Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 5, 2016 8:30 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Heh, I feel like Hanasaki has always been at the wrong place at the wrong time lately.

Twenty Faces trying to break Hanasaki's mentality as well this episode with that gun. Sigh, I hope his life gets better from here because that was not a pleasant experience. It'll probably get worse if Twenty Faces keeps him like a toy.
Stark700Dec 5, 2016 10:02 AM
Dec 5, 2016 10:30 AM
Aug 2013
Haunted house case was lulz, clients should seriously quit using detectives for deceitful goals. But Akechi's corruption of Hanasaki was really nicely done and dramatic. It was an okay episode but can lead to something great, hoping it does now that the Haru arc is over.
Dec 5, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2014
Well it was another average episode.

As expected Twenty Faces manipulates Hanasaki by showing all the wrong stuff, especially with regards to what Akechi said, He showed him what he didn't wanna hear but cut out the final part which he should have heard. It's kinda sad that Twenty Faces broke Hanaski so easily, Litearlly all Hanaski did was say "Shut Up" and "It's not like that" , Would have been better if he had actually retorted once in a while and made it more of a conversation where his ideals are destroyed instead of what seemed to be a mindless brainwashing sequence.

Also the haunted house things was so random, Why are there even cases like this? xD
Dec 5, 2016 11:03 AM

Mar 2012
Too bad the whole video couldn't be shown when Akechi said that it's up to him to return as a detective or not. I think Hanasaki really needed to hear those words. Twenty Faces is so deceptive though. How does he do it.

As much as I want Hanasaki to go back to being a detective, I'm all in for him siding with Twenty Faces against Akechi at the same time.

I can't believe i have to wait another whole week for the next episode though, this is torture!

Next episode preview:

Episode summary:
第11話「残虐戯具」

一芝居うった花崎は、明智と探偵団に自分が誘拐されたと思い込ませることに成功。そうとも知らない明智は花崎を助け出そうと一人で事務所を飛び出す。場所も見当がついているらしい。残された小林達だったが、ふらっと現れた大友のヒントによって居場所を特定する。花崎は《ル・ワッカ》にいた。彼は二十面相の指示のもと、警備ロボを操って建物内を占拠しようとしていた。そこに明智が登場。警備ロボと壮絶な銃撃戦を繰り広げる。
CEOAmaterasuDec 5, 2016 11:11 AM
Dec 5, 2016 11:24 AM

Aug 2016
Great episode

and that ED is still so gooooooooooood.
Nanika ga Okashii
Dec 5, 2016 11:38 AM
Aug 2013
Shokugeki said:
Too bad the whole video couldn't be shown when Akechi said that it's up to him to return as a detective or not. I think Hanasaki really needed to hear those words. Twenty Faces is so deceptive though. How does he do it.

As much as I want Hanasaki to go back to being a detective, I'm all in for him siding with Twenty Faces against Akechi at the same time.

I can't believe i have to wait another whole week for the next episode though, this is torture!

Next episode preview:

Episode summary:
第11話「残虐戯具」

一芝居うった花崎は、明智と探偵団に自分が誘拐されたと思い込ませることに成功。そうとも知らない明智は花崎を助け出そうと一人で事務所を飛び出す。場所も見当がついているらしい。残された小林達だったが、ふらっと現れた大友のヒントによって居場所を特定する。花崎は《ル・ワッカ》にいた。彼は二十面相の指示のもと、警備ロボを操って建物内を占拠しようとしていた。そこに明智が登場。警備ロボと壮絶な銃撃戦を繰り広げる。

Thanks, looks pretty interesting. Can anyone translate the japanese summary though? I tried google translate but it's still not coherent enough.

