Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 29, 2016 7:36 AM

Jul 2015
Dear Mal, What do you think will be the new trend that will create a series the whole community will rage about? We have SAO which means the stuck inside a videogame genre rage is done, And current we have RE:Zero about time traveling, What will be the new hip thing? what will make people bitch about this show of how it's super amazing,or god awful

What do you want to see that will probably be talked about for months and then forgotten?
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Aug 29, 2016 7:39 AM

Aug 2015
We're far from done with the isekai neets.
Aug 29, 2016 7:41 AM

Jan 2008
As far as I see, there are three trends.

There is the Attack on Titan (edgy humanity vs. external threat kind of story) - SnK, Seraph of the End, Kabaneri.

Then as you said, there is trapped in a different world/video game: SAO, Log Horizon, Grimrar, KonoSuba, Re:Zero.

Finally, there is the time travel trend: ERASED, Orange, ReLife, RE:Zero (again).
Aug 29, 2016 7:42 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Dotchka said:
Dear Mal, What do you think will be the new trend that will create a series the whole community will rage about? We have SAO which means the stuck inside a videogame genre rage is done, And current we have RE:Zero about time traveling, What will be the new hip thing? what will make people bitch about this show of how it's super amazing,or god awful

What do you want to see that will probably be talked about for months and then forgotten?

and then forgotten? idk man, people are trying to desperately to still shit all over SAO as if SAO did anything other than get super popular

anyway, im hoping for ecchi sports but thats only a dream....
Aug 29, 2016 7:44 AM

Apr 2015
I don't really see a trend now. Maybe a few seasons and a trend will emerge.
Aug 29, 2016 7:53 AM

Jan 2013
Kami-Koto said:
I think this is the most likely scenario.
People nowadays find this more relatable then ever before (or so I'd assume) and I doubt it's going to go away anytime within the near future.

Darklord_bg said:
There is the Attack on Titan (edgy humanity vs. external threat kind of story) - SnK, Seraph of the End, Kabaneri.
Is it really a trend if two of those three are done by the same studio?
You'd think there'd be several example from different people if it was a trend.
Aug 29, 2016 7:56 AM

Feb 2010
EcchiLordMamster said:
Dotchka said:

and then forgotten? idk man, people are trying to desperately to still shit all over SAO as if SAO did anything other than get super popular

I pray this doesn't happen. I don't want to lose one of my favorite genres to the ecchi crowd :(.

The trends I want to continue is all the Jojo parts getting adaptions and also getting new anime/manga of old classics like Parasyte, Jojo, Arslan, Time Travel Shoujo etc...

on another not how in the random does SAO mean the isekai genre is done? It has evolved and experimented since then and taken various different, one might say superior, forms from SAO. The genre is all but dead.
I probably regret this post by now.
Aug 29, 2016 7:58 AM

Feb 2010
Chandela said:
Kami-Koto said:
People nowadays find this more relatable then ever before (or so I'd assume) and I doubt it's going to go away anytime within the near future.

Darklord_bg said:

Sidonia no Kishi is another one. But I do think that calling this a recent trend makes no sense. It's an age-old tradition and reducing it to just AoT and what came after is not very fair.
Aug 29, 2016 8:02 AM

Nov 2009
Battle harem is a thing of the past. Future belongs to battle cute girls doing cute things.
Aug 29, 2016 8:05 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pullman said:

I pray this doesn't happen. I don't want to lose one of my favorite genres to the ecchi crowd :(.

idk why ecchi sports increasing would have to mean fujosports decreasing loooolll

just one a season would be good enough for me

flannan said:
Battle harem is a thing of the past. Future belongs to battle cute girls doing cute things.

yea like i mentioned, i see no sign of battle harem from Fall and on, minus the manga i was reading that could be adapted one day, but lol, obviously CGDCT is pretty old and is just too popular to ever go anywhere, which im 100% happy with
Aug 29, 2016 8:07 AM

Sep 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
Dotchka said:

Well Keijo's airing next season so your dream could become a reality.
Aug 29, 2016 8:08 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
amk_2397 said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Well Keijo's airing next season so your dream could become a reality.

yep, im banking on keijo!!!!!!!! starting a new trend of ecchi sports anime... that'd be a dream
Aug 29, 2016 8:09 AM

Nov 2012
the golden age of idol boys has come!
Aug 29, 2016 8:10 AM

Nov 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:
flannan said:

yea like i mentioned, i see no sign of battle harem from Fall and on, minus the manga i was reading that could be adapted one day, but lol, obviously CGDCT is pretty old and is just too popular to ever go anywhere, which im 100% happy with

When you said it, I was worried - what would I watch next season? But then I saw Brave Witches (a battle cute girls doing cute things anime), and I knew I was saved.
Aug 29, 2016 8:13 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
flannan said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

When you said it, I was worried - what would I watch next season? But then I saw Brave Witches (a battle cute girls doing cute things anime), and I knew I was saved.

