Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Aug 3, 2016 8:14 PM
Sep 2014
I got secondhand embarrassment when Allen thought Alma was talking to him. I'm excited for the action scenes to be animated in the future.

kalim432 said:
My favorite moments was seeing the Millennium's Earl human form.Why isn't anyone talking about that...I hate he has to wear the demonic clown armour all the time...with human eyes, he can be even more terryfing.

The human form of Millennium Earl reminds me of Mana.
Aug 3, 2016 9:03 PM
Jul 2016
suzerain said:
I got secondhand embarrassment when Allen thought Alma was talking to him. I'm excited for the action scenes to be animated in the future.

kalim432 said:
My favorite moments was seeing the Millennium's Earl human form.Why isn't anyone talking about that...I hate he has to wear the demonic clown armour all the time...with human eyes, he can be even more terryfing.

The human form of Millennium Earl reminds me of Mana.

You may want to discuss why they share the same seiyuu
Aug 4, 2016 9:27 AM
Jun 2013
Allen is so badass hahahaaa and i like the comedy in this episodeXD and hey finally the plot is slowing down yay!
4/5 for me
Don't give up. There is no shame in falling down! True shame is to not stand up again!

~Midorima Shintaro, Kuroko no Basket
Aug 4, 2016 12:38 PM

Sep 2011
Ginnnn said:
SilverWolf442 said:

That is what I was thinking. Wait for the manga to either finish or reach a good number of chapters, and just animate the manga with everything include and very little to no filler, except maybe in transitional situations so it doesn't look as jumpy.

Plus it would flow more smoothly to start over and have everything the same from start to finish, character voices, designs, music, etc. Rather than 2 separate series with such differences in voices, animation and designs.

But it's possible a budget didn't allow for a reboot, so they stuck to doing this 1 cour continuation instead. And this may just be to promote the manga now that Hoshino is updating again after a 3 year hiatus.

Hard to believe we're already at chapt. 189. Seed of Destruction may get animated at this pace. Unless they plan to slow down some now.

i wonder how are the producers gonna animate the arc after Alma Karma.
recent manga chapters only have 20++ pages. Not much info.
With 4 new chapters a year, i dont think we r going to get a season 2 soon :D haha

Probably end it in the
just like in the OP.
Aug 4, 2016 3:14 PM

Aug 2014
And so it begins, I'm pretty hyped for what is to come!
Aug 5, 2016 7:35 AM

Jan 2009
Pretty good episode. The Earl VA did an excellent job in this episode IMO. Glad it's trying to balance the comedy and serious moment. Love the new OST. Those Sheryl moment very entertaining and the chicken Earl. Although the human Earl scene could have been better.

From the look on the preview, it seems like

Tyrel said:
Ginnnn said:

i wonder how are the producers gonna animate the arc after Alma Karma.
recent manga chapters only have 20++ pages. Not much info.
With 4 new chapters a year, i dont think we r going to get a season 2 soon :D haha

Probably end it in the
just like in the OP.

Or if there want to tease the next arc

Aug 5, 2016 7:02 PM
Jul 2016
andrewsch5658 said:

Same thought here, since

But the pacing would be in a real mess
Aug 5, 2016 11:14 PM

Aug 2010
I will finally understand Alma arc xD
Aug 5, 2016 11:16 PM

Jan 2009
ItNeverEnds14 said:
andrewsch5658 said:

Same thought here, since

But the pacing would be in a real mess

I think it is possible to end at around
if each episode adapt around 2 chapters. I original thought
is a nice ending point for the series but ending at
actually seems more fitting for this arc and this season. Hoping there won't adapt the next arc this season. If there is a chance sequel for next arc, there can
Aug 6, 2016 5:33 AM
Jul 2016
andrewsch5658 said:

actually seems more fitting for this arc and this season. Hoping there won't adapt the next arc this season. If there is a chance sequel for next arc, there can

I think the current arc will end in the next 4 episodes if they're not rushing thing
so, 3 episodes left
Aug 6, 2016 7:40 AM

Jan 2009
ItNeverEnds14 said:
andrewsch5658 said:

I think the current arc will end in the next 4 episodes if they're not rushing thing
so, 3 episodes left

