Forum Settings
Forums

[Fixed] Only a portion of the profile picture is showing in the top right corner

New
Jul 20, 2016 2:54 AM

Jul 2016
Alright, so I was dorking around earlier, just minding my own business, and I noticed something odd. My avatar in the top right corner next to my username had turned into something strange. Note that I haven't changed my avatar at all. It's supposed to still be Freddie. Just take a look for yourself to see what I mean.

Look at it! It's obviously not supposed to look like that. I tried refreshing and closing the tab and all that, but it's still like that. My avatar looks fine everywhere else.
Edit: Someone informed me that it's a bug, and that it's just showing a section of my avatar instead of the full thing. it's fucking weird.
LunaAug 31, 2016 10:32 AM

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 20, 2016 3:20 AM

Jun 2015
its a bug. Its a little portion of your dp. Like a close up, not the whole image resized. I'm also having that problem. I'm getting the top middle portion of my dp shown, where before it showed the whole face.
TinniJul 20, 2016 3:32 AM

set by secret santa ; thank you! ily ♥️
Jul 20, 2016 3:22 AM

Jul 2016
Mayumi said:
its a bug. Its a little portion of your dp. Like a close up, not the whole image resized. I'm also having that problem. I'm getting the top middle portion of my dp shown, where before it showed the whole face.

You're right! I just looked closely, and it seems to be a portion of Freddie's hair. That's a really strange bug.

Was it the shyness in my soul that made me lonely just like you? No one noticed I was there, when I walked into the room.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 20, 2016 3:27 AM

Feb 2015
Yup, it seemed to change to the new bugged version an hour or two ago. Not sure what's going on, but it doesn't really matter, lol.
Jul 20, 2016 3:29 AM

Jul 2016
Milennin said:
Yup, it seemed to change to the new bugged version an hour or two ago. Not sure what's going on, but it doesn't really matter, lol.

It doesn't matter really, but it's kinda annoying.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 20, 2016 3:34 AM

Jun 2015
Rolfe said:

It doesn't matter really, but it's kinda annoying.

It does look weird, but after a while I started ignoring it. Its not so hard to. But hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

Jul 20, 2016 8:37 AM

Jun 2014
I have also noticed the same problem as soon as I logged in today. I hope it gets fixed soon.

Jul 20, 2016 12:25 PM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
I reported the problem so it can be fixed, thank you.
Jul 20, 2016 1:50 PM

May 2008
I don't know how such a bug even happened to start with. I figure it's just a css altercation.
Jul 23, 2016 4:57 PM

Jan 2013
Any ETA on this being fixed? It's triggering my autism.
Jul 23, 2016 5:06 PM

Jul 2016
Syrup- said:

It hasn't been fixed yet and it's really annoying.

-Freddie Mercury
Jul 24, 2016 12:59 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Syrup- said:

I don't have any ETA, sorry. But since it's not a bug that's affecting actual functionality (you can still click the picture to get to your profile) it doesn't have the highest priority. Please also note that the devs don't work on the weekend unless there's an emergency.
Jul 28, 2016 11:59 AM

Apr 2010
I had been wondering about this too. Took me a while to realise it was only showing the "L" league logo from my avatar.
Aug 6, 2016 3:32 AM

Jan 2013
Luna said:
Syrup- said:

I don't have any ETA, sorry. But since it's not a bug that's affecting actual functionality (you can still click the picture to get to your profile) it doesn't have the highest priority. Please also note that the devs don't work on the weekend unless there's an emergency.
Seeing as it's been like this for so long, I have to wonder how many priority things the devs are working on that they can't spend a few minutes to debug this problem. It's been two and a half weeks. I realize MAL doesn't have top notch programmers, but one would think it would be fixed by now.

