Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »
Jul 10, 2016 3:00 PM

Oct 2015
I don't really understand everyone's issue with pacing, probably because I've never read the VN, but then I don't understand why people are saying it's more for the VN readers when all the VN readers seem to have the problem with the pacing. When they have to fit 50+ hours of VN into 13 episodes, or even 26 episodes, stuffs going to move fast, it's just the difference in mediums. Personally, I'm really enjoying this show and finding the characters funny and enjoyable to watch. Loved the ending sequence.
Jul 10, 2016 3:37 PM

Aug 2015
The design of the characters is amazing.
The opening is really cool.
We do not know what were those supernatural phenomena.
The occult club is full of girls now, our protagonist has a harem ...
It seems they are taking a new direction and forgetting the supernatural phenomena.
We do not know who and what is this "ghost".
Still a lot of fun.
Looking forward to the next episode!!
Jul 10, 2016 3:59 PM

Apr 2015
Rewrite episode 2 - directed by The Flash.
Seriously though... I... liked this. Wait! I liked this!? I can't believe what I'm saying!
But yeah, it was one step above compared to that previous mess. The jokes were better, it was more like the common route - lighthearted, no familiars and other heavy shit. Oh, and the ED was lovely. Unfortunately... the art was possibly even worse than before (HOW LOW CAN YOU GO, 8bit?) and the pacing is still fucking shit. Oh yeah, and the most important thing: Why is Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking?
N7n4shiJul 10, 2016 5:44 PM
Jul 10, 2016 4:53 PM

Apr 2016
The harem aspect was pretty forced, and the pace is pretty rushed.

That aside, it's pretty entertaining.
Jul 10, 2016 5:04 PM

Nov 2012
I liked the comedy much better in this episode, laughed heartily several times. Kotarou farting on the ribbon girl was especially funny xD

Pacing still shit though, they better get it together once the actual original story starts.
Jul 10, 2016 5:25 PM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Tennouji said:

Or he can't simply admit his mistake and he's simply just using what Tensho said that this anime is for both audiences and he even stated that many times when someone complains that this anime seems it's only for VN players.

And I do agree on everything of what you said.

Yeah, for VN players without any standards. VN's OP2 is better than this garbage will (probably) ever be.

I honestly hated OP2 tbh.
Jul 10, 2016 5:28 PM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
Rewrite episode 2 - directed by The Flash.
Seriously though... I... liked this. Wait? I liked this!? I can't believe what I'm saying!
But yeah, it was one step above compared to that previous mess. The jokes were better, it was more like the common route - lighthearted, no familiars and other heavy shit. Oh, and the ED was lovely. Unfortunately... the art was possibly even worse than before (HOW LOW CAN YOU GO, 8bit?) and the pacing is still fucking shit. Oh yeah, and the most important thing: Why is Shizuru not ripe enough for the picking?

I only see the issue in terms of the art being on the far frame side of the side.

That aside the ED was animated by the one and only one of the more known staff for 8bit standards, Ebata-san (he animated both OPs of Absolute Duo and Shounen Maid, and the ED for Sora no Method, he's basically known for fluidity animation and details in OP/EDs)
Jul 10, 2016 5:41 PM
Jul 2018
Memor said:
Suddenly, a harem!

Akane is my current best girl of the series. She's got that kinda cool beauty.

Not a harem xD Just saying, but I can agree that Akane is best girl imo.
Jul 10, 2016 5:45 PM

May 2010
OP was okay, but I don't like the new version of Sasayaka na Hajimari :< It has some completely unfitting instrument in the background (drums?). Original version from HF was a lot better.
Still, I loved that the ED had child Lucia, since we never got to see her in the vn (ʘ‿ʘ) Dat bobcut tho!

This ep was a bit better, but that was a given, since Akane-sama got more lines. It had some funny scenes (not counting the terrible fart joke), but I still dislike the pacing, like with each member joining club the very same day.
Also Tomokoooo~! With that design I sincerely hope that she will got the new, 6th route, in the upcoming Rewrite+ vn, lolz.

Btw, quality animation >D
Jul 10, 2016 5:47 PM

Apr 2015
Kitsu-nee said:
OP was okay, but I don't like the new version of Sasayaka na Hajimari :< It has some completely unfitting instrument in the background (drums?). Original version from HF was a lot better.
Still, I loved that the ED had child Lucia, since we never got to see her in the vn (ʘ‿ʘ) Dat bobcut tho!

