Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »
Aug 18, 2016 7:55 AM

Apr 2010
royaldocks said:
wuhugm said:
Will Berseria and Zestiria actually cross later?

That is what Im hoping for.. If not this two episodes are a waste(I know they are promoting the game) This transition is so out of place if they wont cross over later on or if Velvet dont appear later on again.

seriously?? so this 2 episode has no significance whatsoever for Zestiria?? why didn't they just made a separate OVA for Berseria?? I've lost 2 episodes of my Zestiria goodness here.. ugh..
Aug 18, 2016 8:29 AM

Jan 2010
After watching this episode I'm more hyped for Tales of Berseria.
Fricking loved Velvet in episode 5 and 6. Beautiful, sexy and absolute badass af.

It's been a long while ago since I watched an anime with so much beautiful visuals and CGI. Absolutely stunned me.
IzekyuAug 18, 2016 8:33 AM
Aug 18, 2016 9:10 AM

Jul 2016
tinman21 said:
royaldocks said:

That is what Im hoping for.. If not this two episodes are a waste(I know they are promoting the game) This transition is so out of place if they wont cross over later on or if Velvet dont appear later on again.

seriously?? so this 2 episode has no significance whatsoever for Zestiria?? why didn't they just made a separate OVA for Berseria?? I've lost 2 episodes of my Zestiria goodness here.. ugh..
tinman21 said:
royaldocks said:

While other episodes (1-4) required no game knowledge, episode 5-6 (and to some extend, episode 0) requires knowledge of the game (Tales of Zestiria). You can compensate by watching game-trailers of Berseria as well.

There is a connection to be made, but it is not easily made by people who did not play the game.

Perhaps this could be useful information to you --- there is at least 3 characters who are somewhat related to Berseria (they haven't been introduced yet). All of them were directly affected by Velvet's actions.

Dots will have to be connected for anime-viewer.

Aug 18, 2016 9:22 AM

Apr 2010
FrozenSheep said:
While other episodes (1-4) required no game knowledge, episode 5-6 (and to some extend, episode 0) requires knowledge of the game (Tales of Zestiria). You can compensate by watching game-trailers of Berseria as well.

There is a connection to be made, but it is not easily made by people who did not play the game.

Perhaps this could be useful information to you --- there is at least 3 characters who are somewhat related to Berseria (they haven't been introduced yet). All of them were directly affected by Velvet's actions.

ok, thanks.. it's actually my first time watching a Tales anime and never played any of the games too, so I'm kinda coming in blind here.. probably gonna play the games if the anime delivers its goods..
Aug 18, 2016 9:39 AM

Jul 2016
tinman21 said:
FrozenSheep said:

ok, thanks.. it's actually my first time watching a Tales anime and never played any of the games too, so I'm kinda coming in blind here.. probably gonna play the games if the anime delivers its goods..

You don't need to play the game (although some people would be happy if you did buy it). Think of it as a Haruhi-like anime --- You won't be able to connect dots on your first watch, but watching it a 2nd time, you will understand so much more (since it wasn't released in chronological orders).

Well, that's what I think anyway. The Anime hasn't ended. Maybe they will connect the dots for you in later episodes.

Aug 18, 2016 1:13 PM

Jun 2011
As of now, it's extremely likely Velvet will appear in cour 2.
Aug 18, 2016 1:19 PM

Apr 2015
This episode just looked mega awkward a lot of the time.
Aug 18, 2016 5:45 PM

Jul 2015
Oscar talks a lot. We got evil looking girl's backstory and her group is starting to form I guess. Also love the witch girl and her theme, like, just brought this huge stupid smile too my face. Too bad I apparently won't be seeing her next week, but they do need to finish that other part.
A Wild and Small Otaku has Appeared!
Aug 19, 2016 12:06 AM
Sep 2014
i hate the part when this stupid cliche kicks in --> that damned blonde knight was nowhere when the party went gangbang on the dragon, and suddenly, he back again to attack velvet on the last moment.
Dafuk where have you been? hiding?
Aug 19, 2016 12:56 AM

Sep 2012
How the hell are people only NOW realizing that this anime is advertisement for the game? Jfc people...

