Forum Settings
Forums
New
Sep 20, 2016 8:29 AM
Jul 2018
Ever since I've started high school, I've been given many countless assignments throughout my classes. Most, in particular, are essays.

Now, I'm easily distracted with the shit that goes on around me. I can never get my work done unless I start to realize the situation I'm in.

A panic mode.

This is the shit that tells you, "You're fucked boy! Start doing some damn work."

I've started and finished many of my essays on the days before their deadlines. I'm absolutely dumbfounded that I haven't fucked up yet. The worst mark I've gotten doing this was a B-. I've been trying to work on this for a while now and I've only gotten a bit better at doing my work on my free time.

My question is,
Have you been in moments where even though you procrastinated, you still got your work done? Do you have any tips on how to procrastinate better?
Sep 20, 2016 8:34 AM

Jun 2015
I procrastinate all the fucking time. Its ridiculous how I manage to get my work done most of the time.

Don't procrastinate, there is no tip to procrastinate better Than just lie in bed and don't think about anything. Don't get up to get your work done, easy. You'll become a master procrastinator.

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Sep 20, 2016 8:39 AM

Dec 2015
Procrastination is a lot like masturbation.
Your basically just screwing yourself.
Sep 20, 2016 8:44 AM

Nov 2015
Every single time?
Plenty of adderall and some caffeine usually does the trick for me, I wouldn't recommend it though..
Sep 20, 2016 9:47 AM

Apr 2012
Coffee and a high fiber diet does wonders for me.
Sep 20, 2016 9:52 AM

Aug 2016
I actually work better when I'm in rush and a bit of panic.

Except when taking tests.
I'm a liar. Ignore that, I'm lying.
Sep 20, 2016 10:29 AM

Sep 2014
I don't usually procrastinate,because I want to have and keep an organised schedule.But when I have to do work that I really despise I waste a lot of time,because I get distracted.
Sep 21, 2016 8:16 AM

Aug 2015
I procrastinate all the time. I just finished all 5 pages and 6 handouts this morning, and I only made a couple mistakes. Right now contemplating on whether I should do the other 5 pages of homework I got today or leave it for tomorrow morning~
Sep 21, 2016 8:20 AM

Jul 2009
I can't study long-term so getting work done while procrastinating is normal for me
Sep 21, 2016 9:13 AM

Jul 2012
A B- isn't that bad. Time management is key.
Sep 21, 2016 9:21 AM

Apr 2015
Bobby2Hands said:
Procrastination is a lot like masturbation.
Your basically just screwing yourself.

It also feels good in the moment, until you're reflecting on your actions like "oh god what have I done".
"No, son, you may not have your body pillow at the dinner table!"
Sep 21, 2016 10:29 AM

May 2013
Just goes to show you have your priorities on right if you procrastinate but still do it. A lot of kids will refuse to face up to their school, and they do badly because of it.

It's okay to procrastinate, just don't make it impossible for yourself.
I CELEBRATE myself,
And what I assume you shall assume,
For every atom belonging to me as good belongs to you.
Sep 21, 2016 10:34 AM

Mar 2016
Marashigu said:
Ever since I've started high school, I've been given many countless assignments throughout my classes. Most, in particular, are essays.

Now, I'm easily distracted with the shit that goes on around me. I can never get my work done unless I start to realize the situation I'm in.

A panic mode.

This is the shit that tells you, "You're fucked boy! Start doing some damn work."

I've started and finished many of my essays on the days before their deadlines. I'm absolutely dumbfounded that I haven't fucked up yet. The worst mark I've gotten doing this was a B-. I've been trying to work on this for a while now and I've only gotten a bit better at doing my work on my free time.

My question is,
Have you been in moments where even though you procrastinated, you still got your work done? Do you have any tips on how to procrastinate better?

Not only did I procrastinate my entire senior year of high school, I really didn't do anything for any class unless I could finish it in class. A tip to beat procrastination is to just do the work the moment you get home. I always hated doing that though cause it would take me hours to finish stuff and I felt like it was a waste of time when I could be doing something I enjoyed more like.. watching anime.
^_^'
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 11:02 AM

May 2016
To be honest, I'm procrastinating right now lol Since I only have a few exercises today, I prefer to do them in the morning or 5 minutes before class.
I don't know what tips give you. Just don't procrastinate too much if you have that kind of school works which are important or essential to pass the subject.
Sep 21, 2016 11:38 AM

Aug 2015
I do that all the time.. like really always. I feel like I can do better once I feel some panic, that I might not have enough time left. My concentration gets higher and I usually accomplish the work faster.

