Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 30, 2016 2:56 AM

Sep 2013
To celebrate the Hope Academy Series ending, I've decided to post my favorite characters of the series for funsies. I'm interested in reading who everyone's favorites are and see if they are similar to my own.

I'm doing a top 10, you can do however many you want. Hell, you can do just 1. I don't care. I would do a poll, but there is simply far too many characters to put in.

Considering DR2 got me excited for DR3, I liked the DR2 cast a lot. I'm also excluding Izuru from Hinata. Most of the time you just watch him stand around. He is pretty bad ass but he was also very boring.
TehSnawnJan 3, 2017 9:42 PM

Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Oct 2, 2016 5:16 AM
Apr 2016
I really do believe that danganronpa 2 had the best character cast in the franchise.danganronpa 1 was my least favorite and i thought danganronpa 3 had really good characters despite being a dissapointing anime.so, ill be presenting my top 5 danganronpa characters ascendingly....oh and there are alot of SPOILERS so you are warned.

5- Kyosuke Munakata
Munaka is one of the new characters in danganronpa 3 and he really made it quite a show for me, at least in future arc. Munakata tends to carry alot of weight on his shoulders and he really tends to make critical decisions.well ofcourse that's mainly due to the fact that he is the former ultimate highschool student council president but I'm really glad that his character did well in portraying his talent from a personality point of view. Ever since the first episode of future arc and I knew that this guy will turn out to be one well built character....and that he was. What's most interesting about his character is how the past influenced his actions alot. He felt as he was betrayed by his loved ones and even though hekbew chisa was despair, he still loved her. I loved how chisa manipulated him into becoming a raging machine that would do anything to eliminate despair. What's also interesting is how his ideals of hope is opposite to naegi in a sense that he prefers using the dark means in eliminating despair and achieve hope. I was always empathetic with this character because you can really feel all the different emotions that's tormenting this guy.Munakata is a complex character with interesting relationships with his companions making him my 5th favorite character in danganronpa

4- Nanami Chiaki
If there is one person that represents pure hope....that has to be Nanami. Her talent alone is enough to me to really like her...I mean a girl that is the ultimate highschool gamer, how awesome is that. What I most I like about this character is that she was always that positive force that pushes everyone forward.....naegi was something like but he was cheesy as hell. She was the kirigiri of danganronpa 2, intuitive and helping alot with the cases. I still can't forget chapter 5 from danganronpa 2 how sad I was to see her die.....it was much sadder than danganronpa 3 honestly and more meaningful. The relationship between her and hinata was OMG SO SWEEEEEEEET!!!!! Honestly they are the best ship for me in this series as as they were really in chemistry with each other...she was always there for hinata to make him better, and hinata really did a become a fully grown all thanks to her. Nanami is the sweetes and the best character that represents hope for me in the series and that's why she is my number 4

3- Ryota Mitarai
Well.....yeah he was pretty anticlimactic in the end, but this character made me feel alot about him. His passion to his talent is unparalleled....he loved anime so much that he considers it his hope and savior. He wanted everyone to be saved by anime the same way he was saved by making an anime that inspires hope. He dedicated his life into it, never leaving the screen of his computer.in the end, it was all laid to waste as his weapon of hope was used for despair which caused the worst moment of human history. This summary alone will make you just feel sorry for him.I loved how in the ending of despair arc we see him hiding underground crying in regrets. When he decided to brainwash the world at the end of future arc I really thought this is actually really understandable as he was pushed to his limits untill he finally decided to fight. He thought despair will never be defeated because he himself witnessed how powerful it is and that's why he decided to use a controversial method to achieve hope. The only problem is that the resolution in hope arc did not do justice to this character because I did not feel as if his ideals were challenged. Ryota is honestly a character that represents a character that choose wrong methods to eliminate despair as a result of how emotionally tormented he is...and that's why he is my number 3