As awkward as these two random ToB episodes where, I am glad they are stopping here. They shouldn't have made this anime about ToB itself as that would just fucking spoil the whole damn game that we won't get until early 2017. That's just a fucking dumb idea right there. "Let's make an anime about a game that isn't even out yet and spoil the whole plot and lower the potential sales it would have gotten from people not in the fanbase." Yeah, gg. I'll miss seeing the lovely Velvet and Maggy though.

Don't like Oscar so far. Seems like the annoying dude that thinks he's everything. Hope he dies in the game later on (doubt it, but hey, you never know). 8D Or at least see him less than I think he'll end up appearing. Right, he reminds me of a certain idiot maid back in Xillia, but in a more noble, knightly manner.
Maggy is best girl after Velvet. Her attacks with her cards are great. She'll probably be my party leader in-game...
I already know the background about seraph shouta boy (I hate trying to spell their damn name), but his resemblance to her brother can't help but make the happy-ending for everyone in me speculate. It'd be great if at the very end of the game we learned that he is her brother with a miracle ass-pull plot twist.

Anyways, back is Zesty.
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 19, 2016 1:21 AM

Jun 2011
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
How the hell are people only NOW realizing that this anime is advertisement for the game? Jfc people...

Obviously, these two episodes r advertisement for the game but they will most definitely include lots of Beseria stuff in second cour. Now that Beseria is out. Most jap would've finished the game by the time second cour release.
Aug 19, 2016 1:29 AM

Sep 2012
Theorder14 said:
Obviously, these two episodes r advertisement for the game but they will most definitely include lots of Beseria stuff in second cour. Now that Beseria is out. Most jap would've finished the game by the time second cour release.

I'm questionable about that. Because NA/EU won't be getting it until early 2017. Second cour is supposed to be out in winter, right? I mean, maybe if we get the game in January, it might be fine, but otherwise, we'll be the ones that end up getting spoiled. Not sure if Bandai is down for that. Though, for all I know, they couldn't care a rat's ass about us and do it anyways. xD
Friends are there to lend a hand when you can’t do something on your own. It’s not one person doing all the work protecting everyone, we help each other when in need. That’s what friends are for.
Aug 19, 2016 7:55 AM

Jul 2016
bubblin said:
i hate the part when this stupid cliche kicks in --> that damned blonde knight was nowhere when the party went gangbang on the dragon, and suddenly, he back again to attack velvet on the last moment.

Perhaps you have missed the part where he was exhausted after trying to restrain the Dragon. He used all his energy and couldn't move...

Aug 19, 2016 6:08 PM
Apr 2013
shepa11 said:
I'm pretty sure its called Ageless Moon, but I can't find anything on the internet.

If you lurk hard enough, you can find it. Now, what's the song in the credits-before-the-credits? The one with the pipe organ.
Aug 20, 2016 4:46 AM

Mar 2010
FrozenSheep said:
bubblin said:

Perhaps you have missed the part where he was exhausted after trying to restrain the Dragon. He used all his energy and couldn't move...

and his barrier broke too, heh but still abit impressive when he alone manage to hold the barrier for few seconds after the other exorcist exhausted to dead
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 20, 2016 7:45 AM

Sep 2011
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Am I just watching a fucking advert for Tales of Zesteria/Beseria?! I guess this is what happens when you try to adapt a 40 hour long game into a 13 episode anime.
split cour series are just 2 cour shows seperated by a break, its not a 40 hour game into 13 episodes.

also zestiria has a ton of gameplay filler, the story is actually quite short once you remove alot of the fluff gameplay wise and then even more when you cut out the story filler, even with wasting time with these 2 episodes they shouldnt have any problem fitting in the plot into the remaing episodes, hell they may need to prolong certain bits cause after the full party is introduced the storyline comes to a complete halt pacing wise which the anime can fix