I got hopes for the next episode, the current one seems to be back to setting up the plot again now that the Haru arc is over. It seems Twenty Faces also wants something from Hanasaki's father, probably to do with his company. Interesting how the Hanasaki family is in charge of a lot of the technology in this series.
Dec 5, 2016 11:57 AM

Apr 2013
Still boring and predictable but maybe now they'll do something different to surprise us. (hopefully)
Dec 5, 2016 12:13 PM
Mar 2016
So, Hanasaki was brainwash by 20 faces, btw, what the deal with that woman who hired the detectives, to check on her supposed hunted bldg?
Dec 5, 2016 12:19 PM

Dec 2014
hanasaki... I hope he is fooling twenty faces instead
Dec 5, 2016 12:19 PM
Dec 2015
I really hated Twenty faces manipulating Hanasaki but then again Hanasaki being like this frustrates me. He's so stupid and easily manipulated, that is pains me to see him like this. I love the kid so I hope I can see him his usual "adrenaline junkie" self. Then Akechi had to say those things...seriously? I like Akechi and all but most of his problems stems from the fact he always commits miscommunication. Hanasaki didn't need to hear that, even with or without the "for now" follow up.

I hope this arc gets finished by the next episode and hoping Hanasaki wouldn't do something stupid and disastrous that will make me question the detectives' dynamics when he comes back to their side. Hopefully after this arc, wee can finally see a focus on Kobayashi's origin. I need him and Hanasaki to team up again. I missed them so much.
Dec 5, 2016 12:44 PM

Dec 2014
Was a nice episode. Left me like wow, why?, what?, wtf Akechi?!???

But PLEASE Twenty Faces, change your clothes! I can't look at you without facepalming...
Also, if it weren't for Yuri on Ice, this anime would be the gayest of the season. So much touching from Twenty Face's side. Am I the only one who feels it was out of place?

ibraheem234 said:
hanasaki... I hope he is fooling twenty faces instead

I really hope that too. Otherwise I don't think I can continue to accept Hanasaki's character. Something that would work though in my opinion is Hanasaki going full evil now and joining forces with Twenty Faces, not just for pretense but seriously.
Dec 5, 2016 1:01 PM
Aug 2013
Cyandris said:
Also, if it weren't for Yuri on Ice, this anime would be the gayest of the season. So much touching from Twenty Face's side. Am I the only one who feels it was out of place?

I think it works well with his creepiness. Think something like Hisoka but less in a schwing way and more in an effeminate bishonen way, fondling with others like toys.
Dec 5, 2016 1:27 PM

May 2015
Guess it was decent, but to be honest, I think this show being a 2-cour will end up being a chore for me to watch at this point....

Dec 5, 2016 1:39 PM

Nov 2015
So will Hanasaki really follow Twenty Faces?

Dec 5, 2016 1:46 PM

Jan 2016
hanasaki can't accept the truth and denies his job or whatever, he was right to say he is not a detective, especially since he broke after he found his brother which was his point of being a detective.
still sad how we he is, giving low score for episode and hoping he's playing 20 faces, or this is secret plot to get kobayashi killed c':
also, kobayashi, akeshi is legit at his job, all these bitches jealous

Dec 5, 2016 1:57 PM

Sep 2013
20 faces mindfcking hanasaki and now they need to rescue him but he's in on it.
Also a fake haunted mansion case solved.

p
Dec 5, 2016 2:26 PM
Jul 2018
Next episode will be trilling as ever!
Dec 5, 2016 2:33 PM

Oct 2014
The Hanasaki x 20 Faces moment was too generic. The art in this series is not even a bit innovative: Hanasaki "breaking" like a jar falling on the ground, the blood-red butterflies, the gun, the dark room with a light above the chair where main character is sitting... All overused images to make the scene look more edgy. It made me sleep.

The animation quality is on its way down. TMS was never a good studio IMO.

