Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 13, 2016 10:15 PM

Jun 2016
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------

- Oji uses Hound and damages Yuma's leg.
- Oki vs. Yuma happens. Yuma with Chika's assistance takes down Oki.
- Ikoma is already ready with Senku. Yuma uses Grasshopper, but Ikoma predicts that movement. Yuma is cleaved in half.
- Chika voluntary bail out.

Final Score:

T-2: 4 points (WINNER)
Ikoma: 3 points (1 kill point + 2 survival points)
Oji: 3 points

Scene switches to Hyuse.
HyreinVeltistonSep 13, 2016 10:28 PM
Sep 14, 2016 12:24 AM
Sep 2016
hmmm so t2 wins, nice but too bad for yuma
Sep 14, 2016 1:14 AM
Oct 2015
Wow. I didn't realize how much I wanted a Yuma bail out until it happened. I'm glad it happened though. Yuma has been barely saving the past few matches. And each one was avoiding death by a hairs breath. Knowing that a character like Yuma is hardcore but not omnipotent is great for later character development.

Its kind of hard to tell from the spoiler but does anyone know if Osamu communicates in any way with his team?
Sep 14, 2016 1:34 AM

May 2016

Osamu can communicate through the Operator.
Sep 14, 2016 2:09 AM
Jan 2012
So chika did voluntarily bail out after all, I'm glad I finally accurately predicted something (albeit not so hard to do). I didn't think Yuma would have the leisure to kill Oki though, I wonder how that happened. Now I'm rather interested about what's going to happen with Hyuse.

Btw, Ikoma surviving brings him 2 points? I thought it was 1 point per person.
Sep 14, 2016 2:36 AM
Feb 2016
Ero-sommelier said:
So chika did voluntarily bail out after all, I'm glad I finally accurately predicted something (albeit not so hard to do). I didn't think Yuma would have the leisure to kill Oki though, I wonder how that happened.
basing from the images and google translation, Osamu told Chika to point her sniper rifle at Oki while activating her shield in front for protection. This tactic will distract Oki from Yuma whom Osamu also shared his plan (my assumption). While Oki is distracted, Yuma change focus from Ikoma to Oki.
Sep 14, 2016 2:50 AM

Jun 2016
Prior to this round, the standings were as follows-

Nino - 34
Kage - 31
Ikoma - 27
T-2 - 26
Oji - 25
Azuma - 25
<7th position>

This round, T-2, Ikoma and Oji had a battle. I believe the other match in the top bracket was a 4 way between Nino, Kage, Azuma and the 7th position team (Probably Suzunari-1). The 4 way is very similar to T-2's Round-4 Except T-2 has been replaced by Suzunari-1 (Even the teams are similar. One OP ace (Murakami and Kuga) One weak guy (Kuruma and Osamu) and one sniper (Taichi and Chika)) So it's my hunch that none of the teams scored really well (Let's just assume 3-2-2-1(the same as Round-4) for this prediction)

Therefore score table after this round-

Nino - 37 (?)
Kage - 33 (?)
Ikoma - 30
T-2 - 30
Oji - 28
Azuma - 27 (?)
<7th position>

(?) - These points are guesses/prediction.

@Ero-sommelier Yes. Regardless of the number of survivors you get 2 points. It is explained in Chapter 86, if you wanna look it up. But if agents from more than one team survive, then no one gets survival points.
Sep 14, 2016 3:10 AM