Kazuto_Katsuragi said:

Don't like Oscar so far. Seems like the annoying dude that thinks he's everything. Hope he dies in the game later on (doubt it, but hey, you never know).
dont know why youd think now, tales pretty much goes all in with killing antagonists especially in the darker entries which berseria seems to be. His only real way to survive is if hes a surprise party member
JizzyHitlerAug 20, 2016 7:49 AM

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 20, 2016 8:45 AM

Aug 2010
I need the game now!
Aug 20, 2016 4:24 PM

Jul 2016
I'm not sure if this belongs here, but right now, Tales of Zestiria is only $8 (or lower). I'm not sure how long it will last. If I'm not allowed to make such posts, feel free to delete it!

I checked Steam Store, but it has shown the full price (CND$ 55). However, in the following link, you can get it for cheap (Bandai Namco store).

If you are even remotely interested in this game, I don't think such occasion will happen anytime soon!

It's on PC (Steam) only. PS3 and PS4 versions are much pricier.

Aug 20, 2016 5:41 PM

Sep 2012
JizzyHitler said:
dont know why youd think now, tales pretty much goes all in with killing antagonists especially in the darker entries which berseria seems to be. His only real way to survive is if hes a surprise party member

Yeah, but he's more of a side antagonist. One, you'd fight maybe, 2-3 times in certain areas for story sake, then during the last fight, he gives up or realizes that his boss might be wrong, or some shit. Though I do feel like his exorcist group (Artorius's handymen) will have a few deaths if not just one.
Aug 20, 2016 5:44 PM

Sep 2011
Kazuto_Katsuragi said:
JizzyHitler said:

Yeah, but he's more of a side antagonist. One, you'd fight maybe, 2-3 times in certain areas for story sake, then during the last fight, he gives up or realizes that his boss might be wrong, or some shit. Though I do feel like his exorcist group (Artorius's handymen) will have a few deaths if not just one.
i honestly cant recall that really happening save for 1 character in innocence near the very end, the side antagonists tend to go down with their masters and oscar in particular seems to be super loyal and fully aware as to whats going on. Even if he wises up he will likely die regardless especially cause when tales goes for the darker slant it tends to just off people in loads like how xillia 2 and abyss more or less killed off most of its supporting cast

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Aug 21, 2016 10:47 AM
Apr 2016
Didn't really pay attention to the actual story much, I hope it goes back to the main plot soon. But the action scenes are incredible. The use of CGI doesn't really fit because of the 2D characters and things, but it's so good I can't complain.
Aug 21, 2016 2:19 PM

Dec 2009
So the opening for the game looks really cool.

But seriously 2 episodes dedicated to Berseria when the anime is called Zestiria. Probably could've just made an OVA for Berseria in that case.
Aug 21, 2016 11:44 PM

Mar 2014
They really should of just made the last two episodes into a separate OVA or something imo.
Pretty sure the anime only watchers are like wtf is going on lol
MAL: A community that thinks every anime is bad, but rates everything a 7/10.
Aug 24, 2016 6:55 AM

Apr 2015
finally a better episode .. I was kinda disappoint when another plot came in previous eps ...
4th times getting signature banned wtf
Aug 27, 2016 9:05 PM

Aug 2014
What a mouthful :

I honestly don't want to go back to Sorey and co., I've fallen hard for Velvet <3

I really want Artorius dead... not because I was touched by Velvet's story or anything , I'm just tired of everybody mentioning the guy's name every chance they get xD.
KashKetchumAug 27, 2016 10:48 PM
Aug 28, 2016 3:29 AM

May 2014
Too bad I really find Seres a pretty interesting character but looks like we won't be seeing her anymore :/

And again, we have stunning visuals and amazing soundtracks. Amazing episode, although there were some parts I didn't like where the dragon's movements looked odd. The insert song at the middle of the episode reminds me of MYTH & ROID though.

