Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 14, 2016 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
For someone who just got back, Shirou puts up quite an impressive display of abilities. I also liked the music OST of that fight.

Gil still impresses me, what an entrance! Lol poor Beatrice

Lots of action, good execution on most parts imo. I can't wait for te official OST album for this season to come out soon. Of course, Julian still had his tricks.
Sep 14, 2016 7:56 AM
Jul 2011
Although I did enjoy it, as a manga reader I can't help but be a bit disappointed. It was inevitable that it wouldn't live up to expectations. Also this episode clearly proved that Silver link is not a studio that's very experienced with lots of heavy action scenes. They did decently for sure, I was afraid it would be a lot worse than it actually was but for a show like this, with amazing manga art and based on a popular franchise, decent just isn't enough to really satisfy.

Also felt like a lot of the scenes were slow in terms of animation, most likely due to not enough frames drawn. But still I'm glad we got this animated at all, and looking forward to the last episode, although I am sadly getting less and less optimistic about another season. I really want more Illya but I have a hard time seeing them adapting more due to all the problems with that such as not enough source material and it being even more action heavy than this season has been.
Sep 14, 2016 8:17 AM

Sep 2013
Silverlink can animate high quality lesbian loli kisses and all that but by god they just can't do action scenes it seems if they make a new season they are going to have it rough adapting the latest chapters of this manga and this season is proof of that.
Sep 14, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was really fucking good. I'm really excited for the final episode next week.

Shirou Emiya, the one true archer.

Sep 14, 2016 9:35 AM

Apr 2010
well that was quite a lot of underwhelming action scenes for a hyped episode.. crappy animation everywhere!! what happened to Kaleid?? totally disappointed..
tinman21Sep 16, 2016 9:31 PM
Sep 14, 2016 9:41 AM

Aug 2010
Damn the derps in the art were real!!! Oh well at least the animation in some parts was nice. Esp loved the Shirou and Kuro combo with the EMIYA playing. That was hype!

Sakura's scenes were fun. I remember all this being way more hype in the manga tho :/
Pretty sure the amazing art in the manga is one of the main reasons

Some examples :3 The Gil scenes were spot on in the anime tho. His grins were epic
Sep 14, 2016 10:01 AM

Apr 2010
Monologues
Shirou/Kuro tag team
Sakuralot
Miyugamesh

All of my yes.gifs

Too bad it was a rush job and the first half had a severe loss of art quality.
Sep 14, 2016 10:13 AM
Jul 2011
Seems like it's all but confirmed that this is the end of prisma, the preview had 最終(last, finale, closing, etc)written above the title of the episode, something that wasn't there in any of the last episode previews of previous seasons. I didn't expect anything else but it still makes me a bit sad that next episode is the last we will see of her Illya and her friends.
Sep 14, 2016 10:29 AM

Jul 2009
Emiya ost sounds weak.
Action look weak.
overall tastes weak.

Reboot please!

Does the compression of 29 chapter into 12 episodes an excuse? maybe

Where was unrimited budget works when you expect it? :(
bruh
Sep 14, 2016 11:16 AM
Jul 2016
Ok, I take that back. SL, you did not do justice for the art style and the action despite I though you did an ok joke. However, WTF didn't you make a smug face on Shirou when he was about to kill Jullian?
Sep 14, 2016 11:22 AM
Jul 2018
The actions in this episode was so intense. Shirou is so badass!

The tag team between Shirou and Kuro was nice and I liked how they owned Angelica!
Sep 14, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2007
Really fucking disappointed.

- The art was not up to par of what should have been. Shirou looked great but the cinematography was just not there and the pacing was way too fast to actually have a good cinematography.
- The pacing was WAY TOO FAST. I thought we might get to Our favorite pink haired yandere appearing as cliffhanger, but it went WAY past that, which meant that most of the episode here felt like an afterthought than the main dish it should have been. While not as bad as ufoubw, this whole episode still felt like on fast-forward. Well I guess mindless whiners who whined Herz was "too slow" got what they wanted now.
- The Emiya rendition was weak as fuck.
- The directing was wonky as fuck. The whole Shirou fight felt really badly directed and VERY rushed - had I not read the manga I would have no idea he used nine lives at the start, for example.
- Gilgamesh-Miyu scenes were VERY trimmed down :/
- Kirei's foreshadowing scene was not used for beginning of episode instead we yet again had a repeat of scene from last ep.

