Forum Settings
Forums
New
Aug 18, 2016 12:08 PM
Aug 2015
So, "Accel World - Infinite Burst" just came out and I wanna watch it, but the problem is I don't know where to legally watch anime movies. Crunchyroll and Hulu don't work for anime movies, I also tried Daisuki and Funimation but I got the same result which means no result at all. Please help a fellow otaku out.
Aug 18, 2016 12:09 PM

Sep 2015
I would but I don't watch any movies, just series. And them illegally too.. :/

You could always watch the movies illegally too.. I doubt you will get caught
Aug 18, 2016 12:12 PM
Aug 2015
I know, but Japan is hiring "Pirate Hunters" and I don't wanna risk and I wanna help the industry a bit.
Aug 18, 2016 12:46 PM
Feb 2016
Yes, you can watch the first Legend of the Galactic Heroes movie legally for free on youtube. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtrL-WWLU3s
Aug 18, 2016 12:49 PM
Aug 2015
It's not like you support the anime studio by watching legally...
Aug 18, 2016 12:50 PM

May 2015
Stop wasting your time and just watch it on kissanime man
Aug 18, 2016 12:51 PM

Jul 2014
Unless we get a miracle and a publisher picks it up then you ain't getting it. It takes half a year minimum for it to come out illegally let alone legally. For latest films you have to be really patient. Plus films rarely get put up on streaming sites and only get a DVD/BD release later down the line (again assuming someone pickes it up).
'Those who like space, can't be bad people'

Aug 18, 2016 12:55 PM

Jun 2007
The Accel World movie just came out in theaters in Japan last month, which means it won't even be available illegally for several months until the Japanese discs get released. Then it'll have to be picked up by a distributor like Viz before it has a chance of making it to legal streaming sites.

CR does have some movies, like 5 cm/s and Jin-Roh, and Funi has a few as well, though you often have to be a subscriber to view them. Japanese companies are more hesitant to allow things like movies and OVAs, where Japanese audiences have to purchase tickets or discs to see them, to be streamed for free. Animenewsnetwork.com Encyclopedia pages can tell you if a particular movie is legally streaming anywhere.

Afaik the pirate hunters are more interested in busting bootleg streaming sites, not individual viewers. But if buying the movie on disc isn't an option, you can at least minimize industry damage by downloading the movie when it gets subbed instead of watching on an illegal streaming site.

On_the_Lam said:
Citation needed.
Aug 18, 2016 1:00 PM

Sep 2012
shoujogod said:
Just watch on kissanime or download from nyaa.se or any other site like that
Technically it's not illegal for you to watch anything on their sites, the illegal part is on the website's end and has nothing to do with you.

Technically using this kind of sites as user is illegal.

But yea there is no site for this OP.With that mind set watching with torrents should be fine.
Aug 18, 2016 1:03 PM
Aug 2015
Zalis said:
On_the_Lam said:
Citation needed.

Not really. If Japanese studios would benefit from watchers outside of Japan, they would give a shit about the Westerners' opinions. Frankly, they do not.
Aug 18, 2016 1:14 PM

Dec 2012
The quickest legal option to see it is buying the Japanese BD when it comes out on September 28th. I wouldn't recommend it since it is raw and doesn't have English subs and importing is expensive as hell. (A single Japanese BD will cost you $70 USD + Shipping which is over twice as much as you'd pay for a new BD hot off the shelf here in the US) Otherwise you have to wait years for VIZ to get an f-ing clue and license and release it in the states here.
KruszerAug 18, 2016 1:23 PM
"Laws exist only for those who cannot live without clinging onto them."
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 18, 2016 1:18 PM
May 2015
The movie just came out a month ago and no company has licensed the movie yet for international release. The Japanese BD's also won't come out in like.....5 months or so..

Viz Media licensed the original TV series so you're going to have to wait for them to license the movie.

Aug 18, 2016 1:22 PM

Apr 2016
Illegal site-using wusses calling legal users wusses while being too much of a wuss to pay 8 bucks a month for a decent legal site that'll never get taken down under any decent circumstances. No wonder this community sucks :P
CodeBlazeFateAug 18, 2016 1:30 PM
Aug 18, 2016 1:32 PM

Sep 2015
On_the_Lam said:
Zalis said:
Citation needed.

