hand too. Look at his Instagram picture.
Dec 8, 2016 2:38 PM

Feb 2015
Engagement rings

Yurio

That ED

perfection >.<
Dec 8, 2016 2:43 PM

Feb 2015
SakurasouBusters said:

People who are allergic to BL have already started to say this.

If the ending to this series is good, then I don't think there will be much of that. Erased collapsed a bit at the end and made the murderer super obvious which is why people say it's overrated so as long as YoI stays consistent, its legacy will be fine. Also it's important that they don't shut down the relationship between Yuri and Victor as 'just friends'. That will piss off a lot of people.
Dec 8, 2016 3:09 PM
Dec 2016
Helenus said:
Ok, again I have to be that one person in this thread: there were no romantic feelings involved in this episode. Not at all.

Kudos to the director to be a master of teasing. But no. Just no. This episode was the perfect example to show how they play everything 'romantic' as a joke. Just look how the whole tone changes when they bring the marriage thing up. Even in-universe they don't take it seriously. No gay-marriage, sorry. I totally doubt that there's love involved between Yuri and Victor. The ring is a token of appreciation. The narration made it clear.

Nonetheless it was an interesting episode. I really like Otabek. And the Yuri Plisetsky fangirls are quite an accurate representation of the YOI fandom.

9/10.

P.S.: I'm convinced Chris is gay. 100%.

-- I completely agree!! 200%! Sigh. ANd I thought when they said YOI will be revolutionary I thought the romance would be a little serious. So far, they've only made people guessing and making wild theories because they keep on teasing.
Dec 8, 2016 3:11 PM

Dec 2015
SakurasouBusters said:
I don't think there will be as much as haters as there was for Erased or reZero, because there are people who just steer away from this anime because its gay. and sports don't interest people as much as thrillers do.
no
Dec 8, 2016 3:14 PM
Mar 2015
Pretty good episode and the only thing I cared about in this episode was Chris.
Dec 8, 2016 3:51 PM

Jun 2013
i don't care if they're gay or not that ED was amazing
Dec 8, 2016 3:57 PM

Jul 2013
I thought this was gonna be a filler episode BUT I COULDN'T BE MORE WRONG...
The ending was hilarious af and the last few minutes revealed so much about who/where Viktor was mentally before he decided to become Yuri's couch.

Also, there was a really good tweet by @ breecss that said:
"You watch yuri on ice twice.
First, from yuuri's point of view
Second, from viktor's"
Though this was an interesting approach to the rest of the series and if you're going to rewatch it! (I know I will)

Also, I sorta feel like this episode confirmed my doubt that Yuri won't win gold this season given what Viktor said about marrying him. I DO think they're in love (or at least a romantic possibility between them) but I think they're going to stretch that promise for a second season.
Dec 8, 2016 4:23 PM
Oct 2016
Weeb-Claire said:
Also, I sorta feel like this episode confirmed my doubt that Yuri won't win gold this season given what Viktor said about marrying him. I DO think they're in love (or at least a romantic possibility between them) but I think they're going to stretch that promise for a second season.

Or Yuuri will win the gold, and the second season will be about a certain 2nd Yuri and his new relationship with Otabek. Which would explain Victor's sidetrack about 'the hero of Kasakhstan kidnapping the fairy of Russia' and the worldwide social media interest in it. I wonder what kind of advice Victor and Yuuri will give to their 'son' and his boyfriend?
Dec 8, 2016 4:41 PM

Jan 2011
what a wonderful episode legit put a ring on it lol guess that's that then i'd be amazed in if it doesn't happened by the end.

still i don't know whose more insane the BL fans are Yurio's fans don't recall the last time i've seen such a reaction to a pairing :P
Dec 8, 2016 4:44 PM

Dec 2013
This is the best Yuri on Ice episode.
So many wonderful things in 20 minutes. <3
Dec 8, 2016 4:46 PM

Aug 2015
That was certainly a surprising ED this time around.
Dec 8, 2016 5:11 PM

Aug 2015
So they were not really engaged,
I hyped for nothing lol
although I'm not Fujoshi but I'm really in love with yuuri victor's relationship <3
Ara Ara~
Dec 8, 2016 5:16 PM

Jul 2013
shirley77 said:
Weeb-Claire said:

Or Yuuri will win the gold, and the second season will be about a certain 2nd Yuri and his new relationship with Otabek. Which would explain Victor's sidetrack about 'the hero of Kasakhstan kidnapping the fairy of Russia' and the worldwide social media interest in it. I wonder what kind of advice Victor and Yuuri will give to their 'son' and his boyfriend?

uuuuu, this is an interesting idea! Can't wait to see who wins!
Dec 8, 2016 5:22 PM

Dec 2013
Episodes 11 and 12 have not aired yet and I already want a season 2 SO BADLYYY.
Dec 8, 2016 5:54 PM

Jul 2014
This episode was everything!!! And also very very beautifully gay! I loved, loved, loved it. Victor and Yuri are the best. And Yurio making a friend makes me so happy. Also JJ getting ignored was hilarious. But that ring...that ring! I literally screamed out loud and made incoherent noises when that happened.. It made me so happy. As a queer anime fan I don't get these kind of moments often so I shall treasure them forever when I do. Thanks YOI!
Dec 8, 2016 5:57 PM

Nov 2016
Like everyone else, I was also not expecting that part from Yuri and Victor with the rings on their fingers. I don't know what to say other than this episode was absolutely amazing! I had this feeling it gave all sorts of vibes that it was bound to happen but not this so soon. Also, seeing Yurio and Otabek form a friendship with each other was really nice as they knew each other back then.

The last ED sequence made me like "Whoa! Who would have thought Yuri was such a good dancer?" A very surprising and yet great episode indeed! Yuri on Ice sure has made history with the type of gay relationship I've have never seen before in anime. Victor is really handsome and I can't blame Yuri for that. He has been a good coach to him and they do look like a good pair.

Next week with the Grand Prix Finals, it will be a rough ride for all of the skaters competing for this moment.
Dec 8, 2016 6:20 PM
Dec 2016
Made an account just to post! This episode had me shook! The ED though, you go get them Yuri! With the preview and anime cliches, I think that the shot with Yurio looking shocked is inevitably because of his grandpa passing away. Yurio has yet to ace his agape and albeit unexpected, I think it will be a great wrap up to Yurio's storyline and motivation for finally perfecting his agape. It is also mentioned that a ring is lost, most likely Yuri's (since he lost the bags of nuts this episode) and I think that is the reason for Victor's long face in the preview.

As for the winner, I also don't think Yuri will win. Mainly because it wouldn't be a realistic ending (I think it would overload the ending). I do think Yuri will place, if he places 2nd, maybe they can exchange the gold rings for silver rings instead ;D.

As for future expectations (after the grand prix final is over), I would like the idea of Victor and Yuri switching off as each others' coach from season to season. It would give both of them a chance to continue their careers in professional ice skating, yet also give them a break on the ice from year to year. Though professional ice skating careers don't last long to begin with (serious knee, ankle, and joint issues) and most ice skaters retire before 35, or even 30.
Dec 8, 2016 6:51 PM
Nov 2016
A little something I noticed when rewatching the episode... When Yuuri is drunk af and askng Victor to be his coach, they clearly show Victors pupils dilate. I may be reading too much into this but pupil dilation IS a classic sign of physical/sexual/emotional attraction and could be a subtle way of showing us when Victors attraction to Yuuri began...
Dec 8, 2016 8:26 PM
Dec 2016
ssmith14377 said:
seika_e said:
why am i the only one stuck on the victor and yurio scene...i never understood their relationship

I know me to. I mean Victurri is great but why did Victor get so close to Yurio. I mean Victor is 10 years older than him but who knows I hope they touch on that more. I think they will because they made a very smart and creative episode and it linked other episodes together and tied some loose ends but also kept some open. I feel the creative team for this show is good and I expect more great things to come. And So I hope there is a season two because I have a feeling that Yuri won't win gold. I mean look at the next preview Victor was back with his poodle and looked gloomy. So will Victor compete again and will he compete against Yuri and Yurio or is Victurri a real thing. I wanted to hear Victors perspective so I'm so happy that they did his narration. I hope they do an ova on just Victor as a skater and what he really wants to do with his life. Oh man the feels

I believe the last scene explains why Yurio was always infuriated with Victor's actions. Yurio was very envious of Victor's professional skating career and aspired to be a top figure skater like Victor, only to see him drop his entire career to coach Yuri. Victor had everything going for him, he was winning championship after championship (which was what Yuri always strive for), and he doesn't understand why Victor would turn all that down.