Feb 2016
Perhaps when Asihara was scribbling and sketching this chapter, he wasn't thinking throw. Just look at the panel where Yuma got sliced in half! I thought Oki sniped Yuma's Right hand at chapter 156 and look at that panel, the Right hand was intact just before Ikoma's senku attack???
Sep 14, 2016 3:47 AM
Feb 2015
Comments:
- Ouji had hidden numerous hound bullets under the rubble for use against Yuuma. Too bad for him that Yuuma got him first. He ended up releasing the bullets as the last desperate attacks, but only managing to hit Yuuma's legs. Very good tactic though.
- Oki continues to pepper Chika, but with Osamu's order, Chika went out of hiding and went for mutual hurt (because both sides are not willing to kill each other to begin with). Chika lodged lead bullet on Oki's shoulder, while it seems that Oki hit her knee (unclear, because from the pic, Oki shouldn't have a shot for Chika's knee).
- Dat Ryotsu unibrow. Perhaps all jump chapters have unibrow out of respect for Kochikame's final chapter.
- Yuuma gave up on Ikoma and went to kill Oki. But as we all know, killing Ikoma's teammate was usually rewarded with senkuu, so Ikoma killed Yuuma despite Yuuma's effort to evade. It seems that Ikoma is getting used to Yuuma's movement.
- Chika self-BO, ending the match with T-2:Ikoma:Ouji at 4:3:3. I'm surprised that this precisely match my prediction before the match started.
- T-2 is in celebration mode. Ouji team feels defeated. Ikoma team didn't care much, as expected. They were joking around as Ikoma wondered if it's possible that the last point is worth 3 points (so they can get 5 points total and win the match). I also like that both Oki and Mizukami performed tsukkomi when they got killed (Mizukami in the last chapter, Oki in this chapter).
- Touma gave a lot of good points despite being billed as one of the idiot trio earlier, LOL. Basically he's saying everything that the readers have observed. Ouji team created the battle flow, T-2 screwed it up, while Ikoma team was moving at their own leisure pace as usual.
- Ouji team had a good strategy to crush the wire zone, but T-2 performed above everyone's expectation. Touma also said that T-2 was very lucky that Ikoma team was fighting at their own pace. If Ikoma team had a strategy going in, most likely they would target T-2 as well as every team should, because A ranked Yuuma + wire = profit.
- I think this is the first time we see reference in the manga to A-rank for master class combatant.
- The conclusion of the commentary is as expected that T-2 needed another frontliner because there's a limit to strategy if the team was still dependent on Yuuma. T-2 should expect that every match in the future start with the race to crush T-2 before wire zone was establised because it's just much easier than crushing T-2 after the wire zone was established. This means that Yuuma would be stuck body guarding his weaker teammates. And if T-2's luck during the random transfer at match start is poor, then Yuuma wouldn't be able to protect both. (honestly, this is nothing to worry about, because so far T-2 has really good luck thanks to their MC status)
- I find that T-2 weakness can be applied to Ouji team as well. They came in with a good plan, but didn't manage to execute it well because the only good solo fighter was Ouji. Perhaps this was why Ouji team tended to fight in packs, because the other two couldn't be left alone yet with their current skill.
Sep 14, 2016 4:27 AM
Jan 2012
HyreinVeltiston said:
Prior to this round, the standings were as follows-

Nino - 34
Kage - 31
Ikoma - 27
T-2 - 26
Oji - 25
Azuma - 25
<7th position>

This round, T-2, Ikoma and Oji had a battle. I believe the other match in the top bracket was a 4 way between Nino, Kage, Azuma and the 7th position team (Probably Suzunari-1). The 4 way is very similar to T-2's Round-4 Except T-2 has been replaced by Suzunari-1 (Even the teams are similar. One OP ace (Murakami and Kuga) One weak guy (Kuruma and Osamu) and one sniper (Taichi and Chika)) So it's my hunch that none of the teams scored really well (Let's just assume 3-2-2-1(the same as Round-4) for this prediction)

Therefore score table after this round-

Nino - 37 (?)
Kage - 33 (?)
Ikoma - 30
T-2 - 30
Oji - 28
Azuma - 27 (?)
<7th position>

(?) - These points are guesses/prediction.

@Ero-sommelier Yes. Regardless of the number of survivors you get 2 points. It is explained in Chapter 86, if you wanna look it up. But if agents from more than one team survive, then no one gets survival points.

Well, back in chapter 86 it said "2 points for surviving", it didn't say how they were counted, at least not in the version I read. And since all other matches had 2 people surviving I just assumed. But thank's for the info
Sep 14, 2016 5:46 AM
Jul 2015
This is an important win for T2, it has reduced the gap between them and the top 3 teams and also the fact that they were able to maintain a stable position in the top B ranks making it clear they are here to stay, Now T2 will be the most sort after team like Touma said because they are the storm that has come to destroy the regular order in Border by probably being the 1st rookie team to rise so fast to the top. There would also be a one week break before Rounds 7&8 (which are basically the Semi-Finals and Finals matches of the B rank wars so exciting), thus giving Hyuse enough time to climb to B rank and also enough time for T2 to train in sync with their new member. I'm sure they are going to come out a lot stronger in the next Rank Battles the Storm Jin talked about has started. I also think after the rank wars T2 would work with their Neighbor Engineer Cronnel on new triggers specific to their trion nature wouldn't it be nice if Chika used arrows they would have OP piercing power and I just have this feeling Osama would create a new trigger with the help of Cronnel that would be exciting.
Fily_Sep 14, 2016 5:52 AM
Sep 14, 2016 6:22 AM

Mar 2014
It sounds like Yuma was out read by both his opponents, but he was lucky Ikoma screwed up Oji's trap.

