Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 28, 2016 2:29 PM

Feb 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Didn't expect to see the knife completely censored. Hard to even tell that she was stabbed.

"Your sight, my delight. Will you marry me?"
Feb 24, 2017 7:22 AM

Dec 2015
A decent romantic sport entanglement (as expected from an Adachi story) who progresses too fast through ~1year, leaving some intrigues in the dark (notably, the approval of Eiji's father who was first presented as a big point to be a few minutes later completely dismissed).
Technically indecent for a TV movie, it seems almost non-animated despite the simpleness of the drawings (even compared to Adachi's early style), bordering ugliness. There are way too many insert songs, it reaches a ridiculous level.

Enjoyment: 4/5
Score: 4.5(+/-?)/10 Not bad thanks to what it tells, but the assemblage and technical side damage severely the movie.

Thanks for the info, the scene looked like a knife incident without a knife. Weird that they didn't fix this for the theatrical release.
Rei_IIIFeb 24, 2017 7:29 AM
Jan 8, 2019 7:03 AM

Jul 2010
For being a 1hr and 10min movie it actually had lots of developments in that short time and it made me curious to check out the other two sequel movies.
Mar 17, 2021 2:19 PM

Oct 2010
kinda fast paced but decent, the animation was not that beautiful considering that it was a movie/special. I don't understand how come main girl loves Katsuya of all people, she didn't even knew him, anyways, going to watch the other parts
Apr 16, 2021 9:54 PM

Oct 2015
Yeah the knife was hard to make out, I wasn't even sure what happened then. The main protagonist is a lot less interesting though despite actually not being a pitcher for once. Even for a short run time it didn't really feel like it was going too fast or too slow. Can't really say much about it though, it was nice at the very least
Jun 7, 2022 11:06 AM

Jan 2018
This was probably the 2nd anime adaptation of an Adachi Mitsuru manga. First one being Miyuki, at least according to MAL.

Wasn't expecting the main character to be voiced by Furuya Toru (VA of Kyousuke Kasuga) so that caught me off-guard.

I was also curious if this Seishu school had anything to do with the Seishu High School from Cross Game but looks like there's no connection. Dunno what I expected from the work of a man who's infamous for reusing his character designs freely.

Not a bad movie. But not very good either. The pacing is too fast. Things just happen and characters aren't explored enough for me to care about them. Adachi Mitsuru's stories work the best when they're slow-paced with lots of episodes to add depth to the characters. I guess this and the Touch movies confirm it.

There are a lot of insert songs in this movie alone. Since there are so many none of them really stood out to me. But I did enjoy them.

What really bothered me was the below-average animation. Even by 1983 standards, I'm sure there was better stuff out there. But I gotta give some slack to the animators' cos it was originally a TV movie apparently.

The version of the fansub I watched was a 16:9 aspect ratio. It looked cropped/zoomed-in and felt unnatural.

The characters are flat but there's no reason to not watch it if you're a fan of Adachi Mitsuru anime.
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.