Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »
Apr 25, 2017 4:36 AM

Sep 2016
When you only ever watch shows of the same genre even though there is so much variety out there, you have the most boring taste. If we're talking about lists, then those that are filled with sequels or only have five anime or less are the most boring because it shows a lack of variety.

Apr 25, 2017 4:39 AM
Feb 2016
The most boring lists for me are those lists that have all of the popular seasonal shows and mainstream shounen shows. I find those lists boring because i feel as if the watcher doesn't want to step out of his comfort zone and try something new. It doesn't have to be an "elitist" show per say but just something a little different.

I am pretty sure most people here would find my favorites extremely boring as everything there is mandatory elitist.
Apr 25, 2017 4:40 AM

Jul 2015
Whats wrong with having a "boring" taste AS LONG as it is really your taste and you just didnt put it on the list "TO LOOK COOL"? I think some may call it boring, because they like to judge people and maybe even like to analyze their psyche and character and are dissapointed when they cant do that.
Apr 25, 2017 4:45 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
PirateMadryk said:
Whats wrong with having a "boring" taste AS LONG as it is really your taste and you just didnt put it on the list "TO LOOK COOL"? I think some may call it boring, because they like to judge people and maybe even like to analyze their psyche and character and are dissapointed when they cant do that.

There's not really much wrong with having a taste somebody else would decry as boring, but simply saying that you find somebody's taste to be on the dull side will piss somebody off because I'm assuming that they perceive it to be an attack on them for what they like, and that has a high possibility of turning toxic quickly. So I guess that'd be what I assume would be the issue with it.

The video that spurred on this topic is full of shit, anyway. In hindsight, it's just simply Digi having a manchild fit because of people not liking what he liked so he tried to decry anything outside of his own viewpoint as being insincere.
ManabanApr 25, 2017 4:51 AM

Apr 25, 2017 5:47 AM

May 2010
I'd probably go with elitlists as well, not that there is anything wrong with that, it's just that 90% of them have exactly the same anime and often even characters in their favourites :> But hey, as long as we're all having fun here, my TOP list isn't super amazing or surprising either.
Apr 25, 2017 6:29 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
It's pretty annoying when ppl claim they love a certain genre the most, then u go to their profile and theres no evidence of it

Manaban said:
Mm, amongst other ecchifags and even non-ecchifags for that matter, the Monogatari series is ridiculously common to see. Not that I have the right to complain, if I were to extend my top 10 favorites to top 20 then Bake, Nise, and SS would all be in the top 20, but yeah...it's definitely extremely prevalent.

It's definitely DxD that irks me the most lol

A TRUE ecchi fan adds anime that throws in ecchi for the sake of throwing in ecchi
EcchiGodMamsterApr 25, 2017 6:32 AM
Apr 25, 2017 6:39 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
It's pretty annoying when ppl claim they love a certain genre the most, then u go to their profile and theres no evidence of it

Manaban said:
Mm, amongst other ecchifags and even non-ecchifags for that matter, the Monogatari series is ridiculously common to see. Not that I have the right to complain, if I were to extend my top 10 favorites to top 20 then Bake, Nise, and SS would all be in the top 20, but yeah...it's definitely extremely prevalent.

It's definitely DxD that irks me the most lol

A TRUE ecchi fan adds anime that throws in ecchi for the sake of throwing in ecchi

I mean, it doesn't really annoy me in the case of Monogatari, it's just kind of uninteresting for me to see because it's so commonplace

I'm a hypocrite here, if I became a supporter and got to have 20 favorites Bake, Nise, and SS would all be in my top 20 xD That and I've already got some very common favorites on my profile as well that people wouldn't see as interesting, i.e. SAO and NGNL

If people like it and want to add it to their favorites then that's totally cool, but repetitive favorites like that just don't really grab my attention as much

If something not grabbing my attention is my biggest problem with something then I think it's a non-issue xD

Apr 25, 2017 6:43 AM

Apr 2017
How about Hipsters... Their taste are wayyyy tooo Extraordinary....