This ep was a bit better, but that was a given, since Akane-sama got more lines. It had some funny scenes (not counting the terrible fart joke), but I still dislike the pacing, like with each member joining club the very same day.
Also Tomokoooo~! With that design I sincerely hope that she will got the new, 6th route in the upcoming Rewrite+ vn, lolz.

Btw, quality animation >D

THE HELL? Something is seriously wrong with that picture o_O
Jul 10, 2016 5:49 PM

Apr 2015
TheLittleRedHero said:
Gotrys_Cheslock said:

Yeah, for VN players without any standards. VN's OP2 is better than this garbage will (probably) ever be.

Well, I love it. And that song is hilarious... in a good way of course.
Jul 10, 2016 5:54 PM
Jul 2018
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
TheLittleRedHero said:

Well, I love it. And that song is hilarious... in a good way of course.

I mean the music area is subjective of course but I dunno, OP1 of the Visual Novel a much more... hype dose or lets save lively tone imo. But then again, that's just me. So I guess to say take this with a pinch of salt but again, music is rather the subjective term.
Jul 10, 2016 6:04 PM

Feb 2016
Stupid, pointless scenes that amount to nothing.

Horrendous directing that constantly cuts between scenes losing all sense of continuity or tone.

Generic,boring, one-note characters with non-existent characterization that the show would much rather tell you about the rather than show you.

Yeah, this is without a doubt, the worst show of the season so far ( and thats saying alot seeing as there is a good number of bad shows this season).
I don't know if most of the problems with this show is because of its adaption and the VN is alot better, but seeing that the VN is supposedly this "unrivaled masterpiece", and the fact that VN readers aren't constantly complaining about the adaptation, I wouldn't be surprised if the VN is not all that great either.
Jul 10, 2016 6:16 PM
Jul 2016
I just hope they troll Yoshino with his theme song lulz...
Jul 10, 2016 6:29 PM

Apr 2015
BlackAkemi said:

Horrendous directing that constantly cuts between scenes losing all sense of continuity or tone.

Generic,boring, one-note characters with non-existent characterization that the show would much rather tell you about the rather than show you.

Yeah, this is without a doubt, the worst show of the season so far ( and thats saying alot seeing as there is a good number of bad shows this season).
I don't know if most of the problems with this show is because of its adaption and the VN is alot better, but seeing that the VN is supposedly this "unrivaled masterpiece", and the fact that VN readers aren't constantly complaining about the adaptation, I wouldn't be surprised if the VN is not all that great either.

I'm complaining (almost) all the time, and (almost) everyone here calls me a hater.
And like I said before, as an adaptation this is just absolute fail and a wasted opportunity. As a stand alone anime - it's decent enough. Nothing great, but not too terrible either.
Jul 10, 2016 7:24 PM

Feb 2016
Gotrys_Cheslock said:
BlackAkemi said:

I'm complaining (almost) all the time, and (almost) everyone here calls me a hater.
And like I said before, as an adaptation this is just absolute fail and a wasted opportunity. As a stand alone anime - it's decent enough. Nothing great, but not too terrible either.
Personally, I have a hard time believing that the anime fucked up the original source material that badly in order for it to be this bad. So its either the source material was never that good to begin with, or its problems as a adaption aren't apparent from the very start for most people. And as an anime only watcher, this is probably one of the worst anime I have ever seen.
Jul 10, 2016 7:33 PM
Jul 2016
Hi, I just created this account to say, wow so much hate for Rewrite.

Yeah, I admit that the directing isn't the best and the animation is a little funny

But is not so bad, BlackAkemi said that because the VN readers aren't complaining too much, the VN is bad as well, it's not true. the character are almost one dimensional because

I understand the super fast pacing, because the common was so long that it won't fit in the 13 chapters if you also include a route and obviously I want to see the sixth untold route so I am not complaining about it.

When people are complaining because it looks like a generic harem, well nothing to say against that, it DOES look like a generic harem, but it's not a harem,

By the way, it also irks me that in the Okaken only females gathers for plot reasons.

When people don't understand if this is romance, action, mystery, etc., well, just keep watching, but considering the opening and the first two chapters, it will have action adn a little mystery, but I am not so sure if this will have romance, which the VN lacked except in one route, cuz the VN wasn't a romance game.

