Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 16, 2016 6:53 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Ah more teasing of Griffith..

In the meantime, Nina does survive and they found Luca too. Weird conclusion for the season honestly, I was expecting something more epic in the end.
I did like how most of the prominent characters came together though, also started to grow to like Isidro a bit more. I think the episode ended around chapter 176.
TyrelJul 24, 2017 8:00 PM
Sep 16, 2016 7:00 AM

Sep 2011
There will be Season 2~~~Oh yeah~~~
Sep 16, 2016 8:01 AM

Mar 2014
Was hoping they'd blow all their budget for Griffith, but like with the entire season, was dissapointed again.

Now let's just pray the best loli in fiction doesn't get a disappointing treatment in the next season.
Sep 16, 2016 8:47 AM

Aug 2012
Why even bother with this cgi trash adaptation.
Sep 16, 2016 8:57 AM

Apr 2016
HOLYSHIT,they aren't satisfied by torturing us with one season only,they would come back with more next year :/
Sep 16, 2016 9:09 AM

Jun 2016
szympus11 said:

why even bother commenting ?
Sep 16, 2016 9:14 AM

Aug 2012
theultimate341 said:
szympus11 said:

just to laugh over all people who watched this cgi trash lol 😁
Sep 16, 2016 9:43 AM

Jun 2016
szympus11 said:
theultimate341 said:

Your life must be sad then. Sorry man.
Sep 16, 2016 9:48 AM

Aug 2012
theultimate341 said:
szympus11 said:

not even close dude wtf are you talking about.. This Anime is trash that's all. They ruined classic Manga with this stupid cgi
szympus11Sep 16, 2016 9:52 AM
Sep 16, 2016 10:00 AM

Jun 2016
szympus11 said:
theultimate341 said:

not even close dude wtf are you talking about.. This Anime is trash that's all. They ruined classic Manga with this stupid cgi

aww you mad xd, if you dont like it ignore it's not that hard.
Sep 16, 2016 10:08 AM

Aug 2012
I'm not mad my friend just sad and disappointed.. 1 episode was enough to drop this shit
Sep 16, 2016 10:27 AM

Aug 2012
Why it's not out yet on horriblesubs and kissanime?
Sep 16, 2016 10:38 AM

Jun 2013
AvihayAnimes said:

kissanime = shit

RAW is already uploaded hours ago. The subbed version is delayed for a few hours.
Kitan~!
Sep 16, 2016 10:40 AM

Aug 2012
vicexxv said:
AvihayAnimes said:

kissanime = shit

RAW is already uploaded hours ago. The subbed version is delayed for a few hours.

Kissanime is the best anime site.
Sep 16, 2016 10:44 AM

Nov 2009
Give it to another studio
Sep 16, 2016 10:47 AM
Feb 2016
Peaceseal said:
How? The anime didn't even sell well due it's quality, it was originally going to be 24 episodes but they decreased that to 12
Sep 16, 2016 11:41 AM
Jul 2018
FINALLY I AM DONE WITH THIS TRASH ADAPTION! I'M FUCKING FREE!

Oh wait... 2nd season... WHY? WHY MAKE A BIGGER TRAINWRECK THAN IT ALREADY WAS? WHY?
Sep 16, 2016 11:54 AM

May 2010
that final berserker armor tease....

agh what a pile of shit this anime is. SHAME!
Sep 16, 2016 11:59 AM

Feb 2012
Come on man its a shame for such epic franchise to get this kind of adaptation, plus they're doing another one the same way.

What more can I say.
Sep 16, 2016 12:08 PM

Apr 2014
szympus11 said:
I'm not mad my friend just sad and disappointed.. 1 episode was enough to drop this shit

too bad for you, the rest of us actually stayed till the end and saw how much better it became.
Sep 16, 2016 12:09 PM

Apr 2014
Kaziki said:
Peaceseal said:
How? The anime didn't even sell well due it's quality, it was originally going to be 24 episodes but they decreased that to 12

how do you know it didnt sell well?

even the haters watching it is selling.
Sep 16, 2016 12:13 PM

Jul 2014
Okay, so Griffith's returned (and somehow looks even more feminine than before), but now what? Well, I suppose the second season should help to clarify that at least.

