Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2016 9:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Cecil is such a bro, still my favorite character in the show.

So we got more focus on Shion. Well if they work together, they can make their dreams come true. Finally he sees the light after that drama.
Stark700Oct 29, 2016 10:30 AM
Oct 29, 2016 10:57 AM

Dec 2015
Cecil is an angel, protect him yall

Seems like Shion is the sensitive, insecure type. Interesting that he chose to lock himself in the closet... Why do I think there's more to his story? (If they ever make an Utapri game on Heavens, I want to see Shion's past.)

This week's duet song is my favorite one so far, not bad!

Some funny reaction faces this week.

Someone on tumblr had a theory that the titles of the duet songs will form Maji Love Legend Star or something along the lines. We already have MA-JI-VE, maybe it's a correct theory after all :O (seriously, what on earth is Visible Elf anyway?)
Oct 29, 2016 11:10 AM

Nov 2007
Cecil and this member from HEAVENS who doesn't like tiring stuff and decides to only sing with HEAVENS. The group is worried about this member, who went hikikomori, so they thought main group did something.

Cecil decided to ask Camus about the problem. "To get in to where one belongs to messed up", huh. He tries to explain of having same feeling by talking his journey getting used to the group. Song about the stars. Recording done with other members accompanying them.

Next pair next.
tsubasaloverOct 29, 2016 9:25 PM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 29, 2016 6:15 PM
Oct 2014
As amusing (and great) these songs, and the guys are. I'm kinda getting quite bored and slightly annoyed.

First, the plot is getting quite repetitive which is two guys singing and getting along (connecting) in the end, it's kinda getting more cheesy (kinda childish) on how they connect and being friends (unlike the first season and other seasons), and there is now even less screen time (and focus) for our main heroine Nanami.

I get the "spotlight" is with all these great guys and new characters, but the repetitive pattern, friendship being cheesier, and Nananmi's less screen time, is making me see this anime lose its "glow".....

I feel the only thing keeping this anime going is the songs...
Oct 29, 2016 8:56 PM

May 2010
Dafuq was even wrong with that guy xD Shion is seriously a weirdo, and I'm not talking just about hiding in the closet - even his way of speaking, using oldschool Japanese and calling himself by his last name, instead of using any pronoun? Strange af.

At least song was somehow decent this week, maybe I'll even listen to its full version in the future.
Oct 30, 2016 12:06 AM

Nov 2012
the drama with shion was seriously stupid lmao
the song was okay at least :v
Oct 30, 2016 12:11 AM

Mar 2013
ooh Cecil and Shion's song is so amazing..
whats wrong with that Shion... that dance again..

next duo is?
honokiOct 30, 2016 12:15 AM
Oct 30, 2016 2:21 AM

Jul 2016
the only reason why I'm watching this season is because I really want to know who sings at the Triple S. But I won't be shocked if the three groups are asked to perform.

I feel that this is the final season of the series. but anyways, I think we all need an entire anime dedicated to Heavens only.
Oct 30, 2016 4:49 AM
Sep 2015
Okay episode..I'm starting to warm up to Cecil now.
Nice duet!
Oct 30, 2016 7:45 AM

Jul 2012
Daiki's singing blessed me

That is all.

I didn't really like this episode because Daiki is a chuunibyou and Cecil is...Cecil. I didn't expect otherwise.

Van x Ren next week.
Oct 30, 2016 8:38 AM

Mar 2009
Hahaha.... Camus as a Starish member. Cecil's reaction was priceless.

This is the best duet so far.

starlightshine said:

Someone on tumblr had a theory that the titles of the duet songs will form Maji Love Legend Star or something along the lines. We already have MA-JI-VE, maybe it's a correct theory after all :O (seriously, what on earth is Visible Elf anyway?)

Yeah, what is Visible Elf? XD Interesting theory about the song titles
Oct 30, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2010
I hope Heaveans not gonna have another unreasonable memebers... I mean, really, two in a row. Let's hope next timt there'll be someone more normal.

The episode was nice, though the weirdness of Shion was too huge. The good thing is that suddenly we get to see Heaveans as more than snob group (like they were at their first apperance, at the time they had only 3 members).

Shion's voice was nice. Don't kill me for that, but I never liked Cecil voice. The song was nice, as well as the lyrics. Didn't get the idea of the elf, though... Maybe because they're talking about night (I saw in another anime that elves are considered to be related to night).

Oct 30, 2016 6:57 PM

Dec 2008
Shion was an ass from the jump off. If anything, he should have been trying to mend fences with Cecil...not the other way around.
Oct 30, 2016 7:52 PM

Oct 2011
Omg Cecil and Shion episode yay
Whoa Shion didn't want to defile heave s. Both sang for their group Great song. Ren X Van next time.

Afterwards Hijirikawa duet then Natsuki then finally Otoya duet.
Oct 31, 2016 3:43 PM

Aug 2010
Visible elf LOL
All in all I thought this episode was pretty ok. Looking forward to the other duets!
Nov 4, 2016 5:48 PM

Apr 2016
This episode was lovely!! ^^ SO many great moments appeared.