Though Yurio believes Victor dropped his career to coach Yuri (and hates Yuri tremendously for that reason), this episode showed that Victor was always discontent with his life off the ice. He felt empty; he had no life no love outside of skating. Which was why he felt compelled to break out of that endless cycle and thought that coaching Yuri would be a great place to start.

Yurio is very disappointed in Victor's choice of dropping/holding off his career. Yurio thought that Victor was like him where his life was solely dedicated to competing -- which links to Obatek comment on how they are both alike, they are just ice skating soldiers/machines to say the least-- only to be proven wrong.
Dec 8, 2016 8:46 PM
Aug 2012
SleepyPancakes said:
ssmith14377 said:

I know me to. I mean Victurri is great but why did Victor get so close to Yurio. I mean Victor is 10 years older than him but who knows I hope they touch on that more. I think they will because they made a very smart and creative episode and it linked other episodes together and tied some loose ends but also kept some open. I feel the creative team for this show is good and I expect more great things to come. And So I hope there is a season two because I have a feeling that Yuri won't win gold. I mean look at the next preview Victor was back with his poodle and looked gloomy. So will Victor compete again and will he compete against Yuri and Yurio or is Victurri a real thing. I wanted to hear Victors perspective so I'm so happy that they did his narration. I hope they do an ova on just Victor as a skater and what he really wants to do with his life. Oh man the feels

I believe the last scene explains why Yurio was always infuriated with Victor's actions. Yurio was very envious of Victor's professional skating career and aspired to be a top figure skater like Victor, only to see him drop his entire career to coach Yuri. Victor had everything going for him, he was winning championship after championship (which was what Yuri always strive for), and he doesn't understand why Victor would turn all that down.

Though Yurio believes Victor dropped his career to coach Yuri (and hates Yuri tremendously for that reason), this episode showed that Victor was always discontent with his life off the ice. He felt empty; he had no life no love outside of skating. Which was why he felt compelled to break out of that endless cycle and thought that coaching Yuri would be a great place to start.

Yurio is very disappointed in Victor's choice of dropping/holding off his career. Yurio thought that Victor was like him where his life was solely dedicated to competing -- which links to Obatek comment on how they are both alike, they are just ice skating soldiers/machines to say the least-- only to be proven wrong.

Ahh yes that makes sense as to why he would still be upset. I do like that Yurio finally has someone else to feel similar with now that Otabek is in the picture. Hopefully by the end of the series their relationship is fine. The next preview looks like a flashback to when Yuri and Viktor were apart from last week's episode, but that's just a speculation. I'm hoping it's not during present time where he seems to be contemplating something, and I don't think it'd be going back to being a competitive skater since he's already stated he'll be with Yuri.

Also if anyone can figure this out, it seemed like Yuri bought one ring, or did Yuri buy it for both of them?? Seems too coincidental if Viktor happened to buy the same ring, but Yuri's shocked face convinces me otherwise. I'd just really like to know because if they both just surprised each other with rings like that out of no where I will actually be deceased (not that I already am ) that's so darn cute.
Dec 8, 2016 9:24 PM
Jul 2016
Am I really the only one that has been shipping victuri since episode 1? The first scene is Victor skating alone for Yuuri and he's smiling. I didnt even knew their names and I went "oh boy is this going gay even before the opening". Watch that scene go full circle I'm calling it right now)

It will be either:
1) yuuri and victor skating together to "stay close to me (duet version)"
2) only victor skating to said song while yuuri is watching

And the OP with that song "dancing on the blades you set my heart on fire"
The ED song is also lovely and pretty damn romantic/motivational.

Just...the whole feel of it and how everything keeps being connected with previous events the forshadow is strong as hell nothing that happens is random and out of place. I wasn't surprised with the kiss I already knew something huge was going to happen. I wasn't 100% ready for actual engagement plus a major plot twist which is great the creators actually caught me with that.

Episode 10 might be a filler but jesus christ...it changed everything, as soon as I heard Victor gasp with drunk messy Yuuri in his arms my heart hurt so much it's deeper than I thought and I'm in such a state of "wow".

Keep being negative or trying to be edgy for lols this anime is beautiful I don't even know if something this good is going to happen again I don't feel like watching anything else right now YOI destroyed my filthy casual watcher ass.