2- Hajime Hinata
Naegi can shit and die because Hinata is hands down the best main character the series ever had. The narration of danganronpa 2 did a very good job in exploiting this character. In the beginning he was shown how he was able to join his dream acedemy however he doesn't remember what his talent is. He really worshipped the idea of talent so much was desperate in finding what talent he possesses only to find out that doesn't have one and that he actually is a reserve student. He was very demotivated by this fact but nanami always made sure to motivate him again and let him always keep in fait of hope....but she was then killed infront of him as he he voted her as the killer of Komaeda Nagito. His face when he revealed her as the traitor in chapter 5 on danganronpa 2 i will never forget it. His tears were falling for the first time and he was about to make me cry aswell....add to that he also finds that in real life he is no longer hajime hinata , he is an artificially made izuru kamakura the person who possesses all possible talents and the guy who was thought to have started the tragedy of hopes acedemy...but he kept fighting on with the help of Nanami's words all for the sake for the better future that believed he will make. Danganronpa 3 also made exploited him well by showing you how upset he was that he has no talent and how he couldn't hide his temptation in agreeing to become izuru kamakura. Hinata is really a motivational character as he has suffered alot and still continues to fight on for the future, add to that his beautiful relationship with nanami and you get my 2nd favorite character in danganronpa

1-Komaeda Nagito
I will never ever ever ever EVER forget his role in danganronpa. Holy shit this guy is INSANE!!!his logic is insane, his ideals are insane and his actions are really insane!!! His talent is just pure luck but this guy certainly is more than just a person with a funny talent. I do think that Enoshima Junko is a really disturbing character...but Nagito always gave me goosebumps. I have seen alot of psychopathic characters but this guy is on another league. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have a kickass start class trial in danganronpa 2. He is the cause of the first murder in danganronpa 2 and he did it for the sake of hope??? He believes that with greater despair comes greater hope...that's madness!!!but the funny part here is that i agree with him. He does make a point. The way he terrorized the other characters in danganronpa 2 was really interesting to watch. You can feel his presence just brings chaos..and finally in chapter 5 he just kills it...holy shit that was the best class trial that ever was in danganronpa , I really felt the goosebumps on my skin
..I literally saw my hair standing. He created a murder case that was honestly so befitting to such character. Komaeda represents what danganronpa means to me:insane,hyperbolic,unpredictable,full of twists and entertaining as hell. That's why this guy is my top favorite character in the danganronpa series

Some honorable mentions
Souda kazuichi: funny as hell
Enoshima Junko: great villian and smoking hot
Oct 2, 2016 10:45 AM

Jan 2009
1- Komaeda Nagito.
2- Kamukura Izuru.
3- Nanami Chiaki.
Oct 2, 2016 11:11 AM

Jul 2013
1. Aoi Asahina
2. Juzo Sakakura/Sonia Nevermind

Beyond that, I don't really have any explicit favorites. I enjoyed quite a few characters though...namely Sayaka Maizono, Sakura Oogami, Hiyoko Saionji, Chiaki Nanami, and of course Junko Enoshima. This show had really great women.
Oct 2, 2016 1:55 PM
Jul 2018
Normally I'm not a big fan of playing faves but it's very tough to look past Komaeda Nagito lmao.

Such a deep, hilarious, intriguing, complicated and very fascinating character.
Oct 2, 2016 1:56 PM

Sep 2015
Tomoko Kuroki always #1
Oct 2, 2016 2:06 PM

Feb 2013
1 - Nagito
2 - Gundam
3 - Hajime
4 - Ryouta
Oct 2, 2016 2:28 PM

Sep 2016
I actually do like a lot of characters very much, but I'll say what's on my mind that is my top and bottom three.

Top 3
3) Chihiro Fujisaki - One of the nicest characters in the entire series, and I can totally relate to his pain and why he made himself look like a girl. I was rather angered at Mondo for murdering him, but I couldn't completely dislike him overall. Clearly he regretted doing such a thing very much, and clearly he has extremely large anger issues, and it's a trait that he definitely doesn't like or is fine about at all. A part that he very much hates himself about.