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 25, 2017 6:45 AM

Jul 2015
Karlstein_L-11 said:
He said it in an interview, you can find it in youtube pretty easily. And about the film: Man why do you think most people hate math in school? Because they don't get whats going on, and they have to do it while they are there.
Sorry I made a bit of mistake I find one vid about it. He states there's no meaning, and criticizes people for searching for it.
Tho' here's a vid where you can find some infos, + some links in the disc. for more + confirmation: https://youtu.be/SVm65tlhqw8?t=1m15s

>Believing what Anno has to say about NGE. He's a well known troll lol.

OmegaOtaku said:
Elitists. They always have the most boring shows in their faves. You know someone is an elitist if they have LOGH, SEL, Tatami Galaxy, Ping Pong, anything Evangelion or anything else psychological and advanced for casuals in their faves

Then there are those who have the most popular and most faved shows in their faves. Death Note, FMA:B, Code Geass, Naruto, Hunter x Hunter etc. How about liking something that not everyone else does?

And those that go with mainstream shounen trash. Could not get any more shit than having the most popular shounen trash in your faves.

My sarcasm detector isn't beeping, tell me its broken and you were baiting please :c
Apr 25, 2017 6:49 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Clebardman said:
My sarcasm detector isn't beeping, tell me its broken and you were baiting please :c

That's because I was being serious.

"𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚖𝚒𝚡 𝚍𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚔𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎 𝚕𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚜."
☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Apr 25, 2017 6:50 AM

Jul 2015
@OmegaOtaku You have to most generic favs one can find on MAL, bro.
How about liking something that not everyone else does?
Apr 25, 2017 6:53 AM

Apr 2017
Right before.. .I discovered that some shows I watch are wayy too Mediocre.. Tastes like this.. can be neither.. too... BIASED.. and now I become indeed harsh.. when it comes to rating... :p

"Think about that glowing dust
That destroys the night sky's dream of
Just being nothing"
----
Apr 25, 2017 6:59 AM

Oct 2013
since J.C. STAFF is my favourite studio I always check how many shows people have from them in their favourites
but I always feel disappointed when they have this in their favourites
https://myanimelist.net/anime/4224/Toradora
https://myanimelist.net/anime/13759/Sakurasou_no_Pet_na_Kanojo
https://myanimelist.net/anime/17895/Golden_Time
https://myanimelist.net/anime/11433/Ano_Natsu_de_Matteru
sure they are fun shows to watch but J.C has so much better to offer than this
Apr 25, 2017 7:01 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Clebardman said:
@OmegaOtaku You have to most generic favs one can find on MAL, bro.
How about liking something that not everyone else does?

Not really one to argue yourself there, mate.

☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Apr 25, 2017 7:18 AM

Jul 2015
@OmegaOtaku But I don't call other people boring when I know I'm boring myself. Also, I added my fav shows number of favs together: It's barely above the number of favs S;G has alone (90k vs 73k). Sorry to burst your bubble, Mr "I'm-a-special-snowflake" <:. Your taste is very, very mainstream.
Apr 25, 2017 7:21 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Manaban said:

I mean, it doesn't really annoy me in the case of Monogatari, it's just kind of uninteresting for me to see because it's so commonplace

I'm a hypocrite here, if I became a supporter and got to have 20 favorites Bake, Nise, and SS would all be in my top 20 xD That and I've already got some very common favorites on my profile as well that people wouldn't see as interesting, i.e. SAO and NGNL

If people like it and want to add it to their favorites then that's totally cool, but repetitive favorites like that just don't really grab my attention as much

If something not grabbing my attention is my biggest problem with something then I think it's a non-issue xD

Unfortunately DxD is the most cliché favorite when it comes to ecchi, so i find it an "ofc" entry and therefore boring

Howtf am I supposed to know someone is an ecchi fan when all I see in their favorites list is Clannad After story, FMAB, Logh, One piece, bleach, Naruto and the like?