(+) That theme song at the end is pretty catchy along with great animation and action.
5/5
Aug 28, 2016 1:08 PM

Apr 2015
Seres sacrificing herself was pretty sad to see tbh.

Velvet going beastmode got me quite scared lol.

Anyway great episode.

Btw Jester girl was hilarious hahaha.
Sep 2, 2016 10:26 AM

Apr 2016
Velvet is really cool, can't wait to get my hands on the game! (o.o)
Sep 17, 2016 3:08 AM

Apr 2014
I liked Seres.. :(
Sep 29, 2016 5:32 PM

Jul 2009
I am enjoying Velvet and the witch are pretty cool, but now it came from nowhere...
Oct 7, 2016 9:51 PM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
another nice episode "of the dark" ;)
Oct 8, 2016 10:17 AM

Jan 2014
damn, velvet is a waifu material. doujin-able too.
I wonder why a good story like this only in a game that I can't play.
Oct 15, 2016 7:10 AM

Nov 2011
As closure of a spinoff that had to do with the characters not really related to the story in question, I admit that the narrative, while not referring to certain aspects of identifying character, was well managed; at least the "power ups" have not arrived carelessly, but in a reasoned way. Choreography, was enthralling clash between Velvet and Oscar. Excellent designs and animations, ditto for the OST.
Oct 20, 2016 10:21 PM

Mar 2015
Velvet is awesome

RIP Seres :(

Obligatory powerful loli has appeared
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Oct 26, 2016 10:20 AM

Aug 2013
What the hell. I'm here to watch Tales of Zestiria, not Tales of Berseria. I just find it weird that they add this 2 episode advertisement in the middle of the series. I've never played the games so I was confused about the sudden shift. I had to read this thread to figure out what was going on.

If they want make an anime of Tales of Berseria then I'm all for it. Just don't insert it in the middle of another show. It's just confusing as hell.
Oct 29, 2016 3:42 PM

May 2015
horrible as a stand alone anime, not only are these 2 episodes disruptive to the main series, they make no sense by themselves (why would you introduce someone who seems to be a main character, keep everything mysterious about her and then kill her off for no reason at all, before we could get attached to her and still try to make it seem melodramatic. feels like they just wasted my time) and as far as i can see there is no anime followup out yet on these 2 ep. Should have just been a promotional OVA. From the perspective of berseria fans it might be a nice introduction to the game, but again that's what OVA's are for...
pandabladeOct 29, 2016 3:48 PM

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 7, 2016 2:53 AM

Sep 2010
Anyone knows the name of artist and title of the music when in episode 6 was this battle.
Was trying to find it but failed terribly.

It sounds like Kalafina but in some way also heard May'n voice and Im confused now.
Nov 29, 2016 1:48 AM

Jul 2013
Damn that fight scene. Eyegasm. Though when they sailed on the boat the visuals kinda became different. The sky and the sea was so realistic it's like mixing 2d and 3d.
Dec 8, 2016 7:28 AM

Jul 2014
Zestiria.... Berseria... what...?

I actually enjoyed watching eps. 5 + 6 and judging by the end creds/preview, the next episode will go back to the main story with Sorey. Well, good.

When I saw ep. 5 I actually had to stop around the half-way mark because I thought something went wrong (like I somehow ended up watching an entirely different show) only to find out it's based of another game from the same franchise or something like that.

Sorry, I didn't/don't play Tales of Zestiria and I didn't even know it was based off a game until I researched a little about this anime shortly before I started watching it. I still really enjoy and like the story and the characters despite it though.

But from the perspective of someone who knows nothing about the franchise, I felt absolutely lost after watching episodes 5 & 6. Yes, I still liked it and would actually like to watch more of that Velvet's story line but it was simply out of place especially since they just threw it in there when things were getting good with the other story line with Sorey. They should have just made it into an OVA or into an entirely different anime. @_@
. . . . . . . . . .
DO NOT touch my rice. . . . . .
I'm Asian. . . . . .
Jan 3, 2017 3:18 AM

Dec 2012
Daemon May Cry!
Such a good episode

Feb 5, 2017 1:44 PM

Jul 2013
After buying Tales of Berseria today, I decided to rewatch those two special episodes, and, well, fate is very curious. The first time I watched this I wouldn't have guessed I would ended buying the game.