I predict the current arc might end on episode 10, with the last 3 episodes adapt from chapters
Aug 6, 2016 2:20 PM

Apr 2016
yeah, i still like the show. imo this was the best episode of the new season.

the story gets some new intersting aspects: Earl has a human face - kanda is an artificial exorzist.

will Alma be a nice guy?
Aug 10, 2016 5:47 PM

Aug 2014
Kanda "stripping" Road though ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Aug 13, 2016 5:17 PM

Dec 2011
I wish the scene where the 14th announces that he will become the new Millenium Earl should've had more impact. I had such goosebumps when I saw it from the manga.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Aug 23, 2016 2:55 AM

Jun 2013
The Millenium Earl looks like a bum in that human form. I remember him looking all classy and handsome but I guess I was wrong. He looked like the typical bum who hangs outside of a convenience store.

I'm not prepared for the BL this arc has to offer. I would much prefer a yuri moment but the author just can't help it.

Allen looks hotter when the 14th is taking over his body.

The interactions with the Noahs is more comedic in this series than it was in the previous. Every time a Noah appeared before, it was hardly comedic and it felt like everyone was going to die.
臭い-
Sep 8, 2016 1:33 PM

Nov 2014
Lots of apologists for this series referencing brilliance since it's adapting the manga but really this series looks terrible, badly animated and the story goes glacially slow to super fast forward LOL.

I watched ep 4 and just checked it out again, how did Allen just appear in the room in this episode FFS?
Sep 27, 2016 3:21 PM

May 2012
Great development again, another great ending! Up to the next one.
Oct 18, 2016 9:28 AM

Mar 2015
Ok episode. Not as great as last episode but it was fair.

I noticed some cut scenes like Noah who can control people is the father of Road and how did Allen left arm disappeared?

3/5
May 8, 2018 4:06 PM

Dec 2017
Very Good Episode
Dec 7, 2018 4:24 AM

Jul 2017
Allen is badass when the 14th took over him. And the Millenium Earl in his human form, I wonder why he chose that cartoonish clown facade.
So many question between them.

smell of coffee
songs of sleep

Aug 9, 2021 1:00 AM

Dec 2012
Alma Karma.
An artificial apostle created 9 year ago?
Zu.
Yu was the other test subject.
Earl.
So thats how Earl transforms.
They all got stringed.
Kanda is...
Allen appears.
The 14th.
Replace him as the Earl?
Kanda took Road.
Alma.
Yu's birthday.
Dat ending.
If you see that my post is exactly 1 month old (or more) from when it was posted... Don't waste your time, especially when you want to reply with something petty & insignificant. Assume that I've moved on (because I have).
Mar 17, 2022 10:56 PM

Sep 2018
Some of the developments are really intriguing and interesting, but it suffers quite a bit from obvious pacing issues. I might even pick up the manga after this. Or hopefully wait for re-adaptation after the manga is completed.
Jul 30, 2022 11:00 AM

May 2018
Yeah... I think Alma has seen better days
Feb 20, 2023 8:59 AM

May 2020
About time they explain something about Kanda. That zombie like super regeneration ability of his needed an explanation anyways at this point. Him being the second of those test subjects along with Alma indeed was a good reveal. And then that Fourteenth's declaration of overthrowing Millenium Earl so to take that title for himself was something good too... but this whole episode lacked an impact.

And that is due to those UNNECESSARY comedic segments when we were supposed to have something serious. Look at Millenium Earl I mean.

Misplaced comedy ruining D.Gray Man since 2006.
Mar 5, 2023 7:58 AM

Nov 2010
12:49 She looks cute!
I don't mind the plot moving fast, but damn, this is moving at FTL speeds!
Nov 5, 2023 4:42 PM

May 2023
Reply to Romeo
this animation.. that pacing.. these va's.. ugh..
@Romeo fuck off dude
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 26, 2016

131 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 2:05 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Sep 12, 2016

64 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 1:12 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 29, 2016

82 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:26 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 22, 2016

71 by iamnameers »»
Dec 22, 2023 12:06 PM

Poll: » D.Gray-man Hallow Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Jul 4, 2016

359 by iamnameers »»
Dec 21, 2023 10:32 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.