And yea, adding bakemonogatari DOES NOT make one an ecchi
fan, since it's mostly a symbolism anime

I like to see people add the "just to be perverted" ecchi series like Hotd, Maken-ki, etc you know'em lol

Ignoring me being a fan of SAO, I don't consider it boring taste since it's the most shit talked anime and at this point admitting you love it almost takes balls lol
Apr 25, 2017 7:21 AM
Aug 2014
I don't even like enough anime to a high enough degree to make a top 10.
Apr 25, 2017 7:22 AM

May 2016
I don't understand what this "most boring taste" is about.

It's like if I suddenly went to people and said my favorite sci-fi novels were Dune and Hyperion.

The reaction isn't "oh that's so boring, why don't you praise Stanislaw Lem to the heavens??!??!!"

This is the exact kind of anti-consensus/reductive logic that makes this community so ass backwards.

No, we can't have shared opinions. We can't have a great number of people who find value in common stories and trends. If we do, it's because they're "elitists," "trying to be smart," or god forbid "posing as intellectuals."

Whoever made this concept can fuck right off.
Apr 25, 2017 7:28 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Clebardman said:
@OmegaOtaku But I don't call other people boring when I know I'm boring myself. Also, I added my fav shows number of favs together: It's barely above the number of favs S;G has alone (90k vs 73k). Sorry to burst your bubble, Mr "I'm-a-special-snowflake" <:. Your taste is very, very mainstream.

If you're going to use the term, at least understand the definition properly. The only mainstream anime I have is AoT, Steins;Gate and to an extent, Gurren Lagann. I wouldn't exactly call everything in my faves mainstream, dude. Do you see everybody talking about Aria, Kanon and Grisaia like they're the most popular shows like One Piece, Naruto etc.? You don't. So don't go riling people up!

☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Apr 25, 2017 7:28 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Unfortunately DxD is the most cliché favorite when it comes to ecchi, so i find it an "ofc" entry and therefore boring
I don't see any problem with someone having DXD in their favourites
after all it has Akeno in it
Apr 25, 2017 7:30 AM
Jan 2017
This is a shitty question, is the equivalent of saying your favorite movie of 2016 being Moonlight is boring taste or Citizen Kane. There reason why you seen an anime repeated as top tier for a reason and while you can disagree just like the fact that I disagree that SAO II is crap and is actually wonderful.

Being popular and consider one of the best does not equal boring, it just means most people are likely to like it and is okay to think otherwise. I think Psycho Pass has bland characters that really hurt the story and does not know if it wants to have fun or be taken seriously. I honestly like the second season because it was stupid and was just making more use of the world and try to give more weight to the characters. Someone can disagree and that is okay.

While I do get people trying to put high end anime on their list to not look like noob, I think most people don't care.
Apr 25, 2017 7:31 AM

Aug 2010
Looking at other people's lists is boring in itself. You can put whatever you want in your favorites for all I care, it's not meant to entertain other people who have nothing to do, but look at other people's profiles/lists all day long (which seems to be the case for certain guys on this thread).

But if I have to pick something for the sake of this topic, it has to be people whose list mainly consists of seasonals + a handful of well recognized/classic shows. That is usually the kind of list I find the most uninteresting (using the "boring" label here would be pretentious as fuck).

There's nothing inherently wrong with that, but given that I couldn't care less about seasonals in general, I usually won't start up a conversation with such people, since I have barely anything in common with them.
Apr 25, 2017 7:37 AM

Jul 2015
@OmegaOtaku you're so defensive about it, it's really funny. I have no problem watching mainstream stuff: Actually, NGE sold more than any of your favs. And you'll probably love to learn that there's no real definition to mainstream: Madoka is a huge seller compared to something like Steins;Gate wich actually only appeals to a very nice audience outside of MAL.
Apr 25, 2017 7:43 AM
VA-11 HALL-A

Aug 2014
Clebardman said:
@OmegaOtaku you're so defensive about it, it's really funny. I have no problem watching mainstream stuff: Actually, NGE sold more than any of your favs. And you'll probably love to learn that there's no real definition to mainstream: Madoka is a huge seller compared to something like Steins;Gate wich actually only appeals to a very nice audience outside of MAL.

