Forum Settings
Forums
New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (77) « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »
May 29, 2017 9:56 AM

Aug 2010
Pretty crap game that Huddersfield edged.

Amazing achievement. Congratz Kilner.

Wonder if Webber's regretting it yet.
May 29, 2017 9:57 AM

May 2015
Congratulations to Huddersfield. Massive summer for them. Need to look at getting Mooy and Ward permanently along with a premiership class striker etc. It'd be nice to see Wagner get one over Klopp next season ngl.
May 29, 2017 10:50 AM

Aug 2010
just a reminder that this exists.

May 29, 2017 11:00 AM
Jul 2018
Congrats huddersfield. Apparently the first team to be promoted with neagtive GD.

I guess Mooy will have some clubs running after him, wonder City will sell him or loan him again.
May 29, 2017 11:00 AM

Oct 2010
Happy for Huddersfield, tipped for relegation to League 1 but managed to get promoted to the PL. On balance, probably the better team today, only let down by some awful decision making and finishing in the final third. Important for them that they retain some of their loan signings and make some inspired signings in the Summer if they want to stay up as they are undoubtedly going to be favs for the drop.
May 29, 2017 11:13 AM
Jul 2018
So barca announced Valverde as their new manager, wonder if fans are happy about that.
May 29, 2017 11:26 AM

Mar 2016
Frostbytes said:
So barca announced Valverde as their new manager, wonder if fans are happy about that.

I don't know why barca never get a renowned coach. Though Valverde is decent. He always gave Madrid and barca a hard time in La Liga especially in San Mames Bilbao stadium. He beat barca 4-0 in super copa de España. Of course, as a Real Madrid fan, I wish him no luck with Barca .
Shishou_23May 29, 2017 11:32 AM
May 29, 2017 3:20 PM

Nov 2011
so we're all agreed that its my turn for promotion next season right?
SWFC

We're all Wednesday arent we?
May 30, 2017 4:46 AM
Jul 2018
Soo Wenger has signed a new 2 years contract. I am really happy now that Arsenal won the FA cup.
May 30, 2017 4:56 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Think that was to be expected at this point

But I think it's the right decision all things considered. The Arsenal fans haven't really been very respectful or reasonable in their hate towards him

I mean fuck it's like Tottenham's best season in 50 years and supposedly Arsenal's worst in 20 years, yet the latter is still the only team of the two to come home with a big trophy at the end. And slipping out of the top 4 by like a point or two in a league as stacked at the top as the PL isn't exactly embarrassing if you ask me, especially considering that it was literally the first time Wenger failed to reach there in all these years

Idk, the Arsenal supporters have kinda been acting like spoiled brats the last few months to me, but hopefully the FA trophy will calm them down a little bit and be reasonable for once
May 30, 2017 4:59 AM

Aug 2010
Tuchel leaves Dortmund. Can imagine what arsenal twitter is like right now.
May 30, 2017 5:02 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:

But I think it's the right decision all things considered. The Arsenal fans haven't really been very respectful or reasonable in their hate towards him

I mean fuck it's like Tottenham's best season in 50 years and supposedly Arsenal's worst in 20 years, yet the latter is still the only team of the two to come home with a big trophy at the end. And slipping out of the top 4 by like a point or two in a league as stacked at the top as the PL isn't exactly embarrassing if you ask me, especially considering that it was literally the first time Wenger failed to reach there in all these years

Idk, the Arsenal supporters have kinda been acting like spoiled brats the last few months to me, but hopefully the FA trophy will calm them down a little bit and be reasonable for once

The frustration is totally justified imo. They barely had a title run since 2004, despite finishing second last season they didn't put any pressure for the title run. The club has been stagnant for years now and he's partly responsible. Consistent Champions League appearances for over 20 years and being unable to get past the round of 16 for 6 years straight. The F.A cup is a great trophy, I'd love it, but in the league and in Europe they have become stagnant, which isn't expected from a club like Arsenal.

On the other hand, spurs have been progressing season by season now.
May 30, 2017 5:13 AM

Mar 2016
Wenger should just resign already. He's no Alex Ferguson.
May 30, 2017 5:18 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Frostbytes said:
HaXXspetten said:

The frustration is totally justified imo. They barely had a title run since 2004, despite finishing second last season they didn't put any pressure for the title run. The club has been stagnant for years now and he's partly responsible. Consistent Champions League appearances for over 20 years and being unable to get past the round of 16 for 6 years straight. The F.A cup is a great trophy, I'd love it, but in the league and in Europe they have become stagnant, which isn't expected from a club like Arsenal.