+ Shirou actually had his monologue. This is LITERALLY first in terms of fate adaptations. That alone makes this better than the best of ufoubw episodes, because hwen forced to stuff so much into one episode, Silverlink STILL did not cut that, unlike Ufo, where Shirou monologues were always first priority on cutting block.
+ Sakuralot was great and done justice to.
+ Miyu-Gil voice is perfect.

Tldr: this should have been two maybe three episodes instead of one. Really sad as what this covered SHOULD have been the best part of 3rei. Really makes me feel 3rei adaptation had some production meddling from type moon in order to sabotage it. Anybody watching this should really just watch up to Episode 10 and then finish 3rei with the manga chapters.

Well, I hope the certain people who wanted this season to so badly end on ch 29 will get their wishes. I guess they should be happy now :^)

3/5. A first for Prillya.
AhenshihaelSep 14, 2016 11:38 AM
Sep 14, 2016 11:33 AM

Jul 2009
Tohka_Yatogami said:
The actions in this episode was so intense. Shirou is so badass!

The tag team between Shirou and Kuro was nice and I liked how they owned Angelica!

You should reallt read the manga starting chapter 23 then...
bruh
Sep 14, 2016 11:46 AM

Jul 2009
Fai said:
Really fucking disappointed.

- The art was not up to par of what should have been. Shirou looked great but the cinematography was just not there and the pacing was way too fast to actually have a good cinematography.
- The pacing was WAY TOO FAST. I thought we might get to Our favorite pink haired yandere appearing as cliffhanger, but it went WAY past that, which meant that most of the episode here felt like an afterthought than the main dish it should have been. While not as bad as ufoubw, this whole episode still felt like on fast-forward. Well I guess mindless whiners who whined Herz was "too slow" got what they wanted now.
- The Emiya rendition was weak as fuck.
- The directing was wonky as fuck. The whole Shirou fight felt really badly directed and VERY rushed - had I not read the manga I would have no idea he used nine lives at the start, for example.
- Gilgamesh-Miyu scenes were VERY trimmed down :/
- Kirei's foreshadowing scene was not used for beginning of episode instead we yet again had a repeat of scene from last ep.

+ Shirou actually had his monologue. This is LITERALLY first in terms of fate adaptations. That alone makes this better than the best of ufoubw episodes, because hwen forced to stuff so much into one episode, Silverlink STILL did not cut that, unlike Ufo, where Shirou monologues were always first priority on cutting block.
+ Sakuralot was great and done justice to.
+ Miyu-Gil voice is perfect.

Tldr: this should have been two maybe three episodes instead of one. Really sad as what this covered SHOULD have been the best part of 3rei. Really makes me feel 3rei adaptation had some production meddling from type moon in order to sabotage it. Anybody watching this should really just watch up to Episode 10 and then finish 3rei with the manga chapters.

Well, I hope the certain people who wanted this season to so badly end on ch 29 will get their wishes. I guess they should be happy now :^)

3/5. A first for Prillya.

Cost me to say that by i agree with Fai -_-
Except Last argument. Whenever you wanted it or not, the end of 3rei Couldnt match with Another chapter than 29. So it was FATE. Nothing else
bruh
Sep 14, 2016 11:51 AM

Jul 2007
they could literally have ended it with Sakuralot. Or had 13 episodes total.
AhenshihaelSep 14, 2016 11:56 AM
Sep 14, 2016 11:54 AM

Jun 2015
Silver Link needs to learn to manage their budget properly. The one episode with all the action, and it all looks like shit. A ton of QUALITY faces, a bunch of really dumb looking cuts in the action scenes, and some really weird looking animations, especially the ones with Shirou running. I mean, I know Hiroyama's art is near-impossible to replicate, but this episode looked nothing like the manga.

Pacing was also fucked. The episode had no time to breathe and it suffered for it. The Nine Lives and the "Do you have enough resolve?" scene had no impact. The Shirou/Kuro/Angelica fight, one of the coolest fights in the manga, was rushed as hell. The Emiya remix was underwhelming. There was so much dialogue without pauses to let things settle in. Just a rushed episode.

Miyu Gil was really nice though. Her voice when possessed by Gil was one of the coolest sounding things ever. Really nailed the regality of the one true king.