Not really. If Japanese studios would benefit from watchers outside of Japan, they would give a shit about the Westerners' opinions. Frankly, they do not.

you don't really believe that, do you? crunchyroll and funimation buy nearly every seasonal anime license, which are most likely very cheap, and nothing has changed.
only importing blu-rays would change something, but let's be honest - who would pay 40-60 bucks for a volume?

@OP
just download them from some torrent site. yes, it's not legal, but the japanese companies can't really do anything -

Aug 18, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
In all honesty I don't think that's possible.
Aug 18, 2016 1:45 PM

Oct 2015
Nigami_Shin said:
On_the_Lam said:

you don't really believe that, do you? crunchyroll and funimation buy nearly every seasonal anime license, which are most likely very cheap, and nothing has changed.
only importing blu-rays would change something, but let's be honest - who would pay 40-60 bucks for a volume?

@OP
just download them from some torrent site. yes, it's not legal, but the japanese companies can't really do anything -

The western world causes millions of dollars of losses every year to the anime industry, that's why they started their Pirate Hunt. That's why the western world is rarely - if ever - a target audience for anime studios.
Most profits are made from the japanese audience.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Aug 18, 2016 1:54 PM

Sep 2015
sjo said:

The western world causes millions of dollars of losses every year to the anime industry, that's why they started their Pirate Hunt. That's why the western world is rarely - if ever - a target audience for anime studios.

well, like i said, only under the assumption that westerners pay $50 for a blu-ray volume. personally i believe anime wouldn't be very popular in this scenario.

the latest "pirate hunt" isn't the first one, but will probably be as successful as all the others.... :D

Aug 18, 2016 2:01 PM

Oct 2015
Nigami_Shin said:
sjo said:

well, like i said, only under the assumption that westerners pay $50 for a blu-ray volume. personally i believe anime wouldn't be very popular in this scenario.

the latest "pirate hunt" isn't the first one, but will probably be as successful as all the others.... :D

Some would be a lot more expensive where I live, because of shipment service costs and such. I do agree with you, I'm just stating (the obvious). I do think that any you actually can buy something, it wouldn't be a bad idea. Unfortunately, the anime industry isn't doing very well as a whole - that's why we get so many garbage shows - and I doubt it will get better anytime soon.
"I came here to sniff Madoka panties and kick witch ass and I am all out 'doka panties" - Homora Akemi
Aug 18, 2016 2:18 PM
Dec 2015
Just go to www.kissanime.com, you're just wasting the time you could be watching anime, otherwise.
Aug 18, 2016 2:32 PM
Jul 2018
Honestly don't bother with legal sites. You're best off watching movies on GoGoAnime or KissAnime (Don't know if I'm allowed to mention other sites - if not I'll delete it or someone get a mod to remove this). Watching it legally won't help the industry and you'll be wasting your time trying to find an English Sub on a Japanese Website. If these 'pirate hunters' find an illegal streaming sight, they won't be able to take it down unless it's approved by Japan's Court - and it's highly unlikely this will happen because anime is only alive thanks to the Western Culture.
Aug 18, 2016 2:34 PM

Jul 2015
> watching anime LEGALLY in 2016
all hail nyaa.se
Aug 18, 2016 7:05 PM

Feb 2013
Kruszer said:
The quickest legal option to see it is buying the Japanese BD when it comes out on September 28th. I wouldn't recommend it since it is raw and doesn't have English subs and importing is expensive as hell. (A single Japanese BD will cost you $70 USD + Shipping which is over twice as much as you'd pay for a new BD hot off the shelf here in the US) Otherwise you have to wait years for VIZ to get an f-ing clue and license and release it in the states here.
^this is the best post in this thread i m o
Aug 19, 2016 2:04 AM

Jan 2008
You don't normally have a place to watch movies legally online. Series, yes. Movies, very rarely. Why you would insist on watching legally is none of my business, but it is a poor choice.
Aug 19, 2016 2:09 AM

Jun 2015
Buy them legally, if you are a legalfag.
Aug 19, 2016 2:14 AM
Mar 2016
You can wait for the movie to be fully released, and then if you can't find a site to watch, just download it. Download is the best way.
Aug 19, 2016 2:21 AM

Apr 2013
Salamander_Natsu said:
So, "Accel World - Infinite Burst" just came out and I wanna watch it, but the problem is I don't know where to legally watch anime movies. Crunchyroll and Hulu don't work for anime movies, I also tried Daisuki and Funimation but I got the same result which means no result at all. Please help a fellow otaku out.

