Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 19, 2016 1:30 PM

Nov 2014
Personally, I am the fan of harem ending, but sometimes it becomes really hard as for what to pick because it is so rare to see when a harem conclusion is done right. The only manga I know which is done so right and the ending is satisfying as fuck "Fujimura-kun Meitsu".

-The reason I don't like Linear ending because I find it cheap. MC flirts with everyone along the way until the end, but picks the main girl (which is usually the terrible choice most of the time) and everyone else gets rips apart and crying which is like self-torture to see *cough *cough nisekoi *cough*cough.

:I think if it is harem genre, then it should stick to it until the end or at least open ending if author is too much of a wuss, so that readers can leave it upto their imagination.
Aug 19, 2016 1:38 PM

Feb 2014
First of, Fujimura-kun Mates had a horrible conclusion where noone won, because the MC apparently is not interested in women (I questioned whether he was gay or not). Now Sora no otoshimono is a grand harem that gives the first girl some special treatment at the end, but it is subtle and the other female characters do get their fair share of screen time.
Linear endings can be horrible if you don`t like the main girl though.
Aug 19, 2016 1:39 PM

Jul 2015
i agree , harem ending is better than the mc end up with the worst girl
everytime i remember Nisekoi ending / Twgok ending i feel like vomiting
such a disgusting endings ...
Aug 19, 2016 1:44 PM

Sep 2012
I prefer "linear ending."All the time even it's not my ship because with "harem ending" you get no conclusion at all.

Btw %90 those "harem ending" type animes has edge lord MC so yea that's a minus too.
Aug 19, 2016 1:46 PM

Nov 2014
Idiots_on_MAL said:
First of, Fujimura-kun Mates had a horrible conclusion where noone won, because the MC apparently is not interested in women (I questioned whether he was gay or not). Now Sora no otoshimono is a grand harem that gives the first girl some special treatment at the end, but it is subtle and the other female characters do get their fair share of screen time.

-You have to blame the personality of the MC, but at least it gives you some kind assurance that at least everyone was living together with MC even though MC didn't like it. All other female characters would always take initiative to kiss MC which was hilarious to see. The only disappointment was that we never get to hear any kind of answer from the main character, lol, but it was still much better than "The World only God knows" ending where the whole premise revolves around harem, but it didn't even have a harem ending ;_:

I am stuck in a loop. I always ask for a harem route, but 90% of the time it turns out so horrible that it leaves a bad taste which ruins the whole story for you. Just like Nisekoi, I shipped Onodera or Marika so much, but seeing them moved in future and finding a different partner is like watching a good Hentai which turned out to be NTR.
Aug 19, 2016 1:47 PM

Jul 2014
Harem endings just seems incomplete to me :/
Aug 19, 2016 1:48 PM

Nov 2014
sasalx said:
I prefer "linear ending."All the time even it's not my ship because with "harem ending" you get no conclusion at all.

Btw %90 those "harem ending" type animes has edge lord MC so yea that's a minus too.

IFKR, it is so hard to find a rare harem gem that has genuine harem ending. Hence, I long moved on to reading chinese Wuxia novels or Web Novels to satisfy my hunger like completing Mushoku Tensei is one of the best decision I have ever made.
Aug 19, 2016 1:50 PM

Nov 2014
AnimeAddict117 said:
AnimeAddict117 said:

Pick one:-

-Open Harem ending (generic as hell)
-Harem story with Linear ending (But your least favorite ship)
Aug 19, 2016 1:52 PM

Nov 2014
I would always pick "Open Harem ending" rather than a harem story that has linear ending with the worst pick in the end. At least, that way everyone gets to be happy, but yea it seems like easy way out. I don't know why Author most of the time shys away when it comes to proper harem ending. You made the whole story around MC's harem, now just stick to your guns till the end and give us a genuine ending.
Aug 19, 2016 1:54 PM

Jul 2014
RarestProGamer said:
AnimeAddict117 said:
AnimeAddict117 said:

Pick one:-

-Open Harem ending (generic as hell)
-Harem story with Linear ending (But your least favorite ship)

lol i would go with Linear ending... as my reason us up there ^^
Aug 19, 2016 1:59 PM

Feb 2014
RarestProGamer said:
Idiots_on_MAL said:

-You have to blame the personality of the MC, but at least it gives you some kind assurance that at least everyone was living together with MC even though MC didn't like it. All other female characters would always take initiative to kiss MC which was hilarious to see. The only disappointment was that we never get to hear any kind of answer from the main character, lol, but it was still much better than "The World only God knows" ending where the whole premise revolves around harem, but it didn't even have a harem ending ;_:

I am stuck in a loop. I always ask for a harem route, but 90% of the time it turns out so horrible that it leaves a bad taste which ruins the whole story for you. Just like Nisekoi, I shipped Onodera or Marika so much, but seeing them moved in future and finding a different partner is like watching a good Hentai which turned out to be NTR.

