Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Jul 21, 2016 7:52 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
Well that was fun, we even got Super Smash Bros (hell yeah, my favorite childhood game) display.

I actually found this episode somewhat funny with the Akane moments. Really though, I got some laughs from the "lewd" moments and innuendos. Teruteru all powered up lol. I'm ready for more games. Hopefully the story develops better as that feels lacking at the moment.
Stark700Jul 21, 2016 9:00 AM
Jul 21, 2016 7:56 AM

Nov 2007
Fighting and breaking the classroom. The two (that also appeared in Mirai-hen) tries to make a better school and think that it's weird how they get students. Conan's voice's character still not sure about accepting to join the class that got accepted or not.

They ended up playing game together instead of fighting (another way to express their competition spirit). Interesting interaction when playing game. And using the potion in the food... and gamer sort of solved it. Gamer is chosen to lead the class.

That Narcissist / luck guy is lol~

New girl (looking down on others) transferred next?
tsubasaloverJul 21, 2016 10:31 AM
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Jul 21, 2016 9:03 AM

May 2016
No items, 4 stocks, battlefield... Nanami is educating these casuals.
Jul 21, 2016 9:15 AM

Apr 2015
What the hell was that episode haha ? I laughed so much at the aphrodisiac part Hiyoko is so evil lol. And that part Akane x Nekomaru omg my ship. Mikan I saw what you did there. Nanami is so cute loved how she presented games to the other. I guess it's good to change the mood after that episode in the future arc. :D I like the relationship between Nanami and Hinata so far but I have a feeling that something bad will happen and with the appearance of Kuzuryu's sister shit is coming. :( Loved that episode <33
MiayaJul 21, 2016 9:25 AM
Jul 21, 2016 9:17 AM

Mar 2009
Beginning of the twilight oh yes!
Wasn't she supposed to be in the main course though?

Overall a decent episode but I think it was a bit too slow. Well, now we're getting to the real meat of the story it seems.
Jul 21, 2016 9:21 AM

May 2016
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! THINGS WILL GO TO HELL SOON!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY KUZURYU SISTER? WHY????????????????????????
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 21, 2016 9:21 AM

Jan 2016
Nintendo games and aphrodisiac orgies? In my despair arc?

Oh boy this is so lighthearted and fu--

Jul 21, 2016 9:25 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
well that was probably the last episode where everything's fun and games I reckon
Jul 21, 2016 9:27 AM
May 2016
Well we finally meet Fuyuhiko sister. RIP
Jul 21, 2016 9:29 AM

Oct 2013
So much fanservice in this one and, although I don't like it much when this happens, somehow here feels kinda refreshing and a little bit sad, knowing what's coming in the future.

We all thought Chiaki wasn't going to be present in the show and yet not also she is right there, she seems to be very important for the class too. I'm going for a prediction here: Chiaki will be the main source of hope of the entire class, but when in the future something bad will happen to her, that hope will vanish causing in despair to prevail.

The ending showed us a VERY interesting thing. The beginning of the twilight is approaching, the start of something awful.

Overall, liked the episode. 4/5
Jul 21, 2016 9:30 AM

May 2016
More proof that Mikan is best girl...
HyperLJul 21, 2016 9:38 AM
You are not your body, you are your brain, the "self" that emerges from within it.
Jul 21, 2016 9:36 AM

Sep 2009
Was the building where Munakata was at the same building where Future Foundation is at in Mirai-hen? Looks similar.

Oh dear twilight syndrome is here. With the arrival of Kuzuryuu's sister and Hinata seriously considering joining the project, shit's about to hit the fan soon.
Jul 21, 2016 9:44 AM

Aug 2013
no one saw the hunter hunter gon parody from Akane????
Jul 21, 2016 9:49 AM

Oct 2013
Adibash said:

I saw it, incredibly hilarious :DD
Jul 21, 2016 9:50 AM

Apr 2016
Adibash said:

I was gonna mention this haha.
And add on Mikan and the tip
Taylor Swift omfg. I burst out laughing at that.