Yeah, I realize it's one small square in the corner. However, it was one straw that broke the camel's back, so clearing out little problems like this has some value.
Syrup-Aug 6, 2016 3:37 AM
Aug 9, 2016 11:13 PM

Sep 2015
Mine doesn't even show up in there and only shows a blank square. At first I thought it was just because my internet connection problem but it never showed up. I have tried to do deleting-reuploading couple of time, even changed it with new different picture but it still doesn't work.
Here is the screen shot.

It is not big problem and doesn't affect the functionality but it's really a sore in the eyes

Tobacco Causes Severe Health Problems, Smoke Moderately While Respecting Others.
Aug 10, 2016 1:38 AM

May 2008
Here is the fix:

.page-common .header-profile-button { background-size: 100% 100%; }

It's simple as can be. MAL needs to fire their 'developers/coders' if they can't even handle something like that.

UpperCat said:
Mine doesn't even show up in there and only shows a blank square. At first I thought it was just because my internet connection problem but it never showed up. I have tried to do deleting-reuploading couple of time, even changed it with new different picture but it still doesn't work.
Here is the screen shot.

It is not big problem and doesn't affect the functionality but it's really a sore in the eyes

It's showing up, it's just you're getting only the white background part of your image.

Anyhow I've supplied MAL devs the code to fix what they broke.
KobyAug 10, 2016 1:41 AM
Aug 10, 2016 1:48 AM

Feb 2011
UpperCat said:

^
and it's also literally into every page

Koby said:
Here is the fix:

.page-common .header-profile-button { background-size: 100% 100%; }

thanks, seems my stylesheet for fixes on mal is going to grow

that one did stretch my profile a bit cause mine isn't a square, i changed it to this for me:

.page-common .header-profile-button { background-size: cover ; }
this one makes it look like it was before, makes it fit while keeping the image ratio, but cuts corners if the image isn't square
ZeandoAug 10, 2016 1:57 AM

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Aug 10, 2016 7:05 AM

Jul 2016
So they still haven't bothered fixing it?

-Freddie Mercury
Aug 10, 2016 8:02 AM

Jun 2015
gosh it still hasn't been fixed. On phone its fine for me, but my laptop one is starting to be an eyesore.

Aug 15, 2016 5:19 AM

Jan 2013
lol MAL come on. It's been nearly a month. I'd like to see these "priorities" that needed to be taken care of first.

That's impossible though, considering they don't exist.
Aug 15, 2016 9:59 AM

Jun 2011
Syrup- said:
lol MAL come on. It's been nearly a month. I'd like to see these "priorities" that needed to be taken care of first.

That's impossible though, considering they don't exist.

Seems like it's even just a one line fix. I hope they aren't paying these developers more than minimum wage.
Aug 16, 2016 12:43 PM

Jul 2016
Oh come the fuck on, has it really been this long without a fix?

-Freddie Mercury
Aug 18, 2016 3:16 AM

Sep 2014
I wonder if it's ever gonna be fixed... it's been a month already.
Aug 19, 2016 3:19 PM

Jul 2016
Nomori said:
I wonder if it's ever gonna be fixed... it's been a month already.

Nah, the people who claim they're gonna fix it are too busy sticking their thumbs up their asses.

-Freddie Mercury
Aug 23, 2016 1:45 AM

Jul 2008
I'm seeing that it's not only me with that problem.

Another way to remove that image in Firefox, is with the AdBblock Plus + Element Hider combo.
Aug 24, 2016 8:56 AM

Jan 2013
You know the funniest part? They just broke my profile script to move the about me section to the old position. Clearly they're fixing stuff around here, but it's stuff that's not broken.
Aug 24, 2016 10:27 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Syrup- said:
You know the funniest part? They just broke my profile script to move the about me section to the old position. Clearly they're fixing stuff around here, but it's stuff that's not broken.

That's because the site uses now SSL, this means you have to edit your userscripts and change everything from http to https.

The devs have been very busy with implementing things, for example SSL, a feature that has been requested many times by many users (so please don't complain they only do useless things).

I have asked them to please give this bug a higher priority, but they still have other important things to do, so please understand that something that's not affecting the functionality of the site can't be fixed immediately at the moment.