2) Sakura Oogami - Possibly the sweetest woman in the whole series, imo, and one of the nicest characters. Despite how she clearly looks, I couldn't help but not view her as anyone other than another extremely kind and caring girl. I even found her top waifu material when I was younger. I find that neat. The reason why she committed suicide was very heartbreaking.

1) Junko Enoshima and Mukuro Ikusaba - both of these characters are so much fun imo, and were pretty good antagonists overall. Even with all that they have both done, they are villains, after all, and I can't dislike them as such since they were that entertaining as such to me. Junko being revealed as the mastermind in DR1 was completely surprising to me. Loved it. These two were also one of the main highlights of the Despair side of DR3, which is good since they are practically main characters there as well, especially Junko, of course, and very much enjoyed Danganronpa IF because of Mukuro herself.

Honorable mentions:
Yukizome Chisa - Such a hardworking woman, and when you think about it, she had one of the most unfortunate fates and deaths. Junko mockingly summarized it all well in the last episode of the Future Side. Becoming part of the Despair Remnants due to her brain literally being hacked, giving herself a bad name with all the crap she did while she was a Despair Remnant, and committing suicide in front of Munakata? Extremely harsh.

Ryota Mitarai - One of the most unlucky and unfortunate characters that hasn't died (fortunately), and for a shy shut-in with little to no self-esteem, all that he went through and was on his shoulders really, really sucked. It's no wonder he went pretty much insane later on. Was happy that he reunited with his friends of the 77th class.

Nagito Komaeda - Simply put, a very entertaining character, really.

Byakuya Togami - I initially disliked him for being a jerk, but I do respect how intelligent and a pretty skilled detective he is. We see why he pretty much acts in such a way, which makes his behavior rather understandable. Plus he had a ton of character development with all that he went through, and thus don't really dislike him anymore.

Toko Fukawa - Humorously strange, understandably meek and mistrusting of most others, second personality is entertainingly insane. Can't really think much else, but overall, like her.

Kyosuke Munakata - Pretty much the same as Byakuya, but that's only initially and only on the Future side. Therefore, I never really disliked him as much as Byakuya, since we already see in the Despair side that he was never like how he acted initially in the Future side. After more episodes of both sides of the anime, I come to understand why he acted in such a way, plus he gets considerable character development and returns back to his former self while regretting all that he did from before. Plus he lost two of his closest friends, and in such ways, too.

Bottom 3
3) Daisaku Bandai and Miaya Gekkogahara - simply because I found the two a couple of the most lacking characters in all of DR. I was very disappointed in how early they've died, how little they were mentioned afterward, and how neither of them ever appeared in the Despair side. Great Gozu is a close one to fit here, as well.

2) Sayaka Maizono - I can't help but dislike her very much due to what she tried to do in DR1. I can understand, what with the motive being used and all, but still can't seem to shake my dislike off of her. I honestly don't think that she exposed Leon as a way of regretting what she tried to do to Naegi, like Kirigiri assumed. Maybe she did, but I pretty much believe that she wanted revenge towards Leon for killing her and nothing else. I find her attitude towards Naegi overall fake.

1) Juzo Sakakura - Oh boy. INCOMING HUGE RANT. TONS OF TEXT. I MEAN IT. STAY CLEAR AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, or anyone really bashing Juzo in general.
Surpreme_SquashOct 3, 2016 8:18 AM
Oct 2, 2016 2:40 PM
Jun 2012
Top 5 of Favorite DR Characters

1- Juzo Sakakura, SHSL Boxer
2- Kazuichi Souda, SHSL Mechanic
3- Mondo Oowada, SHSL Outlaw Biker
4- Gundam Tanaka, SHSL Animal Breeder
5- Celestia Ludenberg, SHSL Gambler
Oct 2, 2016 2:50 PM

May 2010
Junko Enoshima, Mikan Tsumiki and Nagito Komaeda are my top 3
Oct 3, 2016 2:01 AM
Apr 2016
Let's see.... I'll make a top ten. Some are tied.