Anyway I'm happy Yuma lost. It shows he has more to work towards as well as the rest of his team.
Sep 14, 2016 7:02 AM
Jan 2012
Dues-aj said:
It sounds like Yuma was out read by both his opponents, but he was lucky Ikoma screwed up Oji's trap.

Anyway I'm happy Yuma lost. It shows he has more to work towards as well as the rest of his team.

Need to see the chapter to be sure, but it looks more like Oji used Ikoma's attacks to set a trap, and not that Ikoma's attacks foiled it. He knew those attacks were coming, last chapter.
Sep 14, 2016 7:08 AM
Sep 2015
Uhm, it is a reasonable ending. I don't like some ending like Fairy Tail when main char got power from nowhere and destroy the enemy.
It show the weakness of T-2 when only Yuma is able to match with the enemy while Osamu is far from strong and Chika can't shoot people. It mean if the Osamu BO early before finish his work, or Chika BO then no one can control the wire zone and when Yuma is BO, the rest can't score the point. It make Hyuse is important to fill the hole they need. With one week break, Hyuse may join the team and we can see how strong T-2 really is.
BUT before that, let see how Hyuse reach B rank and we may have a second defend mission.
Sep 14, 2016 10:23 AM
Apr 2016
Makes sense that Yuma would go for Oki. He has a speed advantage over Ikoma thanks to Grasshopper. That gives him time to retreat, take out the sniper, and then it's 2v1, him and Chika vs Ikoma, which can help give him the advantage.

But as expected, Ikoma performed well in the end and nabbed 2 points against Yuma. That Ikoma Senku is definitely something to be watchful for. I think the primary counter is to stay up close and personal so that it's no more useful than any other slash attack you may make with kogetsu.

T-2 squeaks out the win, but not without some trouble. I do like all the foreshadowing though, for T-2 to need "something else" to help them stabilize their team and formation. I'm sure everyone will act super surprised when Hyuse joins the squad for their next match up.

Overall though, good chapter, quick, but great.
Sep 14, 2016 11:05 AM

May 2015
Uma_double12 said:
Perhaps when Asihara was scribbling and sketching this chapter, he wasn't thinking throw. Just look at the panel where Yuma got sliced in half! I thought Oki sniped Yuma's Right hand at chapter 156 and look at that panel, the Right hand was intact just before Ikoma's senku attack???

It wasn't his hand, it's the part somewhere around the elbow.
Sep 14, 2016 11:19 AM
Jul 2011
[quote=Gaikoz message=47765005]
Uma_double12 said:

I'd have to go back to check, but I think it's around the lower arm/wrist/hand area. If you take a closer look you can see that it's missing; Yuuma has Scorpion protruding out of his elbow to act like his hand.
Sep 14, 2016 12:26 PM

Feb 2016
[quote=LeiteDestiny]
Gaikoz said:
Uma_double12 said:
Perhaps when Asihara was scribhhbling and sketching this chapter, he wasn't thinking throw. Just look at the panel where Yuma got sliced in half! I thought Oki sniped Yuma's Right hand at chapter 156 and look at that panel, the Right hand was intact just before Ikoma's senku attack???

I'd have to go back to check, but I think it's around the lower arm/wrist/hand area. If you take a closer look you can see that it's missing; Yuuma has Scorpion protruding out of his elbow to act like his hand.

My bad, it was ragged sleeve and I mistook it as fingers.

