Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 4, 2016 10:56 AM

Apr 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
This was a good chapter, but that cliffhanger ending.... ;______;
It was so tragic to see Kija and Jae-ha getting hurt. Yoon was right; those Xing warriors only knew how to swing their weapons at people who have done absolutely nothing to them! The dragons could have gotten killed and they'd feel just in "protecting" their nation <.<

I didn't really expect Yona to reveal her identity... Yona definitely has gotten stronger by talking about her painful past without crying at all.

I do hope the negotiations with Su-won go well. The dragons and Yoon must be saved! >< If Su-won doesn't strike against Xing, a war hopefully won't happen...

It'll be interesting to see Tao's two companions as Hak and Yona's new protectors.
Dec 4, 2016 12:01 PM

Dec 2015
Kouren questioning Yona if she hate Soo Won and eventually ask her to join her when she said yes, just shows how big the difference is between her and Yona, since Yona is not someone who will not let hatred affect her decision when it comes to lives of people.
But as expected, nothing change even after Yona told about her past, in the end Kouren still doubt that Soo Won will not attack them.

This is the amount of weight that Soo Won will have to carry.

Again, I hope his decision is not something that will make Yona hate him.

Dec 4, 2016 12:14 PM

Apr 2016
Nunnally03 said:
Kouren questioning Yona if she hate Soo Won and eventually ask her to join her when she said yes, just shows how big the difference is between her and Yona, since Yona is not someone who will not let hatred affect her decision when it comes to lives of people.
But as expected, nothing change even after Yona told about her past, in the end Kouren still doubt that Soo Won will not attack them.

This is the amount of weight that Soo Won will have to carry.

Again, I hope his decision is not something that will make Yona hate him.

Definitely! I think all readers can agree that Yona is quite rational to not let her personal sentiments affect the lives of others. If Yona was like that, she could have ordered the four dragons to attack Su-won's kingdom a long time ago, lol! Her goal was never to rule, but to help the country her father failed to protect...

Unless Kouren knows something or stuff about Su-won that the readers don't know, I seriously don't think it's very fair or rational to place what Yu-hon did onto Su-won ;_____; Two separate individuals, who happen to be closely related and have the will Il lacked... I won't deny that what Yu-hon did was cruel, but it's not like Su-won went around chopping people's heads and traumatized others like his father did. I understand that Kouren wants to protect her nation, but there isn't enough solid evidence for her to consider war - just like what her warriors did to our dragons, Kouka hasn't done anything and she's already ready to attack. <-- A ruler like this is ready to bring many people to death and feel no shame about it, in the name of "protecting" her nation. It would be no surprise if her country is at the greatest loss at the end of a war…

I'm really curious to see what Su-won will do... Ideally, he would satisfy Kouren or Xing so a war won't happen and have our lovely companions freed, yet Kouka must not back down. These two countries definitely need some kind of negotiation that benefits both sides.

Su-won thinks for the country's best interests. If Yona learns to understand his reasons, it's not likely she will hate him; they share the same goal in regards to protecting people. :)
Dec 4, 2016 2:13 PM

Jul 2015
Oh Gosh, what a chapter! This arc is so tense! So many things are happening, and I'm so proud of Yona handling the situation in such a way.
The thing I'm asking myself about is if in fact, the scene in chapter 1, when Yona is near Kouka again it's related to this... I get that feeling.
What do you think?
Dec 4, 2016 4:04 PM

Apr 2016
mawarumawaru said:
Oh Gosh, what a chapter! This arc is so tense! So many things are happening, and I'm so proud of Yona handling the situation in such a way.
The thing I'm asking myself about is if in fact, the scene in chapter 1, when Yona is near Kouka again it's related to this... I get that feeling.
What do you think?

Oh!!! You're talking about that scene!! DAMN!! That would mean that Yona's gang was fighting against the Xing warriors... OMG. <33 It would mean that the dragons and Yoon are let out free in the end, but somehow Xing and Kouka are still unable to find a peaceful agreement.... :/ But would that mean that Su-won and Yona are working together? But in that scene...Yona's hair looked a little short, whereas right now in the manga, her hair is past shoulder length...??

But indeed, I'm proud of Yona for taking this step, with courage! :) I think it's what all readers have been waiting for. <3 I'm looking forward to seeing her how conversation(s) with Su-won go.
Dec 4, 2016 4:44 PM

Dec 2015
Cloe900311 said:
mawarumawaru said:
What do you think?