About the joke not being funny, that's because it's a hit or a miss and the hilarity has a big factor in how much you get to know the characters and obviously that factor will be lacking in the anime.

But I have to say, Rewrite is a super story, but the anime will cover only the untold route, which won't elevate the story (hoping for a second season to enjoy the true route animated with more feels thanks to this 6th route)

My first post and is this long...
Jul 10, 2016 7:43 PM

Jul 2016
JanusVonMaria said:
Hi, I just created this account to say, wow so much hate for Rewrite.

Yeah, I admit that the directing isn't the best and the animation is a little funny

But is not so bad, BlackAkemi said that because the VN readers aren't complaining too much, the VN is bad as well, it's not true. the character are almost one dimensional because

I understand the super fast pacing, because the common was so long that it won't fit in the 13 chapters if you also include a route and obviously I want to see the sixth untold route so I am not complaining about it.

When people are complaining because it looks like a generic harem, well nothing to say against that, it DOES look like a generic harem, but it's not a harem,

By the way, it also irks me that in the Okaken only females gathers for plot reasons.

When people don't understand if this is romance, action, mystery, etc., well, just keep watching, but considering the opening and the first two chapters, it will have action adn a little mystery, but I am not so sure if this will have romance, which the VN lacked except in one route, cuz the VN wasn't a romance game.

About the joke not being funny, that's because it's a hit or a miss and the hilarity has a big factor in how much you get to know the characters and obviously that factor will be lacking in the anime.

But I have to say, Rewrite is a super story, but the anime will cover only the untold route, which won't elevate the story (hoping for a second season to enjoy the true route animated with more feels thanks to this 6th route)

My first post and is this long...

The point is, low budget + initial confusion = bad rate, hate.
There are nothing we can do now, sit back, enjoy Rewrite and hope for the best.
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jul 10, 2016 7:47 PM
Jul 2016
krasnayaZvezda said:

I am enjoying, but I am a little mad for omitting "I am ripe for the picking!" it was so much to ask for just 2 second more of budget!
And I am also sad that I won't be able to enjoy the anime version of Chihaya's english lesson, featuring I am home.
Jul 10, 2016 7:50 PM

Jan 2012
So much choices!!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Jul 10, 2016 7:53 PM

Jun 2013
BlackAkemi said:

Don't assume stuff that you don't know about, just saying.

Btw Rewrite is very far from being generic. The real plot has not even started to begin yet.

If you're complaining about the characters, they're not really the types that you think they are. Rewrite is praised so much for a reason, just think about that for a bit.
Murasa22Jul 10, 2016 7:56 PM
Jul 10, 2016 7:56 PM

Jul 2016
JanusVonMaria said:
krasnayaZvezda said:

I am enjoying, but I am a little mad for omitting "I am ripe for the picking!" it was so much to ask for just 2 second more of budget!
And I am also sad that I won't be able to enjoy the anime version of Chihaya's english lesson, featuring I am home.

Consider the current trend of anime in both Japan and the world, Key and Aniplex wouldn't risk much money for a Rewrite anime. I think that for Key, it's just a way to advertise Rewrite+
"A good man, in his darkest yearning, Is still aware of virtue’s ways." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jul 10, 2016 8:09 PM
Jul 2016
krasnayaZvezda said:
JanusVonMaria said:

Consider the current trend of anime in both Japan and the world, Key and Aniplex wouldn't risk much money for a Rewrite anime. I think that for Key, it's just a way to advertise Rewrite+

But, but my:
sniff.
And they should risk money for Rewrite anime and making it a la Amagami showing every route, while explaining the different routes with a bit of explanation of the
They should have made 2 seasons 1 one hour OVA and one 2 hours movie.
The first season for the common and this route that they are showing, the second for the heroines route, the OVA for Moon and the movie for Terra.
Well, they can scrap the second season with the heroines route, but I wished that this extra route would had more budget to making it more enjoyable.
Like I care if they lose money for that, entertainment business is to spread happiness not money!
Jul 10, 2016 8:34 PM
Mar 2009
Just started watching this adaption.

I got some good laughs out of these episodes. It's refreshing to see more VN-adapted witty humor again. No other VN-adapted (if any) anime quite does this right, and that is one of the reasons i love Key anime.

