Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 11, 2016 1:25 AM
Aug 2015
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
what a great series! i really liked this one!. im totaly in to gundamn now after have watch this series and the original off this and mobile suit gundam iron blooded orphans.

now can anyone recomend an ather gundam series to me iknow there is a lot, but would like something like this other to and not to old either.
Sep 11, 2016 5:23 AM
Sep 2016
Gundam Wing and 00 Gundam are also good. Gundam Wing is excellent if you liked this version of the Gundam universe. 00 Gundam is for a newer generation of Gundam fans so the animation is more generic, but it's still a good story about artificially created humans vs normal humans.

EDIT: Keep in mind Gundam Wing and the USC Gundam are not in the same universe so if my above post reads like they are, I was merely noting the similarities between the two series.
Sep 11, 2016 11:33 AM

Dec 2011
In my opinion, Seed is really good.
Seed Destiny less good because Shinn but when Kira is back, it's not bad

Well, you should try to make yourself an opinion :D
Sep 12, 2016 1:56 AM

Mar 2012
This is just a recap of the OVA and it doesn't have any original animated scenes?
What a letdown.
Do you play Azure Lane?
Then please join my fanclub
https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=74907
Sep 12, 2016 5:05 AM
Aug 2015
Beezus_Hrist said:
Gundam Wing and 00 Gundam are also good. Gundam Wing is excellent if you liked this version of the Gundam universe. 00 Gundam is for a newer generation of Gundam fans so the animation is more generic, but it's still a good story about artificially created humans vs normal humans.

EDIT: Keep in mind Gundam Wing and the USC Gundam are not in the same universe so if my above post reads like they are, I was merely noting the similarities between the two series.
thank u so mutch gonna try thees out! :)
Sep 12, 2016 5:30 AM
Aug 2015
Raikiri29 said:

yes thx so mutch gonna try and see what i think :)
Sep 12, 2016 7:05 AM

Dec 2014
So this is the conclusion, eh... All in all, not too shabby.

We start off with the scene we left at, Lieutenant Riddhe Marcenas' poppa realizing he just fired a Colony Laser on his son and falling into despair. Without using unnecessary words, the show manages to convey quite nicely that no-one is either willing or able to help out the distraught father. "You made this mess, you deal with it."

Luckily Riddhe and Bannagher stop the Colony Laser, with Riddhe managing to achieve Awakened Newtype and Bannagher achieving Supreme Newtype or what-have-you, using Marida's guidance to push the Unicorn's psycoframe to its absolute limit. The Unicorn has psycoframe crystals sticking out of its body like some sort of art piece and Bannagher doesn't respond to his comms -seems to be dead-, but Magallanica is saved.

Audrey spreads news of Laplace's Box- the truth, to be precise- across the galaxy, to every settlement known to man. Syam Vist dies during the speech, able to close his eyes to the sight of a lifelong dream being fulfilled.

Martha tries to cut off Audrey- blocking signals, silencing the masses, whatever it takes- but CAPTAIN MUTHERFUCKING BRIGHT steps in like the manly leader he is and curbstomps her with Londo Bell's executive might. Alberto finally convinces her to let go of her crazy obsession over a metaphorical box, and she goes away quietly to questioning. Once she's gone, Senator Marcenas and Bright have a short, bitter little talk about the duty of fathers to watch the paths their sons carve, which ties in nicely with the bitter little talk Bannagher and Riddhe had about their own really bad dads (right before stopping the laser).

Martha's been taken down, but the no-name-basically-a-grunt army she commands has already been sent towards Magallanica. The Nahel Argama and the Sleeves remnants are trying to stop them, but it's a race against time. Elsewhere, Angelo is alive- WUT THE FKKK- and crawls out of his mobile suit's remains to find the cockpit of the Neo Zeon/Sinanju. No life can be found within Full Frontal's body, and the BL-protag-wannabe cries to himself amidst the stars.

Riddhe makes his way towards Bannagher in the Banshee, saying a bunch of lines about how Bannagher can't leave that sound suspiciously yaoi-esque if not for the line about how he has to return to Audrey. It looks like Bannagher's turning into an Ultimate Newtype or something, which basically means he'll surpass our level of reality and never be able to return. In an admittedly very impressive sequence, Riddhe re-awakens the Banshee and races after the rogue Unicorn with all his might.

