Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 28, 2016 8:03 AM

Jul 2015
Currently caught between the 2. I am on a stingy tight budget, but I am willing to spend a little more if you are able to convince me that a mouse is much more worthwhile investing than a mouse pad, vice-versa.

I was mainly thinking about upgrading my gaming set-up, and possibly improve my aim in CS:GO if it does help any at all.

I know a lot of people recommend the SteelSeries Qck for mouse pads but for mouses, I hear a whole myriad of recommendations.

Some things I am looking for in a mouse:

- 2≤programmable buttons<5
- programmable buttons on the sides of the mouse
- reasonable size, not those miniature kind
- preferably brands like SteelSeries, Corsair, Logitech, etc.

Some things I am looking for in a mouse pad:
- wide enough to cover my keyboard and mouse area
- preferably brands like SteelSeries, Corsair, Hyperx, etc.

Maximum price: ~35USD

Hope anyone can help me. Thanks.
Sep 28, 2016 8:22 AM

Aug 2016
People still use a mousepad with todays technology?
Sep 28, 2016 8:43 AM

Jan 2013
L O L
O
L

Gaming mousepads?
Didn't mommy teach you to not waste money on useless things? Just get a standard 1 dollar mousepad.

Tools can only take you so far before it comes down to skill.
Sep 28, 2016 9:02 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
idk about mouse pads but I've got the g502 which is a solid mouse.
Sep 28, 2016 5:03 PM

Jul 2015
95PercentCaim said:
L O L
O
L

Gaming mousepads?
Didn't mommy teach you to not waste money on useless things? Just get a standard 1 dollar mousepad.

There is no such thing as a 1 dollar mouse pad and even if there was, it wouldn't be in my reach to buy.

If course I know that skills still matter the most, which is why I specifically said that buying the mouse pad was possibly to improve my aim.
Sep 28, 2016 5:57 PM

Jan 2013
trevor_leong said:
95PercentCaim said:
L O L
O
L

Gaming mousepads?

There is no such thing as a 1 dollar mouse pad and even if there was, it wouldn't be in my reach to buy.

If course I know that skills still matter the most, which is why I specifically said that buying the mouse pad was possibly to improve my aim.
1 dollar mousepads do exist, lurk moar

And no, mousepads do not improve your aim at all. It's all dependent on the mouse and how you use it. The only fundamental difference between regular mousepads and gaming mousepads is that gaming mousepads are overpriced bullshit.
Sep 28, 2016 6:01 PM

May 2010
95PercentCaim said:
L O L
O
L

Gaming mousepads?

What NO you need a mousepad with its own cooling and tactile feedback. Plug that shit in and you will be a god amongst mortals.
Sep 28, 2016 6:21 PM

Dec 2013
Find any mousepad with cute little clouds on it.
That's what I have and I rekt skrubs 24/7.
Step Into My Mind - ##&&##&&##&&
Sep 29, 2016 2:33 AM
May 2009
I still use the free mousepad I got with my .Hack anime DVD and Figure.
Sep 29, 2016 4:56 AM

Jul 2015
JunkYardHiro said:

eSports answers your question.

Tensho said:

Looks good but the only concern I have with it is do you often accidentally press the G7 and G8 keys?

95PercentCaim said:
And no, mousepads do not improve your aim at all. It's all dependent on the mouse and how you use it. The only fundamental difference between regular mousepads and gaming mousepads is that gaming mousepads are overpriced bullshit.

Fair enough. I am too leaning more towards a mouse than a mouse pad atm. In fact, I am quite excited about getting my next one lol, since all I have bought in the past are just cheap $10 mice.
MrTralalaSep 29, 2016 5:27 AM
Sep 29, 2016 5:10 AM

Aug 2016
trevor_leong said:
JunkYardHiro said:

Tensho said:

Looks good but the only concern I have with it is do you often accidentally press the G7 and G8 keys?

95PercentCaim said:

Fair enough. I am too leaning more towards a mouse than a mouse pad atm. In fact, I am quite excited about getting my next one lol, since all I have bought in the past are just cheap 10 mice.

Are you as good as a professional e-sports player? Most of what they use is due to marketing. Mice today use an optical sensor. You don't need a mouse pad for that unless you're playing on glass.

Definitely stick with a mouse over a pad.
Sep 29, 2016 5:29 AM

Jul 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
trevor_leong said:

Fair enough. I am too leaning more towards a mouse than a mouse pad atm. In fact, I am quite excited about getting my next one lol, since all I have bought in the past are just cheap 10 mice.

Are you as good as a professional e-sports player? Most of what they use is due to marketing. Mice today use an optical sensor. You don't need a mouse pad for that unless you're playing on glass.

Never once did I say or suggest that I was a pro player. Hell, I even said that I wanted a mouse to possibly improve my aim, I don't have to spell out for you what that means right?

True that these gaming mice are mostly for marketing, but you can't deny that there is some clear advantage from a quality mouse to an average one.

Yea, currently thinking about getting a mouse, the only problem is how much I am willing to spend and how long am I willing to wait lol.
Sep 29, 2016 5:34 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
I ordered a custom-designed mousepad with my waifu on it for about 4 dollars a couple years ago, that's good enough for me. Seriously you don't need to invest much in a mousepad :s
Sep 29, 2016 5:37 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
trevor_leong said:

Tensho said:

Not often, if at all really. In every day use, I have those two keys bound to volume control so I use them quite a bit but I've never found it a problem when it comes to accidentally hitting them.
Sep 29, 2016 5:43 AM

Jul 2015
Tensho said:
trevor_leong said:

Not often, if at all really. In every day use, I have those two keys bound to volume control so I use them quite a bit but I've never found it a problem when it comes to accidentally hitting them.