Overall, not as good as the 1997 series, but not even close to being as awful as everyone suggests, especially when the main issue most people have is the CGI rather than the plot itself.

7/10
Sep 16, 2016 12:22 PM

Aug 2008
Look forward for next season. Am I the only one here who doesn't mind the CGI?
But it's important to remember that a movie review is subjective;it only gives you one person's opinion.

http://www.classzone.com/books/lnetwork_gr08/page_build.cfm?content=analyz_media&ch=30

It doesn't matter if you like LoGH,Monster etc.If you are a jobless or college/school dropout living in your mom basement, you are still an unintelligent loser. Taste in anime does not make you a better person.If elitist don't exist, casual pleb and shit taste also don't exist.
Sep 16, 2016 12:23 PM

Jun 2014
Griffith looked straight up fabulous in his return, but he looked like a woman more than he usually does, which I didn't even think was possible. The ending felt kind of weird but that makes sense since there's another season coming.

This anime was pretty terrible, and while I'll agree that it got slightly better toward the end (just barely, in my opinion), that isn't enough to make me change my mind about the show overall. Can't wait for the next season to come so I can laugh at it some more.
People on MAL refuse to actually enjoy watching anime.

Your taste in anime isn't a personality trait.

Sep 16, 2016 12:26 PM

May 2010
danieltortoisee said:

Overall, not as good as the 1997 series, but not even close to being as awful as everyone suggests, especially when the main issue most people have is the CGI rather than the plot itself.

but that is only because you did not read the manga. we dont compare it to the anime or the 3 movies, we compare it to the source material which is the manga.
And compared to that this adaption is a DISGRACE!
Sep 16, 2016 12:27 PM

Jul 2014
Kaziki said:
Peaceseal said:
I really hope they reduced the amount of episodes to change the artstyle during season 2, a lot of things looked really weird because of the cheap CGI they used.
Sep 16, 2016 12:36 PM

Jan 2010
it's funny how people say they ruined the manga with this adaptation that, overall, followed the manga. anyone who says it's ruined never really enjoyed berserk in first place.

"O NO CGI CRAP HUR DUR THE MANGA IS RUINED NOW HURHRUHRUUR DUR OOGA BOOGA BOOOGA OOGA BERSERK IS DOOMED OOGA HUR DUR"

it would have been better if they didn't skip the lost children arc, but it was awesome. had a blast. 9/10
Sep 16, 2016 12:37 PM

Jun 2012
what a pity..

3/10
Sep 16, 2016 12:43 PM

Feb 2013
I didn't think that they would actually make a second season.
Griffith appeared for a moment, Zodd was cool.
Sep 16, 2016 12:54 PM
Jul 2015
I wonder if the second season will have improved animation and or sound effects.
The sound of Gut's sword is like banging a hammer to an anvil,really now.
But overall i enjoyed the anime,can't complain.
Sep 16, 2016 1:01 PM
Jul 2018
rhap said:
it's funny how people say they ruined the manga with this adaptation that, overall, followed the manga. anyone who says it's ruined never really enjoyed berserk in first place.

"O NO CGI CRAP HUR DUR THE MANGA IS RUINED NOW HURHRUHRUUR DUR OOGA BOOGA BOOOGA OOGA BERSERK IS DOOMED OOGA HUR DUR"

it would have been better if they didn't skip the lost children arc, but it was awesome. had a blast. 9/10

It's not because of the CGI in itself, that's the least I cared about (because not all CGI are bad, just depends on the studio that can handle them).
The fact that I couldn't ignore the flaws the anime had as a standalone bugged me to hell in the end. And I even tried to enjoy it as a manga reader or at least try to, but I just groaned in agony for how terribly executed it was.
Sep 16, 2016 1:05 PM

Feb 2013
Story wise, I find this still good enough

Not being an elitist, I can enjoy this series

Just appreciate, that the next arc will come next spring
For me, it's already better than waiting more years but with same or worse quality than this
We won't know.
MidAvionicsSep 16, 2016 2:55 PM
MyAnimeList』 『』 『MyMangaList
Sep 16, 2016 1:06 PM
The Shrike

Nov 2009
Masero said:

Here's to praying that we get news along the lines of "Madhouse to produce 2nd season of Berserk"....LOL...one can dream, right?