In the end though, the thing that keeps Bannagher from living a life full of transforming translucent man-children is a ghostly aura-being-thingy of Audrey. This causes him to wake up, mutter "Audrey..."
...and then the ED starts to play. The Unicorn reforms all of its armor, the crystals receding and the shattered armor fragments coming back over it as one, before reverting to Unicorn Mode. It gestures to the Banshee, which reverts to Unicorn Mode as well- no words are spoken- and then they fly away towards the Magallanica colony to a chorus of StarRingChild.

Personally, I have to say that this was a pretty good show- but that was mainly due to the OVA storyline. In terms of the pure TV content... there was virtually none. Just some in-media res at the beginning, new OPs and EDs (some of which had new animation, some of which didn't), and a crapton of recaps at the start of each episode. They wasted over 45 minutes of a 22 episode show on recaps- that's really bad.
The OVAs had all the same stuff in regards to the actual story... there wasn't anything changed, for better or worse, save the beginning. The TV version I liked because it was split into smaller segments, but if you want you could just watch the OVAs and then the OPs and EDs on Youtube without missing a thing. That's dissappointing, but... what can you do. Still, the story is pretty damn good anyways.
All in all, an 8/10 for the TV and 9/10 for the OVAs. Judging from the Gundam Unicorn Twitter, it looks like we'll be getting a Crossbone anime adaption sometime in the future.
Sep 12, 2016 6:08 PM

Apr 2015
I watched a bunch of the OVAs years ago; this series got me to see the whole story in smaller more digestible bits. I quite liked it and it's certainly better than a lot of the most recent Gundam offerings. However, the basic story is very similar to every other Gundam show I've seen. I liked how family ended up being an important factor.
Sep 18, 2016 4:00 AM

Aug 2011
So Char's ghost died in the end? and who is he exactly?
Sep 30, 2016 2:03 AM
May 2010
TekkamanBuredo said:

I believe the offical story was that he was a half robot/clone of char, with many of chars memories artifically implanted in him. along with somehow part of char's spirit. He was in a sense, not alive and a human being, thus, when he spoke about his goals on the bridge of the Nahal Argama, he had no passion for it as he spoke it, as banagher said, hinting towards the fact that he wasn't really even alive.
Sep 30, 2016 4:01 AM

Aug 2011
Viper_607 said:
TekkamanBuredo said:

I believe the offical story was that he was a half robot/clone of char, with many of chars memories artifically implanted in him. along with somehow part of char's spirit. He was in a sense, not alive and a human being, thus, when he spoke about his goals on the bridge of the Nahal Argama, he had no passion for it as he spoke it, as banagher said, hinting towards the fact that he wasn't really even alive.

Thanks buddy
mystery solved now :p
Sep 30, 2016 3:47 PM

Apr 2012
IT's hard to judge this series. On one hand, it's Unicorn! The storyline still holds and it's very enjoyable.
On the other hand, this version offers nothing new aside from the new OP and ED which you can just search on youtube if you can't be bothered to watch the entire thing.
"Fortress Maximus has come himself. Okay! Then I shall get Fortress Maximus to fight me, huh huh huh!"

Oct 1, 2016 6:07 AM

Nov 2011
Some friendly advice, if you have seen the OVA of this show, you do not need to see it to force this TV series, the only thing that will be able attract you is the audio sector, the rest did not reserve great news. Good to see you again, however, a mecha anime genre that it rocks.

