Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 24, 2017 7:03 AM

Jan 2014
It seemed slightly rushed for an ending, but I liked it. Now onto Season 2.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Dec 23, 2017 10:15 PM

Oct 2015
Ah even after watching the second time, I feel reassured as to how I feel about the show and I really like it till now. I thought they left out any of the characters but they didn't and every drama didn't feel out of nowhere. I feel as if there was a lot of care given in writing the script for this series. Although cheesy at times, that doesn't stop it from becoming endearing and inspirational to watch. Pacing was perfect, once you get out of the phase of comparing sunshine to the original I feel as if you'll appreciate this show even more. 10/10. Suddenly after rewatching the series, I now somewhat appreciate what chika said at the end of episode 7 of season 2

and to the guy who said they only didn't mention muse for only 1 episode, you're obviously not paying attention. They referenced muse on the first 5 episodes and after that they barely even did. Even the muse references contributed to the impact the essence of the show gave. I honestly kept an eye out for muse references since I didn't remember them referencing muse excessively and I was right the first time around and the rewatch was for insurance
EGOISTJan 13, 2018 10:23 PM
Jan 2, 2018 2:30 AM

Dec 2012
Wooooow, yes! This is how you finish a season! Loved the dramatic recap and it really got me when the girls in the audience shouted "Ten!" Aqours found their answer. More than winning, more than following in the footsteps of μ's, they wanted to make their school shine. They wanted people to love and enjoy it as they do. When Chika went off script and got the audience involved...man, what a moment!

Starting up Sunshine, I was worried that it might just be Love Live: Inferior Loli Edition. Instead, it was able to convey what makes Love Live so spectacular through a kaleidoscope of new colors. It manages to take my familiar feelings for idol anime and give them a new shape.

8.5/10
May 6, 2018 12:31 PM

Nov 2014
I mostly liked it more than first Love Live. Sadly, ending was really weak, especially compared to the other one. Maybe it's because this show overall felt more relaxed? No idea, but I really didn't like this episode.
Sep 14, 2018 3:21 PM

Oct 2015
I loved how they did a recap on their struggles throughout their journey to being idols, and the overall performance was awesome. Atleast in the end they were able to turn that zero into a one on the number of applicants to the school.

Overall I think this alternative setting is better than the school idol project of muse. This is because every character has character unlike muse who some were very bland and undeveloped. The story line is authentic because you were able to engage their pain of losing, unlike Muse who cruised almost every huddle without engaging the viewer.

I would say this is a better love live than the alternative and it made me care to cheer for them. I hope they win next time. 8/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Feb 9, 2019 9:08 AM

Sep 2013
I still think i prefer the original series but love this in its own right.

Final performance was great but did they really need that dramatic recap before their song? I would have thought these kind of live shows would have a time limit per song, not let groups try and get emotional support from the crowd.
Apr 23, 2019 2:08 AM
Oct 2017
I wonder how many times Hanamaru Kunikida says "zura"
This is the biggest mystery of the series
Jun 25, 2019 1:12 AM

May 2016
Seeing the girls feeling so emotional when they talked about how far they've gone before their big performance in the regional qualifiers already made just as tearful as they were but that recap they did made me feel so happy for them that I nearly ended up crying a puddle like the time where u's finally filled up the auditorium back then. That introduction from Aqours to everyone in Akiba Dome was very theatrical but I was completely charmed by the whole thing. It's a lot like those backstory parts shown in televised talent shows before the contestants begin but I was really inspired by this one in particular and entertained by how they presented it so creatively. They sent their message to all of Japan by showing how they slowly but persistently worked hard to get where they are now and they topped it all off with a superb performance of Mirai Ticket.

It would've been perfect to perform Step! Zero to One at that very moment considering how prevalent the theme of getting that zero to a one was but it's still really good. Everyone loved their performance so I hope that the organizers didn't end up ruining the fun because of some unexpected rule-stretching happenings that occurred during their time onstage lmao

I wonder what the 2nd season would be like...