As for pacing i have no complaints. The VN's main story was indeed a confusing mess where you would spend hours slogging through common routes until you get to Moon/Terra, and THAT's when everything starts to makes sense. The anime basically tries to speed that up while keeping the best parts (like it should). I don't blame those who are still riddled with questions but know that those precious 24 minutes every week inch a little bit closer to the major key plot while still being entertaining.

As for the animation, despite what people say, i find 8-bit's style is the "correct" choice for adaption like Rewrite. The extra crude details are charming in it's own right and I give mad props to studios who would draw extra two frames of animation for simple mundane actions. Also the Tomoko 60fps hair-tweening scene was pretty nice.

Overall i like what i'm seeing and will continue to enjoy this series.
Jul 10, 2016 8:39 PM
Jun 2016
BlackAkemi said:

I can at least agree with you on the directing part. I can't feel the flow or consistency through most or any of the scenes. It feels too clunky.

Scene's that amount to nothing... Well I don't understand that part. Most of these scenes fit fine within the context of a Slice of Life/Comedy, no doubt. And those scenes are there for what's happening in the MOMENT. They're for showing character interactions and maybe even character development at some point but right now it's more of letting you know who the characters are. That's also why I disagree with your one-note statement. I can think of very few shows (let alone any with this many main characters) fleshing people out and giving them character development and personality in the first 2 episodes. Of course there has to be SOMETHING there, but in that department I think the characters are fairly distinct. For example Kotori's oddball humor and actions isn't something I've seen very often. Neither is Akane's almost sadistic and manipulative personality.
Jul 10, 2016 8:42 PM

Feb 2016
Murasa22 said:
BlackAkemi said:

Btw Rewrite is very far from being generic. The real plot has not even started to begin yet.

If you're complaining about the characters, they're not really the types that you think they are. Rewrite is praised so much for a reason, just think about that for a bit.

If I want to see why Rewrite is so beloved, then I'am just going to read the VN as the anime has been complete shit so far. Unless this is just another case of "it gets good later on" I have a hard time believing anything that happens later on can completely redeem this.
Jul 10, 2016 8:44 PM

Jul 2013
BlackAkemi said:
Murasa22 said:

If I want to see why Rewrite is so beloved, then I'am just going to read the VN as the anime has been complete shit so far. Unless this is just another case of "it gets good later on" I have a hard time believing anything that happens later on can completely redeem this.

lol........... *points at my fellow VN readers*
この世界には。。。秘密がある
Jul 10, 2016 8:50 PM

Jun 2013
sanata50lbsb said:
BlackAkemi said:

lol........... *points at my fellow VN readers*

I lol'd XD

Yeah dude, don't worry. Oh, and the VN has about 20 hours of common route which consists of comedy SoL with mystery elements before the real thing starts to pick up (Rewrite has 65h+ of lenght). So be glad the anime is condensing that part for your pleasing because it will be A LOT longer if you're planning to read the novel.

But it will pay off in the end, we VN readers can assure that.
Jul 10, 2016 8:58 PM
Jul 2016
BlackAkemi said:
Murasa22 said:

If you wish , I could spoiler you everything (which I absolutely don't recommend), so you don't have to see the anime nor read the VN, because it takes a reaaaaaally long time until things starts to going wild and the VN has so many subtle hints about some truths, which are difficult to catch if you just breeze through it.
Well, if you don't like it, just don't watch it and I am not telling this in a bad way, it's just that in this season there others animes where the plot starts faster, which may be more to your liking, but believe me when I say that the story is really good and the characters are more than what they portray, even Kotarou is more than that perverted booby lover.
Jul 10, 2016 9:22 PM

Feb 2016
JanusVonMaria said:
BlackAkemi said:

If you wish , I could spoiler you everything (which I absolutely don't recommend), so you don't have to see the anime nor read the VN, because it takes a reaaaaaally long time until things starts to going wild and the VN has so many subtle hints about some truths, which are difficult to catch if you just breeze through it.
Well, if you don't like it, just don't watch it and I am not telling this in a bad way, it's just that in this season there others animes where the plot starts faster, which may be more to your liking, but believe me when I say that the story is really good and the characters are more than what they portray, even Kotarou is more than that perverted booby lover.