I hope this arc ends soon, Hanasaki is such a boring hindrance to the plot. He's just annoying.
Dec 5, 2016 2:42 PM

Aug 2016
Twenty Faces breaking Hanasaki like it was nothing.. I thought Hanasaki would be a little stronger than this tbh Does this mean that Hanasaki actually feels regret in "saving" all those people? And all that story about Akeshi...... I wonder if Twenty Faces isn't actually in love with him [strike]just kidding[/strike]

The haunted house though.. Kobayashi was like 'ok whats next'

It would be nice to see Hanasaki playing on Twenty Faces just to trick him and then help the others... I'm curious about the next episode. Also I wonder what will Hanasaki's dad do about this
Dec 5, 2016 3:08 PM

Jan 2016
I actually enjoyed this episode and this current arc. I really like Hanasaki and I honestly believe that he acted as he should of in his situation. His brother inspired him to basically become a detective and then he spent the next few years of his life searching for him like non-stop. It would be only natural that he would react badly to finding out that Akechi lied to him for YEARS on his brothers whereabouts-- plus his brother was shot right in front of him...pretty traumatizing. I mean sure, Akechi was trying to protect him, but it was a really bad way for him to go about doing so. So, I really do feel for Hanasaki and all that shock from last episode makes sense for him to take like 2 seconds to break by Twenty-Faces. I do wish the brainwashing scene was a little more dramatic though...he just handed him a gun and asked him what he wanted to do for like half of it.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to seeing Hanasaki next episode and seeing what Akechi does now that some of his actions and words helped turn Hanasaki over to the dark side (but hopefully not for long, maybe Hanasaki is actually going to betray Twenty-Faces???). Also, when are we getting some backstory for Kobayashi?? I'm definitely excited for the next episode.
Dec 5, 2016 4:44 PM

Jun 2015
Twenty Faces likes to play a lot of mind games. Looks like he was successful with Hanasaki. He made him turn against Akechi. Hanasaki wasn't even trying to fight back. As for the case, I didn't care.
Dec 5, 2016 5:12 PM

Aug 2008
How the heck can Hanasaki get brainwashed like that?? his heart was that fragile against his belief? Just after saying he is different, in next scene he is on villain's side??
All the time 20 face was talking to him, I could only see him as a creepy pedo rather then an enemy.
Dec 5, 2016 8:09 PM

Sep 2016
Twenty Faces tormenting Hanasaki by telling him he's been doing the wrong thing all this time while cracking cases and letting others suffer. That's harsh. Then again; Twenty Faces has his rule of not to kill, so tormenting one's mentality probably doesn't count. That ending! I'm conflicted of wanting Hanasaki to join Twenty Faces yet at the same time join back up with Kobayashi and the Detectives! Now I have to wait another week!
Dec 5, 2016 10:38 PM
Aug 2013
weebna said:
I thought Hanasaki would be a little stronger than this tbh Does this mean that Hanasaki actually feels regret in "saving" all those people?

I thought that was nicely done. I used to hate episode 3 but it's cool to see how much impact it has now to make Hanasaki doubt his own actions. I also liked how it connects to what Akechi said a couple of episodes back about how detectives aren't heroes. What Hanasaki was doing during the medical facility case was the very job of a detective in finding the truth even though it doesn't really deliver justice to the public.
Dec 5, 2016 10:54 PM

Sep 2015
Wierd how Hanasaki changed this episode
Dec 5, 2016 11:26 PM
Aug 2013
Even though the drama of this anime is getting good, I felt the cases becoming sort of half assed. There should have been better use of Inoue's deductions about the hotel being tampered rather than delivering it when it no longer mattered and the barricaded country case was pretty easy. Then again, the only case that was solidly great was the sewer arc so far, second episode had some good ideas but the way they delivered the clue wasn't fair(had to turn up my volume a lot just to hear it). I'm hoping it gets better in this regard but as I said, at least the drama's good.
Dec 5, 2016 11:48 PM

Jul 2016
Twenty faces did nothing wrong, screw Akechi for being a total douche.
Dec 6, 2016 5:01 AM

Aug 2008
Hm, was kinda easy brainwashed, but Akechi did meant that, but more Hanasaki to grow up a bit, he did had a 2 years old tantrum
The spider is watching
Dec 6, 2016 8:42 AM

Aug 2016
Psykofreac said:

I thought that was nicely done. I used to hate episode 3 but it's cool to see how much impact it has now to make Hanasaki doubt his own actions. I also liked how it connects to what Akechi said a couple of episodes back about how detectives aren't heroes. What Hanasaki was doing during the medical facility case was the very job of a detective in finding the truth even though it doesn't really deliver justice to the public.