Jul 21, 2019 10:25 AM

Aug 2013
Lovely episode. I loved it how they included a recap about their struggles and how they became school idols. The Mirai Ticket performance was awesome.

Overall, this was a fun series. Though I do prefer the original Love Live, this is also great. 8/10. Looking forward to season 2.

Nov 4, 2019 9:09 PM
Apr 2018
Uhm... I was pretty excited for this episode but it left me feeling I watched nothing. First half was super forgettable and the second one was strange: at first, I liked the act Aqours did but when it became basically a recap, I couldn't wait for it to end. Riko was shown to be very worried about the other girls joining only to be revealed that she didn't know how to tell Chika that the rules wouldn't allow new members. I know Chika isn't supposed to be smart but, why did she think they could add more members? Mirai Ticket was okay. Very dissapointed for a finale.

Overall, Sunshine S1, for me, started kinda boring, since it was too similar to the original series, improved with every episode, except for the last one; and because there is one more season I think it will keep this path. Dia grew on me a lot, I love Yohane, wish Kanan had more screentime, Riko and You are cool enough, can't stand Ruby, Hanamaru is in the middle but I liked her backstory, Mari is just there and I don't like Chika as the mc. I'm torn between a 6/10 and 7/10
Mar 26, 2020 12:52 AM

Jan 2013
I prefer them to M's to be honest.

"Please stop talking about math when I'm eating."
Sep 14, 2020 8:31 PM
#FreeWatermelon

Feb 2020
From zero to hero, or at least, one first.
Thats what happening on this last episode of these season. Their last performance, was absolutely brilliant. I just love the stages setting for them. So shiny! Its so warming up my heart!

One goal had been resolved, with the help of everyone, their kindness, their effort, their will of fire, their passions, they could pass the burden that always block their way to success. Its not the best result, so far. But surely they developed some great thing over there. They success to concluded every peoples heart in one performance. Such a great thing that even Muses couldn't did that on their first big show. Congratulations, Aquors! Keep your humble, and be shiny!

What they achieved with a zero? A shiny love from the group of Aquors that never leave off their heart! The Sunshine will continued their story! From the start, from the number of one. Their very first. Yep, thats it. This is their zero. A zero Introduction, of Aquors. A zero Introduction of their shine, and ended up with 1 result. One more season to built up. 1 more story to strengthening their relationship. 1 more way to became the number at Love Live! competitions! Could they surpassed it? Lets see the next season!

Okay, thats it for me. Another wrecked commentary, with a lot of effort, i can survived this first season. There were so much happening. Absolutely great. I don't have anything to said. It was indeed a well compacted conclusion in these single episode. Yet, as general its just a symphony of a greatness. The true meaning of a shine? Well, they surely held some of their successor memories to be a shine. However, their last 3 episodes showed me that they could maked their own differences. So, i just love that direction. Its suited well, the concept was good. With all of that, i had no complain to actually give another 9/10 for these nice spin-off continuations series from the succession of Muses. Congratulations!
Hide and seek is the best offline games on this fatamorgana-called-world-thing. Please comment nicely. I am newbie here.

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges
Apr 17, 2021 4:05 AM

Feb 2020
Well, it was an okay finale, but it could have been a lot better in my opinion.

Overall, this was a very good season, but nothing can beat µ's.

SerafosNov 13, 2023 1:35 AM
Oct 10, 2021 8:41 AM
Apr 2021
This is beautiful i cryed.
Nov 12, 2021 9:27 AM

Nov 2017
That was sweet.

It was nice seeing all the girls get teary-eyed. It's like, you never know where life is gonna take you, but the atmosphere comes off as "I'm glad it got us here though!"