I don't hate Rewrite because the plot hasn't started yet, I don't mind shows that have a slow beginning ( in fact two of my favorite anime of all time have slow beginnings HunterxHunter and One Piece ) just as long as it still has good level of intrigue and shows some of it strengths from the very start. Rewrite so far has done nothing to get me invested in its characters or its premise (whatever that may be ) and even if it does "get better later on" I'll be too blindsided by the stupid bullshit in the earlier episodes to really give a shit. I will probably read the VN someday to see if its really just as good as everyone says it is and that the anime just doesn't represent the VN well.
Jul 10, 2016 10:07 PM

Aug 2008
BlackAkemi said:

It isn't in fact. Rewrite's VN had problems similar to the anime adaptation, especially when it comes to pacing. It's just plainly badly written at times and the mystery element is just as bad. The authors tried to build up some sort of really big plot twist at the end of the common route (the kind that makes you go "Oh, now things will never be the same again...") in a way that makes Rewrite more like "Unlimited Rewrite Muv Works Fell" if that makes sense... and kinda failed (it's badly foreshadowed by doing exactly what the anime is doing, inserting random scenes where Kotarou does something bizarre that the narrator doesn't even try to acknowledge, like a boring friend that has already read the story next to you continuously going "Oh oh oh, I wonder why he did that!", only for the story to conveniently forget about them for the next 40 hours of narration, during which we can return teasing Yoshino for slice of life fun).

What redeems Rewrite is that the final resolution of the novel, albeit ridiculously rushed as well as everything else, does a really good job at trying to patch up 7 different routes together. Does it succeed? Mmm...nggh... yeah, sorta. The answer it gives you makes sense and I'd say the plot is fairly coherent, although it doesn't stop the other routes from having problems.

Rewrite is basically a mishmash of every trope you can imagine and suffers from lack of direction. The anime now is going full original story and I have no idea where they want to go.

I'm seeing a lot of elitist "Us VN readers, LOL" attitude in the thread which is really detrimental to any discussion, and a lot of defensive arguments when it comes to say "Oh it's not a battle harem, you'll see it's so deep!". There is a reason why many users have a "don't listen to VN readers, they are all fanboys" attitude, because that's the vibe around the thread. And I say this as someone that kinda enjoyed Rewrite for what it was.
Ukyo9Jul 10, 2016 10:14 PM
Jul 10, 2016 10:52 PM

Dec 2007
Sorry but the animation/art is just plain unforgivable. Most of the time each characters face looks like they are from one of those eroge adaptations from 2001 by a no name studio. It's almost like 8bit took as little time as possible to animate. I am legit getting DEEN Umineko flashbacks.

Having read the source I wish I could comment on the actual story-line, but I'm too depressed by the art/animation quality. Even though we are in 2016, we still have reputable titles being animated like this is 2001.
KetuekigamiJul 10, 2016 10:56 PM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 10, 2016 10:56 PM

Sep 2011
Here I was hoping we'd have another Re:Zero-like show with the intriguing double-length first episode and a nice mystery. Instead, I am treated with a second episode that had nothing going for it. All of the tropes women (aside from the president) are attracted to the main character and the somewhat threatening ghost now seems to have some kind of interest in the main character as well. The titular "rewriting" is also notably absent.

My enthusiasm for this show will disappear pretty quickly if nothing changes in the third episode. The first episode had the right idea - let's have more of that.
Jul 10, 2016 11:14 PM

Jun 2013
Shirasho said:
Here I was hoping we'd have another Re:Zero-like show with the intriguing double-length first episode and a nice mystery. Instead, I am treated with a second episode that had nothing going for it. All of the tropes women (aside from the president) are attracted to the main character and the somewhat threatening ghost now seems to have some kind of interest in the main character as well. The titular "rewriting" is also notably absent.

My enthusiasm for this show will disappear pretty quickly if nothing changes in the third episode. The first episode had the right idea - let's have more of that.

I can assure you that Rewrite's plot is way more complicated (and better in my opinion) than Re:zero's.

And the girls are not attracted to him, since this isn't a harem. Also the route they are following here is focused on the "ghost" girl Kagari, so if its supposed for him to have an romance, it will be with her.
Jul 10, 2016 11:26 PM

Feb 2014
Shirasho said:

The thing this anime is suffering from for some people is the like 20 hour long common route from the original VN. They'll be adapting some comedic moments from that, plus some character interactions and a few supernatural elements. When the common route is over with a certain event that happens in the game, everything changes. Also, out of the five heroines, only one of the girls has a crush on him, and another girl has some kind of feelings for him since of her backstory. The other girls don't develop feelings for him until it's their routes in the VN, so not all of them are attracted to him.
The term "Rewrite" has been ever so slightly hinted at, but only people who played the VN would know that. You really don't learn what "Rewrite" means until later on in the VN, anyways.
Jul 10, 2016 11:27 PM
Jul 2016
Ukyo9 said:
BlackAkemi said:

It isn't in fact. Rewrite's VN had problems similar to the anime adaptation, especially when it comes to pacing. It's just plainly badly written at times and the mystery element is just as bad. The authors tried to build up some sort of really big plot twist at the end of the common route (the kind that makes you go "Oh, now things will never be the same again...") in a way that makes Rewrite more like "Unlimited Rewrite Muv Works Fell" if that makes sense... and kinda failed (it's badly foreshadowed by doing exactly what the anime is doing, inserting random scenes where Kotarou does something bizarre that the narrator doesn't even try to acknowledge, like a boring friend that has already read the story next to you continuously going "Oh oh oh, I wonder why he did that!", only for the story to conveniently forget about them for the next 40 hours of narration, during which we can return teasing Yoshino for slice of life fun).

What redeems Rewrite is that the final resolution of the novel, albeit ridiculously rushed as well as everything else, does a really good job at trying to patch up 7 different routes together. Does it succeed? Mmm...nggh... yeah, sorta. The answer it gives you makes sense and I'd say the plot is fairly coherent, although it doesn't stop the other routes from having problems.

Rewrite is basically a mishmash of every trope you can imagine and suffers from lack of direction. The anime now is going full original story and I have no idea where they want to go.

I'm seeing a lot of elitist "Us VN readers, LOL" attitude in the thread which is really detrimental to any discussion, and a lot of defensive arguments when it comes to say "Oh it's not a battle harem, you'll see it's so deep!". There is a reason why many users have a "don't listen to VN readers, they are all fanboys" attitude, because that's the vibe around the thread. And I say this as someone that kinda enjoyed Rewrite for what it was.

Hey, it's not harem, it just looks like it, to me, a harem it's something like MuvLuvExtra and yes I did read that crap (they should have made it shorter!!!).
In Rewrite, even though most of Kotarou friends are girls, they don't flirt at each second except Shizuru who is clear that she has a crush on him.

Also, I admit that the VN has a pacing problem, but I kinda liked it because it was giving hints about Kotarou's truth and the turning point really hurt thanks to those slice of life scenes, and well I and many others did like VN Rewrite as well that many hated it, it's just a hit or miss and it was a hit for me.

About being more deep than it seems, I know that some guys exaggerates a lot, but it was deep enough for me, and I am not talking about Kotarou's answer for the whole problem of the series, but his inner thoughts which made him choose that answer and

And to BlackAkemi, sorry you are going to hate Rewrite, it just doesn't show any real strength at the beginning besides the jokes towards Yoshino, which I loved it, but seeing that the jokes in the anime didn't make you smile even a little, this VN just won't work with you. Again, I am not saying it in an insulting or belittling way, it just that I don't wish for a person to be forced to watch or read something that it's not to their tastes, like when a friend made me read Twilight, I know that is good, but it just wasn't for me and I suffered a lot.
Jul 10, 2016 11:42 PM

Feb 2016
Ukyo9 said:
BlackAkemi said:

Finally! someone from the minority that doesn't think Rewrite is the greatest thing ever. As someone who completely despises the anime, do you think I'll be able to enjoy the VN a lot more or is it just a slightly better version of the anime with all the same flaws just not as extreme (which isn't saying much).
Jul 10, 2016 11:58 PM

Feb 2014
BlackAkemi said:
Ukyo9 said:

Finally! someone from the minority that doesn't think Rewrite is the greatest thing ever. As someone who completely despises the anime, do you think I'll be able to enjoy the VN a lot more or is it just a slightly better version of the anime with all the same flaws just not as extreme (which isn't saying much).

It's hard to say, really, although the VN will for sure be better than the anime. If you have a hard time with the common route, it may be a bit sluggish for you. The heroine routes are much different than the common route, and there are different writers for multiple routes. Romeo Tanaka wrote Kotori, Akane, Moon, and Terra. Ryukishi07 wrote Lucia's route, while Yuto Tonokawa wrote Shizuru and Chihaya's routes. If you are able to make it through the long common route, which you may just like it, then you'll be in for a ride. If you slug through the common route, and get to your first heroine route, what you may feel depends on the route, since they're written by different people. If you enjoy Kotori's or Akane's route, it is definitely worth playing through them all for Moon/Terra. If you don't like any of the heroine routes, it wouldn't be worth playing through.