Anyway, translation at pastebin
http://pastebin.com/XCCb6k9y
Sep 14, 2016 2:18 PM

Nov 2013
Ero-sommelier said:
Well, back in chapter 86 it said "2 points for surviving", it didn't say how they were counted, at least not in the version I read. And since all other matches had 2 people surviving I just assumed. But thank's for the info
Round 5 ended with only Yuma left standing and they got 2 points for survival.
Sep 14, 2016 8:14 PM
Sep 2016
i hope hyuse dont make much attention, so the other upper brank teams will suprise again
, but might not happen , hyuse always look serious and cool.
i cant think of him acting like a fool to fool others
Sep 14, 2016 11:58 PM

Sep 2013
i hope it doesn't take too many chapter to see Hyuse T2 debut
"... Now you're looking for the secret... but you won't find it, because of course you're not really looking. You don't really want to know. You want to be fooled."
Sep 15, 2016 12:40 AM

Jun 2016

Kuga picked up two things from Kageura lol.
Sep 15, 2016 2:56 AM
Oct 2015
Kanijo said:

I know that. That's why I was asking if he gave any orders during this chapter. Already got my answer through reading the chapter though...

And now that I've read the chapter in its entirety I have two comments.
-I'm surprised that no one has commented on Ikoma's perfection. He ended the match with another glorious and stoic pose while facing the readers.
-The more I see Ikoma the more I think of him as a cliche doting father from an anime. XD Always joking around and acting stupid but when his teammates gets hurt he immediately retaliates in kind.

Yes, both my comments are about Ikoma. He has become a personal favorite rivaling Nasu.
Sep 15, 2016 5:02 AM

Feb 2016
Wow! Hyuse is already at the Ranks war lobby, he is there for a kill. It would be funny, the first person he rekts is Satome- the leader of New Idiot Trio!
Sep 15, 2016 5:28 AM

Mar 2008
Sep 15, 2016 8:51 AM
Feb 2015
I finally saw the pics. 2 observations:
1. The dodge that Ikoma predicted. My guess is that Yuuma timed that jump right when Ikoma activated his senkuu. In his earlier shot, Ikoma aimed at Yuuma's position, and thus missing him. In this shot, Ikoma aimed higher because he predicted Yuuma will dodge up (Yuuma can only dodge up or down anyway. Dodging right or left is no good due to Ikoma senkuu's ridiculous width.)

2. Oki's missing Chika vital points, her head and heart, both are bigger targets than her leg. I'm also curious why he didn't use lighting rapid fire function that he had been spamming earlier, especially that we know the two bullets would arrive almost in tandem with one another. Either (1) he sucked at shooting and missed, or (2) he pinpointed her leg to immobilize her on purpose because he can't kill her, or (3) Oki was worried that Chika will manage to put her shield back up (as it turns out she didn't) before his lightning hit and chose to aim lower, or (4) Chika has done some serious squats exercise and can move from crouching/kneeling position to standing up position faster than bullets.

I think (1) is out, but if this is the case, we should be able to see him being a low scorer in the next joint sniper practice. (3) might be the case, but if Oki is one of the top sniper, then there's no way he doesn't know how fast his lightning will hit vs. the time it takes for average agents to switch triggers (I assume Chika has average trigger switching speed, because the only person with remarkable switching speed is Katori). I think (4) is out. Right now, I'm still betting on (2), but (3) is possible. I think the answer will show itself anyway in the next joint sniper training. I'm curious on how Oki performs compared to the other snipers. The next joint practice is interesting as well because all of the top snipers from teams that were out scouting should be back unless they are all skipping the practice.

deadmanwalking13 said:

-I'm surprised that no one has commented on Ikoma's perfection. He ended the match with another glorious and stoic pose while facing the readers.

Amazing observation! Ikoma is awesome. He really needs to be in the expedition. Imagine him detecting all of the neighbors security cameras with his "skill" XD
p-kunSep 15, 2016 8:55 AM
Sep 15, 2016 9:07 AM

Mar 2014
deadmanwalking13 said:
Kanijo said:

I know that. That's why I was asking if he gave any orders during this chapter. Already got my answer through reading the chapter though...

And now that I've read the chapter in its entirety I have two comments.
-The more I see Ikoma the more I think of him as a cliche doting father from an anime. XD Always joking around and acting stupid but when his teammates gets hurt he immediately retaliates in kind.

Yes, both my comments are about Ikoma. He has become a personal favorite rivaling Nasu.

