Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Sep 16, 2016 3:41 PM

May 2011
PERSONA 4 ARENA MOVIES WHEN?!?
Sep 17, 2016 11:00 AM

Jan 2012
That thing at the end... was that freaking Ameno-sagiri?
Oct 12, 2016 8:50 PM

Mar 2012
This was so much better than the other movies, I'm really thankful they changed the director. Everything was so well executed and it was feelsy as hell, beautiful conclusion.
Nov 9, 2016 9:14 PM

Jul 2016
Cried like a little kid. The feels are strong in this one.

10/10

Persona 3 has one of the mos touching endings I have ever witnessed and delivers a wonderful message.

The other 2 ones are SBR and Stone Ocean.
Nov 11, 2016 8:21 PM

Nov 2011
Ah I think they crafted the perfect ending for this film and entire movie series. Wasn't even a fan of Aegis but the way they presented her character in the beginning towards the end made me like her more.

The Nyx battle was pretty fun to watch too. Yuki's characterization in this movie didn't impress me originally but by the end of it, I was on board. 7/10.
Nov 20, 2016 5:55 AM

Dec 2010
I was waiting for Messiah to appear at the end and I am not disappointed!
9/10 because no Elizabeth x Makoto scene <3
and that post credit scene (ambiguous)
Dec 6, 2016 11:27 PM

Mar 2012
I can't even begin to describe how incredibly terrible this was....In fact, this movie itself doesn't even deserve a critique, it was just that bad.

All i gotta say is, If i was playing FF7 (example), and it gave me the ability to beat Sephiroth out of the random blue despite being obviously outleveled and outmatched, after hyping up the entire time that its impossible. I would throw that shit in the trash.

Biggest asspull ever award goes to...

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment"
Dec 15, 2016 5:02 AM

Aug 2010
Venom900 said:
I can't even begin to describe how incredibly terrible this was....In fact, this movie itself doesn't even deserve a critique, it was just that bad.

All i gotta say is, If i was playing FF7 (example), and it gave me the ability to beat Sephiroth out of the random blue despite being obviously outleveled and outmatched, after hyping up the entire time that its impossible. I would throw that shit in the trash.

Biggest asspull ever award goes to...

I don't know if they'll ever adapt the epilogue story, but it goes with details into what happened in that fight.
If you don't want to spoil yourself, i'll just assure you that it's not an asspull.
If you want to know what happened and don't care about spoiling the epilogue, open the spoiler tag:

astroprogsDec 15, 2016 5:09 AM
Dec 21, 2016 10:17 AM

Sep 2016
What a breathtaking episode! The fight with Nyx Avatar and the scenes that followed were done perfectly. If only they used the animated scene from The Answer for The Great Seal scene paired with that Nyx music, that'd be even more awesome!

I couldn't hold my tears when the gang remembered and started running towards the rooftop. The music was spot on!

I'd have to say, though, that non P3 players wouldn't have known that

So much feel! :'(
TheSmilingShoujoDec 21, 2016 10:21 AM
<GENERIC SIGNATURE>
Jan 7, 2017 4:12 AM

Apr 2011
This entire movie series is an insult to the game. I can't believe you guys actually like it.
Feb 2, 2017 3:01 PM

Feb 2013
This whole series adapted the game really well (especially considering it was a 160+ hour game).

Great stuff! Loved it all.

9/10
Mar 12, 2017 8:37 AM

Jul 2013
When i'm writing this i'm still watching the movie but i just want to say that the sunlight scene was so corny that i just laughed when the light shone just for Aragaki.
Mar 13, 2017 6:03 AM

Sep 2015
I hope that P5 is getting an anime adaptation despite being relatively new still.

This movie has showed me that Persona adaptations are pretty good at making original content to fill in the gaps which is the gameplay from the games, and still make sense if you're watching this after playing the games. Especially the scene of Yukari being bedridden in the hospital, made the scene with Yukari's dad much better than the game did imo. Aegis definitely improved in the anime adaptation, she has much more dialogue and screentime, and obviously cares for the protag a lot which is felt through the audience. Although the ost is a bit meh, im glad they didnt recycle soundtracks from the game too much. Overall, its a good adaptation for people who have played the game and not so much for the newcomers. (You wouldnt give two shits for any of the characters beside Makoto and Aegis.)
May 26, 2017 5:43 AM
May 2017
This is great, way better than the manga honestly...the graphic and stories are good too,i like the part when makoto started to gain more emotions and he is more caring towards everyone now..great movie man.
Jul 1, 2017 7:27 AM

May 2013
the ending... :')
made by bunnyama
Oct 21, 2017 2:27 PM

Oct 2015
I loved the rooftop scene between Aegis and Makoto it was touching, because I think he remembered the promise to watch the cherry blossoms together and everyone. That was a great movie with lessons about death and reason to live, which made it cool. The villain Nyx or Ryoji or death whatever that thing's name was designed perfectly with that white mask and black robes, I loved that.