I guess, but it's hardly just Arsenal that's having trouble on a European level right now. English teams have been struggling hard there for years now. Even France has had more teams in the CL quarterfinals and beyond in the 2010s

In any case if you're going to replace him you need to actually have someone good willing to take the job too, and as far as I've seen it doesn't seem to be the most popular choice considering how toxic the atmosphere around the club is atm
May 30, 2017 5:31 AM

Feb 2012
Yeah pretty sure we all knew deep down he's going to stay. Even the biggest WOB guys knew he'd stay. You just can't get rid of the guy. He handles pressure good, doesn't back down in front of the fans, keeps his stubborn act up cause he knows he got the bigger owner's support, and that's all that matters. Only way they'll take him out of the Emirates is in a coffin lads.

On the positive at least the club keeps getting richer and richer and we're good on the business side.
May 30, 2017 5:57 AM

Aug 2010
'gooners' are massive fucking snowflakes tbh, the sad thing is it doesn't just seem to be the foreign ones. At least they're more entertaining to watch than boring chelsea cunts (honestly only people with zero character will choose to bandwagon chelsea) or underage barca/madrid kids that just want to argue about which player is more epic.
May 30, 2017 6:11 AM

Mar 2016
gallivant said:
'gooners' are massive fucking snowflakes tbh, the sad thing is it doesn't just seem to be the foreign ones. At least they're more entertaining to watch than boring chelsea cunts (honestly only people with zero character will choose to bandwagon chelsea) or underage barca/madrid kids that just want to argue about which player is more epic.

You're kinda generalizing there. I'm a Madrid supporter since 2006-2007 season before this whole kid comparisons started and became popular between fans over who has the best player in the world. However, Madrid and barca do have a thing that goes beyond rivalry and even touches politics so aggresiveness between the two teams isn't surprising. But I don't blame you for thinking that. It annoys me how some barca kids for example brag about how messi "destroyed" Madrid in La Liga at Bernabeu and fail to see that they didn't even win the league in the end lol. It's like they only care about messi. I'm also against extreme club fanboyism. And supporting clubs like chelsea has nothing to do with a person's character.
May 30, 2017 6:14 AM

Apr 2011
Dortmund, makes the CL Quarter Finals, finishes 3rd in the league and wins the DFB Pokal -> Sacks the manager.
Arsenal is embarrassed 10-2 in the CL Round of 16, finishes 5th in the league and wins the FA Cup -> Here's 2 more years, mate.

Might as well rename the club Arsene Wenger FC.

On another note, we're apparently signing Solanke from Chelsea. 7 goals in 25 in the Eredivisie seems a nice enough catch for ~3m pounds.
May 30, 2017 7:24 AM

Aug 2010
To be fair finishing 3rd in Germany is pretty shit. Literally a league where Anthony Modest is GOAT.
May 30, 2017 7:30 AM
*hug noises*

May 2013
Reports said that Thomas Tuchel was on bad terms with and/or in dispute with the club owner himself, so I'm pretty sure Dortmund's seasonal results isn't the main reason he got fired. Actually more like "fired" if you ask me, afaik he wanted to leave the club himself too
May 30, 2017 8:01 AM
Jul 2018
HaXXspetten said:
Frostbytes said:

I guess, but it's hardly just Arsenal that's having trouble on a European level right now. English teams have been struggling hard there for years now. Even France has had more teams in the CL quarterfinals and beyond in the 2010s

In any case if you're going to replace him you need to actually have someone good willing to take the job too, and as far as I've seen it doesn't seem to be the most popular choice considering how toxic the atmosphere around the club is atm

United performed well until SAF left. City got to semis last season. Given how he has been there for years now, you expect some kind of progress at least. Chelsea did decent and won one of them. Only the last few years English teams didn't do too well. Also, hardly any progress in league.
May 30, 2017 10:40 AM

Nov 2011
Dortmund gonna come in with the cheeky offer for Wagner then?
SWFC

May 30, 2017 10:52 AM

Oct 2015
HaXXspetten said:
Frostbytes said:

This is gonna their turning point , their gonna wanna win the EPL for 3 consecutive season.

May 30, 2017 11:04 AM

Mar 2013
yhunata said:
Dortmund, makes the CL Quarter Finals, finishes 3rd in the league and wins the DFB Pokal -> Sacks the manager.
Arsenal is embarrassed 10-2 in the CL Round of 16, finishes 5th in the league and wins the FA Cup -> Here's 2 more years, mate.

On another note, we're apparently signing Solanke from Chelsea. 7 goals in 25 in the Eredivisie seems a nice enough catch for ~3m pounds.