Oh!!! You're talking about that scene!! DAMN!! That would mean that Yona's gang was fighting against the Xing warriors... OMG. <33 It would mean that the dragons and Yoon are let out free in the end, but somehow Xing and Kouka are still unable to find a peaceful agreement.... :/ But would that mean that Su-won and Yona are working together? But in that scene...Yona's hair looked a little short, whereas right now in the manga, her hair is past shoulder length...??

But indeed, I'm proud of Yona for taking this step, with courage! :) I think it's what all readers have been waiting for. <3 I'm looking forward to seeing her how conversation(s) with Su-won go.

Honestly, what I am really scared the most is that someone might kill Tao. There were people trying to kill her without Kouren's knowledge right? It's just that...the wa she said goodbye to Algira and Vold is a bit of a red flag to me.

What if, Tao managed to set the dragons free...then someone from Xing attack her or kill her? or someone freed the dragons and then kill her after?
Kouren will automatically think that it was the dragon's doing and that they have been betrayed by Yona and it was something that Soo Won asked them to do. She will start the war even before Yona and the rest get to talk to Soo Won... I just hope Algira and Vold will not become their enemies.
Nunnally03Dec 5, 2016 4:55 PM
Dec 4, 2016 9:16 PM

Apr 2016
Nunnally03 said:
Cloe900311 said:

Honestly, what I am really scared the most is that someone might kill Tao. There were people trying to kill her without Kouren's knowledge right? It's just that...the wa she said goodbye to Algira and Vold is a bit of a red flag to me.

What if, Tao managed to set the dragons free...then someone from Kouka attack her or kill her? or someone free the dragons and then kill her after?
Kouren will automatically think that it was the dragon's doing and that they have been betrayed by Yona and it was somethng that Soo Won asked them to do. She will start the war even before Yona and the rest get to talk to Soo Won... I just hope Algira and Vold will not become their enemies.

I completely forgot about Tao's attempted assassination. .______. But currently, Tao holds no threat to the kingdom since Kouren is in charge... Why do you think people were after her in the first place? Who would want to ignite a war between Xing and Kouka so badly, to the point where they'd sacrifice Tao and frame the dragons and Su-won?

Unless the dragons were severely threatened, I don't think Tao would set the dragons free. It seems that Kouren won't resort to torturing and killing until Yona comes back... :c Also, Kouren did mention having Tao locked up or placed in some room, so she should be protected.

Let's just hope the negotiation goes well, and everyone is set free in peace! ><
Dec 4, 2016 10:24 PM

Oct 2013
As predicted, Yona revealed herself and Kouren took pause to her reveal and requested an alliance. Unfortunately, she did not take the offer... Yet!

It also looks like negotiations with Soo Won is inevitable though I wonder how that will go. Her very act of appearing in the castle would cause a disturbance so she will have to do it in stealth. Though for some reason my gut feeling now is that Soo Won will offer her the peace she wants in exchange for her hand in marriage. This would benefit Soo Won in many ways and solidify his right to rule. In the end, I think negotiations will either fail or turn very sour for Yona (ex. marriage or taken prisoner).

As per usual, I can't wait for the next chapter! They really need to be 60 pages not 30 :P
Dec 4, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2015
Predicted that Kouren would ask Yona for an alliance. Didn't see her keeping the dragons coming, though. Now I'm worried for them.

Going to find Suwon... That could end in so many different ways. Tensions are running high now.
Dec 5, 2016 10:13 AM

Apr 2008
So Yona revealed who she is. A very risky and stupid thing to do, but since it is shoujo and not the most realistic story, I should have expected it may work for her. The good thing is that it seems that there will be some discussion between Su-won and Kouren, which is really the only sensible way to solve the problem. The whole idea of informing Su-won about Tao’s empty premise was stupid. By the way I don’t know why Hak didn’t illuminate Yona how stupid it is, but whatever. It doesn’t matter anymore.

The plot doesn’t make too much sense, but the relationships and interactions still look good, so never mind.
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Dec 6, 2016 1:33 PM

Jan 2012
Yona goes all badass.

Dec 6, 2016 4:27 PM

Nov 2007
If I had to say so, I really didn't find it rational for putting Yona in harm's way by not fighting the Xing's warriors. I know it's probably just me but the decision Jae-ha made was downright retarded.

He has now practically handed both of the parties the upper hands with the circumstances. Kouren now has hostages. And Yona will be at the mercy of Su-won and his retainers. I think for the first time I didn't like how the story panned out. I hope Sensei has a good one up her sleeves and things will come out good.