A shame that such a classic and unforgettable story cannot get an adaptation from a decent studio with the resources, creativity and talent to make it look good.

But who am I kidding, I'll probably be watching that second season too.
"Perhaps there is a universal, absolute truth. Perhaps it justifies every question. But that's beyond the reach of these small hands." Mamoru Oshii

There is a cult of ignorance (...) nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov

Sep 16, 2016 1:19 PM
Nov 2015
theultimate341 said:
szympus11 said:

If people only had the right to comment in case they were giving positive feedbacks, SAO would be the best anime of all times
Sep 16, 2016 1:30 PM
Mar 2008
Farabeuf said:
Masero said:

Here's to praying that we get news along the lines of "Madhouse to produce 2nd season of Berserk"

THAT is the only solution. The studio that worked on this....................something.........clearly didnt have any experience in this kinda stuff and it shows.

Yeah, this was very disappointing. To start this, skipping the lost children chapter doesnt do Berserk any good since that chapter was essential to understand Guts better after the eclipse.
The Animation was shit. In Ajin may have worked, in Sanzoku no Musume Ronja may have worked but in Berserk it didnt. The action wants to be cool but it looks desperate and the characters look weak (especially sometimes they look like crap). Sometimes even, the movements resemble damn stop motion, something like in Army of Darkness. Needless to say, that not a good thing.
Music may have worked sometimes but other times the metal tracks dont help Berserk at all. In the Opening it helps since its rock but it has some mythos mixed into it but when Guts goes into a fight? Nah, those tracks just sound like something you would hear in "Needless" or something like that, something that tries desperately to be cool. But outside of Rock/Metal, the tracks actually worked fine. Voice Actors were actually ok too.
But the damn comedy wasnt needed at all. And yes, Isidro and Puck do the same in the manga but the comedy doesnt work there as well. Its like Berserk is suppose to be dark but it better not be too dark, so comedy reliefs were included to lighten up the mood. Sorry but Berserk is suppose to be dark, serious and edgy. The comedy and chibi faces makes it look ridiculous, outside of the ridiculous things that are here to begin with like the horse that wanted to rape Farnese, that was unintentionally funny. But its like including Ponies in "GunGrave" because its too dark. Or Bunnies in "Texhnolyze" because its too depressing.
But the slap in the face was not the almost full 2D opening, its the fact that in the Anime itself, they rarely use 2D as well instead of 2.5D. Its like they wanted to show us what Berserk could actually look like in 2D but they dont give a shit, therefore they get lazy and use 2.5D.
Overall, the studio doesnt have the experience for a story like Berserk. They only have done Slice of Life/Comedy until now, they should have stayed there.
Madhouse should have worked on Berserk, they have experience in dark stories and they know what to do.
This one didnt work at all.
Sep 16, 2016 1:33 PM

Jun 2016
Trollsenpai said:
theultimate341 said:

If people only had the right to comment in case they were giving positive feedbacks, SAO would be the best anime of all times

idc if you hate it, yea i get it not what you expected but saying "i only come here to laugh at the people watching this" how is that constructed criticism in anyway?
Sep 16, 2016 1:38 PM

Nov 2014
It wasn't as bad as I expected after all the shit it got. Animation was broken, but after getting used to it I rather enjoyed anime. Good music (but not sound effects), enjoyable story (at least for someone who didn't read manga) - I can't complain. It's solid 6/10.
Sep 16, 2016 1:42 PM
SHSL Good Luck

Apr 2015
I don't think it was that bad as others are making it out to be. As a fan of the manga, I thought that it was a average adaptation of a great arc, making this anime pretty good. The music and voice acting was great, the tone was done right, and sometimes the directing was pretty good. Also, some of the 2D backgrounds look nice. The CGI animation is bad and the pacing was rather incosistent, but that's not enough for me to give this anime a bad score. Glad it's getting another season! Can't wait to see best loli Schierke :D

Also, Hirasawa's "Ash Crow" ED/Insert song was really good :)

And... BERSERKER ARMOR FUCKING HYPE!!! That 2D art they drew looks slick af!