I'm sorry what? £3 mil for a guy that scores 7 Eredivisie goals seems nice to you? lol
(though I quite enjoyed him during his spell there)
May 30, 2017 11:07 AM

Aug 2010
3 million premier league money is about 30p in most other leagues.
May 30, 2017 11:18 AM

Mar 2013
waiting for the first British team to buy their own league
May 30, 2017 11:48 AM

Aug 2010
gallivant said:
3 million premier league money is about 30p in most other leagues.

that's what i tell myself anyway, it helps me sleep at night.

we've made a handful of transfers around the 7 million pound mark in the last few years and Alex Pritchard is likely the only one that will pay off.

We're currently open to offers for Naismith, Klose and probably Wildschut.

May 30, 2017 12:32 PM
Jul 2018
So apparently Sanchez is moving to either Bayern or city lol

Both Griezmann and Mbappe dropped transfer hints so this will be a fun summer tbh.
May 30, 2017 1:07 PM

Aug 2010
I imagine my summer will be spent researching german second division players.
May 30, 2017 2:13 PM

Feb 2012
Mbappe is shit anyways, he can go on and get sold for 150mil and be shit like Pogba /dab

Legit new Henry right here lads. Top scorer in his Belgium league this season. I cry.
May 30, 2017 2:59 PM
Jul 2018
Ramkec said:

Legit new Henry right here lads. Top scorer in his Belgium league this season. I cry.

is this guy an injury prone? hope he won't end up becoming a new bendtner
May 30, 2017 3:21 PM

Mar 2016
Ramkec said:
Mbappe is shit anyways, he can go on and get sold for 150mil and be shit like Pogba /dab

Basically today's football media :
"Score some goals and play some decent matches and you're the new Ronaldo/Messi/Zidane/Van Basten/Ronaldinho. Definitely worth 100M euros"
May 30, 2017 3:31 PM

Apr 2013
I've only just managed to come around to posting anything about our promotion yesterday as I've only just managed to reattach my head. Would like to thank everyone for the congratulations etc. About the game, it was probably harder for me to see than the neutral about that game being a bit shit with the nerves and that, but apparently it was really shite. I do think we had the better chances though and missed a sitter or 2 that I was worried might cost us. Was also worried about it going to penalties with Al Habsi being a lot more experienced than our keeper, but thankfully mainly good penalties from us and getting a bit lucky with Reading making a bollocks of a couple of theirs we came on top.

In terms of signings, I would love us to get Mooy either on loan or permanently to reprise the Mooy/Hogg partnership in midfield which is probably the main reason for our success this season and both are probably good enough for the PL but I don't think that might happen with other clubs on the Prem looking at him; though to be completely honest as much as I like Mooy he isn't anywhere near good enough to start for Man City and being in his mid/late 20's he probably won't improve much. As for everyone else.. literally fuck knows. I know we certainly need to improve quite a lot in certain areas (for example someone who can regularly put the ball in the shithousing net) if we're to stand any chance of staying up next season. Either way I'm looking forward to it and what we might do, may even surprise a few people and piss off a few big teams who are probably fully expecting to take 6 points off us.. who knows
May 30, 2017 3:32 PM

Apr 2013
gallivant said:
just a reminder that this exists.

Not quite as iconic as the "Leeds United play off song"
May 30, 2017 4:39 PM

Apr 2011
1017 said:
yhunata said:

I'm sorry what? £3 mil for a guy that scores 7 Eredivisie goals seems nice to you? lol
(though I quite enjoyed him during his spell there)

He apparently also scored 40 in a single season in the youth level, was top scorer in the UEFA youth competition in 15/16 and is only 19. Yeah, I'd still say 3mil is a bargain.
May 30, 2017 6:32 PM

Apr 2014
That Solanke talent is still quite a mysteries, some youth 'expert' claim that he is better than Rasford or something.
So it's interesting to see how his career will work out. Sadly, I don't see him get much game time in that Liverpool team considering his lack of PL exp.
May 30, 2017 6:40 PM

Apr 2014
gallivant said:
Arsenal fans always have a self-inflated image of their own club, it's started since the so called 'Invincibles' happened, they think it's the best achievement in footbball world even better than continental treble or winning CL, it get even worse when they got their new stadium and they started to think they are on the same bracket as RM, Bayern or Juventus.

Chelsea is by far the better team than Arsenal by a mile and already prove themselves to be able to hold their ground against European giants since the Abramovich era, and yet most of their fans still think they are not there yet.
May 31, 2017 7:05 AM
Jul 2018
tr1ckst3r said:
That Solanke talent is still quite a mysteries, some youth 'expert' claim that he is better than Rasford or something.
So it's interesting to see how his career will work out. Sadly, I don't see him get much game time in that Liverpool team considering his lack of PL exp.