LOL when Camus mentioned "supposed I joined STARISH" and I instantly started laughing because we all know that just wouldn't..no...that would not even be STARISH anymore. ;P LOL to Cecil for his funny reaction... Honestly, I do think Camus would be the spotlight effortlessly, if he ever joined STARISH. I want to thank the anime crew for bringing Camus back. - I thought we'd never see a Quartet Night member again, until the Triple S arrives.... T.T

It seems Haruka has gotten more comfortable with STARISH(?) - well, at least she wasn't blushing or became stiff when Cecil hugged her. :c In a sense, it could be a good thing that Haruka isn't as emphasized in this episode because Cecil and Shion are duet partners, meaning they should handle the(ir) problem together. Since Haruka couldn't even understand their first conversation, how was she supposed to get involved when Shion had his phase? This isn't even STARISH either, so it's not like she'd barge into HEAVENS' dorm -like Yamato did to STARISH- and magically pull Shion out... @>@ (Shion's members couldn't physically pull him out, so how would Haruka be able to?)

I really applaud Cecil for taking initiative, and I do like him more now... ^^ It was nice of him to try to warm up to Shion, but who would have expected our HEAVENS member to be so sensitive? I wish we knew more, like why Shion values HEAVENS so much... @.@ It's normal for the new member(s) of a group to not be close with the original members/members who joined earlier, let alone have such an intense feeling of belonging. I want to watch a season dedicated to HEAVENS, LOL! HEAVENS appeared to be incredibly snobby at first, but I'm surprised at how caring they actually are. I didn't expect Yamato to kick STARISH's door and for the whole group to demand to know what happened to Shion.

But hmm...why did Shion choose to lock himself in a closet? Wouldn't his bedroom be more comfortable? (Okay, maybe not if he shares a room with someone.) There probably is more to him... Although I found it very cute and unexpected for Shion to smile and tell Nagi to carry him, LOL! xD He was strangely cute there. <33

Also, did anyone else understand the first conversation between Cecil and Shion? .____. I don't know how Cecil managed to interpret Shion's words that way... Again, I applaud Cecil for his optimistic outlook and effort.

It's nice that Shion discovered that he can sing representing HEAVENS, not necessarily having to sing with the members to fulfill his oath... ^^ But realistically, no group lasts forever, so does that mean Shion will stop singing once HEAVENS disband or retire...? :O I think Shion should reconsider his oath...

Beautiful song this time! Cecil and Shion's song is my favourite duet song so far!! :D The lyrics are so beautiful and same goes to the scenery. <33 It was even cuter that all of the members from both groups came to the recording studio... ^^ (But yes, what is an Visible Elf??)
Cloe900311Nov 4, 2016 5:51 PM
Nov 13, 2016 8:43 AM

Jul 2008
This episode was ridiculous XD from Cecil being so gay for Shion, to Shion hiding in the closet, to his shitty drama, I was like "wtf am I watching (ᗒᗨᗕ)" for most of the episode XD

but Cecil's my bae, so I enjoyed his screentime + it was nice to see HEAVENS finally being more human xD and the song was nice (that twirling at the end tho...)

VictorRen is up next, eh? Looking forward to that
Mar 13, 2017 1:09 PM

Feb 2015
cecil's attitude reminded me A LOT of kwanghee from IC lol
Sep 29, 2017 9:34 AM

Oct 2009
ok this is the first ep I watched from this season. I think this episode is quite good. At first, I found Shion to be quite the drama queen (your soul would get defiled if you sing with anyone else outside of HEAVENS seriously???) but his concerns seem realistic enough, albeit a little over-exaggerated. Cecil remains adorable and friendly as ever. It's nice of Cecil to eat the humble pie even though he's clearly not in the wrong. I really like the constellation and stars analogy. Their duet song is really good, Toriumi's and Yamashita's voices really blend well with each other. The falsetto in the middle is a really nice touch. The song is really worth a million more listens.

I have to say it's been a really long time since I watched this anime and I really love the character designs, including the anime-exclusive characters aka the HEAVENS members. All of them are unique-looking and pleasing to the eyes. It seems strange to see Nanami placed on the backburner but I guess it's pretty refreshing to have Cecil and Shion sort out their differences on their own (though Cecil is the one doing most of the effort). It's nice to see Camus, and Cecil approaching Camus which means Cecil sees Camus as a reliable mentor ( I haven't watched the third season yet).

TomDay said:
cecil's attitude reminded me A LOT of kwanghee from IC lol

I didn't expect to see this kind of comment in an anime board lol but you're right they're both eager to please others xD
VongoleSep 29, 2017 4:27 PM

More topics from this board

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2016

51 by senekohan »»
Oct 20, 2023 4:47 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 13 Discussion

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2016

40 by HikariShoumeiron »»
Mar 20, 2023 8:49 AM

Poll: » [Poll] Uta no Prince-sama Legend Star favorite character.

Lyrel - Oct 30, 2016

11 by jesi2 »»
Dec 29, 2021 6:13 PM

» Will there be a 5th season of Uta no prince Sama?

Minjaeii - Dec 30, 2016

16 by jesi2 »»
Aug 10, 2021 3:27 AM

Poll: » Uta no☆Prince-sama♪ Maji Love Legend Star Episode 9 Discussion

Stark700 - Nov 26, 2016

33 by Liaeves »»
Aug 21, 2020 11:53 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.