LOL theres also "Vivid Strike", but i meant harem as in theres a male protagonist
Aug 29, 2016 8:15 AM

Feb 2014
I don`t like the direction that anime is heading towards right now. The increasing amount of Fujoshi anime is scaring me and ecchi series are becoming less frequent.
I pray for Keijo`s success next season and may Yuri on ice burn in hell.
Aug 29, 2016 8:17 AM

Feb 2010
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pullman said:

idk why ecchi sports increasing would have to mean fujosports decreasing loooolll

flannan said:

Who's talking about fujoshi? I'm talking about normal sports anime tho I guess there are people who see all of them as fujobait if they're not ecchi in their ignorance. To each their own.

I just don't think we will suddenly have an overall increase of sports anime. Their numbers have been fairly consistent, and fairly low for the last few years. Sure, the shows that aired often got sequels or ended up being long-runners, but the overall quantity isn't that big. Maybe 10 shows a year? Often less IIRC. Having 4 of them be ecchi would mean a big blow to my enjoyment.

If it does lead to an overall inrease in sports anime I'd be down with it but I don't think that's likely. We'll have to see.
Aug 29, 2016 8:20 AM

May 2016
Chandela said:
Darklord_bg said:

I think it is fair to say that all 3 are by the same studio. Since Wit Studio is pretty much a section of Production I.G that split off and is responsable for the animated production of Attack on Titan. They're the ones credited making season 2.

Pullman said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Who's talking about fujoshi? I'm talking about normal sports anime tho I guess there are people who see all of them as fujobait if they're not ecchi in their ignorance. To each their own.

I just don't think we will suddenly have an overall increase of sports anime. Their numbers have been fairly consistent, and fairly low for the last few years. Sure, the shows that aired often got sequels or ended up being long-runners, but the overall quantity isn't that big. Maybe 10 shows a year? Often less IIRC. Having 4 of them be ecchi would mean a big blow to my enjoyment.

If it does lead to an overall inrease in sports anime I'd be down with it but I don't think that's likely. We'll have to see.

Don't you, know cast of pretty boys = fujobait
Jokes aside, if sports anime become more common then I want see some sports we don't have yet like hockey. Maybe a olympic based anime around 2020 just saying.
TakenMalUsernameAug 29, 2016 8:27 AM
Aug 29, 2016 8:24 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pullman said:

LOL you had to go there..... i just mean theyre mostly all male sports, which is why so many of them have large female audiences, obviously attracting fujoshi

10 a year? thats a fucking lot, thing is theyre never ecchi....

if there were 4 a year, so say 1 a season..... is too many for you? bruh, seriously? its not like you have to watch everything

lol all im saying is i hope Keijo!!!!!!!! means more all girls sports, i don't care if the number is low, just more is enough xD
Aug 29, 2016 8:24 AM

Jan 2013
takenMalUsername said:
Chandela said:

I think it is fair to say that all 3 are by the same studio. Since Wit Studio is pretty much a section of Production I.G that split off and is responsable for the animated production of Attack on Titan. They're the ones credited making season 2.
I didn't know that, thanks.
Learn something new everyday.
Aug 29, 2016 8:38 AM

Feb 2010
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pullman said:

LOL you had to go there..... i just mean theyre mostly all male sports, which is why so many of them have large female audiences, obviously attracting fujoshi

if there were 4 a year, so say 1 a season..... is too many for you? bruh, seriously? its not like you have to watch everything

lol all im saying is i hope Keijo!!!!!!!! means more all girls sports, i don't care if the number is low, just more is enough xD

You know I had to ;).

Well, sports might very well be THE genre I get the most consistent enjoyment out of so I don't feel bad about wanting to hog it all for myself :>.
I'll allow myself to be selfish in that regard. You can get more ecchi sci-fi or fantasy or rom-com shows, idc. But not mai sportsu shows.

And I'm not against more female-only 'sports' shows. I loved Saki for example. But Saki wasn't ecchi, it was just cute and moe and had some light fanservice. Idk if that kind of show satisfies you but it could be a compromise for me. Cute girls doing cute sports without ecchi is a-ok.

btw have you seen ro-kyu-bu? How ecchi is that one?
Aug 29, 2016 8:39 AM

Mar 2014
Yaoi bait

So much yaoi bait

I'm loving it already
Nico- said:
@Comic_Sans oh no y arnt ppl dieing i need more ppl dieing rly gud plot avansement jus liek tokyo ghoul if erbudy dies amirite
Conversations with people pinging/quoting me to argue about some old post I wrote years ago will not be entertained
Aug 29, 2016 8:42 AM

Feb 2015
A new trebd is that watch overly-hyped series and bitch about it...
Aug 29, 2016 8:47 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Pullman said:

You know I had to ;).

