Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Aug 7, 2016 12:57 PM

Aug 2015
QcK_Dagger_HeaT said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:

Well, I'm not sure if they're actually eaten. I just assumed it cause it's Gluttony. But you're probably right.

So you seem to want to know so I am going to put in the spoiler tag the main abilities of the white whale of gluttony.

No thanks, I heard it'll be explained next episode. I've been semi-spoiled already too, so i'll refrain.
Aug 7, 2016 12:57 PM
Jan 2015
Crusch really shined in this episode. Before she was being a bitch to Subaru, but know we see she's just really cautious. She's looking to be like one of those strong female badasses in anime like Riza Hawkeye or Erza. She may think she can tell who's lying but no one can see through Subaru like Rem

I laughed so hard at the alarm song signaling their doom
Aug 7, 2016 12:58 PM

Sep 2013
glad to see Subaru back to being himself and doing a great job with negotiations by using all the things he learned. Also I loved that last part where rem and subaru went ahead of everyone.

Aug 7, 2016 1:00 PM

Sep 2015
FragOutFire said:
So Wilhelm's wife also came from another world and that's how everyone remembers her, right?

No Wilhelms wife is from this world there is only one other character besides Subaru that's from a different world that I know of.
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Aug 7, 2016 1:01 PM
Nov 2015
I don't think any episode for this series or any others from this season will be able to top last week's but this episode was still pretty decent even though there wasn't much action. I even laughed a little! (Am I watching the right show?)

I hated how they reused footage during the whale fight, ALREADY. If you need to reuse footage then just put the ending theme.

Also, I assumed people forgot about anyone who got eaten by the White whale, but when you think about it, they only forget people who aren't important to them.

4/5
Aug 7, 2016 1:02 PM

Dec 2014
akaban said:
Hatsuyuki said:
You wanna tell me Subaru's cellphone battery lasted through all these events ? What the fuck is he using, nokia, plot armor ?????

Yea I wonder too but think of it, there is no network so the cellphone is not connected to any network allowing lesser energy consumption. Plus it is on stand by most of the time so seems legit. The problem is how did he know the exact hour of the Whale's appearance? Did he remember it ? dunno

They showed it in the episode, he was using his phone at the time of the attack to shine light at the map and things around him. He just happened to memorise the time.
Aug 7, 2016 1:03 PM
Jul 2016
LordGreenWolf said:
Is it just me or has episodes 1-18 just been in sense a giant prologue to an even bigger story. It feels like everything thus far has just been a setup for Subaru getting grounded and now he is finally ready to do stuff.

This is what should know

This Story is way but way too big xD

From what I Heard xD

They in the Begining had to cut a lot of stuff not in anime, but in the WN , Imagine that they write 250 000 ,the Company it self Cut off, 250 000 to like 170 000 (Numbers not real)....and they adapted all this ,to the Final Episode that will be Completely Shock.I know what will happen so yeah no shock for me:)

In my opinion, What Happen in this episode should happen earlier, in the Mansion Arc ( the Dog Bite ) It was just too big for me,but I think the Author made that on Purpose so yeah...
Killerb96Aug 7, 2016 1:09 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 1:03 PM

Apr 2015
danieltortoisee said:
Nice to see things finally go well for Subaru for once, but where did he ever learn about those "magical stones" that he was using in the negotiations with Crusch? This episode is literally the first time such things have ever been mentioned (as far as I remember), so it does seem a tad convenient.

He did learn about those in episode 9. He is referring to the magical stones that keep off the mabeasts. They're extremely rare and apparently you can mine them within Roswaal's territory. Since mabeasts are a world wide plague these stones are extremely valuable in order to keep your territory safe.
Aug 7, 2016 1:04 PM

Apr 2015
SirKurt said:
Isn't there a possibility Master Swordsman (Kensei) is alive. Because she is not forgotten. White Whale may selectively remove people from memories. But I think everyone who is killed/eaten by it is ERASED. Because we don't have a counter evidence up until now. So I believe Kensei is alive.