Also, I loooooo~ve their outfits for the Mirai Ticket song (The T-shirts made that were based off it are awesome too). &++ that was a great song to perform and end with~
Mar 8, 2022 7:09 PM

Jan 2022
Definitely wasn't expecting a whole drama before their performance, it was definitely entertaining though. Also I realised my post for the last episode was dumb, a whole season dedicated to preparing for the one Love LIve performance would be awful LMAO

Honestly, character wise I prefer Aqours to Muse so much and the third years carried this show so hard. Music wise I prefer Muse though, but also we've not got to hear much music from Aqours I don't think.

The second half of the show was alot better though, first one felt like side quest filler kinda stuff just showing off how fun being an idol is. I'm disappointed we didn't really get any kind of training camp episode and we didn't really get to see the behind the scenes much at all. Overall it's a 7/10, but if it wasn't for the last few episodes and how good the characters were it'd be a 5/10
Apr 1, 2022 4:46 PM
Jun 2016
Mari using a Windows 10 computer caught me off guard. Is that even allowed under copyright laws?

Chika's mother is really small, lol.

Love Live universe must be a world filled with miracles and coincidences. From Honoka stopping the rain to this episode's school girls raising their light sticks and thee fountain starts up with them.

I knew it that extra performers aren't allowed.

The summary at the end of this episode was pretty cool. It's kind of like that one episode of The Last Airbender. I like it when shows do that. Kind of wonder why don't more shows do it. But I guess it could lose its charm.

They did the skit in their uniforms, but sung the song in costumes. Hmn, I wonder how does that fit in the story chronologically? As in, when did they change?
Dec 30, 2022 7:43 AM
Deadhead

Dec 2018
This was a really good finale, and as good as that play was to summarize the show I kept wondering if they were allowed to do that lol, but I think it was a really nice way to showcase how far these girls have come and the journey we as viewers took along with them. The final performance was amazing too, love how they still managed to incorporate the other students and even people that aren’t students with their performance, Chika broke choreography to do it but it was a really good moment lol. And seeing the number of applicants change from 0 to 1 like they kept saying was nice to finally see after Aqours has been plagued by 0s up to this point.

I really enjoyed Sunshine, this is coming from someone that’s only seen Superstar and Nijigasaki, I’m watching in a weird order I know lol, but I did really love this even if I haven’t seen the original show. I know early on there was beef about this being too similar to the original show but as it turns out that was part of the plan, the girls realized they didn’t need to chase Muse and paved the way for their own future after copying them for most of the season, and without having seen the OG I think it still worked really well, it probably would have been even better if I had seen Muse first but that’s just how it goes lol.

I had a few gripes with some of the dramatic situations, namely the 3rd year girls and Riko’s piano competition, they had really touching resolutions but were built on aspects that annoyed me, but overall I did enjoy those bits despite my issues. I think You had the best drama with her little arc near the end though. And I don’t think I have a best girl yet but I do particularly enjoy Hanamaru and her “mirai zura!” bits lol, and I think Chika has been one of my favorite MCs so far, I already liked her for her outgoing personality but her character growth was drastic by the end of this season, she’s like a completely different character almost, and I really like that. She’s also just super cute so there’s that too lol. All the girls were great tho, it’s really hard to say one is my favorite, maybe by the time I finish Season 2 I can say for sure. I also found this to have some of the best comedy out of any of the series I’ve seen so far, as well as the most yuri lol, a lot of those moments felt like they went beyond friends, and that’s just fine too.And this also happened to be my final anime of the year, I squeezed it into this last week just for that lol.
TheColonel76Dec 30, 2022 7:51 AM
Jan 29, 2023 7:25 AM

Apr 2020
Man this was disappointing. The characters are bland in comparison to SIP (which already had several forgettable characters itself), the plot points are boring copies of SIP as well, almost every aspect is worse than SIP. I'll still watch the second season but I don't expect it to be much better. Hopefully the next entry wouldn't be as bland as this though.
Feb 13, 2023 3:30 PM
Jan 2018
Great art and characters,i give this season a 8.5/10
Mar 17, 2023 8:10 AM

Jul 2022
They did a play in Tokyo Dome xDDD
Mar 29, 2023 12:10 AM

Jan 2015
Ahh, beautiful. The really heart filled message of the whole season has a really nice climactic scene here with the performance, I really liked it. This sequel has a frequent yet still nice message which they tell really well by playing off of its existence as a sequel. Excited for the second season, but the series already set itself as a sequel which stands strong by this season alone, even if it took a bit to realize. Definitely teary eyed watch, haha!
I'd have to say my favourite character is Yohane, in Sunshine!!.