KoGil arriving and fucking with Julian was also really nice. Probably the best looking part of the episode. The King deserves nothing less, after all.

Really disappointed in this episode. If they do decide to animate the later portions of 3rei, I really hope they step up the quality.

Sep 14, 2016 11:59 AM
Jul 2016
At this point, I won't trust Silver Link to the flashback arc of this series AT ALL. You got your chance and then you SCREWED UP.
Sep 14, 2016 12:01 PM

Jul 2009
zhaoyun99 said:
At this point, I won't trust Silver Link to the flashback arc of this series AT ALL. You got your chance and then you SCREWED UP.

then who can if they couldnt ? kyoani?
we are screwed
bruh
Sep 14, 2016 12:08 PM

Jun 2015
Manga spoilers

Sep 14, 2016 12:11 PM
Jul 2011
Fai said:
they could literally have ended it with Sakuralot. Or had 13 episodes total.

13 episodes would have been only way to end at that point, with 12 they didn't really have a choice but to go to the point they did.

zhaoyun99 said:

The chance of us getting any more prisma at this point is very close to zero anyway, unfortunately, I really wanted to at least get the cute scenes at Shirou's house.
Sep 14, 2016 12:18 PM

Oct 2008
Fai said:

Not disagreeing with you, but I knew Shirou used Nine Lives without reading the manga. The giant berserker sword is a big hint. But yeah, it had no impact like Sherou said.
Sep 14, 2016 12:32 PM

Jul 2007
zhaoyun99 said:

I still trust SL way more than ufo.

2 messed up episodes(this and Herz finale) versus a whole messed up show.

Either way if Shaft also fails with Fate Extra(or more like Nasu drags it down to death with his new and "exciting" ideas and changes), then Nasuverse adaptations truly are cursed.
AhenshihaelSep 14, 2016 12:45 PM
Sep 14, 2016 12:49 PM

Feb 2012
Sherou said:
Manga spoilers

i think it could work if they did a movie
Sep 14, 2016 1:10 PM
Jul 2016
Fai said:
zhaoyun99 said:

I still trust SL way more than ufo.

2 messed up episodes(this and Herz finale) versus a whole messed up show.

Either way if Shaft also fails with Fate Extra(or more like Nasu drags it down to death with his new and "exciting" ideas and changes), then Nasuverse adaptations truly are cursed.

But the messed up was huge. Especially the supposed baddass cliffhanger, or THIS episode which supposed to leave extreme impact but no smug face Shirou when he confronted Jullian or the part with Miyu interfere vs Sakuralot was supposed to be much longer. This episode supposed to make a different but screwed up big time.
Sep 14, 2016 1:23 PM
Jul 2016
kei78 said:
zhaoyun99 said:

then who can if they couldnt ? kyoani?
we are screwed

To be honest, I want the mangaka to direct the flashback. He knew his work and with a better animation team because this director CLEARLY didn't know how much impact the contents from 23-29.
Sep 14, 2016 1:24 PM

Mar 2012
For me the episode was somewhat enjoyable even with average looking animation but this season proved to me that 2wei was just a lucky accident . Nothing else they've produced after that comes close and some are downright terrible looking (chaos dragon) .The first season wasn’t bad either I guess.
I don’t count herz because it was mostly filler.
Sep 14, 2016 1:43 PM

Apr 2012
The directing and animation felt poor in this episode. I was hoping that Silver Link was saving up to go all out with this episode, considering the action has not been that great thus far, but it seems like that was not the case. I am both surprised and disappointed by this, since I thought the studio did a great job on the action in the previous seasons. Also, the version of Emiya that played lacked any kind of power or intensity behind it.

I did really enjoy hearing Shirou's internal thoughts as he was fighting though. It almost made him seem like the main character for a short while.
quukiiSep 14, 2016 1:49 PM
Sep 14, 2016 1:46 PM
Jul 2011
J1m1s said:
For me the episode was somewhat enjoyable even with average looking animation but this season proved to me that 2wei was just a lucky accident . Nothing else they've produced after that comes close and some are downright terrible looking (chaos dragon) .The first season wasn’t bad either I guess.
I don’t count herz because it was mostly filler.