1. Byakuya Togami
2. Nagito Komaeda
3. Asahina Aoi and Sakura Oogami
4. Mahiru Koizumi (despite how she treats males)
5. Junko Enoshima
6. Mukuro Ikusaba and Celestia Ludenberg
7. Chihiro Fujisaki (the most adorable character ever. Mitarai's adorable too, but this one.... UGH! Much, much too much. Bandai's also adorable, but he died way too easily and unfortunately never really returned)
8. Akane Owari
9. Yukizome Chisa and Seiko Kimura
10. Leon Kuwata and Kiyotaka Ishimaru

Surpreme_Squash said:

1) Juzo Sakakura - Oh boy. INCOMING HUGE RANT. TONS OF TEXT. I MEAN IT. STAY CLEAR AWAY IF YOU DON'T LIKE THAT, or anyone really bashing Juzo in general.

Such a large amount of text, but I do agree. Practically my least favorite major DR character. I also can't understand the ones that like him all of sudden after the way he died when they didn't like him so much before, because while it's touching and sad and all, he's been very unlikable and a fool for nearly the entire series. Though the fact that he's confirmed gay and in love with Munakata definitely would appeal to the fujoshis and the yaoi or bara fans.
Oct 3, 2016 10:55 AM

Jun 2011
Akai-zetsubou said:
1-Komaeda Nagito
I will never ever ever ever EVER forget his role in danganronpa. Holy shit this guy is INSANE!!!his logic is insane, his ideals are insane and his actions are really insane!!! His talent is just pure luck but this guy certainly is more than just a person with a funny talent. I do think that Enoshima Junko is a really disturbing character...but Nagito always gave me goosebumps. I have seen alot of psychopathic characters but this guy is on another league. If it wasn't for him, we wouldn't have a kickass start class trial in danganronpa 2. He is the cause of the first murder in danganronpa 2 and he did it for the sake of hope??? He believes that with greater despair comes greater hope...that's madness!!!but the funny part here is that i agree with him. He does make a point. The way he terrorized the other characters in danganronpa 2 was really interesting to watch. You can feel his presence just brings chaos..and finally in chapter 5 he just kills it...holy shit that was the best class trial that ever was in danganronpa , I really felt the goosebumps on my skin
..I literally saw my hair standing. He created a murder case that was honestly so befitting to such character. Komaeda represents what danganronpa means to me:insane,hyperbolic,unpredictable,full of twists and entertaining as hell. That's why this guy is my top favorite character in the danganronpa series
After reading this, I really, really, really hope that a studio would pick up DR2 and animate it. I'll probably never play the game, so it'd be such a shame to miss out on that Komaeda greatness. He was really entertaining in the Despair arc despite his minimal screen time, and I really like his seaweed(?) hair design too.

As you can guess, as an anime only viewer, my favorite character is Komaeda, and the reason is simple,
Surpreme_Squash said:
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 3, 2016 11:41 AM

Jul 2015
Honestly, I can't really say. It's hard to choose a favorite when so many are frequently awesome, appealing, interesting, or entertaining to me, in one way or another and whether they are good or evil. This includes a good amount from DR3. There are some that I don't really care much about, one being Chiaki and another being Hagakure (though I don't dislike either of them. Just indifferent. I find Hagakure underrated and underused, tbh). Then there are the very few that I actually do dislike, one of them being what a couple of people already said, Juzo Sakakura. Another being Hifumi Yamada, because I mostly found him annoying and unfunny. Teruteru is miles better than him, imo. Then there are obvious disappointingly lacking ones like Bandai and Gozu.
Oct 3, 2016 11:46 AM

Nov 2012
junko enoshima, hiyoko saionji, byakuya togami and izuru kamukura are my favs. although i have to say i love almost all characters in this series pretty much.
Oct 3, 2016 1:08 PM

Feb 2016
hmm
my top 5
5.Chiaki Nanami
4.Komaeda Nagito
3.Kimura Seiko
2.Fukawa Touko
1.Kirigiri Kyouko ♡

I also appreciate Munakata,Naegi and Hinata in a special way.
Oct 3, 2016 1:40 PM

Feb 2013
ToG25thBaam said:
Akai-zetsubou said:
1-Komaeda Nagito
After reading this, I really, really, really hope that a studio would pick up DR2 and animate it. I'll probably never play the game, so it'd be such a shame to miss out on that Komaeda greatness. He was really entertaining in the Despair arc despite his minimal screen time, and I really like his seaweed(?) hair design too.