Annd Hinata and Chiaki's interaction -w- too gooood.
"I reserve my right to feel uncomfortable, reserve my right to be afraid,
I make mistakes and I am humbled every step of the way,
I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan,
Cast your stones, cast your judgment. You don't make me who I am."
Jul 21, 2016 9:52 AM

Dec 2012
Nice fanservice there,I gladly appreciate this kind of thing:

too bad hinata wasn't there to fuck him really nice

How come king Ko's speech is a turn off to everyone but a big turn on to..me?! Such weird people smh

Damn Teruteru,back at it again with the pop stars

Ok,enough lovely hope for the day my kids,it's time for incoming despair!
Jul 21, 2016 9:52 AM

May 2016
Someone already uploaded best moment to youtube...
Jul 21, 2016 9:54 AM

Apr 2014
We need more sexy soup time

Jul 21, 2016 9:54 AM

Jan 2016
HyperL said:
Someone already uploaded best moment to youtube...

is this the ultimate fan service episode? maybe getting to know the cast again was super good
Jul 21, 2016 10:00 AM

Aug 2010
This ep is pure fanservice for the game players :3

I LOVE IT!!!

Friggin Gon HxH reference lol

The aphrodisiac scene was pure 10/10. MIKAN AND THE TIP :L Chisa and Owari! Mahiru's selfies, Komaeda lol and Dat Nanami uppercut!

Love how they're focusing on Nanami so much. She's so much <3

The end was HYPE!!! Kuzuryu's imouto and Twilight Syndrome shall commence. Didn't expect Hinata to be directly connected
Jul 21, 2016 10:02 AM

Jul 2012
The scout was going to meet Celes! "A girl that is famous in the underground gambling"
Teruteru's medicine was made together with the SHSL Pharmacist and that is Seiko (http://myanimelist.net/character/140019/Seiko_Kimura)
Level 3 Sayajin Akane! :O
Sooooo, we are going to see some of the Danganronpa 0 events, interesting. I wonder if that building that Munasaka is working on is going to be important (maybe I'm missing something...)
DIRECTOR! So many faces from DR3 :O So he was against THAT project.
OWWWN THEY ARE ALL PLAYING SMASH BROOOOOS! SO CUTEEE!! Playing against Nagito is not a good idea tho xD
KUZYURU'S SISTER! I wonder if they are going to show us THAT event. The peaceful days are over, then? ;-;

The problem with this anime is that it will break my kokoro Ç-Ç

Jul 21, 2016 10:03 AM

Apr 2011
This episode was hilarious omg
Super Smash Bros and Bomberman, so good...

And the fanservice scenes were great.
FragOutFire said:

is this the ultimate fan service episode? maybe getting to know the cast again was super good

Gundam almost killed me. lmao

Oh boy, the more I watch this the less prepared I feel for what's to come. I don't want these kids to suffer. ):
Jul 21, 2016 10:04 AM

Dec 2012
tfw you're horny af and gotta stop your friend but you end up being horny for your friend

and your swordwoman wife is mad in the back
Jul 21, 2016 10:04 AM

Apr 2010
Great Episode.
Chiaki the "Ano Ne" Girl is always the best girl!

But the ending :((
I feel despair

Anyway, so..
GAME SPOILER
Jul 21, 2016 10:13 AM

Dec 2013
D a m n. This episode was a completelu change from Mirai-hen, I laughed so hard here. rofl

In the beginning we have more Scout, and hell, this guy sure is funny :'D Also he's going to scout Celes right now!! Holy shit, soon the 78th class will be made and this will be... Despair inducing. @_@

I laughed so hard with that reference to HXH, and Ryota is too precious ;w; The scene with Hinata is just so good because of his style, and srsly... I don't him to become "that boy", but we already know how this will end...): Also Kazuo! I didn't expect to see him in Zet-hen o_o' Well, the more you know...