I have to say I am impressed with both Yona and Hak in their respective roles in the situation. Yona revealing her identity and Hak putting the lives of his comrades ahead of his hatred for Su-won.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 6, 2016 10:04 PM
Mar 2009
Lain666 said:
So Yona revealed who she is. A very risky and stupid thing to do, but since it is shoujo and not the most realistic story, I should have expected it may work for her. The good thing is that it seems that there will be some discussion between Su-won and Kouren, which is really the only sensible way to solve the problem. The whole idea of informing Su-won about Tao’s empty premise was stupid. By the way I don’t know why Hak didn’t illuminate Yona how stupid it is, but whatever. It doesn’t matter anymore.

The plot doesn’t make too much sense, but the relationships and interactions still look good, so never mind.

I think Hak said a couple of chapters earlier that he would follow Yona whichever path she took, even if she had to go meet with Su-won, so maybe while he won't question her now, he may comment on it later.

shanimebib said:
Kouren now has hostages. And Yona will be at the mercy of Su-won and his retainers. I think for the first time I didn't like how the story panned out. I hope Sensei has a good one up her sleeves and things will come out good.

Agreed.

Also, seeing the four dragons get beat up this chapter was so heartbreaking... And the fact that Kouren was going to torture Zeno... I can't take it. The Xing soldiers on Princess Kouren's side seem to be portrayed as rather heartless at the moment and it's a bit difficult to remember that they have their own reasons for acting as such.
Dec 7, 2016 5:17 PM

Mar 2013
omg this manga is getting so good
Dec 9, 2016 9:18 AM

Apr 2008
Arturya said:

I think Hak said a couple of chapters earlier that he would follow Yona whichever path she took, even if she had to go meet with Su-won, so maybe while he won't question her now, he may comment on it later.

Yeah, but I don’t think that he needs to follow her when her ideas are clearly stupid. I mean cannot he just tell her that this or that idea is no good and explain why?

And the whole situation when she revealed that Su-won killed her father. How exactly should this piece of information insert trust into Kouren and make her think that any agreement with him will be honored? Recently it has been made obvious that the only way to stop any conflict is to make Su-won and Kouren discuss things with each other, since they are the ones in power. I wonder what was the point of informing Su-won about Tao’s idea if Tao had no real power to make it happen. I mean what exactly did Yona expect? That the moment Su-won had agreed to Tao’s idea Kouren would have magically disappeared? By this logic she may have as well gone to promise Su-won the land of the United States of America. She would have no power to make it happen, but who would care about such small details.

As I said the only way to avoid conflict is to make Su-won and Kouren talk with each other and agree on something. Yona, with her confession, didn’t help it. She basically gave Kouren a reason to be wary of Su-won. However, since she is a shoujo heroine, I suppose that everything can turn out fine for her, despite her blunders.
Lain666Dec 10, 2016 12:01 AM
"The moment one sits down to think, one becomes all nose, or all forehead, or something horrid. Look at the successful men in any of the learned professions. How perfectly hideous they are! Except, of course, in the Church. But then in the Church they don't think. A bishop keeps on saying at the age of eighty what he was told to say when he was a boy of eighteen, and as a natural consequence he always looks absolutely delightful."
Dec 9, 2016 1:49 PM
Oct 2016
Uh...i can't stop but I want to see soo-won whenever the story involved with soo-won..it's make my heart dropping...so intense...I want to know more about soo-won..till now I can't hate him...😂
Dec 22, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2016
Lain666 said:
Arturya said:

Yeah, but I don’t think that he needs to follow her when her ideas are clearly stupid. I mean cannot he just tell her that this or that idea is no good and explain why?

And the whole situation when she revealed that Su-won killed her father. How exactly should this piece of information insert trust into Kouren and make her think that any agreement with him will be honored? Recently it has been made obvious that the only way to stop any conflict is to make Su-won and Kouren discuss things with each other, since they are the ones in power. I wonder what was the point of informing Su-won about Tao’s idea if Tao had no real power to make it happen. I mean what exactly did Yona expect? That the moment Su-won had agreed to Tao’s idea Kouren would have magically disappeared? By this logic she may have as well gone to promise Su-won the land of the United States of America. She would have no power to make it happen, but who would care about such small details.

As I said the only way to avoid conflict is to make Su-won and Kouren talk with each other and agree on something. Yona, with her confession, didn’t help it. She basically gave Kouren a reason to be wary of Su-won. However, since she is a shoujo heroine, I suppose that everything can turn out fine for her, despite her blunders.