You`re right, I would`ve loved to see an answer from the MC, but the ending was rushed and the girls seemed alright with not getting anything. Also, I usually just ship the first girl seen in any linear ending to get my precious satisfaction at the end xD (Chitoge won as expected)
Aug 19, 2016 3:04 PM

Aug 2009
RarestProGamer said:
Personally, I am the fan of harem ending, but sometimes it becomes really hard as for what to pick because it is so rare to see when a harem conclusion is done right. The only manga I know which is done so right and the ending is satisfying as fuck "Fujimura-kun Meitsu".

-The reason I don't like Linear ending because I find it cheap. MC flirts with everyone along the way until the end, but picks the main girl (which is usually the terrible choice most of the time) and everyone else gets rips apart and crying which is like self-torture to see *cough *cough nisekoi *cough*cough.

:I think if it is harem genre, then it should stick to it until the end or at least open ending if author is too much of a wuss, so that readers can leave it upto their imagination.

I prefer harem endings. I think that sort of genre the male lead should end up with all the girls as his wives.I don't think they should end with the male lead just choosing one girl and the other girls lose, plus fans tend to pissed off about the choice of girl that is picked in a harem anime that ends with the male picking a female.

The huge vast majority of harem anime are just open ended. Rarely will a harem ending end where the male lead picks all the girls like all the girls become his wives or he selects just one girl.
ezikialrageAug 19, 2016 3:08 PM
Aug 19, 2016 9:51 PM

Nov 2009
I prefer harem endings.
Linear endings with proper buildup (where we see that one pairing is a lot more likely, and everybody else is more for the viewers) are fine too.
But proper harem endings are the best, and they are rare.

I have recently recommended Maou na Ore to Ghoul no Yubiwa novel as a good example of proper harem ending. Few authors have the balls to have the MC change the legislation to allow polygamy in Japan.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/50663/Maou_na_Ore_to_Ghoul_no_Yubiwa

On the other hand, Mahou Sensei Negima's ending, which shattered a few most popular pairings, but didn't tell us who won, is not the right way to end a harem. (I understand the author had his circumstances, but still)
Aug 19, 2016 10:09 PM

Nov 2014
ezikialrage said:
RarestProGamer said:

I prefer harem endings. I think that sort of genre the male lead should end up with all the girls as his wives.I don't think they should end with the male lead just choosing one girl and the other girls lose, plus fans tend to pissed off about the choice of girl that is picked in a harem anime that ends with the male picking a female.

The huge vast majority of harem anime are just open ended. Rarely will a harem ending end where the male lead picks all the girls like all the girls become his wives or he selects just one girl.

Holyshit, I didn't know about Tenchi Muyo GXP and Photon and what surprises me more is that both are anime that ACTUALLY has genuine harem conclusion which is just so rare. Thanx for the recommendation m8!
Aug 19, 2016 10:15 PM

Nov 2014
flannan said:
I prefer harem endings.
Linear endings with proper buildup (where we see that one pairing is a lot more likely, and everybody else is more for the viewers) are fine too.
But proper harem endings are the best, and they are rare.

I have recently recommended Maou na Ore to Ghoul no Yubiwa novel as a good example of proper harem ending. Few authors have the balls to have the MC change the legislation to allow polygamy in Japan.
http://myanimelist.net/manga/50663/Maou_na_Ore_to_Ghoul_no_Yubiwa

On the other hand, Mahou Sensei Negima's ending, which shattered a few most popular pairings, but didn't tell us who won, is not the right way to end a harem. (I understand the author had his circumstances, but still)

-I see, you are into novels too. I highly recommend reading this

"https://yoraikun.wordpress.com/7s-chapters/". It is one of the top quality harem/fantasy/action/adventure story I have read. Although, Harem progress slowly and nicely, but that is how I prefer and the women in the story doesn't feel one dimensional at all. Truthfully, the best part about the story is the 2nd personality of MC "Mr. Lyle" which he gets it right before the next level up who loves and cherish his harem unlike the main personality. The series goes through real character development over the period which is so good to see!
Aug 19, 2016 10:17 PM

Jul 2014
The thing about Harem ending are that they go nowhere 99% of the time. In actual harem I would think girls would know their place and accept it; but in most harems Ive seen the girls never learn their place or want to be in this "open relationship" and all still fight over being the main chick. That's why I like DXD because it has the potential for the harem ending to work.
Aug 19, 2016 10:25 PM

Feb 2015
I have not watched a lot of Harem/Ecchi anime or read, although, in Genshiken, Madarame pictured a good job in terms of that thing.