Also the visuals were an improvement from earlier movies, especially at the top of tartarus and the school rooftop and the sakuras. 7/10.
How I learned to stop worrying and love the bomb --- Dr Strangelove

Nov 25, 2017 7:32 AM
Jul 2018
Ok but I was rejoicing after finishing the movies and then I read the comments here. Kill me please.
Dec 6, 2017 9:57 PM

Jul 2013
I'm never going to play the game, so having to come here to find out "lol he's dead" is lame. Poor Aegis...
Dec 9, 2017 3:37 AM

Aug 2010
Isaidlunch said:
I'm never going to play the game, so having to come here to find out "lol he's dead" is lame. Poor Aegis...

In the arc they adapted, you don't find out either. You only find out in the next arc.
Mar 18, 2018 8:57 AM

Oct 2013
astroprogs said:
Isaidlunch said:

In the arc they adapted, you don't find out either. You only find out in the next arc.

No it’s pretty plainly spelled out for the player in Memories of You. The japanese playerbase at least. The song is literally Aigis’ thoughts about the death of Makoto. Plus the Nyx seal costs 100% of your hp. Everything was in the original release.

Mar 18, 2018 9:19 AM

Aug 2010
bestpsychosean said:
astroprogs said:

No it’s pretty plainly spelled out for the player in Memories of You. The japanese playerbase at least. The song is literally Aigis’ thoughts about the death of Makoto. Plus the Nyx seal costs 100% of your hp. Everything was in the original release.

It's subtly implied, but it's never told to us explicitly.

The Great Seal costs all of our HP, true, but we see the MC walking perfectly fine after that, so it seemed safe to assume that he managed to survive that encounter.

The lyrics are pretty telling indeed, but again, they're just song lyrics. You'd have to excuse a lot of people for not taking them at face value when the story literally ends with Aigis telling the MC that she plans to live with him and always be by his side (her own chosen way of life).
astroprogsMar 18, 2018 9:23 AM
Mar 24, 2018 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
That was really good, and a nice way to end this quartet of movies!

I really miss the game!

9/10!!
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Apr 10, 2018 4:52 AM

Sep 2014
Episode Aegis was completely unnecessary and undid a lot of character development in Episode Yourself. The movie (and the original game) ended on a perfect, melancholic note, and was thematically appropriate. Atlus clearly thought so as well, as elements of it was never brought up again in later works, and removed from the game as of P3P (the UMD was sub 1gb, with a size limit of 1.8gb. Removal of Episode Aegis was a design/story decision)
Apr 23, 2018 6:52 AM

Oct 2013
OSFrog said:
Episode Aegis was completely unnecessary and undid a lot of character development in Episode Yourself. The movie (and the original game) ended on a perfect, melancholic note, and was thematically appropriate. Atlus clearly thought so as well, as elements of it was never brought up again in later works, and removed from the game as of P3P (the UMD was sub 1gb, with a size limit of 1.8gb. Removal of Episode Aegis was a design/story decision)

Yeah I strongly disagree. The only thing I would change about it would be add a compendium and bad end if you chose to go back to 12/31.

Apr 25, 2018 12:45 PM
Jan 2014
The best of the 4 movies. 2 was good too. Not surprising that they were both done by the same director, while 1 and 3 were done by other people. Too bad he didn't do all 4 movies.
Oct 16, 2018 3:27 PM

Apr 2012
all the feelings when i have played that ending...close your eyes
Oct 25, 2018 11:49 AM
🥊 CHAMPION 🥊

Apr 2016
I am dissapointed with this last film.... the firsts 40 minutes were too long... the battle was boring and very, very, very, very, very, very PREDICTABLE!!!
The end? left over

Yes, yes, there are nice elements, but were bits if compare with the more important elements!!!

5/10 for this 4th film, a saga that that was more or less!!!!

P.D.: I review how film, not the adaption ;)
Dec 27, 2018 11:47 PM

Jun 2012
I knew he died in the games but I thought he was literally just sleeping in the end there... but some of these posts in this thread make it seem like he did actually die to become this seal.

Overall solid movie, much better than the third one, but once again really cheesy.
Feb 18, 2019 1:52 AM

May 2016
The Winter of 2009 truly was the gloomiest winter I've ever had the displeasure of witnessing. All of them have truly remembered death because of its imminent arrival that will signal the end of the world and there's almost no chance of stopping it. Elizabeth going down there to experience Earth's simple delights might've been a little silly, but her child-like appreciation for things that trivial was just the thing Makoto needed to find out the true meaning of the life he lives. The light of hope shined brightly into their eyes and it had proven that even the simplest gestures can lead to one finding a reason to go on once again.