unfortunatelly, the fastest way is to learn japanese and buy the DVD, not a joke
no streaming service covers everything you want to watch
Aug 19, 2016 2:37 AM
Nov 2014
It has already been mentioned before, if you insist on watching it legally then you need to buy the BD/DVD when it comes out. You are better off pirating it though , since Accel World is shit anyway.
Aug 19, 2016 2:41 AM
Jul 2014
Salokannel2 said:
I would but I don't watch any movies, just series. And them illegally too.. :/

You could always watch the movies illegally too.. I doubt you will get caught

Same here. Kissanime, series only.
Aug 19, 2016 4:38 AM

Jul 2015
Here are your options op.
>watch it illegally and buy the bd when it comes out
>watch illegally and buy the source material (i'm doing this with kizumonogatari)
>buy a figure or other merch.
Aug 19, 2016 11:41 AM

Dec 2012
scruf4ls said:
>watch illegally and buy the source material (i'm doing this with kizumonogatari)

This movie is original material not based on anything in the Accel World novels though, so even if he bought them they would not cover this. It is written by the same author though.
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 19, 2016 11:43 AM

Nov 2011
on your tv

connect your laptop to your tv then watch away
Aug 19, 2016 12:11 PM

Jan 2015
If the movie just came out in Japan, it's not going to be available over here (legally or illegally) for a few months. I'm still waiting for One Piece Gold to be released which was released in Japan last month.

Your best bet would be to be extremely patient or just watch it on kissanime or whatever.

And in regards to the pirate hunters, yeah, good luck Japan. Piracy can't be stopped. Unless the internet ceases to exist that is. Good luck trying to find and arrest every last person watching anime on the million of streaming sites out there. Unless you're in Japan watching it illegally, Japan has no jurisdiction on what people do in other countries. What they can do, however is not license their anime out to other countries, but yeah I don't see that happening since anime is probably more popular outside of Japan than it is in actual Japan, but don't quote me on that.

The company you should be worried about though is Funimation. Now THEY are known to file lawsuits in regards to piracy.
ArillionAug 19, 2016 12:23 PM
Aug 19, 2016 1:01 PM

Jul 2015
Kruszer said:
scruf4ls said:

This movie is original material not based on anything in the Accel World novels though, so even if he bought them they would not cover this. It is written by the same author though.

That's why i gave two other options. My first option is the best one in this case.
Aug 19, 2016 1:32 PM

Dec 2015
On_the_Lam said:
Zalis said:
Citation needed.

changelog_ said:
[...] Watching it legally won't help the industry [...]

Watching legally does help out the industry. You know why they don't care about the western consumers? Because not enough people choose to watch legally to incentivize them to care about the west. Maybe give them a reason to care by showing that you care enough to support their work?

Though I must admit that I watch on Kissanime what I can't find legally, and sadly, that means almost every anime movie. It's a pity that movies often aren't available for legal streaming.
Aug 19, 2016 1:51 PM

Dec 2012
scruf4ls said:

That's why i gave two other options. My first option is the best one in this case.

Agreed. That's what I usually do if I really want to see it badly. Unless, the Japanese BD has English subs, then I would import since Japan and the US have the same BD region. That doesn't happen very often though.
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 19, 2016 2:28 PM

Mar 2016
Salamander_Natsu said:
I know, but Japan is hiring "Pirate Hunters" and I don't wanna risk and I wanna help the industry a bit.
1 Pirate hunter, and I think he' only going after the sites, and also in japan.

Aug 19, 2016 2:45 PM
Jul 2018
Seriously, just watch it illegally. The "pirate hunter" ain't concerned about individual viewers themselves as much as sites that distribute the content. And even there they're going to have a hell of a difficult time trying to take kissanime and other respective "illegal" streaming sites down.
Aug 19, 2016 2:54 PM

Jun 2014
Salamander_Natsu said:

Go to Japan and watch it in the theaters while your local fansubber-kun whispers the english translations in your ear if you're that hellbent on watching it legally.