There isn't anything mysterious about him, he is just another Chelsea academy player who banged in 40+ goals a couple of seasons ago, but didn't have that much of a good season at Vitesse. Just another story of England's promising youth players who fade away after performing in U19 levels, however if he gets his chance here, maybe he can make it but I really doubt it.

I would have instead loved someone like Tammy Abraham from chelsea who had a great last season or those exciting players from England Under-17s this year, Callum Hudson from Chelsea, Foden and Sancho from manchester city. These players are really something else.

However I don't think English top 4 teams will give any chance to youth nowadays, even the hyped Rashford will hardly play matches if United buys superstars and goes for title next season. Another Martial of Janujaz maybe. Best place is to go to a mid table team if you want youth to get a chance.
May 31, 2017 7:40 AM
Jan 2017
Another 2 more years. As a rival fan, I am delighted. #WengerIn
May 31, 2017 9:50 AM

Nov 2016
DragonSlayer_19 said:

Basically today's football media :
"Score some goals and play some decent matches and you're the new Ronaldo/Messi/Zidane/Van Basten/Ronaldinho. Definitely worth 100M euros"

God damn it, this is so true. I had a sensible chuckle with your quote.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 31, 2017 9:54 AM

Nov 2016
I don't like the fact that Madrid is planning to sell Morata. He's a young talent that deserves more minutes, and I really liked Zidane playing the Spanish Trio of Asencio, Morata, and Vazquez. If they sell Morata, Madrid better go for Mbappe to fill that hole.

Also, if James leaves, I'd rather take Hazard as his replacement.
"Estamos en la mierda joder" -DJMaRiiO
May 31, 2017 8:18 PM

Jun 2015
Bakayoko deal seems done.

Not sure what to think of him, I've seen him play a couple of times and seems like a really good player but not sure if he's worth the 42 million. But, if you think about it.. the amounts of money being splashed nowadays I'd say this isn't even half a bad deal. Bakayoko & Kante is gonna be a bloodbath.

There are rumors for van Dijk as well and if we could get him that'd be insane. Also, I highly doubt that any of our key players will leave excluding Costa. If Costa were to leave, then I'd love to have someone like Dybala but I think he signed a new contract recently and there's no way that guy is leaving anytime soon, Juventus are so lucky.

Looking forward to this transfer window madness.
Jun 1, 2017 4:21 AM

Aug 2010
Marley Watkins confirmed on a 3 year deal. That wasn't a very well kept secret.

We have far too many attacking midfielders already but I suppose getting a soon to be Wales international on a free can't be bad news.
Jun 1, 2017 5:14 AM

Nov 2011
wish we would sign someone....or sell someone or release the new kit....or just do something please im bored af
SWFC

Jun 1, 2017 6:16 AM

Apr 2011
We've apparently agreed personal terms with Salah for 45mil. Can't say I'm too pleased about the price, seems about 10mil too much.
Jun 1, 2017 7:30 AM

Apr 2013
I think some of our fans are getting a bit giddy over transfers after promotion. Someone on our forum suggested we should have a go for Keisuke Honda who is soon to be out of contract at AC Milan. I mean fucking hell
Jun 1, 2017 7:55 AM
Jul 2018
So atleti got a transfer ban? lmao, now the Griezmann transfer saga will be even more hilarious.
Jun 1, 2017 10:12 AM

Aug 2010
Kilnerbanker said:
I think some of our fans are getting a bit giddy over transfers after promotion. Someone on our forum suggested we should have a go for Keisuke Honda who is soon to be out of contract at AC Milan. I mean fucking hell

our place has gone the opposite way this summer. somebody suggested alex bruce the other day.
Jun 1, 2017 11:54 AM

Apr 2013
gallivant said:
Kilnerbanker said:

our place has gone the opposite way this summer. somebody suggested alex bruce the other day.

He played 3 games for us in league 1 in 2011 and was utter tripe. I'm surprised Uncle Steve hasn't dragged him along to Villa
Jun 1, 2017 1:10 PM

May 2015
@Kilnerbanker You think you've got it bad? Some fans think we've got a chance of getting John Terry because he played 6 games on loan for us back in 2000 lmao

I hate this time of year, especially being a Forest fan. Well, at least we've got a manager this time around so we won't be stressing about that. As for transfers, I saw something about Craig Noone being released from Cardiff, would definitely take him. Not sure how much Jamie Ward's hamstrings can take.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (77) « First ... « 66 67 [68] 69 70 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.