I sometimes also think that I shouldn't procrastinate since anything might happen and it would be really embarrassing to admit that you had enough time but still didn't manage to do it because you thought other things were more important.. But maybe essays and such stuff isn't really the most important in life. That's at least what I always tell myself. "There is the world outside, how can I spent every minute on that essay?! I could do it some other time when it's rainy outside, when the wifi connection is bad, when... when... when.. " And I end up doing it in the last minute. So no I don't have any advice for you. I think you should keep going like that if you manage to get average to good grades ;)
Sep 21, 2016 12:28 PM

Jun 2016
Yes because I procrastinate selectively.
I don't fell all that bad about procrastinating in such a manner because when I put something off it usually means that I see no benefits to doing it and instead I do something either more productive or more enjoyable, or something that is the magical combination of both.
Sep 21, 2016 12:34 PM

May 2015
Why would you want to procrastinate? Procrastination is nothing but a waste of valueable time.
WEAPONS - My blog, for reviews of music, anime, books, and other things
Sep 21, 2016 12:53 PM
Jul 2018
All the time. I do my school shit the day before the due date. I always get 90+. My grades are really good as well. Don't ask me how I do it, I don't know.
Sep 21, 2016 1:04 PM

Jan 2014
TheBrainintheJar said:
Why would you want to procrastinate? Procrastination is nothing but a waste of valueable time.
That's the point of it though. #MalPls30CharaLimit
tretijSep 21, 2016 1:07 PM
Sep 21, 2016 1:26 PM

Sep 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:

At first, procrastination sounds like a great idea, but sometimes, I feel guilty and think to myself, "I should do something productive." Doesn't matter if it's schoolwork, exercising, etc., just anything that might improve my quality of life.

But alas, my procrastination DNA lies deep and I find myself doing nothing unless absolutely necessary.
Sep 21, 2016 1:48 PM

Jan 2013
The other day i procrastinated my homework and then had to rush to do it 22 minutes before it was due.
And then yesterday night I had to rush to do a 2 page paper 2-3 hours before it was due.
Lololol my college life is a mess.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 21, 2016 4:23 PM

Jul 2015
Procrastination is such a fucking horrible habit, though. Hard to get rid of
Sep 21, 2016 6:58 PM

Sep 2015
I procrastinate so much I was going to comment this yesterday but said fuck it lol in all reality though if I could stop procrastinating I might be a CEO or some shit. It's definitely not ideal.
Your next line is "I was just pretending to be retarded".
Sep 21, 2016 7:22 PM

Mar 2008
I always put things off till later but get them done when a deadline is due but things without deadlines are what causes real problems because without a deadline the panic mode doesnt come.
Sep 21, 2016 7:41 PM

Mar 2016
I procrastinate a lot but sometimes you can't afford to do that. It'll catch up to you sooner or later.

Procrastinating essays is good practice if you're going to take timed essays though, especially those essays where you only have 30-40 minutes to write 2+ pages about a topic
"I like young-girl sexual creations, Lolicon is just one hobby of my many hobbies," he says.
I ask what his wife, standing nearby, thinks of his "hobby".
"She probably thinks no problem," he replies. "Because she loves young boys sexually interacting with each other."
Sep 21, 2016 7:51 PM

Jan 2012
I procrastinate so much that it's honestly depressing.
Sep 21, 2016 8:00 PM

May 2016
I procrastinate far more than I probably should. I've decided to break that habit, though. Chem II, Calc II, Biology II in college were all ridiculously easy—I'd "study" for about 20 minutes before a test and get an A, except in Calculus, for which I didn't study at all.

I just got back a B- in my first Organic Chem I class. I procrastinated and didn't start studying until the day before the test. That's the lowest grade I've gotten on any assignment since I entered college (aside from the Chem I and II finals, for which I needed ~30 to pass each with an A, and for which I got ~70 and ~80, respectively). I'm somewhat of a perfectionist, which is counter-intuitive given how often I put off assignments, so I disappointed myself in the extreme with that score.