If you see things that way I agree with you, but supposedly Hanasaki fights for what he thinks it's correct, he would even go against Akechi's order if it was necessary so I was a bit confused with his reaction about that case... Maybe we will see the true personality of Hanasaki from now on and in reality he didn't want to "save" all of them so we will see ^^
Dec 6, 2016 12:26 PM

Mar 2012
weebna said:
Psykofreac said:

If you see things that way I agree with you, but supposedly Hanasaki fights for what he thinks it's correct, he would even go against Akechi's order if it was necessary so I was a bit confused with his reaction about that case... Maybe we will see the true personality of Hanasaki from now on and in reality he didn't want to "save" all of them so we will see ^^

He was angry on Kobayashi's behalf but maybe deep down, he probably would have left the guy to die after he lashed out on Kobayashi.

Maybe saying he was just kidding just an act.
Dec 6, 2016 5:24 PM

Oct 2011
Omg hanasaki got brainwashed. NOOOO
Dec 6, 2016 9:29 PM

Sep 2016
Looks like Hanasaki will become another form of twenty-faces. Now the question is, will he start using the boy's detective club as his toys now? Will they look for Hansaki not as a person, but as a friend? I wonder what Kobayashi is wondering right now.
Dec 7, 2016 8:55 AM

Jun 2016
Really liking this change in sides, only thing interesting about the anime so far.
Dec 7, 2016 9:31 AM

Jun 2011
Interesting...

Does anyone know when the OST is going to come out? I'm really looking forward to it but no news of it whatsoever :/
Dec 7, 2016 4:28 PM
Nov 2016
There he goes! He fell to the dark side! Its a bit too predictable at this point.
Dec 7, 2016 7:48 PM
Aug 2013
yuukigami said:
Interesting...

Does anyone know when the OST is going to come out? I'm really looking forward to it but no news of it whatsoever :/

I'd also love to know, this show has one of the best most memorable OSTs in recent anime.
Dec 7, 2016 11:10 PM

Oct 2016
twenty faces twisting hanasaki's mind was nice .. now I feel the first time to be excite on the next episode ..
Dec 8, 2016 9:55 AM

Apr 2014
Psykofreac said:
yuukigami said:
Interesting...

I'd also love to know, this show has one of the best most memorable OSTs in recent anime.

The OST isn't listed on the official website of the anime, so it certainly won't be out anytime soon. I guess that it will come out after the second cour airs. Too bad, because I really need the full version of Bright Star as soon as possible ;_;
Dec 9, 2016 7:26 AM

May 2016
I really hate Hanasaki after what he said about Kobayashi but in this situation i love duo 20 faces and Hanasaki. Also i need to mention that i really like 20 faces and his way of thinking.
Dec 9, 2016 6:08 PM
Mar 2012
Cringe level got too high. gaysnakey with terrible fashion sense too touchy feely.
Hanasaki character just worsening, gullible & that stupidity.
Haunted house could've been done better, but they rush thru & client didn't make any sense.
Dec 9, 2016 6:42 PM

May 2015
Yep, that was predictable. The red butterflies were pretty though.
Cross-country >>>>>>>>>>>> Every other sport

More topics from this board

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Mar 27, 2017

61 by Poodles »»
Dec 21, 2023 7:46 PM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 18 Discussion

Stark700 - Feb 13, 2017

24 by Destroyer31 »»
Oct 31, 2023 9:14 AM

» Worth your time ?

SilverFever - Sep 22, 2017

8 by Maackkk »»
Feb 2, 2021 2:46 AM

» has this anime improved any since the first few episodes?

metadata - Nov 14, 2016

17 by SofiaBulga »»
Oct 23, 2019 2:18 AM

Poll: » Trickster: Edogawa Ranpo "Shounen Tanteidan" yori Episode 5 Discussion

Stark700 - Oct 31, 2016

42 by PrideRoyalIvy »»
Sep 12, 2018 7:30 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.