Also, some people in this thread should really think about their disrespectful behavior. I get that it can be frustrating if bugs don't get fixed immediately. But some people might still remember when this site was owned by Crave and bugs were not fixed for months or years. Maybe some of you remember the img tag not working for several months. We can be really thankful that now we do have a company that puts effort into improving the site. Maybe you don't understand all the time why they are doing this and that, or why they are prioritizing certain things over others. All of this does have some reason though, and sometimes certain things just need to be done a certain way. You need to remember 2 things: a) this site got almost no development for several years (when it was owned by Crave) so there are features missing and still many existing bugs from back then, all things that need to be taken care of now, and b) this site needs to make money otherwise the servers and devs can't be paid, so they also need to work on that aspect. But the important part is that DeNA and the dev team are willing to fix the bugs and will fix them eventually - so please give them the time. It's fine to express your frustration, but this can still be done with some respect towards the people who are working on improving the site.
Aug 24, 2016 10:47 AM

Jan 2013
Luna said:
That's because the site uses now SSL, this means you have to edit your userscripts and change everything from http to https.
I see, thanks.

Also, some people in this thread should really think about their disrespectful behavior. I get that it can be frustrating if bugs don't get fixed immediately. But some people might still remember when this site was owned by Crave and bugs were not fixed for months or years. Maybe some of you remember the img tag not working for several months. We can be really thankful that now we do have a company that puts effort into improving the site. Maybe you don't understand all the time why they are doing this and that, or why they are prioritizing certain things over others. All of this does have some reason though, and sometimes certain things just need to be done a certain way. You need to remember 2 things: a) this site got almost no development for several years (when it was owned by Crave) so there are features missing and still many existing bugs from back then, all things that need to be taken care of now, and b) this site needs to make money otherwise the servers and devs can't be paid, so they also need to work on that aspect. But the important part is that DeNA and the dev team are willing to fix the bugs and will fix them eventually - so please give them the time. It's fine to express your frustration, but this can still be done with some respect towards the people who are working on improving the site.
Oh boy, the speech about things being SO MUCH better now. Cool, the profiles got redesigned and some features are fixed. Does this mean one of the code monkeys can't take 5 seconds to patch a line? Of course people are going to be disrespectful when a site does not perform the way they expect it to. It's pathetic that such a small microscopic problem has been around for over a month, and even moreso that the devs have no multitasking ability to fix these things.

At the end of the day this kind of speech is unprofessional. Whether it makes money or not, MAL is part of a market, and the customers will go wherever they want. Small problems like this influence decisions a lot. Begging for respect is not going to change that. I give you kudos for not silencing people outright by deleting comments though.
Aug 31, 2016 10:32 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
This has been fixed.
Aug 31, 2016 1:59 PM

Jan 2013
Luna said:
This has been fixed.
Just turned off my stylish theme to check that and thought I would pop in here and give credit where it's due. That was fairly prompt after the SSL/HTTPS implementation.

edit oops long day
Aug 31, 2016 2:00 PM

Jan 2013
Yay :D
Aug 31, 2016 6:58 PM

Jul 2016
Oh, yay. Thank you.

-Freddie Mercury

More topics from this board

» I can't use forums using Windows High Contrast anymore

vasipi4946 - Yesterday

4 by Noboru »»
3 hours ago

Sticky: » Inactive Username Request Thread ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kineta - Sep 21, 2015

3372 by GARFIELDD666 »»
Yesterday, 10:02 PM

» [Reported] Username being auto-pasted into search bar

DariTheWeeb - Feb 19

49 by DeadPiles »»
Yesterday, 6:03 PM

» IP ban glitch?

AverageRiceFan - Apr 21

2 by hich4n_ »»
Yesterday, 12:15 PM

» ishinashi has 300 alt accounts and counting ( 1 2 3 )

deg - Jun 16, 2023

127 by Spunkert »»
Yesterday, 6:05 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.