Think whatever you please. Doesn't matter to me. This is just a petty argument anyway.

☆ 𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝙻𝚒𝚜𝚝 ☆
☆ 𝚅𝙽𝙳𝚋 ☆
☆ 𝙱𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚕𝚘𝚐𝚐𝚎𝚛𝚢 ☆
Apr 25, 2017 7:56 AM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
Yudina said:
Whoever made this concept can fuck right off.

Well, this thread was initially made in response over a Digibro video where he complained about same-y 3x3s, so...blame him :D

EcchiLordMamster said:
Manaban said:

Howtf am I supposed to know someone is an ecchi fan when all I see in their favorites list is Clannad After story, FMAB, Logh, One piece, bleach, Naruto and the like?

And yea, adding bakemonogatari DOES NOT make one an ecchi
fan, since it's mostly a symbolism anime

I like to see people add the "just to be perverted" ecchi series like Hotd, Maken-ki, etc you know'em lol

Ignoring me being a fan of SAO, I don't consider it boring taste since it's the most shit talked anime and at this point admitting you love it almost takes balls lol

I dunno man

I think what would constitute somebody as an ecchi fan would be just the act of enjoying ecchi xD

Like if somebody liked a few ecchi series but said stuff like "I liked this in spite of the ecchi" I wouldn't consider them an ecchi fan, because, well, they don't seem into ecchi, they seem into other stuff the series had going on for it, like a lot of people do with Monogatari or KLK

What I think would make somebody an ecchi fan is seeking that sort of thing out, like people who like mecha seek out mecha and are mecha fans, people who seek out psychological seek out psychological and are psychological fans, etc etc., I don't think ecchi is any different, people who like ecchi seek out ecchi and are ecchi fans

I also think No True Scotsman is considered a fallacy for a reason xD

I don't think having same-y tastes or dull tastes is really bad in any sense, be it Monogatari or DxD or stereotypical elitist taste

it's just...not very interesting to me
ManabanApr 25, 2017 8:04 AM

Apr 25, 2017 8:31 AM

Aug 2016
I suppose the most boring one is if you see the same franchise 3+ times in their top 10 favorites anime. If it's top 20, maaaayybe, but I haven't seen that yet.

Having most popular shows doesn't indicate boring. It's to be expected since of course higher amount of viewers will likely generate a high amount of favorites. Factor in casual fans and their limited selection, it will be even more apparent.

Having same genre of favorites also doesn't always indicate they can't get out of their comfort zone. It's just that kind of genre is what they value most and it's easier for them to enjoy as favorites than other shows. We're only limited to 10 here (or 20 if supporting). There's not much of an option for a more diverse taste
Apr 25, 2017 9:45 AM

Apr 2017
If I'm to answer honestly, I'm going to answer this question with not that long of an explanation.

I dislike anime that are over 300-500 episodes because it takes forever to watch the entire series and often there is alot of filler which makes me get bored of the story really quick. This makes me loss interest and ultimately stop watching the anime or drop it entirely

I also dislike anime where you watch all the way up, expecting a good, happy ending and then the anime totally kills the vibe by killing of characters that you love (example: Akame ga Kill)

Any anime that is past 2000 I will hardly even try to touch. Im a millenial and I like alot of stuff that came out 2006-2014 because it aligns with my tastes.
Apr 25, 2017 10:27 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

i was JUST having a conversation with a coworker and DxD came up, he was like "I'm gonna slap you" when i told him Rias carries the series for me and Akeno isn't bae XD

god, i'd love to suck those titties

anyway, like i said, its boring taste to me because DxD is a hype train and its too commonly in peoples favorites

Manaban said:

I dunno man

I think what would constitute somebody as an ecchi fan would be just the act of enjoying ecchi xD

Like if somebody liked a few ecchi series but said stuff like "I liked this in spite of the ecchi" I wouldn't consider them an ecchi fan, because, well, they don't seem into ecchi, they seem into other stuff the series had going on for it, like a lot of people do with Monogatari or KLK

What I think would make somebody an ecchi fan is seeking that sort of thing out, like people who like mecha seek out mecha and are mecha fans, people who seek out psychological seek out psychological and are psychological fans, etc etc., I don't think ecchi is any different, people who like ecchi seek out ecchi and are ecchi fans

I also think No True Scotsman is considered a fallacy for a reason xD

I don't think having same-y tastes or dull tastes is really bad in any sense, be it Monogatari or DxD or stereotypical elitist taste

it's just...not very interesting to me

i do agree that the "most interesting" ecchi fans are the ones who actively seek that kind of content out, but it's boring to me if they think ecchi "doesn't belong" in certain situations

too me, if you like ecchi NO MATTER WHERE it's used, that is more interesting than someone who only likes it when its incorporated into the plot, which is why i was eyeing Keijo (due to the hype train)... its just that Keijo isn't that common in peoples favorites

also many people didn't like Keijo because they thought it was hot, they just enjoyed the creativity and the "silliness" of the series, which i think is boring, im more interested in who thinks ecchi is hot af than who likes it for the comedic usage
Apr 25, 2017 10:45 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Deknijff said:
i was JUST having a conversation with a coworker and DxD came up, he was like "I'm gonna slap you" when i told him Rias carries the series for me and Akeno isn't bae XD
well bae means poop and Akeno isn't shit so that statement is true
wow you're talking about boring taste and yet Rias is your favourite of the cast
I don't understand how you can say that when she is the most boring character of the series
EcchiLordMamster said:
you should have her suck you off instead just saying :P
EcchiLordMamster said:
anyway, like i said, its boring taste to me because DxD is a hype train and its too commonly in peoples favourites
and the Monogatari franchise is immune to this exact same claim I take it since you have it in your favourites?
Apr 25, 2017 11:01 AM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
wow you're talking about boring taste and yet Rias is your favourite of the cast
I don't understand how you can say that when she is the most boring character of the series
EcchiLordMamster said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
anyway, like i said, its boring taste to me because DxD is a hype train and its too commonly in peoples favourites
and the Monogatari franchise is immune to this exact same claim I take it since you have it in your favourites?

bae means poop? what?

yea but i no longer have Rias in my favorite characters lol.... but eh... shes the main character that keeps me interested in DxD lol

not my finger though...

Bakemonogatari is the only one i count, since its the one you usually see, i actually don't see 2nd season or the others that often
Apr 25, 2017 11:04 AM

Jan 2017
I thought Brotherhood was good. There you go.
Apr 25, 2017 11:09 AM

Oct 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Deknijff said:
bae means poop? what?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bae
EcchiLordMamster said:
yea but i no longer have Rias in my favorite characters lol.... but eh... she's the main character that keeps me interested in DxD lol
Im not surprised since Ive seen you change your favourites some what often in the short time I've known you
EcchiLordMamster said:
not my finger though...
better than nothing
EcchiLordMamster said:
Bakemonogatari is the only one i count, since its the one you usually see, i actually don't see 2nd season or the others that often
well fair enough I guess
but for the most part I group all of them together
Apr 25, 2017 12:57 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Deknijff said:
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Bae
EcchiLordMamster said:
yea but i no longer have Rias in my favorite characters lol.... but eh... she's the main character that keeps me interested in DxD lol
Im not surprised since Ive seen you change your favourites some what often in the short time I've known you
EcchiLordMamster said:
not my finger though...
better than nothing
EcchiLordMamster said:
well fair enough I guess
but for the most part I group all of them together

yea man, i do, although a few characters have lasted a few years lol

i'd still bust if she sucked my finger XD

for me its only about how often i see them in favorites, i wouldn't say seeing born is as boring as seeing s1 in
Apr 25, 2017 1:01 PM

Feb 2015
Those who put new airing shows in favorites right at the start of season.
Apr 25, 2017 1:45 PM

Feb 2015
I'd have to agree with zombie_pegasus. Those that give high scores and add to their favourites the current seasonal anime.
They lack standards, constantly saying ''this anime is the best of all time'' every time they see a new anime.