I agree with you. Hak could explain to Yona why her decisions may be bad, such as the risks associated with them and potential danger... LOL, personally, this is one of the reasons why Hak is not one of my favourite characters. He blindly follows her, which does not influence her to grow and make better decisions. I just hope that Yona's journey is successful, and no one gets hurt in the end.

I see your point when you said Yona telling Kouren what Su-won did to her, not help at all in having Kouka's King seem willing to negotiate. I think revealing that Su-won killed Il allowed Kouren to see that Yona and Su-won are not on the same side. Yet, I think that can be contradictory since objectively, everyone would wonder how negotiations between Su-won and Yona could be successful... If he had the heart to kill her father, who knows what he could do to her? But readers have seen all of the times Su-won did not murder Yona whenever these two met, so their meeting may actually be successful.

In addition, my only answer to Yona's idea of telling Su-won Tao's idea was to hope for Su-won to act first by attempting to be on peaceful terms with Kouren. Earlier, Yona did not talk with Kouren and hearing Tao's story of what Yu-hon did, I don't think Yona thought of how to convince Kouren to speak with Su-won either... Honestly, the problem between Xing and Kouka need to be dealt by both countries' respective leaders peacefully. However, since these two don't seem to be in active interaction yet, that's why the two powerless people, Yona and Tao, tried to get involved.... ><

Talking about this has me see that it’s a messy situation that could be dealt with if Kouren and Su-won simply talked. If Kouren never made the assumption that Su-won would eventually attack Xing, tensions may not be so high ><
Cloe900311Dec 22, 2016 1:07 PM
Jan 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Dec 2009
Cloe900311 said:
Are you guys referring to this page from chapter 1? In my opinion, her hair here is around the same length of her hair right now (maybe a bit longer).

I wonder, does that mean the series is nearing its final arc?

...I doubt it. For me, Hak needs more character development. The current arc will probably focus on Soo-won (as hinted by the talk with Lili (ch124) + Xing and Yu-hon). The final arc will probably come next.

Big Vers.
Jan 5, 2017 8:15 AM

Apr 2016
mcxynth said:
Cloe900311 said:
Are you guys referring to this page from chapter 1? In my opinion, her hair here is around the same length of her hair right now (maybe a bit longer).

I wonder, does that mean the series is nearing its final arc?

...I doubt it. For me, Hak needs more character development. The current arc will probably focus on Soo-won (as hinted by the talk with Lili (ch124) + Xing and Yu-hon). The final arc will probably come next.

Yes, we are talking about the scene you included. ^ I thought of this scene from the anime, which doesn't bare much or any difference. Even right now in the story, Yona doesn't have two strands of hair that is longer than the rest... Maybe something happened :/

I hope the series is not nearing its final arc! >< There is still so much mystery surrounding Yona's family, such as Su-won's perspective of Il and their interactions, and Yu-hon himself... There could be things we still don't know about the dragons :c I'm still very curious about the prophecy. Will Yona and her friends roam around and live outside the palace forever?

I do agree that Hak needs more character development. :P It would be nice if we learned more about his background... Since he's an orphan, we don't know who he gets his natural strength from or why he is so strong. :O
Cloe900311Jan 5, 2017 9:16 AM
Jan 17, 2017 5:31 AM

Aug 2014
Yona showing how much she has grown from the weak Princess to, well, a strong determined girl. Though I wonder how her meeting with Soo-Won will go...
Jun 19, 2020 12:40 AM
Dec 2010
This is bad. Yona coming to back will make people of kouka question Suwon. For Suwon to be clean, he will negotiate with Yona to be his wife in exchange of peace.
Aug 1, 2021 4:36 PM
Apr 2018
trash ark Kouren gets portrayed as the lunatic whem she doesn't want her country she loves to be vessalized.
The story gets dumber and dumber
Aug 2, 2021 3:56 AM
Apr 2018
so dumb yona could have taken back her throne with the help of xing but no the author needs to sell another 3000 chapters so he stretches the plot real thinn

More topics from this board

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 257 Discussion

crocodileman94 - Apr 19

5 by Jogii »»
Apr 22, 5:21 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 185 Discussion

shanimebib - Dec 20, 2019

26 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 10:11 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 256 Discussion

DarkHumor04 - Apr 4

7 by TanmaySpamzzz »»
Apr 12, 5:12 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 175 Discussion

CrookedPanther - May 20, 2019

32 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 12, 3:41 AM

Poll: » Akatsuki no Yona Chapter 152 Discussion ( 1 2 )

lacznosc - Dec 21, 2017

68 by Syed_94 »»
Apr 10, 3:38 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.