As you can guess, as an anime only viewer, my favorite character is Komaeda, and the reason is simple,
Surpreme_Squash said:

DR2 will never get an anime.
They were gonna make an anime of DR2 instead of DR3 before but they realize that DR2 can't be adaptated into an anime.
Is too long and a lot of the twists and dialogue can only work in a game and now DR3 has ruined the 90% of the plot twist to the animeonlys.
Pride-Oct 3, 2016 1:44 PM
Oct 3, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2014
Since there are so many characters I'll list my top 25

25. Kizakura
24. Ryota
23. Peko
22. Chihiro
21. Hina
20. Mukuro
19. Chisa
18. Juzo
17. Mikan
16. Celeste
15. Naegi
14. Nekomaru
13. Ibuki
12. Sonia
11. Fuyuhiko
10. Byakuya
9. Toko
8. Munakata
7. Izuru
6. Hajime
5. Gundham
4. Kirigiri
3. Chiaki
2. Junko
1. Nagito
Oct 4, 2016 7:49 AM

Jun 2011
Pride- said:
DR2 will never get an anime.
They were gonna make an anime of DR2 instead of DR3 before but they realize that DR2 can't be adaptated into an anime.
Is too long and a lot of the twists and dialogue can only work in a game and now DR3 has ruined the 90% of the plot twist to the animeonlys.
The chance of getting an anime adaptation for DR2 does sound kinda slim now. I'll give the game a go when I have more time.
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Oct 4, 2016 8:07 AM

Nov 2011
You either hate Nagito or you have him as your number 1 favorite character.

Oct 4, 2016 10:50 AM
Jun 2016
AmyTwo said:
Honestly, I can't really say. It's hard to choose a favorite when so many are frequently awesome, appealing, interesting, or entertaining to me, in one way or another and whether they are good or evil. This includes a good amount from DR3.

Pretty much this, so I can't really answer. There's a few that I can't really understand the appeal of, but those are the ones I either don't care about or that I dislike anyway, and the ones in either of those categories are very few in number.

I guess my most favorite would be Monaca since she's a troll and I actually liked the way she just gave up, though it would have been great if she was the mastermind and the "2nd Junko".
Oct 4, 2016 11:19 AM

Jun 2016
1- Enoshima Junko,
2- Naegi Makoto,
3- Komaeda Nagito
4- Yukizome Chisa
5- Fujisaki Chihiro
6- Izayoi Sounosuke
7- Mioda, Ibuki

I know they're too many, but I pretty much like most of DR characters.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 4, 2016 11:26 AM
Jun 2016
Beth_Masey said:
the fact that he's confirmed gay and in love with Munakata definitely would appeal to the fujoshis and the yaoi or bara fans.

Yeah, I don't like Juzo myself either, but I believe that this is very true. If you have been to pixiv, right after the episode of Junko confirming him being in love with Munakata, there were tons of fanart of the two being paired along with Munakata x Yukizome popping up soon after. There's also a lot of both Yukizome and Juzo having Munakata and sharing him. Was kind of funny to see all of a sudden.
Oct 5, 2016 3:48 AM

Jul 2014
1. Nagito Komaeda
2. Hajime Hinata
3. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu
4. Byakuya Togami
5. Sonia Nevermind
6. Chiaki Nanami
7. Makoto Naegi
8. SHSL Imposter
9. Peko Pekoyama
10. Sakura Oogami

Honestly, I loved pretty much everyone except Akane and Hiyoko from the 2nd game.
Oct 5, 2016 10:30 AM
Dec 2011
I will try just listing three from every canon Danganronpa

DR1:
Kirigiri Kyouko
Togami Byakuya
Celestia Ludenberg

SDR2:
Komaeda Nagito
Tanaka Gundham
Nanami Chiaki

Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo:
Naegi Komaru
Fukawa Touko
Komaeda Nagito a.k.a Servant