Raikiri29 said:

Damn I agree with you. Seed does not belong to the UC trend, but it is good to see how gender mecha anime, a bit less than the sequel, for the choices made in the plot of the first part.
Oct 6, 2016 4:47 AM
Nov 2014
I binged it on youtube, i can safely call it the best Gundam TV Animation after 00, perhaps only be rival by the future TV version of the Origins LOL (yeah they did it once, they will do it again!)
What i really like is the side characters, because no real bad guys between rival sides, just the twisted ideological mess that is what one believe is right turn them to killers is very good depiction of war.
As a writer and WW2 armature researcher, on the heels of a new world war, war aspects of UC does resonate with me. I cant write better plots than it on that front.
What takes the plot out of well grounded reality is the stuff that is out of reality ....all took place in the last three episodes off course. Especially the super natural power NT can do with their machines is just WTF disbelief.
The plot holes before the last three episodes are more like scenes being cut than deliberately left there because writers have a brain vessel blockage.
If they are really looking to make Crossbone Gundam series, then they better change some of the plot, they will have a lot of technical issues at their hands in making the HG 1/144 scale kits due to the MS is 15m.
Oct 6, 2016 9:15 AM

Dec 2015
From beginning to end of this episode, I never realized I was watching a finale.
3/5 That wasn't bad, but there was nothing left to keep an eye on.

Well,,,some nice exploitations of old éléments in the middle of a vain epilogue full,of 3DCGI. Very bad and abrupt cuts to end the early episode.
Score: 5.5/10 (6/10 for the OAVs)
Rei_IIIMar 17, 2020 12:17 AM
Dec 6, 2016 11:07 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
If you have watch the ovas Unicorn (7 ovas) is the same to this series, any change, all the same, the different is that this series are divided in 22 episodes, just!

The Ovas was beatiful, and this series are the same, is a great series, but for my taste, i prefer the ovas becasued i watched first, and it get me more emotions, and plot was discover ever minute, but in this series don´t has any surprise, because It's the same footage !

7/10.
Jun 12, 2017 1:58 PM
Mar 2015
A good ending to show at least IMO. Can't believe one of Ensign Ridde's last words in the show is telling Banagher "I steal Audrey from you!". That line may my day right there.
Jun 27, 2017 4:07 AM
Jul 2014
Finally finished this like a year later. Overall a 6/10.

It wasn't bad, but way too much of a retread for my liking, I really liked the movies but think it was WAY too soon to be adapting them in this way with nothing really new to add.

Still think the standalone OVA's set during the one Year War in the fringes of the continuity are the best Gundam we've gotten yet, Thunderbolt aka the most recent addition to that setting confirms that in my eyes..
Aug 20, 2017 8:06 AM
Jun 2017
At first I wasn't sure if I should continue this series but I'm glad I did.
Jan 1, 2018 9:07 AM

Sep 2012
What the hell was that ending? -__- They didn't even give any closure to what happens in the aftermath of the real UC Charter being revealed! I guess that's because they knew they couldn't write a way for all war to stop since F91 and Victory still happen later in UC. I'm still dumbfounded at how lame Banagher was; I hope he stays in "comets go zoom" mode forever.
Feb 7, 2018 7:07 AM
Aug 2017
Bright should have Bright-Slapped Martha and the Father!
May 27, 2021 12:03 AM

Aug 2017
Marida and Full Frontal were the only important pilots who died at the end lol. Even Angelo survived somehow. Well, it surpassed my expectations due to the political background. Ending could be a bit better but its fine. This is the eighth Gundam I've started watching and my eighth completed Gundam 7/10 for the anime.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Aug 4, 2022 4:12 AM

Jul 2016
Vaiketime2025 said:
A good ending to show at least IMO. Can't believe one of Ensign Ridde's last words in the show is telling Banagher "I steal Audrey from you!". That line may my day right there.

Riddes character is just such a waste of space really.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 18 Discussion

Wazefock - Aug 13, 2016

10 by gxbrielcruz »»
Sep 20, 2023 10:49 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Insertanamehere - Apr 2, 2016

76 by KiroTheAssassin »»
Sep 3, 2023 8:01 AM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 10 Discussion

The_Sum_of_Zero - Jun 4, 2016

11 by gxbrielcruz »»
Aug 25, 2023 5:05 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 9 Discussion

The_Sum_of_Zero - May 28, 2016

15 by gxbrielcruz »»
Aug 25, 2023 4:38 PM

Poll: » Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn RE:0096 Episode 6 Discussion

Wazefock - May 7, 2016

10 by gxbrielcruz »»
Jun 15, 2023 10:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.