Forum Settings
Forums
New
Dec 6, 2016 6:12 PM

Nov 2016
So I've seen a fuck ton of anime and I'm just losing interest at this point, I've tried doing other things (basketball, track, gaming, etc) but they aren't as fun as anime was to me. So currently I'm just watching anime for sake of it. Has anyone gone through this? If you have what did you do? What do you recommend doing/ what did you do if you had went through this?
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Dec 6, 2016 6:20 PM
Nov 2016
Take a break. Play vidoe games or something or listen to music....just take a break.
Dec 6, 2016 6:20 PM

Jul 2014
Have you try reading? always work for me
Maybe visual novel if you want sound and some CGs

Or just take a break for a few months. focus on work and shit.
Dec 6, 2016 6:22 PM

Jul 2016
I usually continue off in manga's of good anime I watched if I get bored of the current animes
Dec 6, 2016 6:23 PM
Feb 2015
RagingDominican said:
So I've seen a fuck ton of anime and I'm just losing interest at this point, I've tried doing other things (basketball, track, gaming, etc) but they aren't as fun as anime was to me. So currently I'm just watching anime for sake of it. Has anyone gone through this? If you have what did you do? What do you recommend doing/ what did you do if you had went through this?
i watched Korean Dramas but you could try Family Guy/Simpsons/American Dad (i am watching Family guy atm)
Dec 6, 2016 6:24 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
i don't think its possible for me to ever get bored of anime... lol
Dec 6, 2016 6:27 PM

Jan 2013
When I start to lose interest in my sources of entertainment I shift my focus to something more practical. Typically by the time I've completed my new interest, the old one regains it's charm in one way or another.

Thus the cycle continues.
Dec 6, 2016 6:29 PM

Jun 2016
If I'm not too into anime. I practice guitar or drawing and it's fun, and it can release some stress too. :D
my body cannot handle sports so I prefer another things that doesnt need force.

The world is cruel, ugly and pitiful. Let's watch anime and make it colorful
Dec 6, 2016 6:33 PM

Feb 2015
Maybe you are getting an epiphany. Maybe it's time for you to grow up and watch real shows
Dec 6, 2016 6:38 PM

Jan 2015
Joms said:
Maybe you are getting an epiphany. Maybe it's time for you to grow up and watch real shows

lol

next you know his gonna find a job, get married and have kids :3
But then his anime addiction returns and it messes up his personal life, making him a closet loner lol :3
Then eventually he would get bored again of anime and realizes his family would never have something with an anime otaku, then he would take his own life and that's that :3
"No matter what painful things happens, even when it looks like you'll lose... when no one else in the world believes in you... when you don't even believe in yourself... I will believe in you!"

Dec 6, 2016 6:39 PM

Apr 2016
I get like that when I'm watching too much and anime becomes more of a task and not a passtime. If it feels like a task, go look for something else to do, but if you don't want too, do what I did. I kinda burnt out halfway through summer. I just stopped watching anime for a few months than started with a clean slate. I just put every show I was watching (about 20 which is a lot for me) on hold and started rewatching them one at a time, while also working in new shows every once in a while just to spice things up. Also, you might not be watching the right thing. Try watching things on the top anime lists and less seasonals the shows are generaly better if that what is holding you back.
Dec 6, 2016 6:52 PM

Dec 2014
no not me... Although What I think that it all depend on your preferences in the end
Dec 6, 2016 6:53 PM

Jul 2014
Take a break from anime, and then try your best to find better shows.
Dec 6, 2016 7:33 PM

Jun 2015
Take a break. Do something else(I recommend camping if you have the time, bring binoculars and do some bird watching).
Dec 6, 2016 7:44 PM
Jul 2018
Take a good break.then afterward play good JRPGs.then watch good airing anime.
Dec 6, 2016 7:49 PM

Jun 2013
This happens because people watch anime in a very fast pace, like you end one show and the next minute you're already watching the next show, just watch in a slow pace don't always think about anime do other things. And if you like anime alot make sure to watch seasonal shows that you find interesting and enjoyable and watch it weekly, that way you're not going to leave the shows behind and less anime on plan to watch list.
Dec 6, 2016 7:50 PM

Dec 2012
I used to go months at a time without watching a single episode of anything, much like what you describe. For the most part, this didn't affect me or my daily life, I just carried on as usual.