At this point, it would probably be best to hold off the series and see how it does a few episodes later. If the plot progresses in a decent manner and receives positive feedback, check out the anime then and determine whether or not you want to play the VN (Since it is really long!)
Jul 11, 2016 12:12 AM

May 2010
BlackAkemi said:

You shouldn't pay attention to hyped fanboys imo. It's always like that with popular visual novels and their adaptation, LB!, FSN: UBW, now Rewrite. It's not a big deal if you don't like it after all :D Fans tend to overanalyze every little thing. It's the best to check out the original source and decide for yourself imo. Personally I don't think that Rewrite is a masterpiece either, but it was enjoyable and even somehow addicting, despite some problems I've had with it.
Jul 11, 2016 12:15 AM

Dec 2014
BlackAkemi said:

Was just checking the thread to see if anyone posted anything I agreed with, and this guy nailed it

This is by far, without a doubt, the worst show I've watched so far this season

Horrible, shallow characters who are quirky to the detriment of the show; horribly generic setting and bad art; nonexistent pacing and worldbuilding; childish, immature dialogue and character actions that insult the viewer; and worst of all, the token generic brown-haired male protagonist of the harem genre to top it all off

So far this is abysmal. I blame the shitty direction and Key's blatant pandering for most of it, but I haven't read the VN so I can't be 100% sure

I'm pretty tolerant with being patient and waiting for shows to get better (only 5/200 dropped, or 2.5% drop rate), but even I have a limit to how much misery I can take on and this show is pushing me pretty hard

I hope it improves pretty soon or it's getting dropped immediately after episode 4
Jul 11, 2016 12:18 AM
Jul 2016
BlackAkemi said:

I already posted it before, and as some other VN reader told you, it's not for you, stay away from it to avoid a bad experience, I loved Rewrite and it's my second favorite VN, but I know that some people hate it for it's crappy pace and it harem troupe without being harem.
JanusVonMariaJul 13, 2016 8:15 PM
Jul 11, 2016 12:25 AM

Jun 2013
BadVoodoo said:
I hope it improves pretty soon or it's getting dropped immediately after episode 4

I think you're being a bit too harsh based on other's opinion/MAL rating, cause the anime isn't that bad like you're saying at all.

But i believe that the real plot will start around episode 6 or 7 since the common route is pretty long in the VN, but im not 100% sure ofc since this is an original route for Kagari (the "ghost" girl)

Episode 4 won't reveal the real plot of Rewrite thats for sure. But it can make some revelations about Kotarou's power or some sort of that..

who knows ^-^
Murasa22Jul 11, 2016 12:30 AM
Jul 11, 2016 12:30 AM

Aug 2008
BlackAkemi said:
do you think I'll be able to enjoy the VN a lot more

Well, I can't tell you that, not directly because I don't know what you enjoy in a story.

Do you like stories with a basic dating-sim structure (aka, every girls gets a route, spend lots of time with that girl in order to unlock it!)that have a LOT of slice of life? Do you enjoy very shounen-esque stories? Can you stand the fact that half of the novel is just following around the daily high school lives of a bunch of teenagers with no plot progression whatsoever (common route), followed by a 180° tone shift in the girl's routes?

If you can answer yes to all of those questions then yes, maybe you'll enjoy it. From your anime list (sorry, I took the liberty of having a peek at it) I think you are somehow more on the 'dislike' side so think about it carefully if you wish to invest 50+ hours of your time into it.
Jul 11, 2016 12:34 AM

Jul 2016
I'm in doubt that people who said Rewrite anime had horrible settings, immature dialogue would actually think better of the visual novel. Even without the latter "grand story", I still deeply enjoyed Rewrite common route. Its comedic sense was just in sync with mine.

But it is my bias anyway, because I always readily swallowed up everything that Romeo guy dished out (aside from that boring Wasteland anime)
Jul 11, 2016 1:06 AM

Oct 2009
The direction of this show is baffling.

There are no transitions between scenes.
Important information is omitted from the dialogue.
Tonal shifts between consecutive scenes.
Fucking farting on Kagari's face.
No explanation for why the girls joined the club sans Lucia.