I guess if you're fine with passing your classes, procrastination is going to let you get the most out of life. Lowering your ambitions to match your habits in that regard, however, probably isn't the best choice. Once you get into college, you should really think twice about waiting to do an assignment.
"Shocking truth!" ~Chaika Trabant
"How unpleasant." ~Kuriyama Mirai
"Whatever tomorrow brings, I'll be there." ~Rem
"You don't die for your friends; you live for them." ~Misaka Mikoto
"Now I believe. In my own strength... and in the one who gave me that strength." ~Roze
"I'll be the guard dog of all your fever dreams."
Signature and forum avatar courtesy of @SenpieX
Sep 22, 2016 12:10 AM

May 2015
Eidea said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

At first, procrastination sounds like a great idea, but sometimes, I feel guilty and think to myself, "I should do something productive." Doesn't matter if it's schoolwork, exercising, etc., just anything that might improve my quality of life.

But alas, my procrastination DNA lies deep and I find myself doing nothing unless absolutely necessary.

What's the joy in procrastinating? What are you doing that causes happiness? Doesn't time just passes?

FallenAbyss said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

How can you live like that? Sounds pretty depressing if you ask me.

It might be depressing, but this is pretty much the topic. I cant feel empathy for you on that one tho, I cause I can do more on that. But I do understand that there are those people who poses as "friends" when theyre just using you for their necessity.

People will hurt you, but loneliness is worse than what most people do.
Sep 22, 2016 12:33 AM

May 2015
it helps to start working earlier in the day so when you finish early, or get to a checkpoint, you still have lots of other time for everything else
Freddy Nicholas said:
have control, be yourself, god is dead
Sep 22, 2016 12:36 AM

Jul 2016
Is that really procrastination? If you are distracted maybe you have ADD because you are easily distracted.
Sep 22, 2016 1:09 AM

Jul 2014
procrastinators do this all the time

you put it off till the very end then you finish it really quick the night before

the deadline makes it all happen, without a deadline theres no panic
Sep 22, 2016 11:57 AM

Sep 2016
TheBrainintheJar said:
Eidea said:

What's the joy in procrastinating? What are you doing that causes happiness? Doesn't time just passes?

All I can say is that the only constant thing in my life that gives me happiness is food.

Zjj said:

you put it off till the very end then you finish it really quick the night before

I find myself, in some situations, working better under pressure, though that's not true for all procrastinators.
Sep 22, 2016 1:02 PM

Mar 2016
I procrastinate with everything I do, because I don't want anything interrupting the scheduled life I live.
Everything must be systematic. Anything that messes up my time frame for doing certain things is a nuisance and must be dealt with last.
I am also a master at multi-tasking, so I can do things at the same time, anyway.
WORK IN PROGRESS
~The frog leapt forth to my lilypad memory.~
I was indoctrinated by an inamorata rabbit,
Adenomata affronted.
It was the verecund, dismissed creatures
That I jubilated in most.
This rabbit I would nurture,
At the aiguille of esse,
The anneal of noblesse.
❤️ Birdie ❤️

Sep 22, 2016 1:31 PM

Nov 2013
I never don't procrastinate. I almost always get my work done though. The things I've missed were minor.
Maybe I have ADD. I know I had it when I was younger.

I can see you

Sep 23, 2016 1:46 PM

May 2015
Eidea said:
TheBrainintheJar said:

All I can say is that the only constant thing in my life that gives me happiness is food.

Zjj said:

I find myself, in some situations, working better under pressure, though that's not true for all procrastinators.

Food provides great enjoyment, but how many things have you tried when you say it's the only thing that gives you pleasure?

Do you want to find pleasure in other things?

More topics from this board

» Has anyone ever told you in real life that "You are enough"?

LenRea - Apr 30

46 by Rhae »»
16 minutes ago

» Have you ever been falsely accused of anything? ( 1 2 )

Ejrodiew - May 1

59 by Noboru »»
26 minutes ago

» Have you ever put someone on the 'Ignored Users' list?

Thy-Veseveia - Yesterday

14 by kusairo »»
28 minutes ago

» Are you a pushover

ST63LTH - 8 hours ago

10 by kusairo »»
40 minutes ago

» Do you love anyone in your life?

LenRea - Mar 31

38 by Eleben »»
47 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.