Well, sports might very well be THE genre I get the most consistent enjoyment out of so I don't feel bad about wanting to hog it all for myself :>.
I'll allow myself to be selfish in that regard. You can get more ecchi sci-fi or fantasy or rom-com shows, idc. But not mai sportsu shows.

And I'm not against more female-only 'sports' shows. I loved Saki for example. But Saki wasn't ecchi, it was just cute and moe and had some light fanservice. Idk if that kind of show satisfies you but it could be a compromise for me. Cute girls doing cute sports without ecchi is a-ok.

LOL well unfortunately for you, ecchi/action, which includes sports, is a huge fetish of mine, so you gotta share xD

i marathoned Saki like a week or 2 ago (after it being on-hold for 6 years for some reason... i had got to ep 5) and i loved it obviously, as i watch just as many CGDCT anime as i do harems. Nodokas boobs were top tier and the no-pan was great

i haven't watch that one yet, but its been in my PTW forever.... maybe ill make it the new show for me to marathon
Aug 29, 2016 8:55 AM

Jan 2016
EcchiLordMamster said:
Pullman said:

All girls sports?That's the same thing as cancer.
Aug 29, 2016 8:57 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
LeWeebJames said:
All girls sports?That's the same thing as cancer.

sorry man, but my penis disagrees with you ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) i need some sports anime to watch too
Aug 29, 2016 9:10 AM

Nov 2009
EcchiLordMamster said:
flannan said:

LOL theres also "Vivid Strike", but i meant harem as in theres a male protagonist

Yes, I understand you. I just meant to say that all-girl action shows are good for me too, even if there is no male in the cast.
I think it's the same for you, isn't it?

Pullman said:

While it does contain some memorable innuendo and some viewers are uncomfortable with the MC's relationship with an elementary school girl (which might be considered romantic, if you wear lolicon goggles), the show itself is not particularly ecchi. It does contain some fanservice.

Mizunashi said:
I would love to see some religious bible adaptations like Adam and Eve stuff, Moses etc

Adam and Eve? Both of them naked, of course...
Noah's arc. Bring a pair of every animal-girl!
You pervert! :P

Moses would be pure fujobait, though. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Edit: New Testament as a battle harem. Peter-chan is a tsundere and cleaves through 3 romans in one swing. "I-It's not like I know him, baka!"
flannanAug 29, 2016 9:23 AM
Aug 29, 2016 9:19 AM

Dec 2015
Shallamayne said:
I think the amount of sports anime is increasing, right? Does that count? Or maybe it just seems that way to me, idk.

Ur right.
To me they all look like fujobait and im not happy to see those :(
Reverse harems (might) be the next new thing, again more stuff for females
Im probably forgetting some, but i could list more
Aug 29, 2016 9:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
flannan said:

Yes, I understand you. I just meant to say that all-girl action shows are good for me too, even if there is no male in the cast.
I think it's the same for you, isn't it?

oh my bad, and yes, ofc... im rarely looking at the male character, badass or not, so i prefer all girls lol
Aug 29, 2016 9:21 AM

May 2016
The new trend would be anime about beta males fucking their sisters...oh wait...
Aug 29, 2016 9:25 AM

Oct 2014
Chandela said:
Kami-Koto said:

Darklord_bg said:

there are examples from different studios like black bullet and god eater
so lots of people in the industry are trying to exploit the sucess of aot making it a trend
Aug 29, 2016 9:33 AM

Feb 2010
flannan said:

Pullman said:

While it does contain some memorable innuendo and some viewers are uncomfortable with the MC's relationship with an elementary school girl (which might be considered romantic, if you wear lolicon goggles), the show itself is not particularly ecchi. It does contain some fanservice.

lolicon romance? Sounds great. I should give the show a shot later this year. For now I've already decided on my next sports show but it does sound more up my alley than I expected based on the ecchi tag. Only problem is I don't find the character designs very appealing judging from the cover picture. Giant heads, eyes and foreheads, overly bulemic bodies, almost no details in the facial features, even the hair doesn't look very good. A lot of things combine to make them be some of the least appealing lolis I've seen :/.
Aug 29, 2016 10:06 AM

Jan 2013
gabrielrroiz said:
Chandela said:

there are examples from different studios like black bullet and god eater
so lots of people in the industry are trying to exploit the sucess of aot making it a trend
Eh, honestly that seems like a bit of a stretch. It sounds like overplayed association to me from the community because of how 'iconic' Shingeki no Kyojin was. Very similar to how people associate Log Horizon to SAO for "starting a trend" when series like .hack// have been around well before them and have been more than popular in their own right. I'm not one to speak in absolutes so you'll very rarely find me drawing conclusions from statements like the one you've made just because a couple shows are comparable.
Aug 29, 2016 10:33 AM

Dec 2015
Pullman said:
flannan said:

lolicon romance? Sounds great. I should give the show a shot later this year. For now I've already decided on my next sports show but it does sound more up my alley than I expected based on the ecchi tag. Only problem is I don't find the character designs very appealing judging from the cover picture. Giant heads, eyes and foreheads, overly bulemic bodies, almost no details in the facial features, even the hair doesn't look very good. A lot of things combine to make them be some of the least appealing lolis I've seen :/.