What really did the trick though-- or rather, what got me back into watching a steady amount of series/episodes, was finding something really watchable; series with a good ost, good visuals, etc. (Good osts usually do the trick for me)

Find a better show, a genre you haven't tried before, get some recommendations, etc. After watching one or two you'll get back into it.
Dec 6, 2016 7:53 PM

Jan 2013
I watch a lot of different types of shows so I find myself being constantly entertained. Also anime is the one medium that never fails to impress me in terms of what actually gets aired. Keijo is a thing in case you didn't believe it at first.
Dec 6, 2016 7:59 PM
Oct 2016
Too much of anything is bad. Like many have said, take a break. I did and after a few weeks, i remembered that anime existed and became really happy to welcome it back to my life.
Dec 6, 2016 8:18 PM

May 2012
I've kinda been through this..... Don't do something for the sake of it, I've done that too, you have only SO much time so don't waste it on anime unless you enjoy it the most! You could spend your precious time doing so many other stuff, something productive or something for fun or both, you gotta find that out on your own....take a break....watch something else, movies, hit series, animal planet or the news XD
If it's meant to be, if anime is in your heart, you'll come back to it ^_^
And then you won't watch just for the sake of it :D

River_CloudDec 6, 2016 8:35 PM
Fancy Quote
Anime isn't Life
But what's Life without some Anime, NEEEEEEE!!!!!
Dec 6, 2016 8:20 PM
Jul 2016
stop watching anime with same genre in a row. try watch a long episode anime like monster , d grayman. and dont forget movies
Dec 6, 2016 8:21 PM

Jan 2016
RagingDominican said:

In my case, rewatching anime which leaves a lot of impression on me usually do the tricks; or just try watching a whole new genre which is not your favs
Dec 6, 2016 8:24 PM

Nov 2014
Take a rest. It works sometimes. We all feel like that too.
I'm not a lolicon, you're just projecting your tendency to lewd 2D characters.

If your favourite character is Tsutsukakushi Tsukiko, you are my soul mate.

Been a long time since I've been here, I'll continue expressing myself freely and believe everyone should too.
My MAL Interview
Dec 6, 2016 8:26 PM

Jan 2016
Meh I don't think you need a break,you just ran out of good things to watch.Also I have way more fun with anime when it's the last thing I do so just spend your time doing other stuff then when you have nothing to do at all start watching anime.
Dec 6, 2016 8:29 PM
Jul 2018
Yuss I went through this at one point, I wasn't actually interested in any series so I just went through them ep by ep just to get it over with... I got back into watching anime every day when I checked out new series that I wouldn't have usually touched (idol anime, seiyuu anime etc.) and I re-found my interest in anime. I also re-watched some of my old favourite series which lead me onto new series that I ended up liking ^.^ ♥
Dec 6, 2016 8:35 PM

Aug 2008
Play game. There's more entertainment medium than just anime. Or you can try watch old anime to see if any interest you. Unfortunately watching old anime but you might give it a try.
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Dec 6, 2016 8:37 PM

Jan 2013
You're still missing those essential anime from the past century.
But like others have said, take break.
Please learn about cel animation and its technical process.
Learn how special effects and backlighting were done without computers.

Dec 7, 2016 12:16 AM

Sep 2014
I've actually figured out the perfect way to deal with an anime burn out. Some have probably said it, but here I go. First of all if you still want to watch anime while going through a burn out, then don't start anything finished. Only watch a few seasonals, so you have to actually wait. Second, Play games. Yes find some type of game to just absorb yourself into, which is the perfect way to stop watching anime that much and cure your burn out.

It has actually been happening to me for the past 20 days. I've just been playing this game from my childhood, and I feel that my burn out is cured, because of playing the game I'm not watching as much anime. Now I just have to wait for exams to pass, and I can jump back into anime any moment I want to.

I think I'm watching about 5 times less than usual.
Dec 7, 2016 5:35 AM

Feb 2013
RagingDominican said:
you aint watching anime for the sake of it, you watch it cause it's still better than basketball, track, gaming, etc >w>
Dec 7, 2016 5:42 AM

Aug 2013
What's the point if you're not enjoying it??
Just take a break...
Dec 7, 2016 8:52 AM
Nov 2016
Anime burnout. Have experienced that few times due to lack of good anime (my opinion). Reached a certain point where the reasoning behind anime characters became absurd and no longer relevant. Well, take some time off for anime, maybe around few months or forever but all depend on you.
Dec 7, 2016 9:09 AM
Jul 2018
Yes, I'm going through it right now. It's pretty hard to find a worthwile anime. I've started a lot of anime and then stopped watching them at 4 episodes. I think doing other stuff should be good enough, until you recover and get interested again.
Dec 7, 2016 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
Read some manga. These last few months I've also been kinda bored to watch anime, I still do but not as much as, like, 6 months ago. So, now instead I've started reading manga and tbh I'm really liking it.

That or you could just take a break.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Dec 7, 2016 9:26 AM

Feb 2010
idk, watch some good stuff from older decades that you've neglected so far, there's still plenty left. Also just because it's not as exciting and hype as it was in the early days dosn't mean losing interest in it entirely. The novelty can wear off but it can still be enjoyable, and seems to be more enjoyable than other hobbies to you from what you said.
I probably regret this post by now.
Dec 7, 2016 9:27 AM
Oct 2016
I take breaks here and then but what I do between those breaks makes me want to go back to anime, and that savior is called Game Designing 3:
Dec 7, 2016 9:35 AM
Jul 2018
Gensan said:

OR maybe try playing video games/read some novels/watch some movies(the ghibli ones can work too). Don't think sticking to weeb stuff would help tho.