First season was even better than 2wei, and herz was also decent apart from the last screw up with the ending as well as some of the battle with Gil(it suffered from the same issue as a lot of 3rei, battles unsuited for being animated, too much talking and large scale battles).
Sep 14, 2016 1:52 PM

Aug 2010
EDIT: Looking at the episode again, with some of my initial hype and disappointment affecting my judgment less, i think was a little too harsh on it. Yeah, there were a lot of things this episode that are just plain inferior to its manga counterpart, usually in more aspects than one, but i can't say that the episode as a whole was bad. It's just above average, and i think, with how amazing the source material for it is, i just expected a lot more than just above average.

Words can't describe how disappointed i feel right now. Not a single panel from the manga was done right. Not even a single one. I'm not talking about the art style and how it compares to Hiroyama's. I'm not even talking about the mediocre animation. But the execution of the whole thing, start to finish.
The manga generally rushes some points, but it knew when to stop and focus, but here... Here they just kept rolling with absolutely no regards to the impact some scenes should have had.

I'm pissed off right now and i feel i should take this irritating episode to pieces.

The episode starts on a very positive note. The Nine Lives Blade Works with the "Do you have enough resolve, Hero of Justice!" were done very well. But after that, it's like the entire staff changed after the OP.

As soon as the action started, they omit the bird's eye view of projecting Ig Alima. The scale of the projection was insane in the manga and showed in full what this Shirou is capable of. Here, we get a close up to his face, a shot of his body as he throws something we still can't see, and then we see a part of the sword as it made the path. At this point i thought this is more than understandable. We can't have an entire episode of Sakuga, so skimping bit here and there, as long as they can deliver the rush towards GoB. Boy, was that a rage inducing let down.

First, let me talk about the music that was played here. What the hell is that piece of crap? Not playing EMIYA right off the bat here was a mistake (then again, in hindsight, that wouldn't have mattered much, but i'll get to that later), but this is what you chose to play when freaking Emiya Shirou is dashing towards freaking Gilgamesh? This generic random track i can easily substitute for any track from any generic fighting game? Ruined the whole scene for me.

We get some pretty nice shots of Shirou's circuits, Sword Barrel and his deflections of Angelic's swords, even if the randomly moving 3D camera was unnecessary , but ok. Then we had the chant. i understand why they didn't split that scene like in the manga, as it seemed like it was unnecessarily teasing something we'll figure out in a few seconds anyway, so that scene was done pretty well... if i muted the music.

Then we have Shirou's absolutely smug and badass "Outta my way, you third-rate actor!".

Oh i'm sorry, did i say smug and badass? No no, in the anime he's constipated for some reason.

The thing that made up the mistakes prior for me was the inclusion of Shirou's monologues. That was a step in the right direction, or should i say, a momentary step before turning really fast and running in the opposite direction.

Angelica was an insanely overwhelming opponent in the manga. Each move she displayed was a final move, and Shirou acted accordingly. When Angelica used displacement magic to fire at Shirou from opposite directions making it impossible to dodge or deflect, Shirou knew that it was over. that he was done. He did his best, but his expression showed his despair.

In the anime... well, i can't show you any screenshots of Shirou's face or expression, because there isn't any. We just get a low detail static shot of his back. Intense shit, i know.

I'm not going into how Kuro's entrance and Rin and Luvia's smug smiles were MUCH better from both style and detail (especially when the later wasn't even adapted in the anime), but that would be redundant at this point.

But all of that doesn't matter. There's one static shot that they just have to try to mess up. The insanely badass "Twin swords and twin people" shot.

i mean, they're static shots, they can't possibly fuck it up or make it look lame or anything like th-

I... I honestly don't know what to say. How can you mess that one up? Seriously, how?

Then we have the accelerated gate scene, which looked pretty well. Firing it, however, did not.

Impact shots and expressive reactions? What're those? Do they taste good?

Rho Aias looked alright, and the throwing move in the double Crane Wing liked pretty nice. Also, reusing clips from the OP FTW. Overall, i have to give props for that entire scene. They even kept the smug smile and all. Well done here.

Before we go to the next couple of scenes, you may have realized that EMIYA started playing with Crane Wing. You maybe wondering, why was the most iconic Fate track of all time is being played for such short scene and why does it sound incomparably bad to the one we hd from that same anime before. i have no answer for you. This is just shit directing. No, i'm not gonna mince words here and say that this can be justified by looking at it from a different perspective, because it really couldn't. This is shit directing.
We'll come back later to this point, so for now, let's move on.