I saw the chapter just recently. Ikoma is fantastic. I don't see how anyone can walk away mad that he beat Yuma since he is such a joy.
Sep 15, 2016 1:01 PM
May 2016
p-kun said:

2. Oki's missing Chika vital points, her head and heart, both are bigger targets than her leg. I'm also curious why he didn't use lighting rapid fire function that he had been spamming earlier, especially that we know the two bullets would arrive almost in tandem with one another. Either (1) he sucked at shooting and missed, or (2) he pinpointed her leg to immobilize her on purpose because he can't kill her, or (3) Oki was worried that Chika will manage to put her shield back up (as it turns out she didn't) before his lightning hit and chose to aim lower, or (4) Chika has done some serious squats exercise and can move from crouching/kneeling position to standing up position faster than bullets.

I'm wondering… on the panel where Oki looks at his gun monitor, is it Chika's shield protecting her ?
If so, perhaps she used that trick (under Osamu's advice) to shake Oki, enough to fire first, get away & evade the critical shot.

The Scorpion-twin blade that Yûma copied from Kage has its flaws. As Yûma has to wait enough to disrupt the trion organ, he is unable to shield himself against a counter.
The finishing move sure is a flashy one, but probably that it would be wiser to use only one blade, and
keep a shielding possibility.

I was also quite disappointed with Chika's passive attitude after dodging Oki's shot. She could have taken a shot on Ikoma to prevent him from releasing his Senkû on Yûma.
Sep 15, 2016 1:58 PM

Mar 2014
Bandibulle said:

I was also quite disappointed with Chika's passive attitude after dodging Oki's shot. She could have taken a shot on Ikoma to prevent him from releasing his Senkû on Yûma.

Well Ikoma's retaliation was right after Oki was defeated and we don't know what angle she had on Ikoma's position. Chika probably didn't have the time to get in position before Yuma was defeated.
Sep 15, 2016 3:40 PM
Apr 2016
Dues-aj said:
Bandibulle said:

Well Ikoma's retaliation was right after Oki was defeated and we don't know what angle she had on Ikoma's position. Chika probably didn't have the time to get in position before Yuma was defeated.

It also looked like she was falling as part of losing most of her leg. It's hard to say exactly what happened in both situations, but as p-kun says, the next sniper training should have some more details.

I'm excited to see T-2 talk to Ikoma and Oji squads in person. it'd be awesome to see Ikoma become friends with T-2, just so we can get more of their carefree antics.
Sep 15, 2016 8:50 PM

Sep 2013
T-2 wins by 1 point, they got lucky that Ikoma unit is chill or they would have been ganged up on.
Hyuse next ch.
Sep 16, 2016 2:03 AM
Oct 2015
Caeless said:
Dues-aj said:

It also looked like she was falling as part of losing most of her leg. It's hard to say exactly what happened in both situations, but as p-kun says, the next sniper training should have some more details.

I'm excited to see T-2 talk to Ikoma and Oji squads in person. it'd be awesome to see Ikoma become friends with T-2, just so we can get more of their carefree antics.

Is it noted somewhere that they'll be interacting immediately after this match? I know it happens occasionally but not all the time.

and personally I'd rather see ouji and osamu become friends. two thorough planners forming a think tank. what random power ups can they think of next?
Sep 16, 2016 6:30 AM
Feb 2015
deadmanwalking13 said:

Is it noted somewhere that they'll be interacting immediately after this match? I know it happens occasionally but not all the time.

and personally I'd rather see ouji and osamu become friends. two thorough planners forming a think tank. what random power ups can they think of next?

IIRC Osamu never interacts with enemy teams post match. Yuuma however, keeps on making friends with the aces of enemy teams, except for round 5 opponents. So it's more likely to see Yuuma hanging out with Ikoma than Osamu with Ouji.
Sep 16, 2016 9:42 AM

Feb 2015
No one said it yet?

I'M HYPED TO KNOW WHAT WEAPON HYUSE USE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!
Sep 17, 2016 8:14 AM

Feb 2016
I wonder who among Miwa unit is going to be a commentator along with a B rank agent in T-2's next match? Could it be Narasaka or it could be Shohei perhaps.

Hyuse is sure to surprise everyone in R-7!!
Sep 17, 2016 8:23 AM

Nov 2013
Uma_double12 said:
I wonder who among Miwa unit is going to be a commentator along with a B rank agent in T-2's next match? Could it be Narasaka or it could be Shohei perhaps.

From what we've seen so far only A-Rank or former A-Rank members do the commentary.
Sakurako is an exception since she came up with the play-by-play and commentary system.