DR/0:
Enoshima Junko
Matsuda Yuuske
Ikusaba Mukuro

DR3:
Mitarai Ryouta
Kimura Seiko
Kamukura Izuru

DR Gaiden: Killer Killer
Hijihara Takumi
Asano Misaki
Fujikawa Shuji

P.S: It's really difficult to dislike any of SDR2 characters
Oct 6, 2016 3:15 AM

Jun 2016
Well here my Favourite character In Danganronpa and My hatest

1. Kyoko Kirigiri

2. Chisa Yukizome

3. Seiko Kimura

4. Kyosuke Munakata

5. Hajime Hinata/Izuru Kamakura

6. Chiaki Nanami

7. Koichi Kizakura

8 Byakuya Togami

9. Great Gozu

10. Chihiro Fujisaki/Monoca Towa

My hatest

1. Junko enoshima

2. Mukuro Ikusabe

3. Ruruka Andou

4. Juzo Sakakura

5. Kazuo Tengan

6. Ryota Mitarai(I just dislike him because of how lame he was as final villian)
PrideRoyalIvyOct 6, 2016 3:27 AM

Oct 6, 2016 5:04 AM

May 2016
This is pretty tough, but here I go.

Like: 10. Chihiro Fujisaki 9. Aoi Asahina 8. Makoto Naegi 7. Takumi Hijirihara 6. Kyoko Kirigiri 5. Sakura Oogami 4. Ibuki Mioda 3. Kazuchi Soda 2. Toko Fukawa 1. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu

I also really like Komaru Naegi, Yukizome Chisa, Ryota Mitarai, Yasuke Matsura, Togami Byakuya, Koichi Kizukura, Seiko Kimura, and nearly the rest of the Danganronpa 2 characters not among my top 10.

Dislike: 9. Tengan Kazuo (for being the mastermind, though he was manipulated) and Kyousuke Munakata (for being insane and trying his best to frequently kill anyone in his way, though he was manipulated and later reverted back to his old self) 8. Leon Kuwata 7. Sayaka Maizono 6. Sato 5. Every other Monokuma in Ultra Despair Girls besides Monokuma himself 4. Juzo Sakakura 3. Hifumi Yamada.2. Monomi 1. Haiji Towa

Love and hate (but overall entertaining to me): Monokuma, Junko Enoshima, Mukuro Ikusaba, Komaeda Nagito, Ruruka Ando and Sonosuke Izayoi, and Monaca Towa
AlliedWishesOct 6, 2016 4:44 PM
Oct 11, 2016 9:55 PM

Feb 2015
1-Nagito Komaeda
2-Nagito Komaeda
3-Nagito Komaeda

4-Ibuki Mioda
5-Hajime Hinata/Izuru Kamukura
6-Chiaki Nanami

Seriously, the others characters don't even compare to Nagito's greatness. Such a brilliant character.
Oct 16, 2016 6:39 AM

Oct 2016
The best characters for me are:
-Naegi Makoto
-Komaeda Nagito
-Kirigiri Kyoko
-Chiaki Nanami
Oct 16, 2016 6:49 AM

Mar 2016
My favorites:

1- Ryota Mitarai
2- Naegi Makoto
3- Hajime Hinata
4- Chiaki Nanami
5- Byakuya Togami (he had a little camio but i love him anyway)

You can see how i have the worst taste
Oct 16, 2016 7:15 AM

Mar 2011
DR1:
Byakuya Togami
Celestia Ludenberg

SDR2:
Hajime Hinata

Zettai Zetsubou Shoujo:
Haiji Towa

DR/0:
Mukuro Ikusaba

DR3:
Izuru Kamukura
Kyousuke Munakata

DR Gaiden: Killer Killer (up to 8 chapter)
Takumi Hijirihara

Men are props on the stage of life, and no matter how tender, how exquisite…
A lie will remain a lie.