Willhelm mentioned that he has yet to visit her grave which confirms that she is physically dead but nor forgotten.

It's been hinted at that the Whale seems to have a dangerous fog which is most likely the cause of this erasing.
Aug 7, 2016 1:05 PM
Dec 2015
I hope they kill the Beast but take so much time doing so that Emilia dies anyways.
Aug 7, 2016 1:05 PM

Jan 2013
SEBZxELITE said:
Hey im a bit confused, I thought that anyone killed by the whale is forgotten?

So how do these knights remember their fallen partners?

if the whale eats a person then the person is forgoten

a huge ass whale does not have to eat someone to kill
Aug 7, 2016 1:06 PM

Dec 2014
thelectricow said:
I don't think any episode for this series or any others from this season will be able to top last week's but this episode was still pretty decent even though there wasn't much action. I even laughed a little! (Am I watching the right show?)

I hated how they reused footage during the whale fight, ALREADY. If you need to reuse footage then just put the ending theme.

Also, I assumed people forgot about anyone who got eaten by the White whale, but when you think about it, they only forget people who aren't important to them.

4/5

So how did Ram forget about Rem when the whale killed her? Your theory seems a bit off. I think it wasnt the whale that killed the knight's partners.
Aug 7, 2016 1:06 PM

Mar 2010
Hatsuyuki said:
You wanna tell me Subaru's cellphone battery lasted through all these events ? What the fuck is he using, nokia, plot armor ?????

alpha_shadow said:
The fact that his cell still had some battery left seems like a bunch of bull to me but whatever, Re:Zero isn't the most intelligent series.

Christ people, it's a battery powered flip-phone and not a smartphone. Those things can last a month without any use.
Aug 7, 2016 1:07 PM

Apr 2015
LordGreenWolf said:
Is it just me or has episodes 1-18 just been in sense a giant prologue to an even bigger story. It feels like everything thus far has just been a setup for Subaru getting grounded and now he is finally ready to do stuff.

It's never been directly stated to be a prologue by the author but it's supposed to be seen as such. Episode 1-18 are around 10% of the story and mark the prologue, yes.
Aug 7, 2016 1:07 PM

Oct 2014
it seems some people here never had a Nokia :^)
Aug 7, 2016 1:08 PM

Jan 2013
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Can anyone explain how those people want revenge if the whale devours its victim's existences? Can it choose whose existences get wiped?

no if a whale squishes someone with its body then its all good but if the whale eats someone whole then it also erases their existence
there are some other stuff as well but thats for later
Former AMQ God

Sep 2014
Shrimperor said:
it seems some people here never had a Nokia :^)

That means some people are too young to know. Kappa

Oct 2013
For a moment there, I was worried that the whale might not show up!
Jan 2015
SirKurt said:
Isn't there a possibility Master Swordsman (Kensei) is alive. Because she is not forgotten. White Whale may selectively remove people from memories. But I think everyone who is killed/eaten by it is ERASED. Because we don't have a counter evidence up until now. So I believe Kensei is alive.

TRRUUUUUUUEE. But that brings up another question, because if everyone who is killed by it is forgotten, then how would anyone know if the whale ever killed?

That would mean the whale has killed far more than they think it has, and those that they think are killed are probably captured and used somehow
Nov 2015
SEBZxELITE said:
thelectricow said:

4/5

So how did Ram forget about Rem when the whale killed her? Your theory seems a bit off. I think it wasnt the whale that killed the knight's partners.

Yeah you're right, that's possible. LN readers say it'll be explained next episode so I'll wait.
Feb 2014
SEBZxELITE said:
akaban said:

Yea I wonder too but think of it, there is no network so the cellphone is not connected to any network allowing lesser energy consumption. Plus it is on stand by most of the time so seems legit. The problem is how did he know the exact hour of the Whale's appearance? Did he remember it ? dunno

They showed it in the episode, he was using his phone at the time of the attack to shine light at the map and things around him. He just happened to memorise the time.