Chiaki playing with her friends was hilarious! That reference to SSB, also that Komaeda's luck :'D It was nice! And I got the reference from the case 3 in SDR2 that you did, Kodaka. >D

Nanami is too cute ;w; She's inviting Hinata to go play with her... Ohmy <3~ And that lewd scene with Hiyoko saying "W-Wel, you can lick the tip of my shoes", dude, that was crazy, but Komaeda and Mikan were the best, as always. 8)

And... That ending. Welp... The happy moments were good, but I think that will end... Right? But why Fuyuhiko's sister is in the Reserve Course? lol Gotta explain that, Kodaka...

5/5.

Mirai-hen was still better, tho.
Jul 21, 2016 10:14 AM
Nov 2014
But Sato had the ultimate archer tale
Tamura said:
Great Episode.
Chiaki the "Ano Ne" Girl is always the best girl!

But the ending :((
I feel despair

Anyway, so..
GAME SPOILER

Yes. 100% sure that is Sato. I still don't understand why Natsumi and Sato are in the reserve course since they have talents. (Ultimate Archer/Ultimate Little Sister)
Jul 21, 2016 10:14 AM

Jul 2013
FragOutFire said:
Nintendo games and aphrodisiac orgies? In my despair arc?

Oh boy this is so lighthearted and fu--

This is literally my reaction
Jul 21, 2016 10:17 AM
Nov 2014
Izuru will kill Chiaki.

Just wait for it.
Jul 21, 2016 10:20 AM

Jun 2016
I don't get the Taylor Swift reference...???
Jul 21, 2016 10:20 AM

Oct 2014
I feel sorry for all those people who will never experience the supreme ecstasy of watching your waifu get animated and receive further character development. AND OMG THAT SCENE WHERE SHE TOOK HAJIME'S HAND WAS AMAZING, I THINK MY HEART MIGHT HAVE SKIPPED A BEAT. Nanami-sannnnnnnnnnnnnnn~~~~~~~

This is just so good, the references to the the deaths in dr2 during the games at the start hit really hard especially the part where Tanaka and Nidai went in on each other and both ended up dying. The love scenes were amazing too, Tanaka trying to control his arm and Nagito getting aroused by hope made me laugh my ass off. Ah I also liked the part where Sonia implied she wasn't a virgin, this anime is perfect so far I really hope it keeps up because if so it will absolutely be one of my favorites.

Looks like next week is gonna be the start of despair though, it's a shame after the stunning Chiaki episode we got today. Still though I'm really excited to find out the whole story about what happened to Kuzuryuu's sister and how that impacted the class.
Jul 21, 2016 10:21 AM

Nov 2011
Hopesexual is a thing.

Jul 21, 2016 10:31 AM
Nov 2014
Ryouri said:
D a m n. This episode was a completelu change from Mirai-hen, I laughed so hard here. rofl

In the beginning we have more Scout, and hell, this guy sure is funny :'D Also he's going to scout Celes right now!! Holy shit, soon the 78th class will be made and this will be... Despair inducing. @_@

I laughed so hard with that reference to HXH, and Ryota is too precious ;w; The scene with Hinata is just so good because of his style, and srsly... I don't him to become "that boy", but we already know how this will end...): Also Kazuo! I didn't expect to see him in Zet-hen o_o' Well, the more you know...

Chiaki playing with her friends was hilarious! That reference to SSB, also that Komaeda's luck :'D It was nice! And I got the reference from the case 3 in SDR2 that you did, Kodaka. >D

Nanami is too cute ;w; She's inviting Hinata to go play with her... Ohmy <3~ And that lewd scene with Hiyoko saying "W-Wel, you can lick the tip of my shoes", dude, that was crazy, but Komaeda and Mikan were the best, as always. 8)

And... That ending. Welp... The happy moments were good, but I think that will end... Right? But why Fuyuhiko's sister is in the Reserve Course? lol Gotta explain that, Kodaka...

5/5.

Mirai-hen was still better, tho.

Probably Natsumi's talent wasn't so good to be qualified in the main course.
Jul 21, 2016 10:37 AM

Dec 2014
despair volume seems so lighthearted against the future one...preety much enjoyed the episode
Jul 21, 2016 10:38 AM
Jul 2016
sadclown said:
I don't get the Taylor Swift reference...???