Would be nice if we get Ninomiya to commentate R7 and then fight T-2 in R8, now that I think about it.
Sep 17, 2016 6:30 PM
Oct 2015
Botato said:
Uma_double12 said:

From what we've seen so far only A-Rank or former A-Rank members do the commentary.
Sakurako is an exception since she came up with the play-by-play and commentary system.

Would be nice if we get Ninomiya to commentate R7 and then fight T-2 in R8, now that I think about it.

*cough cough* kitazoe and osamu arent A-rank.

p-kun said:
deadmanwalking13 said:

IIRC Osamu never interacts with enemy teams post match. Yuuma however, keeps on making friends with the aces of enemy teams, except for round 5 opponents. So it's more likely to see Yuuma hanging out with Ikoma than Osamu with Ouji.

I know TT_TT Really It's just a shot in the dark, something I think would be fun, but who here doesn't want our dear MC to be a little more sociable? Yuma already has enough sparring partners... Also I think the encounters with the other teams may be due to the layout of the team rooms. If all the lower b-rank teams have rooms in the same area than it makes sense that T-2 would come across them more often as they leave the match. Yuma pretty much goes out of his way to talk to the higher ranking guys.
Sep 17, 2016 6:37 PM

Nov 2013
deadmanwalking13 said:
Botato said:

Kitazoe is former A-Rank, as I said <.<
Same for Azuma, while we're at it.

I forgot about Osamu but now that you mention it his was a special case as well.
Sep 17, 2016 8:41 PM
Oct 2015
Botato said:
deadmanwalking13 said:

I forgot about Osamu but now that you mention it his was a special case as well.

whoops. didnt know about zoe being a former a-rank :P but yeah osamu didnt do much commenting anyway XD
Sep 18, 2016 9:44 AM
Feb 2015
deadmanwalking13 said:

I know TT_TT Really It's just a shot in the dark, something I think would be fun, but who here doesn't want our dear MC to be a little more sociable? Yuma already has enough sparring partners... Also I think the encounters with the other teams may be due to the layout of the team rooms. If all the lower b-rank teams have rooms in the same area than it makes sense that T-2 would come across them more often as they leave the match. Yuma pretty much goes out of his way to talk to the higher ranking guys.

Yuuma hangs around the sparring area a lot and he does a lot of solo battles. That's where you meet people and how you make friends in Border. I don't think team room positions matter.

Osamu, on the other hand, was not comfortable with making friends or doing solo battles to the point no one in Border remembered him until Yuuma came to kick the plot. Perhaps the reason why he was so obsessive about his home mentor was because he was friendless and Rinji was his first friend. A lot of shounen MCs have motivations that are easily relatable, like saving family or friend or lover. Our MC on the other hand, his motivation for joining Border was to find and prove to the home tutor (that was paid to help him cram for highschool exam) that he was not weak. It's quite ... unique.
Sep 18, 2016 11:26 AM

Mar 2014
p-kun said:

Osamu, on the other hand, was not comfortable with making friends or doing solo battles to the point no one in Border remembered him until Yuuma came to kick the plot. Perhaps the reason why he was so obsessive about his home mentor was because he was friendless and Rinji was his first friend. A lot of shounen MCs have motivations that are easily relatable, like saving family or friend or lover. Our MC on the other hand, his motivation for joining Border was to find and prove to the home tutor (that was paid to help him cram for highschool exam) that he was not weak. It's quite ... unique.

I think his motivation is more on the line in that he wants to be a hero or more so that he wants to play an active part in making a difference.
Sep 18, 2016 8:59 PM
Aug 2012
Osamu doesn't really look friendless in School does he? He is rather introverted and NOT a attention-seeking person. Those who know him are all fond of him even Kitora with her tsundere tendencies, Kikuchihara the loner or Yuiga and idiot.

Osamu's motivation for joining Border was to keep his promise to Rinji about taking care of his sister and actually play an active role instead of running away or putting the responsibility on someone just because he is weak. Since he knows that if he runs away once he will continue doing it which is a pretty realistic assessment as people do it all the time.

You don't need a grand goal like protecting the world to be someone. Several people are in border for cheap fame, petty revenge or just to have fun. Compared to that Osamu currently has a much better goal and much better motivation. If it wasn't clear to someone it's to help Yuuma and Chika reunite with their family and not by leaving the responsibility to someone else.

