Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 23, 2010 7:11 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I can see a love triangle between Inuyasha, Koga and Kagome^^ Obviously Kagome is going to end up with Inuyasha so no harm there :D Koga kidnap Kagome to use her ability to see Shikon Jewel shards in order to destroy the demonic Birds of Paradise attacking his clan, it's a little too much but oh well.
Mar 29, 2010 7:21 AM

Mar 2010
*scream* why does kagome have to scream alot
obviously kagome is going to end up with inuyasha
i wonder how long it will take for kagome to find the jewels she will probably be old when she finds them all
Aug 5, 2011 7:46 PM
Aug 2009
This is one of my fav. episodes! <3

I like Koga, I personally think he's nicer and smarter than Inu-yasha. I would totally go for Koga. X3
May 12, 2012 11:38 PM

Jan 2011
While Koga does have a certain lupine charm, it would be well to remember that he was responsible for destroying and killing an entire human village. He is a charming wolf demon, but a wolf just the same..
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Feb 13, 2013 4:32 PM

Jan 2012
Anyone else notice there was no females
Feb 16, 2014 9:25 AM

Apr 2010
Hermit_Chuck said:
Anyone else notice there was no females

Actually they were...look at the background when Koga enters that cave or whatever it is with Kagome.
Apr 24, 2014 8:21 AM
Mar 2013
It's pretty cool how Koga can run vertically up cliffs. Seriously though, Kagome got captured way to easily. I can see her getting kidnapped again and again in order to advance the plot. Hope they come up with something different otherwise it'll get old fast.

After what Koga did to Rin and the human village last episode it's hard to sympathize with him and his clan being eaten by the demon birds. But I suppose if Koga decides not to eat humans then maybe Kagome and Inuyasha can spare him.
Aug 22, 2014 10:03 PM

May 2013
Pretty boring episode for me, at least Koga is interesting.

Jul 28, 2015 6:44 PM

Aug 2013
Oh boy, when two foul mouth encounter... x)

I wonder where it is develloping right now. We haven't heard of Naraku since he gained al those Shikon shards. There is also now that weird subplot with those silly birds. Humanoid birds versus humanoid wolves! I'm pretty sure the bird is advantaged in that case.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
May 2, 2016 2:18 PM

Jul 2015
i don't like that Koga guy
May 6, 2016 6:01 PM
Apr 2016
I don't like him either. To me he is just comedy relief yet gets more appearances than Kikyou.
Jan 8, 2017 2:15 PM

Jul 2013
Still like Koga a lot. I think what I like about Inuyasha is that even the antagonists are enjoyable to watch. But I feel like Inuyasha & Co. should have just led the birds to the wolf tribe so then they could rescue Kagome while the wolves were distracted.
Apr 12, 2019 7:38 PM
Nekogirl~

Mar 2014
Koga is actually somewhat cute lol
Will Inuyasha save her or will she get out of there by herself?

Aug 17, 2019 8:58 AM

Jul 2015
Looks like they have been dragged into this war between birds and wolves.

May 6, 2020 1:32 AM

Apr 2017
I didn't like this one at first but it got better. I still don't like Koga, though.
Awoo :3
Sep 22, 2020 9:34 AM

Dec 2007
inuyasha got insulted for what he is xD

i never liked koga so much, his story is interesting though.
Oct 13, 2020 12:11 AM

Jul 2009
Damn, I thought Koga was voiced by Hikaru Midorikawa.

https://myanimelist.net/people/112/Hikaru_Midorikawa

But seems it's a different one. They do sound similar.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Taiki-Matsuno/

Guess everything is gonna be on hold until these demons gets resolved and all.
Nov 5, 2020 12:51 PM

Apr 2018
hahaha this was a cute episode. I love the bickering.
Dec 12, 2020 1:52 PM

Feb 2012
Love the cheesiness of the dub with Inuyasha and Koga exchanging their dog-themed insults.