You're right I did not figure it out but indeed he just remembered it
Aug 7, 2016 1:09 PM

Apr 2015
juicykitten95 said:

Actually that's not correct. We don't know yet what causes people to be forgotten.

Right now it's only an assumption that people are forgotten if they're consumed because people can't think of anything better. Just wait :)
Aug 7, 2016 1:10 PM

Dec 2014
Fappa said:
juicykitten95 said:

Actually that's not correct. We don't know yet what causes people to be forgotten.

Right now it's only an assumption that people are forgotten if they're consumed because people can't think of anything better. Just wait :)

perhaps the whale sends them back to the real world?

Just a stupid theory lol
Aug 7, 2016 1:10 PM

Aug 2015
juicykitten95 said:
AvidAnimeViewer said:
Can anyone explain how those people want revenge if the whale devours its victim's existences? Can it choose whose existences get wiped?

no if a whale squishes someone with its body then its all good but if the whale eats someone whole then it also erases their existence
there are some other stuff as well but thats for later

I've been told/spoiled, and heard it gets explained next episode. It doesn't bother me much since I'd already guessed it, but I regret asking this. I've learned my lesson.
Aug 7, 2016 1:11 PM

Aug 2014
namedrisk said:
Imjustthatdude said:
best anime ... is gintama

Fail comments are fail no matter how you look at it.
nah man the truth hurts sorry to say :(
Aug 7, 2016 1:12 PM
Jul 2016
Something is not right... correct me if i am wrong,

If the white whale when he defeat his opponent will erase his existence... how the hell do Van Astrea remember his wife and also all those old men remember their relatives?
Aug 7, 2016 1:13 PM

Jan 2016
Nokia's are the most indestructible and powerful beings in existence. This is known.

Just throw it at the whale, it'll be like being falcon punched by 100x bigger
Aug 7, 2016 1:13 PM
Jul 2016
NaruNaruNaru said:

If the white whale when he defeat his opponent will erase his existence... how the hell do Van Astrea remember his wife and also all those old men remember their relatives?

Search some previous Reply Already explan
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 7, 2016 1:14 PM
Mar 2014
Decent episode...

Edit: Argh, wanted to insert an GIF I created... but why doesn't it work?? :(
Knight of the Obsidian Order
Nth incarnation of NRVNQSR

Animatic (Anime-fanatic)

Jan 2016
NaruNaruNaru said:

The wife also came from this world and learned their magic swordsmanship bullshit as a normal human

holy shit, she was epic

Apr 2015
People assume that the whale has to eat someone in order to erase their existence.

The thing is how would they have bodies to bury and gravestones without any names if the whale ate them?

Clearly the whale doesn't have to physically eat them in order to erase their existence.

Crusch actually hinted towards the fog that it produces being extremely dangerous.
Aug 7, 2016 1:15 PM

Jun 2014
Jagd84 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

alpha_shadow said:
The fact that his cell still had some battery left seems like a bunch of bull to me but whatever, Re:Zero isn't the most intelligent series.

Christ people, it's a battery powered flip-phone and not a smartphone. Those things can last a month without any use.

Keep telling yourself that.
Edit: Also I'm done discussing about this, since it's pointless.
:3
Aug 7, 2016 1:16 PM

Jan 2012
akaban said:
Hatsuyuki said:

It was showed it in this episode that it's because the phone flipped open during their escape from the whale :) So he saw the time on the phone.
Aug 7, 2016 1:17 PM

Apr 2015
NaruNaruNaru said:

Never did it say anywhere that the whale defeating his opponent leads to their existence getting erased.

Theresia van Astrea is the best example that people can still die through the whale but not be forgotten.

The mentioning of graves without any names on it supports this. The whale killing a person != erasing their existence
Aug 7, 2016 1:18 PM

Apr 2007
I keep telling myself Rem can't get anymore perfect, and I'm proven wrong every single time.
Aug 7, 2016 1:18 PM

May 2013
Fappa said:

And then it's Subaru who is rushing forward instead of being in the backlines pretending to do something only to justify himself. This shows that Subaru slowly but steadily actually wants to do things but doesn't hesitate everywhere because of his weaknesses.