For someone who can be the only to beat Death, Makoto did great in single-handedly beating him while his friends go on to fight the other swarming Shadows and Strega. Watching each of them trigger their Requiem Personas out of their sheer will to protect each other was powerful, even more so for Makoto to be one with Ryoji and transform his Persona into Messiah and sacrifice himself for his friends' fates. He didn't just graduate from school that day because the contract had stated that his time here's finally over with the accomplishment of his last job. He might've died but at the very least, he passed away peacefully by Aegis' side and had his last vision being all his friends reaching out to him like he actually mattered.

Apr 30, 2020 11:16 AM

Dec 2016
This movie was amazing! The feelings here are strong ;-; The ending song is also wonderful <3 (even though I had heard it many times before, I always enjoyed listening to this song)
PurpleGirl203Apr 30, 2020 11:25 AM

[*]My Completed List
[*]♪Listen ►
[/list][/left]
May 12, 2020 7:49 PM

Aug 2015
Memories of You will always be the most sad song to conclude a Persona game, by far. Damn do I love that song (fuck Fes and The Answer, this is the perfect ending).

Ironically, the movie with the most changes to the overall plot and actions on the game is the one I liked the most. Maybe (just maybe) if they tried to do it this way instead of half adapting the events of the event the second and third would be better. The first and last are both a solid 8.5/10. The worst one was Falling Down in my opinion, which is disappointing because that´s my favorite arc in the game. Overall the movies are enjoyable but they are heavily implied to people that have played the game, since so much content is skipped.

Btw, whoever made this movies was a huge fan of YukixAigis, damn do they ship them hard in all 4 movies, even skipping some scenes with Yukari to make it more favorable to our favorite toaster.
Jun 17, 2020 3:48 PM

Apr 2017
One of the cringiest movies of all time shitty lines NAKAMA POWER
waste of time animation and money
They could have used it for better stories

"I will not kill Ryoji"

Instead I will drag all my friends to battle and kill Ryoji and myself

*To my future self*
Please have mercy on yourself stop watching anime based on video games if you hate cringe boring predictable storylines
Jul 29, 2020 1:11 AM

Jul 2015
In my opinion this was the best of the four Persona 3 movies. Pretty cold world this has become with doomsday coming closer, definitely made those light moments of hope standing out. The final battle was quite epic especially with the heroic self-sacrifice of Yuki....man the amazingly done rooftop scene gave me some feels knowing what happened to Yuki..

Dec 23, 2020 2:18 PM

Jan 2017
this movie was the best one in terms of pacing and character moments. watching everyone overcoming their fear of the apocalypse and regain the determination to fight was effing beautiful. the fights were really good too. the only issue i had with this movie was the fact, that they didn't fight nyx avatar as a team.

revisiting persona 3 in anime form, 5 years after playing the games was truly a nostalgic experience. also, props to A-1 pictures for making for making the ending (as well as shinjis death in movie 2) even more emotional than the game.
Mar 5, 2022 9:27 AM
Jan 2021
12 years ago today
Watch Symphogear
Apr 15, 2023 2:26 PM
Apr 2023
broke my heart never gonna live again.
Sep 7, 2023 3:26 PM

Aug 2017
Reply to bestpsychosean
OSFrog said:

Yeah I strongly disagree. The only thing I would change about it would be add a compendium and bad end if you chose to go back to 12/31.
@bestpsychosean
bestpsychosean said:

Bad ending would have been nice if you killed Ryoji. Like the Accomplice ending in P4G.

I would have also liked a scene where Elizabeth goes to Makoto's room hehe
Oct 17, 2023 6:29 PM
Apr 2023
personally i couldnt stop crying thats how good it was i loved every second of it <3
Nov 5, 2023 3:25 AM
Shalltear

Apr 2018
Nice I liked the empty and dark ambiance there was before the final fight, which is different than in the game since you can still do what you want leveling social links etc, and the conclusion is sure beautiful yet really sad, but didn't really feel emotional since I knew what to expect after having played the game and I would say just playing for dozens of hours just make the experience much better to how you get emotionally used to the characters and know them better through social links, so the ending is also much better in the game I would say, this is a kind of adaptation that works but at the same time will truly feel underwhelming compared to your experience while playing (at least for my case) still solid Persona adaptation overall 7/10 for the 4 movies
Dec 21, 2023 2:37 AM
Dec 2023
I FUCKING LOVE PERSONA 3.
Mar 13, 7:56 PM
Apr 2022
I wondered at the ending of Yuki Makoto. So I googling and go here.
:')
Sad good ending for the world that not get destroyed.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» Key Visual & Preview

Stark700 - Jul 1, 2015

18 by SidVicious »»
Aug 5, 2016 12:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.