I'd not consider my taste boring though. Well, some may but I do take risks, hue.
Since I think Innocence is better than the original Ghost In The Shell.

Also, people whose favorites are basically the top 10 or simply mainstream shonen.
Anime List|Manga List | Discord: Azureal#2963
Apr 25, 2017 1:52 PM

Jul 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
No wonder, since it's the first entry of the franchise, and, for that, the most watched (and the most favourited one).
Also, it's strange what you said, since I watched a lot of people with Second Season in favourites and it's the second most favourited entry of the Monogatari Series.
IllyricusApr 25, 2017 1:58 PM
Apr 25, 2017 1:57 PM

Oct 2013
Illyricus said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
No wonder, since it's the first entry of the franchise, and, for that, the most watched of all the franchise (and the most favourited one).
Also, it's strange what you said, since I watched a lot of people with Second Season in favourites and it's the second most favourited entry of the Monogatari Series.
perhaps he is salty like how Kakine is salty over Accelerator for being #1
Apr 25, 2017 2:03 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:

Illyricus said:
I watched a lot of people with Second Season in favourites and it's the second most favourited entry of the Monogatari Series.

all reading this exchange did is remind me that nobody gives nise the love it should get

Apr 25, 2017 2:08 PM

Jul 2013
Manaban said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

Illyricus said:
I watched a lot of people with Second Season in favourites and it's the second most favourited entry of the Monogatari Series.

all reading this did is remind me that nobody gives nise the love it should get

I agree Nisemonogatari should receive more love (since it's considered the "black sheep" of the franchise), but it's noteworthy that, here in MAL, is the third most favourited entry after Bake and Second Season (this surprised even me).

Deknijff said:
Illyricus said:
No wonder, since it's the first entry of the franchise, and, for that, the most watched of all the franchise (and the most favourited one).
perhaps he is salty like how Kakine is salty over Accelerator for being #1
Just an average day in MAL :v
Apr 25, 2017 2:08 PM

Feb 2016
I don't actually care that much about the anime taste of other people.Everyone has a own taste and I don't want to judge anyone because of that.If I don't like the taste of someone then it's my own opinion but I still don't care.
I don't like it if someone is trolling about their own top 10 and take the worst Animes for it just for fun.I think it's boring and pointless.

I will not believe that everything is controlled by fate.

ll X ll
Apr 25, 2017 2:17 PM

Sep 2016
If it comes on Adult Swim, I'd call that boring...

Those shows are kind of like saying "I like the Beatles!" or "I like Led Zeppelin!" when asked about rock music. They are staples, they are good, but it's not very unique or interesting if that's the best you can come up with.

Girl 1: I'm sooo into anime! I love Attack on Titan!!

Girl 2: Have you seen Kuragehime before?

Plucky-SanApr 25, 2017 2:23 PM
Apr 25, 2017 2:21 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Illyricus said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
No wonder, since it's the first entry of the franchise, and, for that, the most watched (and the most favourited one).

well i also watched Bakemonogatari way back in 2010 so i don't really remember how much ecchi was in it, unlike s2 which i watched in 2015, which is far more fresh in my memory, so theres probably some bias there as well

@Manaban

as cute as she is... dat ain't bae bruh...

that just..

ain't bae XD
Apr 25, 2017 2:26 PM
Arch-Degenerate

Sep 2015
EcchiLordMamster said:
@Manaban

that just..