The Rewrite VN wasn't a top favorite of mine, but for fuck's sake it deserves better than this. Literally if anything appeals to anime only viewers just play the game because watching this adaptation will kill all hope in the story.

Just... baffling.
Jul 11, 2016 1:06 AM

Feb 2016
Ukyo9 said:
BlackAkemi said:
do you think I'll be able to enjoy the VN a lot more

Well, I can't tell you that, not directly because I don't know what you enjoy in a story.

Do you like stories with a basic dating-sim structure (aka, every girls gets a route, spend lots of time with that girl in order to unlock it!)that have a LOT of slice of life? Do you enjoy very shounen-esque stories? Can you stand the fact that half of the novel is just following around the daily high school lives of a bunch of teenagers with no plot progression whatsoever (common route), followed by a 180° tone shift in the girl's routes?

If you can answer yes to all of those questions then yes, maybe you'll enjoy it. From your anime list (sorry, I took the liberty of having a peek at it) I think you are somehow more on the 'dislike' side so think about it carefully if you wish to invest 50+ hours of your time into it.

No, its fine I actually really appreciate when people look at my list. But anyway, I'am still trying to discover my tastes so I wouldn't know, but if it still carries some of the same problems as the anime does than I'am leaning toward the dislike side. And judging from what other VN readers are telling me, I think it would be alot better if I just avoided it all together.
Jul 11, 2016 1:12 AM

Oct 2009
And I'm a huge VN fan, but I really dislike when people's main justification for a poor anime adaptation is "the VN has more content than you can fit into an anime". that's a really lazy, hand-wavey explanation. Rewrite could have been good even if they struck out a lot of the game's content. Most of the problems with this adaptation are related to how generally awful 8-Bit is, as well as terrible directing and writing.
Jul 11, 2016 1:21 AM

Apr 2014
Murasa22 said:
BlackAkemi said:

I swear you people say this crap every single time. It's like you're all broken records.

"It's not generic! I-It gets better! It's so deep, I swear! It's not a harem! You don't get it!"
Give me a freaking break.
Jul 11, 2016 1:21 AM

Dec 2014
Look, I keep seeing the same thing here, so I'm just gonna come right out of the woodwork and say it. For those of you grasping at reasons to continue the show and aren't really enjoying it, just give up on watching it weekly. If you come here and ask people to tell you what makes this good when the series is 2 episodes in, you will undoubtedly be fed the same cut and paste statements that have constantly been posted in these threads. If it picks up later on and catches people's attention, you will most likely hear about it somewhere, so just hold off.

As for me, I'm not necessarily going to say it's good or bad. I have been enjoying it as a VN fan boy pleb, but that's coming from a fairly biased perspective. The one thing I will point out that is undoubtable is that the transitions are very awkward, I mean, cutting from the occult club to half nude Akane, then he is suddenly in bed? I don't know how this was ok'd by anyone. We will just have to see where this goes.
Jul 11, 2016 2:06 AM
Jul 2016
Hongu said:
Murasa22 said:

I swear you people say this crap every single time. It's like you're all broken records.

"It's not generic! I-It gets better! It's so deep, I swear! It's not a harem! You don't get it!"
Give me a freaking break.

Okay, another reason with a little spoiler.
First the summary so far.

In my summary, there is a lot of for some reason, those are mysteries that will be slowly unfolded through the series and if you had watched enough series you will know that they will be related, but you don't know why.
Also, if it's like the VN, more subtle mysteries are going to appear and if you are smart enough you will understand it, but if you are not on Umineko level, then keep watching to see an amazing (I hope it will turn amazing) reveal, together with a lot of action as shown in the opening, and as a Key story, it will have some emotional stuff, but not so much because Rewrite is not a crying game.

If you have a perfect memory you can ignore my summary, and just think why there is so much unexplained stuff and because is a fiction story, those unexplained stuffs must be related to each other right?

If you still don't want to watch it, then don't, nothing is worse than watching something you won't like, believe me, I read Twilight against my will and it was hell.
JanusVonMariaJul 11, 2016 3:01 AM
Pages (7) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Sep 24, 2016

293 by nhkam »»
Apr 6, 10:39 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Aug 13, 2016

177 by Miki42 »»
Jan 10, 9:41 AM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 10, 2016

112 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:46 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Aug 6, 2016

126 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:43 PM

Poll: » Rewrite Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Jul 30, 2016

242 by White_Alice »»
Dec 15, 2023 11:42 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.