Ahhh that is good to hear. Thanks for the information, might consider this mouse.
Sep 29, 2016 5:46 AM
Aug 2014
trevor_leong said:

There is no such thing as a 1 dollar mouse pad

Honestly Mousepads dont help with the precision of a mouse unless youre using it on an highly uneven surface otherwise. What they do is making your hand more comfortable, so just use some soft fabric you have flying around or go all out and get one of these super comfy things

Sep 29, 2016 5:50 AM

Aug 2016
trevor_leong said:
JunkYardHiro said:

Never once did I say or suggest that I was a pro player. Hell, I even said that I wanted a mouse to possibly improve my aim, I don't have to spell out for you what that means right?

True that these gaming mice are mostly for marketing, but you can't deny that there is some clear advantage from a quality mouse to an average one.

Yea, currently thinking about getting a mouse, the only problem is how much I am willing to spend and how long am I willing to wait lol.

Nope, but you did mention esports as a valid reason for owning one. =/

Reddragon has a line of mice, headsets, and mouse pads for super cheap. I have their mmo style mouse and so far its held up longer than the Razer Naga and Logitech G600 I owned.

Just a few examples:
https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-CENTROPHORUS-2000-Gaming-Buttons-Weight/dp/B00HTK1NCS/ref=sr_1_2?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475153178&sr=1-2&keywords=reddragon+mouse+pad

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-M801-Programmable-Profiles-Switches/dp/B00GU4F4OM/ref=sr_1_3?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475153322&sr=1-3&keywords=reddragon+mouse+pad

https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-PERDITION-High-Precision-Programmable-programmable/dp/B00LSERFA0/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1475153365&sr=1-1&keywords=reddragon+mmo
Sep 29, 2016 5:51 AM

Jul 2015
leNerd said:
trevor_leong said:

There is no such thing as a 1 dollar mouse pad

LOL you got me good.
leNerd said:
Honestly Mousepads dont help with the precision of a mouse unless youre using it on an highly uneven surface otherwise. What they do is making your hand more comfortable, so just use some soft fabric you have flying around or go all out and get one of these super comfy things

Yea, I'll stick with my current mouse pad I guess. Though I plan to change it in the future just to try different brands of mouse pad.

Reminds me of the Prison school's one haha.
MrTralalaSep 29, 2016 6:07 AM
Sep 29, 2016 6:06 AM

Jul 2015
JunkYardHiro said:
Nope, but you did mention esports as a valid reason for owning one. =/

Omg when did I mention this? All I did was answer your original question which was asking who still uses mouse pads. Dude, I don't even know why you are trying to pick a fight with me (at least that is how it seems to me since you want to keep continuing this). I never thought a harmless question could lead to a pointless argument. Haizz....I am not gonna clarify anymore misunderstandings that you have of me. All I can say is, whatever floats your boat man.

Hm...sometimes the problem of a product being cheap makes me question whether the product is really reliable. I mean I'm fine with it being cheap and all, but surely it must first gain a reputation of being a good budget mouse. Only then I am all for it being cheap.

Seems Logitech is pretty popular. I'll check out the mice you have recommended, reminds me of Msi's mice. Looks pretty vibrant.
Sep 30, 2016 8:57 AM

Aug 2014
95PercentCaim said:
trevor_leong said:

1 dollar mousepads do exist, lurk moar

I don't know about you, but when I switched from my old ragged mouse pad to a new large cloth mouse pad I was able to move my mouse much easier. The mouse pad was also large, and this allowed me to lower my sensitivity. Because of these factors my aim was able to improve because of my mouse pad upgrade.
Sep 30, 2016 9:15 AM

Jan 2012
If you are in a tight budget then I think you should consider a QCK steel series as I heard positive and for the price you cant go wrong.

Once you have that sorted then you just need to know how much you got left to spend but I would say go for Logitech as they come with 2 years warranty so anything goes then they give you a replacement or a newer model ( if it becomes the latest).

I am using a G502 logitech mouse and G640 mousepad

Yahallo!
Yatta!
Baka!

<!
"Humans, your existence was a mistake. Conflicts, lies, jealously, greed. You once caused me to lose everything and today I will devour everything... Because I am the Valkyrie Goddess">
Sep 30, 2016 9:51 AM

Nov 2015
Mousepads are fucking useless I'm not even sure why anyone would buy them..
Sep 30, 2016 10:21 AM

Jul 2013
Gesu- said:

Because it provides better grip and precision and comfort to the palm
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 30, 2016 1:10 PM

Jun 2016
JunkYardHiro said:

I still use a Max Payne mousepad I got with the game in 2001/2002.
Oct 1, 2016 3:15 AM

Nov 2008
Renaultclio101 said:
Gesu- said:

Because it provides better grip and precision and comfort to the palm
It's smoother than my table.

Oct 1, 2016 4:28 AM

Feb 2015
I don't even use a mouse pad and I still wreck everyone in CSGO ;)

More topics from this board

» Stellar Blade Preview: Sekiro Meets NieR: Automata?

deg - Feb 1

28 by Shizuna »»
4 minutes ago

» Gacha Survey ( 1 2 )

Shizuna - Apr 11

55 by BitChilly »»
8 minutes ago

» Last game you purchased ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Completely_Numb - Mar 15, 2014

524 by SnipeStrike »»
1 hour ago

» Add "you little bitch" to a video game quote. ( 1 2 3 )

Kajiuran - Oct 20, 2023

141 by Kajiuran »»
5 hours ago

» whats your least favorite video game

_spoon_ - Dec 10, 2021

30 by Kajiuran »»
Yesterday, 9:54 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.