I find ending in that kind of show feels lacking, if I want to watch a Harem/Ecchi anime, I would like to pick something that feels episodic or episodic, so there's no one to choose from.

In short, in Harem series, the Female MC's deserves to be free from the heart of the MC, since, the Female MC's deserves better man than the MC. I mean, a open ending would be nice.
Aug 19, 2016 10:40 PM
Aug 2016
Personally I prefer a linear ending, at least that way the series feels complete, even if it's not for the girl that I liked the best. Harem or open endings always seem incomplete to me, like there should be more to the story. Also having 4+ girls all agree to share the MC just seems completely unrealistic. I know it's anime and it's fictional, but situations like that seem like the easy way out to make sure that nobodies feelings get hurt.
Aug 19, 2016 10:58 PM

Oct 2015
Linear ending works for me even if I don't personally prefer the main girl.
Aug 20, 2016 11:29 PM

Nov 2014
I would too prefer a linear ending IF MC picked the girl that I like the most. It is obvious that when you read or watch manga/anime you imagine yourself as the MC of that series or somehow relate to it, but 95% of the time it usually the most terrible pick out of all. Like I didn't mind it in Naruto that he picked Hinata over Sakura which is ofc the best choice. Hence, it didn't bother me infact I pretty much liked it, yet a lot of people felt salty over it and asked for partition to make an alternate ending, lmao. So, I can somewhat understand their feelings!

-I just can't shake off this bitter and salty feeling that the author of nisekoi picked such a terrible conclusion. You know that it is gonna be Chitoge within the first 10 chapters, but the author dragged it till 200+ chapters and seeing every girl in the series giving equal effort to woo MC, but in the end some of them got married, pregnant or moved on with a different partner, felt like watching the worst NTR. It planted a trauma inside lol, I am never ever gonna read a harem story from here on without reading the end spoilers, so it won't turn out to be a major disappointment!
Aug 20, 2016 11:33 PM
Oct 2014
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Everyone complains that harem anime series never have an actual ending, but I'd rather have a non-ending than an ending where the MC chooses one girl. Doesn't that kind of ruin the whole point of a harem? You watch that kind of show to play to your non-monogamous fantasies. At least with a non-ending, I can fantasize that he'll end up with all the main girls.

Of course, my favorites are those rare endings where I don't have to fantasize because he really does get all the girls. They should make more of those. Like:

Aug 20, 2016 11:43 PM

Nov 2014
lasterrending said:
I couldn't agree more with the OP. Everyone complains that harem anime series never have an actual ending, but I'd rather have a non-ending than an ending where the MC chooses one girl. Doesn't that kind of ruin the whole point of a harem? You watch that kind of show to play to your non-monogamous fantasies. At least with a non-ending, I can fantasize that he'll end up with all the main girls.

Of course, my favorites are those rare endings where I don't have to fantasize because he really does get all the girls. They should make more of those. Like:

IFKR, since polygamy is impossible in RL, that is why too I read fantasies like this, but I hate it when Author plays the logic card at the end of the story because that what makes the most sense? I call it bullshit, don't make harem story then in the first place.
Aug 21, 2016 6:46 AM

Oct 2015
If you're talking about that harem-manga/anime that has obvious pairing, I choose harem end. Why? I love harem and watching anime like this is just waiting your fave chara being hurt.

I prefer 1 heroine/route end, only if MC "has brain" not generic/plainly choose main heroine.

1 example i like, TWGOK's manga end. Not bad Wakaki.
Aug 21, 2016 7:07 AM
Jan 2013
gladisr said:
If you're talking about that harem-manga/anime that has obvious pairing, I choose harem end. Why? I love harem and watching anime like this is just waiting your fave chara being hurt.

I prefer 1 heroine/route end, only if MC "has brain" not generic/plainly choose main heroine.