Ironic the Velvet vs Oscar fight ended being my favorite fight of Tales of Zestiria the X when it wasn't even part of Zestiria's plot.
BURN is such a Godlike opening, I swear.
Feb 12, 2017 2:13 PM

May 2012
Pretty intense episode I must say, I really love where this is going!
Feb 14, 2017 10:20 AM

May 2008
Gotta love Bandai Namco's thinking of NOT taking advantage of a Zestiria adaptation to fix its' story. And they're wondering why they aren't doing so well.

Anyways, Ufotable's CGI boner was out of control this episode. If you have to CGI a freaking bird in a 2D anime, you need to seek consoling. Hilariously enough, the same bird isn't even CGI'd in the Berseria OP they had at the end.

Other than the CGI hell, I do like Velvet and her 2 comrades. Entertaining and not all doom and gloom like the rest of the cast. Oscar is a total tool, though, so he'll either turn into a good guy or die as is.
Mar 4, 2017 7:24 PM
Mar 2012
Hopefully they explain how & what year the Berseria 'flashback' relates to current timeline.
This arc the ambience/mood is much stronger. Velvet seems an amazing mc, demon eye guy quite mysterious, and the funny pink magician, actually make me want to buy the game (admittedly effective ad, tho it's in the middle of zestiria), but i'll abstain for my large game backlog.
Her powers style is like a mix of twinstar & godeater that could be fun as a game mechanic.
2 EDs this arc seem like the game trailers, feels spoilerish on their abilities but cool nonetheless. Ocean waves, boat & dragon fight look fantastic.
Oscar, that's one cowardly knight who lacks individual thought & believes everything's fate is set, such a tool.
rip Seres, wasn't too surprising as she seemed just a guide spirit.
Apr 7, 2017 6:08 PM
Apr 2015
Sighhhhh , smh I'm ready to get back to zestria
Apr 13, 2017 6:17 PM

Sep 2011
Wow wasn't feeling it the last episode but this one didn't disappoint!
May 19, 2017 10:18 AM
May 2017
Would be pretty cool if Velvet became the new Lord of Calamity though... :D
Sep 1, 2017 1:30 AM
Nov 2012
Oscar's sword is blunt as shit.
I was wondering how they were going to tie in this story to the main one, after reading some wiki events in Berseria precede the ones in Zestiria, but it barely gives enough background information to be a worthy flashback.

This was more of a name-dropping promotional video for berseria.
Still, the animation was pretty flashy. I like it.
Jan 6, 2018 1:43 PM

Sep 2017
Magilou was very Magilou in this episode, plus some very well animated action sequences. I definitely approve

Only downside is I don't think they've really done enough to ensure everything makes sense for people who haven't played the games. It's awesome when you have context for everything, but not so good as a standalone anime
Aug 15, 2018 10:44 AM

Jun 2013
Maelkor said:
shepa11 said:
I'm pretty sure its called Ageless Moon, but I can't find anything on the internet.

If you lurk hard enough, you can find it. Now, what's the song in the credits-before-the-credits? The one with the pipe organ.

It sounds like a variation of a theme in the Tales of Berseria OST, titled "Will and Reason":

It can be considered as the leitmotif for the antagonists' faction in the game by the way.
Pages (5) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Sep 25, 2016

188 by bushman66 »»
Dec 6, 2023 6:09 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 11, 2016

138 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:31 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 4, 2016

105 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:30 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 28, 2016

128 by bushman66 »»
Dec 5, 2023 5:28 PM

Poll: » Tales of Zestiria the X Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Tyrel - Jul 10, 2016

220 by bushman66 »»
Nov 22, 2023 11:38 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.