Aug 19, 2016 3:56 PM

Jan 2015
Also, I just checked. This movie isn't even on kissanime yet. And kissanime keeps their shit updated unlike some sites *cough*animegg*cough cough cough*

So this movie is not even available to watch unless you're in Japan.
Aug 19, 2016 4:10 PM

Aug 2014
Just buy the blu rays. They are pretty cheap especially for stand alone anime movies as you don't have to buy any more stuff to have a complete collection of stuff. For these really renownd anime movies and stuff, blind buying is probably pretty safe. Like I blind brought redline, girl who lept through time, perfect blue, paprika and tokyo godfathers and they were good to amazing.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 19, 2016 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
black1blade said:
Just buy the blu rays. They are pretty cheap especially for stand alone anime movies as you don't have to buy any more stuff to have a complete collection of stuff. For these really renownd anime movies and stuff, blind buying is probably pretty safe. Like I blind brought redline, girl who lept through time, perfect blue, paprika and tokyo godfathers and they were good to amazing.

Some of them really pricey tho.For example Ufotable's BDs
Aug 19, 2016 4:43 PM

Jan 2008
The movie just aired in Japan, that means you have like 6+ months before the actual DVD/BD release unless you're desperate enough for cam-rips. Then add in a couple weeks to an extra month for subbers cause licensers like Funi and Crunchyroll, who don't license movies that fast and rarely upload movies so other sites can't reupload rips of their uploads.

If you're lucky, Netflix or Hulu might upload some of the older films but since I don't use either anymore, I don't know if they upload anything new.

Aside from that, you'r stuck 'illegally' downloading and/or streaming.
PaulAug 19, 2016 4:51 PM
Aug 19, 2016 4:50 PM

Aug 2014
sasalx said:
black1blade said:

Some of them really pricey tho.For example Ufotable's BDs

Yeah I was more refering to licensed anime blu rays that get released by companies like funimation.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Aug 19, 2016 4:52 PM

Dec 2015
Salamander_Natsu said:

Thanks for heads up on Accel World, I did not know the movie came out :D!
Aug 20, 2016 12:32 AM

Dec 2012
Paul said:
The movie just aired in Japan, that means you have like 6+ months before the actual DVD/BD release unless you're desperate enough for cam-rips. Then add in a couple weeks to an extra month for subbers cause licensers like Funi and Crunchyroll, who don't license movies that fast and rarely upload movies so other sites can't reupload rips of their uploads.

The DVD/BD is out next month on the 28th actually, according to CDJapan, so not quite that long. But this is an unusual case of speedy video release at only 2 months after the theatrical debut, usually they do take as long as 6+ months. It will probably be making the rounds fansubed in October sometime.
-Souske Aizen "Bleach"

Aug 20, 2016 7:58 AM

Apr 2016
oh. oh. i know. why not go to japan instead?
Aug 20, 2016 9:43 AM

Nov 2011
Paul said:
If you're lucky, Netflix or Hulu might upload some of the older films but since I don't use either anymore, I don't know if they upload anything new.

with Hulu, you'd have to pay about 10 bucks per month, so you'd pay around $120 a year. not worth it if you just want to watch that one movie.
maybe waiting and buying the bd is the better option, as was already suggested.
You can buy lossless digital music from your favorite Japanese artists on https://ototoy.jp/.
The songs are all DRM-free and you can re-download your purchased albums as you wish.
Show your support to your favorite artist if you can!
ps. if you are looking for Japanese albums, you have to search it in Japanese (not romaji). Just copy and paste the name.

For those who want to learn Japanese through anime
Resources for learning the language
Aug 20, 2016 10:24 AM

Nov 2008
DreamingBeats said:
Paul said:

with Hulu, you'd have to pay about 10 bucks per month, so you'd pay around $120 a year. not worth it if you just want to watch that one movie.
maybe waiting and buying the bd is the better option, as was already suggested.
Netflix is better for TV shows. Their movie selection is far too limited. For movies, I prefer Netflix DVD, which is their mail rental service. They have almost every movie you would want to see, a vast number of them on Blu-ray. I watched more movies last month than I ever have in my life because of Netflix DVD, many of them being expensive Criterion releases. If someone is only interested in one or two movies, they could try the one month free trial.

More topics from this board

» Do we need more 30 year old waifus?

Catalano - 11 hours ago

18 by Subarctic-Forest »»
1 minute ago

» According to MAL, what are your anime hidden gems? ( 1 2 )

NoelleIsSleepy - May 2

94 by Euhi »»
2 minutes ago

» Your favorite anime OP

Goblingaming - Yesterday

37 by laymey »»
9 minutes ago

Poll: » Current MAL Top Favorited Anime

LittleStar - 6 hours ago

19 by DarkShame2 »»
48 minutes ago

» What does it mean when you rate an anime 6? ( 1 2 3 )

Akuya - May 1

110 by rbp_pbr2 »»
51 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.