Also, the creator tweeted that the YOI universe is a safe place for us and it's the only thing she's going to defend until the very end to keep it that way.

I love everything about this anime and you negative fucks are not going to change that.
Dec 8, 2016 10:00 PM

Nov 2009
SakurasouBusters said:
Not that i dont find this nice, since its very cool to have a developed gay romance in a mainstream title, but isnt gay marraige still illegal in Japan?

I mean so is incest :P
Dec 9, 2016 4:52 AM
Mar 2016
SleepyPancakes said:
ssmith14377 said:

Yeah that all makes sense. But Why does Victor act differently towards Yurio than with Yuri. Victor is actually a very a very interesting guy and more manly and complex than originally thought. That's why I wanted to hear him narrate. And it is interesting to see how he wants more than just gold medals and to be on the ice. But does he really I mean really have romantic or sexual feelings towards Yuri and does Yuri actually love him too. Cuz Yuri said that he bought them just for gifts and that he just wants Victor to be Victor. IMO they won't get married or anything and I think Yuri will not win gold it would take a miracle for him to win the gold. I just want to know why Victor grabbed Yurio'a face like that and gave him that smile. Maybe I'm reading to much into things but I think there's a lot more to Victor that we don't know. So I am reallly hoping for a season 2 and more episodes about Victor. I mean he is like the second main character. Overall great show.
Dec 9, 2016 6:13 AM

Jun 2011
Ritsu said:
thirstyforlemon said:

I thought in Russia they went on the right hand? I might be wrong on about that, but I did read it somewhere and I could double check with some of my Russian friends to clarify. I did wonder about that but, then again, the rings weren't part of the proposal- they lead to Viktor's proposal at the restaurant.

Yes in Russia they go on the ring finger on the right hand. THEY ARE MARRIED THERE'S NO DENYING IT. (just go google it if you don't believe it)

Well... they were in Spain... which also the ring goes on the right hand for engagement rings and wedding rings if catholic anyway. I grew up catholic... I totally thought this was normal stuff.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Dec 9, 2016 8:45 AM

Jun 2011
Cat_S said:
Am I really the only one that has been shipping victuri since episode 1? The first scene is Victor skating alone for Yuuri and he's smiling. I didnt even knew their names and I went "oh boy is this going gay even before the opening". Watch that scene go full circle I'm calling it right now)

It will be either:
1) yuuri and victor skating together to "stay close to me (duet version)"
2) only victor skating to said song while yuuri is watching

And the OP with that song "dancing on the blades you set my heart on fire"
The ED song is also lovely and pretty damn romantic/motivational.

Just...the whole feel of it and how everything keeps being connected with previous events the forshadow is strong as hell nothing that happens is random and out of place. I wasn't surprised with the kiss I already knew something huge was going to happen. I wasn't 100% ready for actual engagement plus a major plot twist which is great the creators actually caught me with that.

Episode 10 might be a filler but jesus christ...it changed everything, as soon as I heard Victor gasp with drunk messy Yuuri in his arms my heart hurt so much it's deeper than I thought and I'm in such a state of "wow".

Keep being negative or trying to be edgy for lols this anime is beautiful I don't even know if something this good is going to happen again I don't feel like watching anything else right now YOI destroyed my filthy casual watcher ass.

Also, the creator tweeted that the YOI universe is a safe place for us and it's the only thing she's going to defend until the very end to keep it that way.

I love everything about this anime and you negative fucks are not going to change that.

No you aren't. I was reluctant to believe it would happen though until episode 3 though. Mostly because I have been fooled so many times.
The anime community in a nutshell.
Pages (9) « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Movie got cancelled ( 1 2 )

Hickykissy - Apr 18

57 by LaGata7 »»
May 6, 5:36 PM

» Mappa's insane missed oppurtunity...

jotasui - Aug 10, 2023

17 by Niko_himari »»
May 1, 11:40 AM

» A petition was made to save the movie

Old_School_Akira - Apr 23

13 by LukesYGO_WSonYT »»
Apr 29, 5:18 AM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Nov 16, 2016

474 by yourlocalworm »»
Apr 19, 10:07 PM

Poll: » Yuri!!! on Ice Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 12, 2016

205 by ZolaZodiac »»
Mar 20, 5:57 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.