Oct 17, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2014
0) Rantaro
1) Gundam
2) Komaeda
3) Juzo (CAN ANYONE EVEN REMOTELY CONTROL OUR BOY JUZO???)
4) Fuyuhiko
5) Hajime

The lack of females is real

Edit: I never got the whole "I hate Juzo because he's the reason why the apocalypse happened" argument. Not only is it insanely far-fatched, it's stupid. Going by that logic, I may as well say Juzo is the greatest character to exist because he's the reason why Danganronpa exists.

how meta
YehartOct 17, 2016 11:48 AM
"Hi!"
Oct 17, 2016 4:10 PM

Sep 2016
Yehart said:
0) Rantaro
1) Gundam
2) Komaeda
3) Juzo (CAN ANYONE EVEN REMOTELY CONTROL OUR BOY JUZO???)
4) Fuyuhiko
5) Hajime

The lack of females is real

Edit: I never got the whole "I hate Juzo because he's the reason why the apocalypse happened" argument. Not only is it insanely far-fatched, it's stupid.

lol "Hurr durr I don't like people disliking the character I like for a reason that I would call far-fetched and stupid simply because I disagree with it.... even if said reason is something that even the very character himself admitted and regretted big time for stupidly doing"

Going by that logic, I may as well say Juzo is the greatest character to exist because he's the reason why Danganronpa exists.

how meta

And this was so stupid that I couldn't help but facepalm and chuckle... But hey. Whatever you want to twist what people say and deem him as. I really don't care. To each their own. lol
Oct 29, 2016 6:56 AM
Aug 2016
Favourite Male Characters

1# Nagito Komaeda
2# Gundham Tanaka
3# Monokuma
4# Kiyotaka Ishimaru
5# Nidai Nekomaru

Favourite Female Characters

1# Chiaki Nanami
2# Kyoko Kirigiri
3# Junko Enoshima
4# Mikan Tsumiki
5# Usami/Monomi
Nov 6, 2016 2:50 AM
Jul 2018
1. Kirigiri
2. Naegi
3. Nanami
4. Hajime
5. Ibuki
6. Peko
7. Fukawa
8. Asahina
9. Mahiru
10. Mikan
Nov 25, 2016 12:17 PM
Nov 2015
My favorites are Peko, Fuyuhiko, Gundham, Toko/Genocider, Komaru, and Byakuya ^^
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Dec 10, 2016 6:43 AM

Jan 2014
My top is:

1)Chiaki Nanami - She's my number one waifu and I'd do anything for her. I loved her before I actually played the game. Yes.*
2)Nagito Komaeda - How couldn't I love Nagito? He's my number one husbando.
3)Juuzou Sakakura - I'm the first person on MAL that added him to my faves, along with my big sister. I remember when Juuzou had 2 favs... Haha
4)Komaru Naegi - She's so relatable, I love my baby
5)Sonia Nevermind - She's so pretty and intelligent and funny haha
6)Nagisa Shingetsu - He's SO GOOD HE'S BEST BOI
7) Takumi Hijirihara - He's so handsome, and he's greaaaaat I always love that kind of character
8) Chihiro Fujisaki - I was soooo sad when he died so early!
9) Kyouko Kirigiri - After all, it's Kirigiri
10)Gundam Tanaka - He's so funny

I would have liked to add Rantaro and Kokichi, but technically I don't know them yet haha
Dec 25, 2016 11:35 PM
Jan 2015
my top 10 is :
1) Nanami Chiaki
2) Hajime Hinata
3) Kirigiri Kyouko
4) Sakura Ogami
5) Kizakura
6) Nidai
7) Izayoi
8) Gundam Tanaka
9) Kuzuryuu
10) Kyousuke Munakata
Jan 3, 2017 2:21 PM

Jan 2017
1. Gundam Tanaka
2. Sonia Nevermind
3. Chihro Fugisaki ( idk how to spell last names)
MonoDorkJan 3, 2017 2:25 PM

"If anyone ever tells me it’s a mistake to have hope, well then, I’ll just tell them they’re wrong. And I’ll keep telling them until they believe, no matter how many times it takes!"
- Madoka Kaname

Jan 3, 2017 2:23 PM

Mar 2016
Hiyoko and Komaru all the way ^^

Jan 3, 2017 2:32 PM
Nov 2015
rantarou and harukawa deserve a place on this list, but i technically don't know them yet so ;-;

5. Nagito Komaeda

i relate to him a lot, and i mean, how could i not like him?