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Aug 28, 2021 6:29 AM

Apr 2013
Koga is pretty annoying... he saw how dangerous Inuyasha is and still decides to steal his girl and bring her to his den. Way to go to endanger your whole tribe lol
Aug 9, 2022 12:06 AM

Jan 2018
This Koga guy reminds me a bit about Ryoga Hibiki... I don't like him. I can't like someone who has no regard for human life. He might change later on but that won't make me forget what he did. In the end, he's a man-eating demon, not a human.

Shippo was almost useful... until he wasn't. I don't know why he's even part of the main cast of characters. He doesn't banter with Inuyasha that often so even as comic relief he's not that interesting.

Aug 9, 2022 1:48 AM

Jun 2019
0451 said:
This Koga guy reminds me a bit about Ryoga Hibiki... I don't like him. I can't like someone who has no regard for human life. He might change later on but that won't make me forget what he did. In the end, he's a man-eating demon, not a human.

Shippo was almost useful... until he wasn't. I don't know why he's even part of the main cast of characters. He doesn't banter with Inuyasha that often so even as comic relief he's not that interesting.

Koga, albeit for a different reason, is my least favorite character in the entire series.

But regarding the point about him and his wolf youkai tribe eating humans in that overrun village - the view of most youkai, at least with the youkai in this series and its interpretation of them, toward humans, is at best the way most humans view other mammals as something vaguely relatable with some similar traits, maybe some semblance of intelligence and capable of pain and empathy, but still an inherently weaker, lower form of life not above being exploited or eaten at best, to the way many insects and pest species are viewed, as a vermin pollutant and eyesore to be wiped out at worst. In one of the very early episodes in the three episode chain introducing Sesshomaru, he refers to them disdainfully as something akin to insects and Inuyasha's possession of half human blood/ancestry is a source of the prejudice toward him.

So as much as I dislike Koga's nonsense in general, he is representative of most of the youkai in general on this one.
Aug 9, 2022 9:44 AM

Jan 2018
WatchTillTandava said:
0451 said:

Koga, albeit for a different reason, is my least favorite character in the entire series.

But regarding the point about him and his wolf youkai tribe eating humans in that overrun village - the view of most youkai, at least with the youkai in this series and its interpretation of them, toward humans, is at best the way most humans view other mammals as something vaguely relatable with some similar traits, maybe some semblance of intelligence and capable of pain and empathy, but still an inherently weaker, lower form of life not above being exploited or eaten at best, to the way many insects and pest species are viewed, as a vermin pollutant and eyesore to be wiped out at worst. In one of the very early episodes in the three episode chain introducing Sesshomaru, he refers to them disdainfully as something akin to insects and Inuyasha's possession of half human blood/ancestry is a source of the prejudice toward him.

So as much as I dislike Koga's nonsense in general, he is representative of most of the youkai in general on this one.
Yeah, that makes sense. But what I actually don't like about Koga is that the show's trying to portray him as "he's not such a bad guy" via Kagome when characters of his nature were villains in past episodes. It was rushed. If this was done a couple of episodes later maybe it would've been less glaring.

Koga's annoying. It's conflicting that he's not fully evil but he's not good either. He might get a redemption arc later but I don't see him becoming anything more than an anti-hero who sometimes meddles with the main cast of characters, similar to Sesshomaru maybe but not as compelling. Compare him to Sesshomaru who's clearly evil but has some good in him which makes him interesting to watch.
0451Aug 9, 2022 9:14 PM
Jan 21, 4:12 AM
Dec 2018
Koga surly And Kagome is annoying
Mar 20, 9:06 AM

Feb 2019
No, Kagome, he IS a bad guy.

After all, he let his wolves devour an entire village of innocent villagers.

More topics from this board

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 17 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 11:07 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 16 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

29 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 10:25 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 14 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

19 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 9:44 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 9 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Jan 3, 2010

21 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:49 AM

Poll: » InuYasha Episode 4 Discussion

ShanaFlame - Dec 29, 2009

30 by Fabrizio00 »»
Apr 11, 6:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.