Now we have one of the best scenes in the entirety of Prillya being rushed to all hell, performed abysmally by Sakura's VA Shitaya Noriko, presented in absolutely dull camera movement and low detail.
The one i want to focus the most on here is Sakura. For god's sake, she's supposed to be insane, mentally broken yet still completely in control. That's how the entire scene managed to be shocking and emotionally imposing for both Shirou and the audience. Here, Sakura sounds like she's on a picnic. "Senpai, you shouldn't do this. Also, you have some jam on your face." Even her head tilt looked goofy as hell, instead of intimidating.
And finally on this point, you can't omit this panel. You just fucking can't.

Dear god, i'm barely past the half point. I'll try to summarize the rest.

Everything about Gil from Miyu!Gil to Gil's reaction to Erica were all on point. Definitely one of the highlights of the epsiode.

Kuro's determination shot wsa conveyed pretty well IMO.

And finally the Exclibur shot was pretty nice and standard for this type of shots.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, now that i'm done with that, here are my summarized closing thoughts.
The episode was bad. Really bad. The anime in general was usually on par with the manga with some scenes being slighly below it just a touch. But this... this is unprecedented in all the four seasons of Prillya. This is more than 10 notches below. Even without being spoiled by the manga, the pacing, the art, the animation and the worst offender, the directing are all below average here. I can't even say that i hope they fix some things in the blurays. This entire episode should be redone from scratch into two episodes. What we have right now is beyond fixing.
I can't believe this is the same studio that expanded on the Saber Alter and Bazett fights. Who's the new staff and what did they do with the talented people they had? Now i'm not confident in your ability to do the next season one bit. If you can't do a single episode of this, how are you going to do an entire season where most episodes are pretty much this?

I'm really annoyed and disappointed with this episodes. But what's more, i'm disappointed with Silver Link. I set my expectations low because i know that adapting this amount of actions scenes is problematic and will be realistically affected due to budget and time constraints, but i seriously didn't expect directing issues and with this sheer amount.

Goddammit, Silver Link. You were the chosen one and all that.

EDIT: Looking at the episode again, with some of my initial hype and disappointment affecting my judgment less, i think was a little too harsh on it. Yeah, there were a lot of things this episode that are just plain inferior to its manga counterpart, usually in more aspects than one, but i can't say that the episode as a whole was bad. It's just above average, and i think, with how amazing the source material for it is, i just expected a lot more than just above average.
astroprogsSep 14, 2016 8:44 PM
Sep 14, 2016 2:05 PM

Jul 2007
I refuse to believe this episode just happened. There has to have been some sort of executive medlding or SOMETHING to fuck this up. You just don't put up brilliant episodes like previous two or most of this season and then drop this. That does not seem plausible.
Sep 14, 2016 2:10 PM
Jul 2011
Fai said:
I refuse to believe this episode just happened. There has to have been some sort of executive medlding or SOMETHING to fuck this up. You just don't put up brilliant episodes like previous two or most of this season and then drop this. That does not seem plausible.

They needed to have 13 episodes clearly, but weren't given that. Also just feels like they may have been very time constrained this episode, as others pointed out, it's one thing when the animation is subpar, but if you can't even do a still shot right, something is wrong.

Now I'm just hoping they don't screw up last episode. As this is most likely the last we will see of Prisma and with Illya being the character with most screentime in the last episode I really want them to do her justice. One thing is screwing up a scene with side character, an important one but still just a side character. If they screw up the episode focused on the main character in the most likely last episode of the show then that would just be really sad.
Sep 14, 2016 2:25 PM

Aug 2010
Who cares about the next episode. This one is 3rei. This one was supposed to be the highpoint of the entire season, some would even say that it was the highpoint for the enitrety of 3rei so far. If they did their absolute best with the next episode, had unlimited time and poured unlimited budget into its production, it still wouldn't matter.

It'd be like if ufo filled UBW's epilogue with Sakuga shots while outsourcing episode 24 to Toei animations.

Gah, i need to take a step back because this is not helping.
astroprogsSep 14, 2016 2:30 PM
Sep 14, 2016 2:34 PM
Jul 2011
astroprogs said:
Who cares about the next episode. This one is 3rei. This one was supposed to be the highpoint of the entire season, some would even say that it was the highpoint for the enitrety of 3rei so far. If they did their absolute best with the next episode, had unlimited time and and poured unlimited budget into its production, it still wouldn't matter.