May 2, 2023 5:17 AM

Dec 2020
Ok I thought Riko was gonna say no, we worked so hard we can't have these girls with no training or practice come on stage with us. Like ???

Also imagine going to love live and then one of the many groups just start putting on a play about their back story lmao and THEN stop in the middle of their song to bring a bunch of people near the stage which they stated previously wasn't allowed lmao

Overall good. Still prefer school idol project but these ones are growing on me.
Sep 29, 2023 9:05 PM
Mar 2021
SUNSHINE!! BEAUTIFUL SEASON
Dec 16, 2023 3:26 PM

Feb 2020
I didn't expect that at first, but I liked this season a lot better than the first season of School Idol Project !
I wasn't fond of the beginning due to how blatantly it was trying to follow in the first story's steps with even more stereotypical characters and a total lack of training scenes, but it became much better later on.
While I don't know who's my favorite yet, I like all the characters (where in SIP, I had a hard time with most characters until season 2), some episodes were very touching, the chemistry between the girls is very good and overall, it is an endearing and heartwarming story with a very good message.

It still has a lot of the flaws I already noticed in its "big sister", but just like the latter, at the end of the day I enjoyed the ride and I'm curious to see what's next.
I give this first season a 6/10.
Mar 10, 4:43 PM
Oct 2022
Am so disappointed to say 4/10 for this whole season… there was so much potential with the characters and location, but the writing and repetition in Sunshine was a chore to watch. I’m hoping to make my way through all the love live generations, but sunshine has a LOT of work to do to get this sour impression to turn into a positive one with its season 2. I am genuinely surprised there are people who liked the random theatre display and the final song and even the final sentiments which were all rehashing things that had already been done and said. The song was a fine enough song, and the outfits were cute (even when Chika’s barette kept glitching out on her close up), but the choreography was so absurd. Chika just abandoned her group who was clearly trying to follow their steps, making a clunky performance as she ran far away from them, and then she managed to do it a second time, running down a runway that didn’t appear to be there in the first place, toward?? The exit???? Very awkward. Also they just showed the 0 to 1 on applicants really hastily and don’t allow it any impact at all. What a mismanaged finale for a very poorly constructed season. These characters have a lot to offer but the writing is running them into the ground. I have so many complaints for every episode (except mayyyybe the You centered episode??) where I was genuinely pulled out of my watching experience over and over. I’ve never had such difficulty trying to stay mentally present with a show, but this show really kept pulling the most unnecessary, absurd things- and this is as someone who enjoyed seeing Future Honoka in the Love Live movie and the strange leaping over a pond to fly scene which were both really absurd. Sunshine felt almost like it was competing to see how many absurd moments and drama it could throw in the mix until the show was hard to empathize with at all. I wish better for these girls and this cool setting in season two. I want to root for this generation of Love Live, and I can’t believe how difficult the writing is making that.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 27, 2016

142 by nanuha »»
Apr 13, 7:26 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 2, 2016

214 by Kayroad »»
Dec 18, 2023 6:58 PM

Poll: » Favorite Aquors member ( 1 2 )

ya_hallo - Sep 10, 2016

70 by LemonXChio »»
Nov 7, 2023 5:58 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

101 by laaala »»
May 9, 2023 1:33 AM

Poll: » Love Live! Sunshine!! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 20, 2016

115 by laaala »»
May 8, 2023 11:15 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.