(SPOILER FOR THE GAME)

It's a reference in the SDR2 game before you appoint Teruteru as the culprit he shouts out Avrillll Lavigneee with a texan accent.
Jul 21, 2016 10:40 AM

Mar 2011
This was completely hilarious...... And worrying at the same time. It pretty much spells out the details about what will happen later and the trigger, especially if you know Izuuru. This false security is horrible, the next eps will hit HARD. VERY, VERY HARD.

velvetprayer said:
Was the building where Munakata was at the same building where Future Foundation is at in Mirai-hen? Looks similar.

Oh dear twilight syndrome is here. With the arrival of Kuzuryuu's sister and Hinata seriously considering joining the project, shit's about to hit the fan soon.

It is.

How come king Ko's speech is a turn off to everyone but a big turn on to..me?! Such weird people smh

Funny part is that it probably spells out what will happen.... Which will make it even less funny in the future.

DIRECTOR! So many faces from DR3 :O So he was against THAT project.

there's a """conflict""" between him and Narukami since the very beginning, he's way more spportive of Naegi than him. But in the other hand he also takes way less "actions" than Munakata despite this. I feel this guy will be a tragic character.

Izuru will kill Chiaki.

Just wait for it.

I'd rather say that someone else (lol not a lot of options) will and it will be Izuru's catalyst. Although this is also possible and given what Izuru IS supposed to be, it would make sense for everyone to go completely crazy then. But Natsumi is certainly included in this mess somehow.
willardhwrightJul 21, 2016 10:53 AM
Jul 21, 2016 10:45 AM

May 2016
"Hope...
Hope feels amazing"

-Nagito Komaeda while very horny.

I am going to cherish that line till the end of my life. I'd tattoo this shit on my neck if I were stupid enough.
Jul 21, 2016 10:57 AM

Mar 2015
Pretty good fanservice episode 4/5

I suppose we should appreciate them considering things are going downhill next week
Jul 21, 2016 10:59 AM
Aug 2015
omfg what a glorious episode (WE NEED MORE SAIONJI FFS)

too bad that shit will start to get very serious from now on
PogChamp
Jul 21, 2016 11:00 AM

Dec 2007
Looks like winter despair is coming soon

Jul 21, 2016 11:28 AM

Apr 2010
Oh boy, this is exciting!

Also, that was hilarious how they made them blue in the background:

http://imgur.com/a/NqOJD
Jul 21, 2016 11:32 AM

Jul 2010
So Mahiru has a friend in Reserve Students. Probably it is Sato.

Nice Hinata and Chiaki moment there.

Ok, the irony ends here I guess. The irony that is, anime called "future" is full of despair, anime called "despair" is full of hope.
Jul 21, 2016 11:40 AM

Oct 2015
Wasn't expecting this to be such a funny episode! It killed me.

Incoming Kuzuryu's bitch sister whom deservedly gets all that's coming to her.

How long before Taylor Swift tries to sue?
Jul 21, 2016 11:41 AM

Feb 2016
Blue carachters are like the pink blood. Its a caracteristic of Danganronpa. More DRAE than the others
Jul 21, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
Loved the part where they were all playing games. 5/5
Jul 21, 2016 11:47 AM

Apr 2016
It's kinda awesome how this show manages to blend in story components and fanservice SoL and interweave it into a fun and enjoyful experience.

Story:

The balls are starting to roll as new developments are being introduced. Fans of the previous games would understand what is going on.

First there's the overarching story about Hajime accepting this "offer" from the higher ups at the school. They're using the Reserve Course fund to run a shady program within the school, and not-Narukami is catching on to this plan, sending Chisa to investigate under the cover of a homeroom teacher. Anyone who played DR2 knows that this is
I wonder what secret Chisa will uncover out of this, and how this would affect DR2's story, as well as the Future arc. This is also in relation to the old guy who showed up, who is also part of Future Arc, so I wonder if anything he knows from Despair will be used against him.