It'd be like if ufo filled UBW's epilogue with Sakuga shots while outsourcing episode 24 to Toei animations.

Gah, i need to take a step back because is not helping.

For you, perhaps. For me the most important parts are the ones related to the 3 main girls, as despite the flashback, the show is still called Prisma Illlya and she is still the main character and so if there's anyone that needs their scenes properly animated it's her.

But yeah this is unfortunately just what happens when they try to adapt this much in just 12 episodes. I'm still sad we never got Illya's flying speech in episode 3, or even her introduction to Beatrice in episode 2.
FleckensSep 14, 2016 2:44 PM
Sep 14, 2016 2:44 PM

Jul 2007
Fleckens said:
Fai said:

They needed to have 13 episodes clearly, but weren't given that. Also just feels like they may have been very time constrained this episode, as others pointed out, it's one thing when the animation is subpar, but if you can't even do a still shot right, something is wrong.

Now I'm just hoping they don't screw up last episode. As this is most likely the last we will see of Prisma and with Illya being the character with most screentime in the last episode I really want them to do her justice. One thing is screwing up a scene with side character, an important one but still just a side character. If they screw up the episode focused on the main character in the most likely last episode of the show then that would just be really sad.

It does not matter.

This was supposed to be the highpoint, the pay off of the whole season's build up. THIS was the whole point of the first half of 3rei. What was built up towards. The tipping point everything was leading to. The most awesome moments.

Next episode is important but there's nothing in it that would need budget on the scale this needed.
AhenshihaelSep 14, 2016 2:49 PM
Sep 14, 2016 2:45 PM
Jul 2016
You know what? Call me out on 10 essays or something I will let ufo handle this battle of crater arc. I don't care what you guys said, seeing this MUCH fuckup had let me to this shit. The manga author should direct the anime.
Sep 14, 2016 2:57 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah, I can't help but be disappointed with this episode. This was supposed to be the climax of 3rei. It's a shame because the buildup was very good.

- The animation felt off. It appeared rough and sloppy and didn't match up with the manga well. Really disappointing because we have seen what Silver Link can do such as Archer Illya vs. Saber Alter or a very recent example, Episode 10 of Rakudai. Just what happened?

- Shirou looked kinda derpy compared to the smugness he has in the manga.

- The Emiya remix in this one was really weak. It sounded like a mishmash of random instruments rather than a cohesive ensemble.

- The pacing went light speed. Everything happened way too fast. I know 3rei is limited to 12 episodes, but still...

- There are some good points of this episode like GilgaMiyu, Gil, and Excalibur, but the bad greatly outweighed the good.
Sep 14, 2016 2:57 PM

Apr 2010
Judging by the end of this episode we will probably have another season of this.
Not sure how they will cover this otherwise.
In any case the episode was nice and we saw a few old characters appear.
Sep 14, 2016 3:03 PM

Oct 2008
Forget the manga, the animation quality in this episode is just abysmal. What happened?

I'm getting flashbacks from one of the other Fate animes.
Sep 14, 2016 3:08 PM

Jul 2007
zhaoyun99 said:
You know what? Call me out on 10 essays or something I will let ufo handle this battle of crater arc.

It would be the same as this episode but with even worse pacing and with most of bad animation covered up by explosion sfx. Oh and Shirou's monologue would be removed.
Sep 14, 2016 3:09 PM
Oct 2011
Aversa said:
Judging by the end of this episode we will probably have another season of this.
Not sure how they will cover this otherwise.
In any case the episode was nice and we saw a few old characters appear.

Judging form the next episode additional title ("conclusion") we will probably have no more prisma ilya after this season. They will go with an anime original ending.
Sep 14, 2016 3:17 PM
Oct 2011
Fai said:
zhaoyun99 said:
You know what? Call me out on 10 essays or something I will let ufo handle this battle of crater arc.

It would be the same as this episode but with even worse pacing and with most of bad animation covered up by explosion sfx. Oh and Shirou's monologue would be removed.

Yeah, sure.
UBW:

Prisma:

It's the same, allright.
Sep 14, 2016 3:21 PM

Aug 2009
Fai said:
zhaoyun99 said:

All those memes...

Funny because all of his fights in s2 have monologues or something conveying what he thinks+ excellent animation +good pacing.