4. Fuyuhiko Kuzuryuu

he's such precious, underrated character

3. Junko Enoshima

yess, psychotic characters are my life

2. Mikan Tsumiki

i love her too much omg, she would be first, but i'm overly-biased towards celes so

1. Celestia Ludenberg

she is a freaking queen <3
Jan 7, 2017 6:35 PM
May 2015
1. Kirigiri
2. Junko
3. Chiaki
4. Chisa
5. Komaeda
Jan 14, 2017 6:30 PM

Dec 2012
Komaeda Nagito and Chiaki Nanami only really come into mind. Monomi is runner-up.
Jan 18, 2017 7:15 AM
Aug 2008
There are a lot of them, I'm just not good at their names. Maybe because there is a lot of characters.

Although I'd say Komaeda, Kirigiri and the teacher who's her father friends really need to get mentioned.

I liked Hagakure,Sakura and Ishimaru from first one.

Most of the Despair remains were great. But I need to play or watch the second series.
Sep 30, 2017 12:40 AM
GetsugaTENSHO

Jul 2012
I'm a really big fan of the original Season 1 . Here are my top 5. After watching Zetsubou, Yukizome made it to the list too!

1. Asahina
2. Togami/Yukizome
3. Naegi
4. Maizono
5. Kirigiri
張大です for 張大勇督察
Sep 30, 2017 12:58 AM

Sep 2017
Nagito
Chiaki
Hinata
"When you made this thread, I cried and screamed"

-Swagernator 2017
Sep 30, 2017 3:01 AM
Jul 2018
5 Gundham Tanaka
4 Monokuma
3 Junko Enoshima
2 Kokichi Oma
1 Hajime Hinata/Izuru Kamukura and Nagito Komaeda (i like them both i cant choose one)
Mar 17, 2018 12:36 PM

Jun 2017
My Top 10 Danganronpa characters are...

10. Chiaki Nanami
9. Toko Fukawa
8. Sonia Nevermind
7. Mikan Tsumiki
6. Souda Kazuichi
5. Junko Enoshima
4. Celestia Ludenburge
3. Nagito Komaeda
2. Gundham Tanaka
1. Kyoko Kirigiri
SereniTeaHiveMar 17, 2018 12:42 PM
May 7, 2018 5:21 AM
Oct 2016
Kokichi Ouma is ths best
Oct 22, 2018 10:20 AM

Mar 2012
1. Kirigiri Kyouko, Munakata Kyosuke
2. Nanami Chiaki, Sakakura Juzo
3. Togami Byakuya
4. Fujisaki Chihiro
Mar 19, 2019 9:10 PM

Nov 2011
1) Kirigiri, best character personality wise..
2) Nagito, most entertaining..
3) Ibuki, best girl v^^
"The Slave is the have-not, the oppressed one with nothing to spare.
But because the Slave is in that despairing situation, having nothing, it can kill the Emperor !"
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Kibou-hen Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 29, 2016

446 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 5, 7:49 PM

» About Kirigiri (spoilers from Hope ep)

Dragon - Sep 29, 2016

30 by Apratim »»
Apr 11, 2022 10:20 AM

» Unrelated, but what the heck is the watch orders for these?

IssyBoy - Feb 20, 2022

9 by BanzaiAlex »»
Feb 20, 2022 11:22 PM

» Why do none of the characters care about Mitarai's hope brainwashing attempt getting people killed?

Chikipichi - May 27, 2020

1 by removed-user »»
Jun 6, 2020 8:49 PM

» Chronological order of Danganronpa franchise

SuiNoByakko - Jan 7, 2018

4 by miyumi »»
Mar 24, 2018 10:00 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.