That ending was trash cause it took that entire plot down with it.Even Naruto and Bleach have more dignity than the Twgok ending.

Aug 22, 2016 12:29 PM

Nov 2014
gladisr said:

I am comparing whether would you prefer a linear ending for Harem story or a harem ending in harem story and like I mentioned above, I too didn't like TWGOK's ending, why? because it ruined the whole story for me. The whole premise revolves around harem, and MC was one of the best I have seen when it comes to harem story because it is so rare to see a serious, calm and smart protagonist. So, I thought maybe we are going somewhere, maybe finally a guy who WILL take his harem seriously for once, but yet again Author played the logic card at the end. The worst part was definitely Elucia who became his sister for real because why not? We can't have a harem in a harem story, so lets put her in a position that is still close to MC.

-Don't get me wrong though I would still prefer a harem conclusion no matter how bad the anime/manga is because for me it is either Harem or a rom-com that has only one female lead, nothing in between these two. Just like how in rom-com, it is always "and both happily lived ever after" conclusion, it should be the same for harem too "and everyone happily lived ever after". A genre should stick to its genre until the end!
Aug 23, 2016 6:45 AM

Feb 2016
As far as endings go, I prefer a linear ending (even though they always pick wrong) because at least it's an ending. Harem endings feel like a cop-out non-ending where they're just trying to keep things status quo to avoid upsetting shippers. The biggest issue I have with harems is how indecisive or wishy-washy the characters usually are, so having an indecisive, wishy-washy ending is just that much worse for me. Give me an end where MC grows a pair and makes a choice, and stops leading on a bunch of other girls.

You can always have your fave, or your own headcanon where MC picked the best girl instead if it bothers you.
Desert_GuyAug 23, 2016 6:49 AM
Aug 23, 2016 7:18 AM

Nov 2014
Noraf46 said:
As far as endings go, I prefer a linear ending (even though they always pick wrong) because at least it's an ending. Harem endings feel like a cop-out non-ending where they're just trying to keep things status quo to avoid upsetting shippers. The biggest issue I have with harems is how indecisive or wishy-washy the characters usually are, so having an indecisive, wishy-washy ending is just that much worse for me. Give me an end where MC grows a pair and makes a choice, and stops leading on a bunch of other girls.

You can always have your fave, or your own headcanon where MC picked the best girl instead if it bothers you.

-And that is exactly why I moved on to reading harem novels. You should try those Action/harem wuxia novels like Against The Gods, Martial God Asura and Tales of Demons and Gods. All these have badass MCs that treats their harem like ACTUAL HAREM and you will feel that it exists. The only Japanese novel I know that has real harem development throughout the story and where MC isn't your typical edgelord is definitely Moshoku tensei!
Aug 23, 2016 8:57 AM
Apr 2015
If you're gonna do a harem, then you should do a harem ending. Look at what happened to TWGOK, it even had an arc surrounding 6 girls, so we expected someone from the 6 to win, or all of them to win. But we got a side character who never appeared that much and won the Keimabowl.
Aug 23, 2016 8:58 AM

Apr 2015
I'd took harem ending anytime than linear ending where MC don't pick the best grill.
Aug 25, 2016 10:00 AM

Nov 2014
You said:
I'd took harem ending anytime than linear ending where MC don't pick the best grill.

Hello Friend and Comrade, nice to meet you.
Aug 25, 2016 10:07 AM

Nov 2008
I REALLY hate harem endings because I feel like nothing was resolved and I wasted my time waiting for a romance that didn't fully evolve. :(

So yeah, they suck.

Aug 25, 2016 10:18 AM

Feb 2016
It would be hilarious if the ending to generic harem anime would be the MC being gay or if he decided that he would rather date his own sister ove- oh wait the second one would be awful
Aug 25, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2013
Harem shows are notoriously bad at having any meaningful relationship development and often end up having no conclusion. Most ending often comes from nowhere.
Signature removed. It was too good for this cruel world.

More topics from this board

» Which, out of all your favorites, would you be least inclined to recommend to others?

WatchTillTandava - 6 hours ago

28 by Dauphine »»
7 seconds ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

63 by GreatestSaltboy »»
1 minute ago

Poll: » can anime influence your dark side?

deg - 8 hours ago

19 by IpreferEcchi »»
4 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 3 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 23

115 by Voila_ »»
11 minutes ago

» Do you have any favorite opening or ending animations?

RobertBobert - 58 minutes ago

7 by Paul »»
11 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.