But please do continue with your biased salty repetitive rants.
Sep 14, 2016 3:24 PM
Aug 2013
I think someone is being too harsh, now, don't take me wrong, i also thought that the the episode was messed up if compared to the manga but, i don't think all the problems are from Silver Link, i mean, they did a really good job in the other episodes and they animated it almost page to page from the manga so why make all these changes now? I think they had some serious production/time issues which maybe was inevitable for them, i was thinking there are certain scenes where it seems like something is missing like a part of the scene itself is missing, especially in the first part of the episode, a studio which made justice to drei till now wouldn't fuck up the anime at this point just for the sake of it.

BDs could fix a lot of these problems though it doesn't always happen, it's a possibility and overall the episode wasn't "that" bad, it was kinda fine, i personally liked the music though i would have preferred a better Emiya.mp3 remix, maybe one with more impact and the 2nd part of the episode was actaully good.
Sep 14, 2016 3:34 PM

Sep 2015
why a lot ppl don't like this animation that much? still better than qualidea code

might as well change to manga after this never check manga

if studio change just for this fight
but then what will happen to fanservice part

this ep feel like fate/stay alternative fight each other
Into the Internet!
Sep 14, 2016 3:39 PM
Aug 2013
ListAandM said:
why a lot ppl don't like this animation that much? still better than qualidea code

might as well change to manga after this never check manga

if studio change just for this fight
but then what will happen to fanservice part

this ep feel like fate/stay alternative fight each other

Since the animation is actually not good, especially if you compare it to manga's art which is glorious, and this fight was probably the most hyped so it's only normal if some people are pissed off.
also prisma ilya as it was before is literally almost dead, 3rei is much darker, on par with fsn itself if not better
Sep 14, 2016 3:39 PM
Oct 2011
yrlek said:
I think someone is being too harsh, now, don't take me wrong, i also thought that the the episode was messed up if compared to the manga but, i don't think all the problems are from Silver Link, i mean, they did a really good job in the other episodes and they animated it almost page to page from the manga so why make all these changes now? I

Yeah, no.

The truth is that Silver Link had problems with action scenes at least from the Darius introduction. All the action scenes had almost no movement, poor choreography, terrible art ('im so sorry for you, Angelica's face), and the whole adapatation was plagued by awful backgrounds and by a music really, really mediocre (I don't know how people could expect a good Emiya rendition after 10 episodes of this dull OST).
YggdrasilTMSep 14, 2016 3:43 PM
Sep 14, 2016 3:51 PM

Oct 2008
Is this the same studio that animated the first season?

Sep 14, 2016 3:58 PM

Jun 2015
ShinsoPriest said:

I'd almost forgotten how good that looked. And how much better of an Emiya remix the original was.
How did SL screw up this badly?

Sep 14, 2016 4:04 PM
Jul 2016
YggdrasilTM said:
yrlek said:
I think someone is being too harsh, now, don't take me wrong, i also thought that the the episode was messed up if compared to the manga but, i don't think all the problems are from Silver Link, i mean, they did a really good job in the other episodes and they animated it almost page to page from the manga so why make all these changes now? I

Yeah, no.

The truth is that Silver Link had problems with action scenes at least from the Darius introduction. All the action scenes had almost no movement, poor choreography, terrible art ('im so sorry for you, Angelica's face), and the whole adapatation was plagued by awful backgrounds and by a music really, really mediocre (I don't know how people could expect a good Emiya rendition after 10 episodes of this dull OST).

Yeah, dude. Show him more. I was letting those screw up slip by if they did the Shirou's part justice but NOPE.

Fai, see how disastrous when you put your faint in SL? Also, except for the UBW vs Kalied shirou fight comparison, we point more screwup in the last episode that you claimed to be perfect. Want we show you more?
Sep 14, 2016 4:10 PM

Apr 2012
ShinsoPriest said:

I went to watch this exact video after watching this episode just to make sure I wasn't just imagining that there was a drop in quality in the fight scenes between the earlier parts of Prisma Illya and this season.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Jul 20, 2016

128 by GavrocheN7 »»
Apr 6, 2:48 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 17, 2016

68 by The_Void_State_ »»
Mar 9, 12:26 PM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 7, 2016

101 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:26 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 31, 2016

104 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 11:22 AM

Poll: » Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 10, 2016

85 by Karva1 »»
Feb 22, 10:12 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.