Then there's the adaption of Twilight Syndrome: Muder Case, the mini prequel story that was introduced in Chapter 2 of DR2, serving as a motive in the game. From what we know from the game, there's supposed to be Mikan, Ibuki, Hiyoko, Mahiru, and "Sato" as the 5 merry friends, and Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu and his sister, now introduced as Natsumi, as the second party (with Peko as an unmentioned participant). We've seen Natsumi at the end of this episode joining Hajime's Reserve Course class, and Mahiru mentioning "a friend" who is also a Reserve Course student. Now I'm curious how this show will adapt the rest of the story:
We can only wait and see.

And the last bit, the adaption of Danganronpa/Zero, or at least the background story featured in it. We know that something big happened with the Student Council and Hajime, but now we know that Chiaki is going to be the Class Rep for her class in the Council, which basically confirms her involvement. This means that
Definitely the story I'm most looking forward to, as well as the one I dread the most.

But now...

Silly Fanservice:

In complete contrast, the actual events that occurred in this episode were hilarious and great to see. Akane and Neko fighting off shonen style while most of the class ignores them (Nagito is great i this scene). Then there's them playing video games in class, ranging from Super Smash Brothers, Mario Kart, and Bomberman. I didn't recognize the second one, but it's so much fun seeing them play like this, and with their individual avatars as well. So cool! But the big one for this episode HAS to be the drugged up food. Everyone getting super erotic is just the best thing I think I've seen. There was fuel for so many ships, with Neko and Akane, Fuyuhiko and Soda, Nagito and Hope, Mahiru and her Camera. Oh, it's so great. The funniest and best one has to be Mikan lusting for that
thick,
long,
hard,
throbbing,
sword
to go up her you-know-what.
And then Teruteru getting a bit rape-y with Hiyoko until Chiaki Dragon Fisted his ass into Taylor Swift land. It was all just so well executed. I know we are getting signs of the Despair coming in, but I wish that every episode, at least the next 8, can be as fun as this one!

*Sigh* But a man can only hope....
All hail the Almighty Funyarinpa!... Wait, what do you mean you don't know what it is?! How DARE you! SAY you're sorry!!! APOLOGIZE TO THE FUNYARINPA!
______________________________________________________________________________________
Jul 21, 2016 11:47 AM

Aug 2009
Everyone playing video games - so awesome <3 <3 Then it became really awkward with the sexy soup, ahaha.. xD

I love how they make references to other SHSL characters and also seeing familiar faces from Future arc. Ultimate Little Sister is here, I don't understand why she'll be in class with Hajime. Though I'm so glad the twilight arc will fit in now.
Jul 21, 2016 11:50 AM

Oct 2012
The calm before the storm. The very fanservice-y, over the top and at times really weird, but still fun calm.

Chiaki ;_;
Jul 21, 2016 11:53 AM

Jul 2014
This have more SDR2 SoL fanservice than actual plot but srsly I LOVE EVERY PART ABOUT THAT FANSERVICE. or rather i wish there's a spin off with this kind of content. FOREVER.

It's been 2 episodes and tbh i still can't help but smile when i see Komeada talk about hope. and again his luck was just insane in the video game :DDD
Jul 21, 2016 12:09 PM
Mar 2016
Fuyuhiko's sister?
Are we getting Twilight Syndrome Murder Case action here?
I hope so! Can't wait for the next episode XD
Jul 21, 2016 12:11 PM

Nov 2014
Chiaki is the first main character who doesn't sit at window row. She defies ANIME LOGIC

The misery will come soon.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» *spoilers* Why do people not like this season?

kakashis_sidehoe - Mar 26, 2023

33 by Kiryotsu »»
Jan 5, 10:53 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 15, 2016

526 by Salty_Cookie »»
Jan 4, 9:44 PM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Aug 25, 2016

242 by Nanashi »»
Jan 3, 7:09 AM

Poll: » Danganronpa 3: The End of Kibougamine Gakuen - Zetsubou-hen Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 22, 2016

255 by KSkillmyself »»
Dec 7, 2023 11:29 PM

» Small criticism about some aspects and a specific character

Bard_Eren - May 20, 2023

11 by GreatSoldier34 »»
May 20, 2023 4:41 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.