ain't bae XD

well obviously

snek goddess isn't poop

snek goddess is snek goddess, and blessed be the snek, for she is the only best girl who did absolutely nothing wrong
ManabanApr 25, 2017 2:34 PM

Apr 25, 2017 2:28 PM

Jul 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Illyricus said:

well i also watched Bakemonogatari way back in 2010 so i don't really remember how much ecchi was in it, unlike s2 which i watched in 2015, which is far more fresh in my memory, so theres probably some bias there as well
You should rewatch it, because there are ecchi scemes in the series (not to the level of Nisemonogatari's toothbrush, but there are still there). Hell, the first scene of Bakemonogatari (and of the whole franchise), is a close-up of Hanekawa's panties, for God's sake.
Apr 25, 2017 3:15 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Manaban said:
EcchiLordMamster said:
@Manaban

that just..

ain't bae XD

well obviously

snek goddess isn't poop

snek goddess is snek goddess, and blessed be the snek, for she is the only best girl who did absolutely nothing wrong

eh, you can have her... its not that she can't get it... but i'd be too busy titty fucking Tsubasa XD

Illyricus said:
You should rewatch it, because there are ecchi scemes in the series (not to the level of Nisemonogatari's toothbrush, but there are still there). Hell, the first scene of Bakemonogatari (and of the whole franchise), is a close-up of Hanekawa's panties, for God's sake.

i had a different mindset back then, and i wasn't very open about liking ecchi, so it effected the way i perceived the show

eh, not really one i care to rewatch tbh lol
Apr 25, 2017 3:20 PM

Jul 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Illyricus said:

i had a different mindset back then, and i wasn't very open about liking ecchi, so it effected the way i perceived the show

Who would say you're the pervert you are today :p (nothing wrong with that).

Well, to each, their own, I guess.
Apr 25, 2017 3:28 PM
Jul 2014
Easily goes to the likes of Gintama, One Punch Man, aaaaaand Mushishi. Perfect 10s for boring shows.
Apr 25, 2017 3:29 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
Illyricus said:
EcchiLordMamster said:

no, i was just as perverted back then, i've been since like preschool... its just i probably was trying to convince myself that i wasn't due to insecurity lol

like theres NO FUCKING WAY i would've said some of the same shit i say now, 7 years ago lol
Apr 25, 2017 3:35 PM
Jul 2018
I won't go and tell people that this will automatically mean they have boring taste but one of my more "eh" to say would be a bit of having Yuasa shows (I don't have anything against Yuasa as a director, I like his stuff but... I've noticed this constantly on many people's lists as least ant it gets kinda tiring),

second being edgy try-hard elitists (not making an assumption that most people would be in this category) having every single "critically" acclaimed shows on their list with no actual variety of something else that isn't in that regard (it's not bad nor shitty but it really gives me the vibe of it, nothing against those people really more so selection)
Apr 25, 2017 3:36 PM

Jul 2013
EcchiLordMamster said:
Illyricus said:

no, i was just as perverted back then, i've been since like preschool... its just i probably was trying to convince myself that i wasn't due to insecurity lol

like theres NO FUCKING WAY i would've said some of the same shit i say now, 7 years ago lol
Kinda understandable, since we tend to be insecure when we are younger (and not so younger).
At least you managed to accept yourself as what you are.
Pages (9) « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 »

More topics from this board

» Gurren Lagann & KlK creator said "Fanservice in anime is necessary, else humanity will disappear"

Dije - 36 minutes ago

6 by notPara »»
14 seconds ago

» What's the meaning behind your MAL username? ( 1 2 )

Gashadokur0 - Yesterday

52 by RokkuDash »»
8 minutes ago

» Constant need to keep up

Cammell - Yesterday

32 by 23feanor »»
8 minutes ago

» Upcoming Dubbed Anime ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kenny_Stryker - Dec 17, 2017

9100 by appledude1221 »»
21 minutes ago

» Are newcomer edgy anime fans not edgelords but actually normies?

LenRea - Yesterday

27 by TsutanaiFuun »»
28 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.