If you want a loli romance series try Kodomo no Jikan (especially the manga)
Its actually quite a dramatic show despite what it looks like. I was also shocked by that
Aug 29, 2016 10:36 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Shallamayne said:

You dont have to watch them. Lots of people love it.

if only people would just always take note of this..... lol

obviously the fujobait increase is not my thing... but theres nothing i can do about, nor would i want to do anything about it. all it means is i may be watching less a season now and other ppl will be watching more
Aug 29, 2016 10:39 AM

Feb 2016
I think the number of SoL shows per season has greatly increased and they are pretty good so it will probably last a while.
The number of sport anime is also getting bigger but they arent as popular, i suppose.

Oshii is probably the only director that loves dogs. He thinks he's a dog himself.

That's right, its slime! It will dissolve your clothing slowly before my eyes!

Aug 29, 2016 10:52 AM

Dec 2015
How is the "lost in another world" a trend started by Sword Art? There has continously been anime with this start point since the 80s at least. One of the first OAVs (Leda) was this, and a lot of others minor or major titles too. (in any format)
Aug 29, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2015
_Ako_ said:

Pretty much this, the amount of people bitching about 1 or 2 shows each season is ridiculous. Its like they are hating for the sake of hating -_-.
Aug 29, 2016 12:10 PM

Feb 2015
Cejara said:
_Ako_ said:

Pretty much this, the amount of people bitching about 1 or 2 shows each season is ridiculous. Its like they are hating for the sake of hating -_-.

I wanna do the same too, but I rather watch a series when its complete to avoid shitty cliff hanger EP's, of course there are some exceptions...

Well hate-train doesn't sell tickets if you love a series... So, you at least have to pretend that you are ranting about how shitty a series is. Or probably...
Aug 29, 2016 12:20 PM

Jul 2015
i bet that nobunaga show will be popular
SUPER CUTIE SUPER STAR
Aug 29, 2016 2:01 PM

Dec 2015
_Ako_ said:
Cejara said:

I wanna do the same too, but I rather watch a series when its complete to avoid shitty cliff hanger EP's, of course there are some exceptions...

Well hate-train doesn't sell tickets if you love a series... So, you at least have to pretend that you are ranting about how shitty a series is. Or probably...

Nah, if I like the series I like it :P. I thought SAO was averagely decent (then again I prefer the LN's that expand on Aincrad too), I like Re:zero, Erased is my favorite manga and the anime adaptation wasn't deserving of being rated a 1 by haters lol. Could care less what others think about me liking series like this though.
Aug 29, 2016 3:45 PM

Feb 2015
Cejara said:
_Ako_ said:

Nah, if I like the series I like it :P. I thought SAO was averagely decent (then again I prefer the LN's that expand on Aincrad too), I like Re:zero, Erased is my favorite manga and the anime adaptation wasn't deserving of being rated a 1 by haters lol. Could care less what others think about me liking series like this though.

That same goes for me and for everyone, I guess... I mean people who constantly rant about on-going over-hyped series are those who have so much time in their hands.
Aug 29, 2016 5:05 PM

Jun 2015
If a trend of old manga being adapted continues, I hope someone gets the brains to adapt Psyren.

Japan pleaze, make it happen.
Aug 29, 2016 5:57 PM
Jun 2016
It seem like there will be a lot of sports anime next season (Haikyuu,All Out,Keijo,Yuri on Ice,...). With more seasons and years we will see it they became a new trend.

More topics from this board

» Why do people complain about "rapey" characters in anime?

Alpha_1_Zero - 9 minutes ago

1 by rohan121 »»
4 minutes ago

Poll: » Do you perfer Split Cour or Consecutive Cour?

animegamer245 - 32 minutes ago

5 by delirific »»
5 minutes ago

» Is it weird to be attracted to anime characters under the age of 18? ( 1 2 )

bluefin2004 - Yesterday

52 by Punkero »»
5 minutes ago

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - Today

49 by Deknijff »»
11 minutes ago

» Is there an anime character who looks like you in real life?

Alpha_1_Zero - 3 hours ago

12 by Ratris_Decision »»
14 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.