Oh one last thing, Rinji was paid to be a home tutor but not to become Osamu's friend. He did that on his own and trusted him enough to talk about his own circumstances. So he would obviously be a special person for Osamu not just because Osamu was friendless but because Rinji was a close friend/mentor or whatever you would like to call it.
Dragon_Slayer_XSep 18, 2016 9:02 PM

Sep 19, 2016 6:40 PM
Sep 2016
deadmanwalking13 said:
Botato said:

whoops. didnt know about zoe being a former a-rank :P but yeah osamu didnt do much commenting anyway XD

what chapter osamu did the commenting? i dont remember
Sep 20, 2016 5:43 AM

Nov 2013
teesprantum said:
deadmanwalking13 said:

First round, when he couldn't participate due to his injuries.
Sep 20, 2016 7:58 AM
Sep 2016
Botato said:
teesprantum said:

First round, when he couldn't participate due to his injuries.

ok thank you for reminding me, i thought he just watch the match cause he coudn't participate, i didn't hit me that he is commentator on that match haha..

back to hyuse, how about shun vs hyuse ?? shun might test hyuse if he knows that T2 accept new member. since tamakoma only accept talented individual
Sep 20, 2016 8:04 AM

Nov 2013
teesprantum said:
back to hyuse, how about shun vs hyuse ?? shun might test hyuse if he knows that T2 accept new member. since tamakoma only accept talented individual
That wouldn't really help him when he's still C-Rank, he needs points to get to B-Rank so he can use combat Triggers then he can think about challenging official agents.
Sep 20, 2016 8:13 AM
Feb 2015
Botato said:
teesprantum said:
That wouldn't really help him when he's still C-Rank, he needs points to get to B-Rank so he can use combat Triggers then he can think about challenging official agents.

If A/B rankers can challenge C-rankers, then Yuuma, Osamu, and Chika should just challenge Hyuse and lose on purpose. They have buffer zone of 3000 points before getting demoted to C-ranks anyway (based on BBF Q&A) so they have 4000+ points total to donate to Hyuse. Why bother waiting for other A-rankers to challenge Hyuse?
Sep 20, 2016 8:30 AM
Sep 2016
p-kun said:
Botato said:

If A/B rankers can challenge C-rankers, then Yuuma, Osamu, and Chika should just challenge Hyuse and lose on purpose. They have buffer zone of 3000 points before getting demoted to C-ranks anyway (based on BBF Q&A) so they have 4000+ points total to donate to Hyuse. Why bother waiting for other A-rankers to challenge Hyuse?

ohh sorry , i mean shun challenge hyuse for him to see if he is really good for tamakoma not for hyuse to rank up. and also forgot c rank have only training trigger.
Sep 20, 2016 8:41 AM

Nov 2013
p-kun said:
Botato said:

I know, I'm just saying that a battle with an official agent right now won't be interesting because it won't be fair at all.
Yuma's match with Midorikawa was a different story because Midorikawa himself refused to use things other than Scorpion.

Edit: I did see people on /a/ saying he'd be stomping A rankers for points, but couldn't correct them because the thread was already archived <.<
Apparently C-Rankers will be too scared to fight Hyuse, but they forget C-Rankers don't get to see who their opponent is before they start the match, they only see their points and main Trigger. It doesn't seem like they can refuse the match either, since the three idiots kept losing to Yuma when they could just quit after the first one or two losses.

teesprantum said:
ohh sorry , i mean shun challenge hyuse for him to see if he is really good for tamakoma not for hyuse to rank up. and also forgot c rank have only training trigger.
I don't think he'd care. The only reason he challenged Osamu was because he got jealous, not because he was interested in his abilities or anything like that.

That said do we even know if Midorikawa will be free this time? His squad should already be in Mikado city by now so he might have to be with them for a while.
BotatoSep 20, 2016 8:44 AM

More topics from this board

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 242 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

2 by LeviathanTheEsp »»
May 2, 9:56 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 241 Discussion

anime-prime - May 1

0 by anime-prime »»
May 1, 8:17 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 239 Discussion

MegamiRem - Feb 1

14 by StregAnna77 »»
Mar 26, 8:54 AM

Poll: » World Trigger Chapter 240 Discussion

anime-prime - Mar 3

2 by ReaperCreeper »»
Mar 6, 3:54 PM

» Despair

Magical_Bananana - Feb 1

7 by Magical_Bananana »»
Feb 8, 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.