7/10
GoldenDevilGamerSep 16, 2016 2:55 PM
Sep 16, 2016 1:44 PM
Sep 2016
That final episode seemed rushed. I'm still not sure what to make of it.
Sep 16, 2016 1:54 PM
Feb 2016
Memor said:
Thank god it's over!

...well shit!

4/10 kys.

More like 3/10 lol
Sep 16, 2016 1:57 PM
Feb 2016
orosan said:
Kaziki said:

how do you know it didnt sell well?

even the haters watching it is selling.

Lmao what the fuck was that supposed to mean?

It obviously didn't sell well by the shit ton of negative reviews it gets everywhere

If it didn't sell well why would they decrease the number of the episodes from 26 to 12?

If you think it had sold well then show me a proof
Sep 16, 2016 2:09 PM

Jun 2016
Is it just me or was the BGM all over the place in this episode? A lot of scenes felt off because the music didn't feel appropriate.

A meh finale, which is a shame, since the show was steadily gaining momentum. I wish they'd just removed Nina entirely, I didn't like her part of the story at all.

Oh well, I'm still happy about a new season being announced. Something's better than nothing, and overall this series has been a sorta enjoyable diversion. I'd say a 6.5/10.
Sep 16, 2016 2:40 PM

Sep 2016
cant wait for 2nd season and berserk armor
CrossAnge

Hey guys check my profile for current airing season anime recommendation (guaranteed best taste)
Sep 16, 2016 2:47 PM

Mar 2015
Way too much focus on Nina in the last episode and the season in general.

I thought Guts was the main character?
Sep 16, 2016 2:49 PM
Nov 2015
Berserker Armor hype!
Sep 16, 2016 3:01 PM

Apr 2013
At the end of the day I feel as if this adaptation has been serviceable. It hasn't exactly lit the world on fire, but when it started following the manga faithfully it's definitely been enjoyable. It's too bad that one selling point of the manga, its art, was ruined by the CG and as a result the action, another strong point in the manga, has been very lackluster. Still, characters (mostly Guts) and story still managed to make it worth my while.
6/10

Will definitely watch the second season, as things will only get more exciting.
5 main aspects I base my ratings on:
1. Did DramaEnthusiast make a thread about it?
2. Is it better than Breaking Bad?
3. Did MellowJello recommend the shit out of it?
4. Has it caused a (very entertaining) shitstorm on MAL?
5. Is it actually good?

Scratch the fifth point, it's not very relevant...
Sep 16, 2016 3:22 PM

May 2009
I finally heard Schierke's voice :D

On the note of whole season review... well, two things bothered me the most - CGI (animation) and censorship. I feel this would be an easy 9 if it fixed those two, or a 10 if it didn't feel rushed.
But i'm glad they followed the manga, any Berserk continuation would make me happy. If only it was done by another studio. Once you get used to the animation it's ok, even great! I loved the fight with the angels, and the OST was amazing!

Berserk deserves more effort than this though, CGI was cancerous. I hope some other studio picks this up.
Sep 16, 2016 3:29 PM

May 2015
Well, all I can say is that this show was a disappointment overall. They never should've bothered with that ugly CGI to begin with. But I gotta say that the second half was better than the first half, so 6/10.

Guess I'll watch the second season as well.

Sep 16, 2016 3:36 PM
Aug 2015
Animation was garbage, sound and music editing was incredibly amaturish, and they made some baffling choices on what to cut and what to keep (so much screen-time given to Nina at the expense of the incarnation ceremony). If I wasn't such a fan of the manga, I would've dropped this after the first two episodes.

I hope one day Berserk gets the adaption it deserves.
Sep 16, 2016 3:49 PM

Apr 2013
Well hopefully we'll get a good berserk adaptation in another 20 years....
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Berserk Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2016

989 by JosefStalinium »»
Apr 20, 5:30 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 15, 2016

231 by Qtaro91_original »»
Mar 24, 4:38 PM

» Why does berserk, one of the greatest manga has such a shitty anime adaptation?

IMortaI - Aug 14, 2023

30 by Old_School_Akira »»
Dec 31, 2023 6:37 AM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 29, 2016

118 by Alphanumerische »»
Nov 28, 2023 12:30 PM

Poll: » Berserk Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 8, 2016

285 by Ere14 »»
Nov 11, 2023 4:04 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.