At that moment it looks more like because Rem is having his back but overal you're right.
Aug 7, 2016 1:19 PM

Oct 2012
So I guess this is the last try? Cause there would be no point running all those alliances again just like in the previous arc.
Sadly, I think we just saw Rem's death flag as she'll probably do the same as the last time.

Still, it bothers me that there are still cultist to deal with, even if he defeats the whale there is no telling if he can save Emilia.
Aug 7, 2016 1:20 PM

Jan 2016
Why didn't the mercenaries prepare any long-range weapons? Are they hoping the whale will comply and float down lower so they can flail at it with their swords?

Jan 2013
alpha_shadow said:

y its BS that the phone is still working

they could have used some magic to power its battery which would be a bit less bs
Sep 2015
This episode was really beautiful. I loved it.
Nothing more to say.
Aug 7, 2016 1:21 PM
Dec 2015
juicykitten95 said:
alpha_shadow said:

they could have used some magic to power its battery which would be a bit less bs

Techically making batteries isn't that hard. Although you probably have to control the voltage.
Aug 7, 2016 1:23 PM

Jan 2016
This was so well done!

The ringtone and the whale appearing was so epic and tense. The minutes just flew by.

Great episode! Only 6 more to go ):
Aug 7, 2016 1:24 PM

Jul 2012
I'm so happy to see Subaru using the things he learned from his other deaths. Mah boy I'm so proud (pleasedon'tscrewthisupagain) *-*

FragOutFire said:
Nokia's are the most indestructible and powerful beings in existence. This is known.
Just throw it at the whale, it'll be like being falcon punched by 100x bigger

LOL THIS! Subaru should make a Nokia Sword.

Aug 7, 2016 1:25 PM

Jan 2013
Idiotproofninja said:
juicykitten95 said:

Techically making batteries isn't that hard. Although you probably have to control the voltage.

our pro gamer neet probably has no clue how batteries work
Aug 7, 2016 1:26 PM
Apr 2016
Rem is bae, Subaru is cucking himself https://youtu.be/bxP623ZWuFc
Aug 7, 2016 1:31 PM

Dec 2010
pretty good episode, with a nice buildup. it's good to see subaru learning from past mistakes. they really should eliminate the comedy from this series.
Aug 7, 2016 1:33 PM
Jul 2018
Look up in the sky! It's a bird? It's a plane? No, it's the WHITE WHALE!!

A dragon that is known for its big pride liking Subaru makes me think even more that Subaru is one of the seven deadly sins.
Was a okay episode i guess, we just got to know more about some side characters but other than that not much happen. Next episode hype.
Aug 7, 2016 1:33 PM

Apr 2015
FragOutFire said:
Why didn't the mercenaries prepare any long-range weapons? Are they hoping the whale will comply and float down lower so they can flail at it with their swords?

Before I dive into spoiler territory, just wait for the next episode :)
Aug 7, 2016 1:34 PM

Jan 2014
Yaash! finally some progress again╭( ・ㅂ・)و
Aug 7, 2016 1:36 PM

Sep 2015
Jagd84 said:
Hatsuyuki said:

alpha_shadow said:

The Nokia plot armor is REAL ;)
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Pages (18) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Julius is annoying AF

BroDa2545 - Apr 24

32 by KuyaC »»
Yesterday, 8:20 AM

» To the people who don't like Re:Zero, Why? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

opal_shimmer - Feb 20, 2021

250 by Megaman-is-hard1 »»
Apr 23, 8:53 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 18, 2016

1722 by Grazzerz »»
Apr 21, 10:54 PM

» Isn't it more realistic for Emilia to fall in love with Reinhard than Subaru? ( 1 2 )

Sanjay63773 - Apr 4

69 by Altofanime »»
Apr 20, 3:11 PM

Poll: » Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - May 8, 2016

527 by XionnaMing »»
Apr 19, 10:26 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.