Joms said:

LMAO
Dec 7, 2016 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
I'm not losing interest in anime, but i'm definitly not as into it as i used to be right now. I still watch a few episodes here and there, and follow a couple of seasonal shows.
Dec 7, 2016 10:38 AM
Apr 2011
I feel the same way. But I've only been watching old school animes I grew up with and not the new ones. Heck, I don't even know what new anime I should start watching. Oh, well, I have Funko Pops/Dorbzs to keep me busy. :)
Dec 7, 2016 1:36 PM

Jul 2015
Naw, I still like watching a lot of anime, if your bored with it, watch something else for a change, then go back and see if you still like anime.
Dec 7, 2016 1:49 PM

Mar 2014
Try other things until your interest in anime is back. I ''kind of'' lost interest in anime a couple times, each time i did something else ( From gaming to watching american tv series ) and after some time my interest in anime grew back and then i binge watched a shet ton of them. Currently i'm just changing between anime and gaming, more precisely the current season of anime and some others, and gaming on Overwatch and Pokemon Sun/Moon. So yeah, those things take all of my free time.
Since you said you tried gaming, then maybe watching other things would be better for you ( If you want to stay in the same kind of things ). Some american tv series i really recommend ( Though the first 2 are obvious choices ) would be Game Of Thrones ( The books are even better if you like reading ), Breaking Bad, Orange is the new black ( This one surprised me, it is really good ), Lost ( Older than the other 3 but one of my all time favorites, the first 3 seasons were especially good, and while the rest isn't as good, it is still really good ). So yeah, just try other things.

Profile Picture and Avatar/Signature made by SenpieX, requested in this thread :https://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=1568530&show=0
Dec 7, 2016 8:46 PM

Jul 2014
Frostbytes said:
Gensan said:

OR maybe try playing video games/read some novels/watch some movies(the ghibli ones can work too). Don't think sticking to weeb stuff would help tho.

FPS games suck.
Doujin >>>>> Novel
Hentai >>>> mystery
Dec 7, 2016 9:28 PM
Jul 2018
Gensan said:
Frostbytes said:

FPS games suck.
Doujin >>>>> Novel
Hentai >>>> mystery

FPS games like? Tell me how many you have played.
Dec 7, 2016 9:33 PM

Jul 2014
Frostbytes said:
Gensan said:

FPS games suck.
Doujin >>>>> Novel
Hentai >>>> mystery

Doesn't matter.
I.T S.U.C.K.S
Dec 7, 2016 9:55 PM
Jul 2018
Gensan said:
Frostbytes said:

Doesn't matter.
I.T S.U.C.K.S

Yeah I didn't expect more from you than a circlejerk pic.
Dec 7, 2016 10:00 PM

Jul 2014
Frostbytes said:
Gensan said:
Doesn't matter.
I.T S.U.C.K.S

Yeah I didn't expect more from you than a circlejerk pic.

ok i'll raise its value a little bit but still
Maho tan > FPS

Dec 7, 2016 10:10 PM

Jul 2010
For me, a good anime screenings will help to get rid of the annoying cliches that can contribute to a pleasant perception of anime. Or is it, take a break. Classes than others and the reality behind the limit monitor is great much.
May be some anime?
Dec 7, 2016 10:28 PM

Dec 2012
RagingDominican said:

Take a break from anime and do something productive , Learn something , make something ... Anything works just do something productive ...

When I run out of anime to watch (Cuz I never get bored of it) I make anime artwork with photoshop , Websites , Videos , Practice Martial Arts etc ...

You will feel inner contentment after doing something...

"They say that if you change yourself, you'll change the world, but that's a complete lie. They're just forcing you to compromise by feeding you a convenient little fib. Let me show you how to really change the world." -Hikigaya Hachiman

Dec 7, 2016 11:16 PM
Jan 2013
RagingDominican said:

this happened to me and i just let it. i stoped watching anime for the most part for a few years, i re-watched an old fav ever now and then, made 1 or 2 exceptions. but after a few year i came back and found my self liking it as much as ever
Dec 7, 2016 11:21 PM

Oct 2016
I guess I'm experiencing the same problem.

So far, I'm trying to watch different shows like War series (BoB and The Pacific) just to change the setting.

Then I focus on my work as an IT.

I was nothing until the moment I met you.

Dec 7, 2016 11:30 PM

Jan 2016
As I get older I notice that I tend to watch less anime because I have more responsibilities. To add on my anime taste has also changed, I can't really watch Harem anime no more because I've seen so much they are all cliche or boring.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

230 by Coaghim »»
6 minutes ago

Poll: » do you want more emotional or more intelligent anime?

deg - 20 minutes ago

4 by Spunkert »»
9 minutes ago

» What's your most controversial anime among your favorites? ( 1 2 3 )

Kushna - Apr 5

105 by YeeYeeAss »»
18 minutes ago

Poll: » whats the severity of social stigma for anime and its fans now a days?

deg - 1 hour ago

4 by Otakupervert890 »»
30 minutes ago

» have you guys watched texhnolyze?

brainburger - Apr 21

37 by vampirismsxc »»
32 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.