Forums

How will you cope up if best girl(/boy?) is not winning/will never win

New
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 5, 2016 6:34 AM

Jun 2015
DROP.
YOU DROP THE SHOW.

ok maybe not, hayata:combat ruined is a crap show anyway.

but i liked nomnomtan to end up with hayato.
Aug 5, 2016 6:56 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Choice endings seem to have an extra chromosome attached as a rule of thumb, so they never work. Or at least I haven't seen one that hasn't been an absolute train-wreck; the only people who end up not-pissed are the ones who liked the chosen girl the best to begin with, and even then they can end up irritated if it's particularly bad.

The people who say they want more of them are the people who hardly watch the genre and are just going with what sounds best from an intellectual projection standpoint in their own, non-fan way of thinking what they could use to improve upon something they hold no interest in to begin with.

Harem endings are the lesser evil by a longshot. Trying to please everybody can and usually will end up pleasing nobody, but at least there's a notable difference between being displeased and outright vitriol - and it doesn't help that choice endings usually involve something that is outright insulting or hurtful to the character(s) who lose more often than not, which makes it even more irritating unless you hate that character to begin with.

So, in my perfect world, I wouldn't have to cope at all because all harem series would end with a harem ending. Or maybe even not all harem endings, just not-choice endings - which could mean just not really an ending all together, just something vague and half-assed to barely wrap it up, as if the end of Haganai Next would be the final conclusion to the whole series. Even that would be less irritating in the long run.

ManabanAug 5, 2016 7:01 AM

Sep 30, 2016 2:42 AM
Jul 2018
It's never happened to me because usually the anime starts with the ods in the favour of the best girl/boy.
But then I haven't watched that many harems soooo..

If that does happen however.
I'll probably complain in the comment section of what ever site i'm watching the anime on.
Sep 30, 2016 2:50 AM

Jul 2014
Is Kiba going to win in High School DxD? Probably not.
Can I still dream? Fuck yes.
Sep 30, 2016 3:09 AM

Jun 2016
Well..... I just casually say something "meh...." and move on, because the term "Best Girl" is subjective/depends on persons, and I never like shipping characters together. I just find the whole "shipping" thing dumb just by the concept itself.
Sep 30, 2016 3:11 AM

May 2010
I go play some visual novel where I decide who gets to win, huehuehue.
Sep 30, 2016 3:12 AM

Mar 2015
I tell everyone that the wining girl is shit, then make a thread about it on MAL to watch the fires burn.
Sep 30, 2016 3:16 AM

Jul 2015
i know that feeling
it hurts ....
Sep 30, 2016 3:18 AM

Apr 2013
I don't care that much about shipping, most of the time I ship the obvious pairing anyway. And then there is Zero no Tsukaima where both hero and heroine were so retarded that I still wanted them together because everyone else was just too good for them.
Sep 30, 2016 7:36 AM

Oct 2015
Bash everything, post about it in every waifu war topic, and tell them their waifu is shit?

just be honest, something like that eh?
Sep 30, 2016 7:42 AM

Apr 2015
This is an issue people have?
I'm not a huge 'best girl/worst girl' kinda guy. I watch harem for the sake of it being a harem, and enjoying the tropes of such a show.
ON the very rare chance that there IS a harem that I actually care about who wins or not (DxD), I usually have best choice in girls and they seem to be on the track to win (Rias).

The only time that it's up-in-the-air about it would be Monster Musume, in which case, if Miia fails, I'll add a 0.005% salt content to my week, and then move on with life.
"I'd take rampant lesbianism over nuclear armageddon or a supervolcano any day." ~nikiforova
Sep 30, 2016 7:53 AM

Mar 2016
Best girl not winning isn't so bad. What's worst of all is when the worst girl wins.

In which case i perform

Sep 30, 2016 7:54 AM

Aug 2014
The age-old method. One where your imagination can create miracles; fanfiction.

Moon           Lovers
                  
Rainbow                For You                Bluebird

Sep 30, 2016 7:55 AM

May 2015
As much as I hate it that's when i have to lean on fanfiction.net lul
Sep 30, 2016 8:41 AM

Jul 2013
Doujinshis are a thing you know? Check them out.
Sep 30, 2016 8:43 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
By not giving a shit about the guy, so more time to focus in the girls
Sep 30, 2016 9:04 PM

Feb 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:

Yeah... The same thing... I'd rather fap and think of it as I am the MC than have mah waifu be stolen by some unworthy weak, and dense MC... Just no...
Sep 30, 2016 10:00 PM

Sep 2013
How do I cope? By giving the anime a low rating then going onto random forums discussing how horrible the anime was the entire time regardless of how much I was actually enjoying it to that point of course /s

Personally I just accept it and move on but then again the anime community tends to have a lot of people being vocal about how salty they are and how others are objectively wrong for having a different opinion in best girl.
Sep 30, 2016 10:28 PM

May 2014
Bro the anime world always seems to find some way to f*ck me over. They always get my hopes up and then stomp on my heart. LITERALLY, my favorite anime of all time, nagi no asukara, is also the worst ship I've ever experienced. Do you know hard that is? I can't watch my favorite anime of all time becuase it's too painful to see my ship get stomped on and know that it'll never be the whole time I'm watching.

The ending couples in Toradora, Aldnoah zero, 5 cm per sec, glasslip, Kiznaiver, Suzuka, and Akame ga kill were also all against my ships. Especially Toradora, goddamn I have no idea how any sane person
Oct 1, 2016 3:58 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
_Ako_ said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Yeah... The same thing... I'd rather fap and think of it as I am the MC than have mah waifu be stolen by some unworthy weak, and dense MC... Just no...

LMAO yea that definitely sounds about right....
Oct 1, 2016 5:10 AM

Mar 2012
Complete it just for the heck of it and give it a very low score if they are even destroying the plot and doing idiotic things just to get the particular pairing together and side track some other character.
Oct 1, 2016 5:23 AM

Aug 2015
Cope up? With Wut ??

We all know that best girl never wins... (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄
Oct 1, 2016 7:14 AM

Feb 2015
Z-Dante said:
Cope up? With Wut ??

We all know that best girl never wins... (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Thus, "best" girl, isn't it?

Damn the logic of the anime... Best Girl= never wins
Girls who wins= not the best girl...
Oct 1, 2016 7:23 AM

Dec 2015
I'll just fap to those hentai doujins of my best girl, because why not?
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Legs or arms?

Absurdo_N - 5 hours ago

20 by SuperAdventure »»
2 minutes ago

» MULTIPLE UNRELATED anime that you think could be set in the same anime universe

IpreferEcchi - 11 hours ago

13 by MichaelJackson »»
4 minutes ago

» What will be the next KyoAni project? Tell me your thoughts. ( 1 2 )

Pinoffin - Yesterday

67 by meyve »»
4 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - Apr 24

30 by Shirayukin »»
4 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9071 by appledude1221 »»
18 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.